Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Gandalf, please explain this verse? (Read 12205 times)
Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Gandalf, please explain this verse?
Nov 9th, 2018 at 5:39pm

Gandalf, please explain why God would fill an immortal tablet from heaven with commandments about how to treat the Prophet in the his home, and how to treat his wives? Considering that Muhammad is the supposed narrator of God's word.

Consider verse 33:53:

O you who believe! Enter not the Prophet's houses, except when leave is given to you for a meal, (and then) not (so early as) to wait for its preparation. But when you are invited, enter, and when you have taken your meal, disperse, without sitting for a talk. Verily, such (behaviour) annoys the Prophet, and he is shy of (asking) you (to go), but Allah is not shy of (telling you) the truth.

It seems to me that the people simply weren't getting the message in the first instance, and so Muhammad conjured up a revelation so that they would finally listen to him, and no longer 'irritate him'.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Gandalf, please explain this verse?
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 6:25pm

Short answer Auggie, I don't know.

The longer answer is I always reject any interpretation of a Quranic verse that insists it is relatable only to an obscure 7th century, and not relatable to all of human kind for all time.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 6:32pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 6:25pm:

The longer answer is I always reject any interpretation of a Quranic verse that insists it is relatable only to an obscure 7th century, and not relatable to all of human kind for all time.

So, you don't know, but you know that it has some universal meaning?

What universal meaning is to be inferred from the foregoing verse?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 6:33pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 6:25pm:

Do you think that's maybe because the Quran isn't actually the Word of God?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:00pm

Auggie wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 6:33pm:

Geez Auggie, what response did you really expect from that question  Roll Eyes

You know, for someone who tries pretty hard to present this persona of a reasonable and tolerant person - you do come across as a bit of a vindictive dick sometimes. Just sayyin.

And I thought you just announced you were leaving this forum forever. What happened with that?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:05pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:00pm:
Auggie wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 6:33pm:

Geez Auggie, what response did you really expect from that question  Roll Eyes

You know, for someone who tries pretty hard to present this persona of a reasonable and tolerant person - you do come across as a bit of a vindictive dick sometimes. Just sayyin.

And I thought you just announced you were leaving this forum forever. What happened with that?

I can't argue with that.

Now, shall we get back to the issue.

Do you think that an immortal tablet from heaven should contain a verse detailing the minutiae of a person's life?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:06pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:00pm:

Did you ever really believe that a vindictive dick like me would actually honour my own word?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 8:33pm

Gandalf, shall I interpret your personal attack as evidence that Islam is not a very tolerant religion, and does not really promote criticism of the religion?

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #8 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 12:35pm

Auggie wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 5:39pm:
Gandalf, please explain why God would fill an immortal tablet from heaven with commandments about how to treat the Prophet in the his home, and how to treat his wives? Considering that Muhammad is the supposed narrator of God's word.

Consider verse 33:53:

O you who believe! Enter not the Prophet's houses, except when leave is given to you for a meal, (and then) not (so early as) to wait for its preparation. But when you are invited, enter, and when you have taken your meal, disperse, without sitting for a talk. Verily, such (behaviour) annoys the Prophet, and he is shy of (asking) you (to go), but Allah is not shy of (telling you) the truth.

It seems to me that the people simply weren't getting the message in the first instance, and so Muhammad conjured up a revelation so that they would finally listen to him, and no longer 'irritate him'.

That is blasphemy, punishable by imprisonment of death in Pakistan, Saud, and Indonesia to name a few. And if you are unaware, Gandalf claims Australia is part of that gang because Muzlims live here.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 2:29pm

Allah created people so they could worship him, what a ego tripper

Quote:
Allah speaking-
And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
https://quran.com/51/56

This Allah sounds like a real sadist, if you don't worship him he will burn your skin off in the hellfire then replace it so he can burn it off again.

Quote:
Allah speaking-

Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses - We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.

https://quran.com/4/56

Why would anyone worship a sadist like Allah?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 2:43pm

For a truckload of aliens with big tits and a swag of little boys maybe?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 2:55pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 10th, 2018 at 2:29pm:
Why would anyone worship a sadist like Allah?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Why would anybody worship a sadist like Yahweh?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 4:16pm

Today 2018 right now:

The Y.H.W.H. worshipers are quietly minding their own business in their promised land.

Then there are the people who worship Y.H.W.H. through a messiah, also just getting on with their lives.

Sadly we then have the allah worshipers who are the worlds greatest terror threat, the spawning grounds of the allah worshipers is nothing but a pile of rubble, they are backward, poverty is rampant, daily slaughter of other allah worshipers is a constant, daily slaughter of non allah worshipers is rampant, allah worshipers are an almost insurmountable refugee problem for the hated kufirs, as the allah worshipers flee around the globe demanding that the hated kufirs feed and shelter them, allah worshipers are constantly putting little children in mortal danger, both their own and the children of the hated kufirs.

Now it's the 21st century and the allah worshipers are nothing but trouble to both themselves and the hated kufir.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 8:22am

Auggie wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 8:33pm:
Gandalf, shall I interpret your personal attack as evidence that Islam is not a very tolerant religion, and does not really promote criticism of the religion?

At the risk of being semantic, I did choose my words carefully - I didn't say you are a vindictive dick I said you come across as a vindictive dick. There is a difference, and it was very deliberate.

But if I caused offense then I apologise. Honestly though, its pretty clear to me that you've been desperately searching for ways that you can blame Islam ever since you arrived - and I think you are just using this forum for some good ol' confirmation bias - carefully packaged as some faux objective and reasonable voice.

And for the record, I have been an absolute shining beacon of tolerance on this forum. I endure actual personal attacks literally on a daily basis. Not to mention open calls to have myself as well as my family deported and/or locked up. I have not once, in my powers as moderator, deleted any of the regular barrage of offensive comments about Islam and muslims. Not once. Nor have I ever stooped to my attackers level and engaged in any of the sorts of ad-hominems that they engage in. If I ever become a little tetchy, then no one could possibly say I haven't been provoked.

So yeah, you'll forgive me if I duly give the idea that its me, as the resident symbol of Islam, who is the intolerant one - the rolled eyes treatment -  Roll Eyes, as well as Brian's trademarked 'tsk tsk'.
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2018 at 8:34am by polite_gandalf »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 12:42pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 12th, 2018 at 8:22am:

At the risk of being semantic, I did choose my words carefully - I didn't say you are a vindictive dick I said you come across as a vindictive dick. There is a difference, and it was very deliberate.

But if I caused offense then I apologise. Honestly though, its pretty clear to me that you've been desperately searching for ways that you can blame Islam ever since you arrived - and I think you are just using this forum for some good ol' confirmation bias - carefully packaged as some faux objective and reasonable voice.

And for the record, I have been an absolute shining beacon of tolerance on this forum. I endure actual personal attacks literally on a daily basis. Not to mention open calls to have myself as well as my family deported and/or locked up. I have not once, in my powers as moderator, deleted any of the regular barrage of offensive comments about Islam and muslims. Not once. Nor have I ever stooped to my attackers level and engaged in any of the sorts of ad-hominems that they engage in. If I ever become a little tetchy, then no one could possibly say I haven't been provoked.

So yeah, you'll forgive me if I duly give the idea that its me, as the resident symbol of Islam, who is the intolerant one - the rolled eyes treatment -  Roll Eyes, as well as Brian's trademarked 'tsk tsk'.

That's taqiyya, G. You're just waiting for Whitey to drop his guard, and then, when he least expects it, you'll let him have it.

Bans, censorship, selective editing, you name it.

Yes, you might be quiet now, but as soon as your imam gives the order, you'll be forced to take away our Freeeedom.

That's the Moslem for you. Cunning.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 2:37pm

islam is riddled with problems.

1400 years of islam has produced:

Massive inbreeding among Muslims has been going on since their prophet allowed first-cousin marriages more than 50 generations (1,400 years) ago. For many Muslims, therefore, intermarriage is regarded as being part of their religion.

Today, 70% of all Pakistanis are inbred and in Turkey the amount is between 25-30%

A rough estimate reveals that close to half of everybody living in the Arab world is inbred.

A BBC investigation in Britain several years ago revealed that at least 55% of the Pakistani community in Britain was married to a first cousin.

The Times of India affirmed that “this is thought to be linked to the probability that a British Pakistani family is at least 13 times more likely than the general population to have children with recessive genetic disorders.”

The BBC’s research also discovered that while British Pakistanis accounted for just 3.4% of all births in Britain, they accounted for 30% of all British children with recessive disorders and a higher rate of infant mortality.

One study comparing Norwegians and Pakistanis shows the risk that the child dies during labour increases by 50%. The risk of death due to autosomal recessive disorders — e.g., cystic fibrosis and spinal muscular atrophy — is 18 times higher.

Risk of death due to malformations is 10 times higher. Mental health is also at risk: the probability of depression is higher in communities where consanguine marriages are also high.

The closer the blood relative, the higher the risk of mental and physical retardation and schizophrenic illness.

And then there are the findings on intelligence. Research shows that if one’s parents are cousins, intelligence goes down 10-16 IQ points. The risk of having an IQ lower than 70 (criterion for being “retarded”) increases 400% among children from cousin marriages.

It is estimated that one third of all handicapped people in Copenhagen have a foreign background and 64% of school children in Denmark with Arabic parents are illiterate after 10 years in the Danish school system.

More than half of all children in schools for children with mental and physical handicaps in Copenhagen are foreigners — of whom Muslims are by far the largest group.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 2:59pm

He was such a lovely boy, we just don't know why he was *radicalized*.

I think the symbol is, ffs they don't know why he was a jihadist.

Mental retardation, schizophrenic, physical retardation a book that has a majority theme of: non muslims are hated by allah and his believers, that the highest grade of muslims are those who slay and are slain, they are guaranteed a place in allahs' brothel in the sky.

This book is revered and quoted by muslims as the pinnacle of all understanding.

--------aaaaand they are so stupid they don't know why he become a jihadist.

Or are they lying?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #17 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 5:35pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 12th, 2018 at 8:22am:

You can think about whatever you want about me or my personal thoughts.

I don't support any infringement of rights against Muslims. My view is that Islam is inherently a violent and militant ideology. That doesn't mean that all Muslims support or BELIEVE that Islam is a violent and militant ideology.

There are two views on religion on belief:

1) What the religion teaches (objective)

2) What its followers believe about the religion (subjective)

What you believe about Islam might not correspond with what Islam teaches.

EDIT: Gandalf, I still cannot simply comprehend why you would choose Islam as your religion. There are so many better religions out there that teach more original values than Islam (and no, not Christianity).

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #18 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 7:33am

Auggie wrote on Nov 12th, 2018 at 5:35pm:

No, 1. does not exist. There literally is no 'objective' truth to religion, it simply does not exist outside the interpretations and beliefs of its followers. Religion is *ENTIRELY* subjective. How could it possibly be anything else? This of course is the fundamental problem most Islamic critics like yourself have. Its the Ayan Hirsi approach, an entirely condascending and rather arrogant approach where you pat 'good' muslims on the head and say 'oh thats nice dear, that you believe Islam is peaceful - you are of course 100% wrong though - but its the thought that counts'.

EDIT: Gandalf, I still cannot simply comprehend why you would choose Islam as your religion.

Its simple Auggie. From your point of view, I *DON'T* choose Islam as my religion - that is, the inherently violent and intolerant version that you insist Islam is. Call me a non-muslim if it makes you feel better.

Quote:

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #19 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 5:42pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 7:33am:
No, 1. does not exist. There literally is no 'objective' truth to religion, it simply does not exist outside the interpretations and beliefs of its followers. Religion is *ENTIRELY* subjective

This isn't what you've said before. You've conceded to me once that 'there is only so much you can stretch' in the Quran. I can't remember the exact context and details, but the implication was that there wasn't 'anything goes approach' in Islam.

You say that religion is entirely subjective, yet you adhere to some of the objective tenets of Islam, such as the fact that the Quran is the absolute, eternal Word of God.

So, I conclude that you are entirely incorrect.

Its the Ayan Hirsi approach, an entirely condascending and rather arrogant approach where you pat 'good' muslims on the head and say 'oh thats nice dear, that you believe Islam is peaceful - you are of course 100% wrong though - but its the thought that counts'.

So, if a person was a follower of Nazism as a religion, and believed that Hitler was a Prophet of God, and insisted that Nazism was a 'religion of peace', you should then, by your own logic, completely accept that 'subjective' view of Nazism and treat that person as you would any other person. After all, it's all subjective, isn't it.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #20 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 5:44pm

Its simple Auggie. From your point of view, I *DON'T* choose Islam as my religion - that is, the inherently violent and intolerant version that you insist Islam is. Call me a non-muslim if it makes you feel better.

Ok, let me rephrase the question:

"Why did you choose to identify yourself as a Muslim?"

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 7:46pm

Auggie wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 5:42pm:
No, 1. does not exist. There literally is no 'objective' truth to religion, it simply does not exist outside the interpretations and beliefs of its followers. Religion is *ENTIRELY* subjective

This isn't what you've said before. You've conceded to me once that 'there is only so much you can stretch' in the Quran. I can't remember the exact context and details, but the implication was that there wasn't 'anything goes approach' in Islam.

You say that religion is entirely subjective, yet you adhere to some of the objective tenets of Islam, such as the fact that the Quran is the absolute, eternal Word of God.

Its the Ayan Hirsi approach, an entirely condascending and rather arrogant approach where you pat 'good' muslims on the head and say 'oh thats nice dear, that you believe Islam is peaceful - you are of course 100% wrong though - but its the thought that counts'.

So, if a person was a follower of Nazism as a religion, and believed that Hitler was a Prophet of God, and insisted that Nazism was a 'religion of peace', you should then, by your own logic, completely accept that 'subjective' view of Nazism and treat that person as you would any other person. After all, it's all subjective, isn't it.

FD? Is that you, dear?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #22 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 8:56pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 7:46pm:

FD? Is that you, dear?

I'm afraid that FD has actually copied my ideas, not the other way around. FD started bringing up 'Hitler as Prophet' only after I started talking about it.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 9:07pm

No, 1. does not exist. There literally is no 'objective' truth to religion, it simply does not exist outside the interpretations and beliefs of its followers. Religion is *ENTIRELY* subjective. How could it possibly be anything else? This of course is the fundamental problem most Islamic critics like yourself have. Its the Ayan Hirsi approach, an entirely condascending and rather arrogant approach where you pat 'good' muslims on the head and say 'oh thats nice dear, that you believe Islam is peaceful - you are of course 100% wrong though - but its the thought that counts'.

From your point of view, I *DON'T* choose Islam as my religion - that is, the inherently violent and intolerant version that you insist Islam is. Call me a non-muslim if it makes you feel better.

SO the Koran is not the eternal, unchangeable word of Allah???  Mohammed is not really the final messenger because the message is what you make of it, man, and it's all subjective, m'kay.  It's all 'whatever's your bag, man' in Islam?? When did this happen?

Is that the sunni or the shia doctrine or some other fringe  ideology that is likely to get you killed for apos-tootsy if you uttered it in Auburn or Lakemba, Riyadh or the Saudi Embassy in Istambul....?

Jihad and Islam's apostasy laws do not seem to support your lies about Islam being 'entirely subjective' .  Why do you think you can hazard such blatant lies?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 9:19pm

Auggie wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 8:56pm:

FD? Is that you, dear?

I'm afraid that FD has actually copied my ideas, not the other way around. FD started bringing up 'Hitler as Prophet' only after I started talking about it.

Really? Do you know what you are, Augie?

You're a trailblazer, an agent of change.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #25 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 9:28pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 9:19pm:

FD? Is that you, dear?

Now now, K. I’m sorry if I’ve offended. I’m merely trying to make a point by using an extreme eg.

I don’t dislike Muslims or even care about them. I just think their religion is intolerant and violent.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 12:08am

Auggie wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 9:28pm:

FD? Is that you, dear?

Now now, K. I’m sorry if I’ve offended. I’m merely trying to make a point by using an extreme eg.

I don’t dislike Muslims or even care about them. I just think their religion is intolerant and violent.

I don't think you've had any experience with it, Auggie - outside Moses, FD and Y's posts, of course.

You?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #27 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 9:33am

No, those contentions of mine are my subjective beliefs. When I claim to 'adhere to some of the objective tenets of Islam' - thats me being entirely subjective on what constitutes 'objective tenets'. Thus the claim that you made that what you believe about Islam might not correspond with what Islam teaches makes no sense - since "what Islam teaches" is entirely in the eye of the beholder, and cannot possibly be seen as some "objective truth". And the same goes for any other religion. There simply cannot be any 'objective tenents' to religion, and its a particularly strange claim to be made about a religion by someone who isn't even a follower of that religion.

Quote:

Sure, why not. Surely the point though is that no one does. And this is the problem that FD never seems to get with his inane "Islam is no different to Nazis" meme - it completely dismisses what the reality actually is amongst both groups in the real world. Actual Nazis, probably 100% of them have no such beliefs about what their "religion" is. Unlike in Islam, where probably the majority actually do believe it is a religion of peace, or at the very least, not in any way an obstruction to peace and love and coexistence.

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #28 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 9:44am

One more thing on the Nazis...

get back to me when beliefs in peace, coexistence and rejection of violent racial superiority becomes mainstream amongst adherents of the Nazi "religion". Until then, the comparison with Islam cannot be valid. However much you point to violent intolerance in Islamic text, and however much you point at violent intolerant muslims, you will never demonstrate that the actual worldwide muslim community is even in the same ballpark as the worldwide Nazi community - in terms of a violent and intolerant ideology being the dominant belief amongst its adherents.

Quote:

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #29 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 5:18pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 9:33am:
No, those contentions of mine are my subjective beliefs. When I claim to 'adhere to some of the objective tenets of Islam' - thats me being entirely subjective on what constitutes 'objective tenets'. Thus the claim that you made that what you believe about Islam might not correspond with what Islam teaches makes no sense - since "what Islam teaches" is entirely in the eye of the beholder, and cannot possibly be seen as some "objective truth". And the same goes for any other religion. There simply cannot be any 'objective tenents' to religion, and its a particularly strange claim to be made about a religion by someone who isn't even a follower of that religion.

So, I could very well declare myself to be a Muslim this evening, whilst believing Jesus is the Son of God and that Muhammad was a false Prophet, and you'd be more than happy to call me a Muslim and to accept my beliefs as a Muslim??

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 9:44am:
One more thing on the Nazis...

get back to me when beliefs in peace, coexistence and rejection of violent racial superiority becomes mainstream amongst adherents of the Nazi "religion". Until then, the comparison with Islam cannot be valid. However much you point to violent intolerance in Islamic text, and however much you point at violent intolerant muslims, you will never demonstrate that the actual worldwide muslim community is even in the same ballpark as the worldwide Nazi community - in terms of a violent and intolerant ideology being the dominant belief amongst its adherents.

A lot Muslims around the world hold extremist beliefs, so the comparison isn't far off. Second, most Nazis are generally racial superiorists and don't support violence or expansionism.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #30 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 5:19pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 12:08am:

FD? Is that you, dear?

I don't think you've had any experience with it, Auggie - outside Moses, FD and Y's posts, of course.

You?

What do you mean by experience? Having Muslim friends? Apparently, everyone has those. Dating a Muslim? Having family as Muslims? Being Muslim?

What experience are you referring to?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #31 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 6:31pm

Auggie wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 5:18pm:
So, I could very well declare myself to be a Muslim this evening, whilst believing Jesus is the Son of God and that Muhammad was a false Prophet, and you'd be more than happy to call me a Muslim and to accept my beliefs as a Muslim??

who am I to say otherwise? I used to insist that jihadi terrorists should not be called 'muslims' given how far off their beliefs are from what I consider to be "Islamic". I was of course strongly rebuffed by the usual suspects who correctly (for once) pointed out that I had no right to dictate to them that their personal beliefs that they are muslim was wrong. I saw the error of my ways and no longer make such judgements.

Auggie wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 5:18pm:
A lot Muslims around the world hold extremist beliefs, so the comparison isn't far off. Second, most Nazis are generally racial superiorists and don't support violence or expansionism.

1. it is far off - simply in terms of proportions. 100% of nazis hold what any reasonable person would consider "extremist beliefs". Otherwise they wouldn't be nazis. Nowhere near 100% of muslims hold any beliefs that are even remotely comparably extremist. Not even half of them. And if they were anywhere near comparable to nazis in this regard, given there are nearly 2 billion of them, there would basically be an erruption of worldwide violence that would make WWII seem like a sunday school picnic, and which would inevitably see the erradication of the entire muslim population (through self preservation)

2. While no expert on modern Nazi philosophy, I seriously doubt that is true. I don't believe its possible to identify as a nazi and not advocate/support violence or expansionism. You're basically just talking about run of the mill racists - who I agree are predominantly non-violent. Nazis though are a whole different breed, and with an extremely sinister agenda.

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #32 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 6:37pm

Auggie wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 5:19pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 12:08am:

FD? Is that you, dear?

You?

What do you mean by experience? Having Muslim friends? Apparently, everyone has those. Dating a Muslim? Having family as Muslims? Being Muslim?

What experience are you referring to?

Well do you know any muslim personally? It might be a good start. Though given your bizarre attempt to separate some 'objective truth' of Islamic teachings and what muslims themselves subjectively take out of those teachings - you'll probably make an argument like 'it doesn't matter that many muslims believe Islam is peaceful - the truth is its (objectively) not'. I feel like this line of attack is just a little too convenient that foolproofs your 'blame Islam' meme.

Quote:

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #33 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:05pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 6:31pm:
who am I to say otherwise?

Ok, well, in that case, I'll begin to identify myself as a Muslim on this Forum.

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 6:37pm:
Well do you know any muslim personally?

I know quite a few Muslims personally. I have no issue with them.

Doesn't mean that Islam is a religion of peace. And you might find it convenient. I don't. I am able to separate ideology from adherents; I don't know why you can't??

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #34 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:23pm

Auggie wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:05pm:
I am able to separate ideology from adherents; I don't know why you can't??

lets start with 'what is a given ideology and who gets to decide'?

Quote:

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #35 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:28pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:23pm:
Auggie wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:05pm:
I am able to separate ideology from adherents; I don't know why you can't??

lets start with 'what is a given ideology and who gets to decide'?

Isn't that the point I've been trying to make? Religion is about certain 'objective' truths (whether they are actually objective or objective from the point that most adherents believe them)?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #36 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:37pm

lets try another one then: what is 'ideology' when separated from its adherents?

I contend that in that situation ideology cannot exist.

Quote:

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #37 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:39pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:37pm:
lets try another one then: what is 'ideology' when separated from its adherents?

a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:39pm

The word is righteousness, adherents are of corrupt flesh etc.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #39 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:48pm

Auggie wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:39pm:

a system of ideas and ideals

conjured up by who? Some magic entity that is entirely objective?

Quote:

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #40 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:50pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:48pm:

Allah? You do believe in Allah don't you?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #41 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:07am

Auggie wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:50pm:

You don't Auggie, thats the point. You're the one saying there can somehow be some 'objective' Quranic teaching. Yet you can't explain how its possible.

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 2:38pm

Auggie should ask allahs' three daughters who muhammad saw somewhere near the lote tree (quran 53: 11-20).

Oh but that's right, the devil snuck those verses into the qur'an when allah wasn't looking, so it's back to square one I guess.

If only muhammad had stuck with his pre-islam allah and his daughters, just think how different the world would have been today.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #43 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 2:53pm

have you even read those ayats moses?

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 3:12pm

Yes gandi.

53:11 The heart did not lie [about] what it saw.

53:12 So will you dispute with him over what he saw?

53:13 And he certainly saw him in another descent

53:14 At the Lote Tree of the Utmost Boundary -

53:15 Near it is the Garden of Refuge -

53:16 When there covered the Lote Tree that which covered [it].

53:17 The sight [of the Prophet] did not swerve, nor did it transgress [its limit].

53:18 He certainly saw of the greatest signs of his Lord.

53.19: So have you considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza?

53.20: And Manat, the third - the other one?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #45 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 3:23pm

keep going moses, the surah doesn't end there.

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 4:02pm

Here's the background to the saga of the satanic verses gandi.

It is mentioned in some Hadis/Hadith that the current verse in question was changed by Prophet by citing a revelation by God that indeed Satan himself tricked Muhammad bin Abdullah into saying the verse wrongfully i.e. the original verse told the Meccans that worshiping Al-Lat (female consort of Al-Lah) along with daughters of Al-Lah: Al-Uzza and Mannat was allowed.

The background that why this verse was recited was because after a long debate one day during a congregation of Meccans the Prophet was unable to convince them to stop worshiping their current Gods totalling 365 in number whose idols were inside the Kabbah (inside the kabbah there were other idols too like chief deities of various Arabian tribes ). In the end a middle path was chosen and it was decided that all the other Gods were false except the Supreme God i.e. Al-Lah and his family. It is said that this compromise was sealed by the revelation from God through the arch angle Gibreel which is now known as Satanic Verses.

Later Muhammad realized his mistake as it compromises with the monotheistic principles of Islam and thus rectified this Surah with another one i.e. the current one which says it is not permitted to worship these goddesses.

So there we have it the original pre-islam allah had a family, they were originally included then muhammad realized his mistake as they compromised the monotheistic deity hypothesis.

There's no doubt that the islam - allah is just a revamped pagan moon god allah.

The sad thing is that because muhammad lied and said that Christians were allocating partners to allah, instead of truthfully saying that Christians say that Christ is the son of Elohim / Y.H.W.H. / I AM, in the last 1400 years millions of Christians have been subjected to unspeakable human rights atrocities by muslims.

The same thing applies to uncountable number of Jews and all the various other religious groups, who have been raped tortured and murdered because muhammad decided to call his moon god allah the supreme monotheistic deity.

Nothing good has come out of muhammads reinventing his pagan allah.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #47 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 6:15pm

moses you started this little tangent clearly implying that the incriminating evidence that the pagan Allah who had daughters was incorporated into Islam - was in the Quran. You tried to prove this by quoting the relevant surah - but without the actual relevant ayat. The actual Quran verse, in fact, is learly admonishing people who believe that Allah has daughters - if you had bothered to actually read up to ayat 23.

So basically, the verse in question is the exact opposite of what you originally charged it with (that Allah has daughters).

And it turns out that the incriminating "evidence" to the charge that Muhammad brought this pagan folklore into the Quran wasn't in the Quran at all - but apparently in some hadith.

So moses, at the very least will you admit that you were wrong to claim that Muhammad "snuck those verses" that promoted the Allah's daughters folklore into the Quran, and concede that in fact those Quranic verses were actually refuting that folklore?

Quote:

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #48 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 6:44pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:07am:

You don't Auggie, thats the point. You're the one saying there can somehow be some 'objective' Quranic teaching. Yet you can't explain how its possible.

Because according to Islam, Allah gave those commandments. It doesn't matter what I personally believe; it matters what the religion teaches.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 6:48pm

moses wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
Here's the background to the saga of the satanic verses gandi.

It is mentioned in some Hadis/Hadith that the current verse in question was changed by Prophet by citing a revelation by God that indeed Satan himself tricked Muhammad bin Abdullah into saying the verse wrongfully i.e. the original verse told the Meccans that worshiping Al-Lat (female consort of Al-Lah) along with daughters of Al-Lah: Al-Uzza and Mannat was allowed.

The background that why this verse was recited was because after a long debate one day during a congregation of Meccans the Prophet was unable to convince them to stop worshiping their current Gods totalling 365 in number whose idols were inside the Kabbah (inside the kabbah there were other idols too like chief deities of various Arabian tribes ). In the end a middle path was chosen and it was decided that all the other Gods were false except the Supreme God i.e. Al-Lah and his family. It is said that this compromise was sealed by the revelation from God through the arch angle Gibreel which is now known as Satanic Verses.

Later Muhammad realized his mistake as it compromises with the monotheistic principles of Islam and thus rectified this Surah with another one i.e. the current one which says it is not permitted to worship these goddesses.

So there we have it the original pre-islam allah had a family, they were originally included then muhammad realized his mistake as they compromised the monotheistic deity hypothesis.

There's no doubt that the islam - allah is just a revamped pagan moon god allah.

The sad thing is that because muhammad lied and said that Christians were allocating partners to allah, instead of truthfully saying that Christians say that Christ is the son of Elohim / Y.H.W.H. / I AM, in the last 1400 years millions of Christians have been subjected to unspeakable human rights atrocities by muslims.

The same thing applies to uncountable number of Jews and all the various other religious groups, who have been raped tortured and murdered because muhammad decided to call his moon god allah the supreme monotheistic deity.

Nothing good has come out of muhammads reinventing his pagan allah.

Elohim is plural, if you had have left it at El, the supreme Canaanite god, it would have been better.

El_(deity)
Elohim

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #50 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:13pm

Auggie wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 6:44pm:

Because according to Islam, Allah gave those commandments. It doesn't matter what I personally believe; it matters what the religion teaches.

I'm not talking about according to Islam, Auggie, I'm talking about according to Auggie. And this is what you said:

You insist, somehow, that "what the religion teaches" is somehow objectively separate to "what its followers believe about the religion" - as expressed in your last sentence above. You then followed up this statement by talking about "objective tenets of Islam" - again presumably somehow separate to "what its followers believe". Thats what you "personally believe" - and yes it matters if you are at all interested in having a coherent argument.

And I contend its complete nonsense, as I don't believe there can be anything "objective" about religion, because it literally cannot exist outside the subjective human domain. How can it possibly be otherwise? "what the religion teaches" can only come from the interpretations and beliefs of other humans, and is therefore inescapably subjective.

Quote:

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:34pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:13pm:

I'm not talking about according to Islam, Auggie, I'm talking about according to Auggie. And this is what you said:

You insist, somehow, that "what the religion teaches" is somehow objectively separate to "what its followers believe about the religion" - as expressed in your last sentence above. You then followed up this statement by talking about "objective tenets of Islam" - again presumably somehow separate to "what its followers believe". Thats what you "personally believe" - and yes it matters if you are at all interested in having a coherent argument.

And I contend its complete nonsense, as I don't believe there can be anything "objective" about religion, because it literally cannot exist outside the subjective human domain. How can it possibly be otherwise? "what the religion teaches" can only come from the interpretations and beliefs of other humans, and is therefore inescapably subjective.

You can read their scriptures objectively. The book is an object that can be read. Subjectively people may take what it says differently, putting their own "interpretation" onto it, preferring to not be objective about it's contents. Since I'm not a follower of Christ or Allah, I can only see the books objectively as what is written.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:08pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:34pm:

You can read their scriptures objectively. The book is an object that can be read. Subjectively people may take what it says differently, putting their own "interpretation" onto it, preferring to not be objective about it's contents. Since I'm not a follower of Christ or Allah, I can only see the books objectively as what is written.

Why do you need to interpret it when the Quran says it's clear?

And We have sent down to you the Book as clarification for all things and as guidance and mercy and good tidings for the Muslims.-https://quran.com/16/89

[This is] a Book whose verses are perfected and then presented in detail from [one who is] Wise and Acquainted-https://quran.com/11/1

"Then is it other than Allah I should seek as judge while it is He who has revealed to you the Book explained in detail?" [highlight]And those to whom We [previously] gave the Scripture know that it is sent down from your Lord in truth, so never be among the doubters.-https://quran.com/6/114

[highlight]And We have sent down to you the Book as clarification for all things and as guidance and mercy and good tidings for the Muslims.
-https://quran.com/16/89

A Book whose verses have been detailed, an Arabic Qur'an for a people who know,-https://quran.com/41/3

This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah - https://quran.com/2/2

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:25pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:08pm:

And We have sent down to you the Book as clarification for all things and as guidance and mercy and good tidings for the Muslims.-https://quran.com/16/89

[This is] a Book whose verses are perfected and then presented in detail from [one who is] Wise and Acquainted-https://quran.com/11/1

"Then is it other than Allah I should seek as judge while it is He who has revealed to you the Book explained in detail?" [highlight]And those to whom We [previously] gave the Scripture know that it is sent down from your Lord in truth, so never be among the doubters.-https://quran.com/6/114

[highlight]And We have sent down to you the Book as clarification for all things and as guidance and mercy and good tidings for the Muslims.

A Book whose verses have been detailed, an Arabic Qur'an for a people who know,-https://quran.com/41/3

This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah - https://quran.com/2/2

I don't need to interpret it, I have no need to "find the good" in Christianity, Judaism or Islam as I'm not a follower of any of them. I can read what they say, I have no need to justify a belief I do not hold. The followers of these religions do the justification, the subjectivity, not me. They are all a pox on the mind of man as far as I'm concerned. Sure, they are not all equal in poxiness as some have been allowed to evolve in their followers "interpretation" of their book and that is why we have so many denominations of Christianity today, 1000's of them, it's still just bullshit but it has allowed itself to excise the worst in most cases.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #54 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:33pm

Would you say that belief in Muhammad as a Prophet is an objective tenet of Islam? That most Muslims would argue that one is not a Muslim is they don't believe that Muhammad was a Prophet?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:46pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:25pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:08pm:

I don't need to interpret it, I have no need to "find the good" in Christianity, Judaism or Islam as I'm not a follower of any of them. I can read what they say, I have no need to justify a belief I do not hold. The followers of these religions do the justification, the subjectivity, not me. They are all a pox on the mind of man as far as I'm concerned. Sure, they are not all equal in poxiness as some have been allowed to evolve in their followers "interpretation" of their book and that is why we have so many denominations of Christianity today, 1000's of them, it's still just bullshit but it has allowed itself to excise the worst in most cases.

All religions are bullshit, Islam is bullshit barfed up by a 7th century desert bandit

All muslims follow the Quran where the doctrinal differences occur is in the Sunnah which was created a couple of hundred years after the Quran.

The Sunni side follow Bukhari/Muslim/Abu Dawud/Etc while the Shia reject them they have their own called Al Kafi which the Sunni claim is unreliable.

Then you have Quran only muslims who reject all ahadith (sunnah), these are possibly the most reasonable of all muslims.

The truth is the best weapon against bullshit beliefs.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:46pm

Auggie wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:33pm:

Would you say that belief in Muhammad as a Prophet is an objective tenet of Islam? That most Muslims would argue that one is not a Muslim is they don't believe that Muhammad was a Prophet?

One could be a Baha'i if one didn't believe that Mo was the last prophet. Baha'i would be a step up from Islam even though it's root is in Shia Islam.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #57 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 7:59am

I fundamentally disagree. Everyone who reads anything will read it through the prism of their own personality, experiences and personal biases - no matter how straightforwardly 'objective' it may seem.

Mostly this is an academic point which doesn't really matter in most cases. While what I say above is still true for reading even the most absurdly simple statements like "this is a book" - of course in this case it doesn't really make any meaningful difference from person to person. However it is important when talking about something far more complicated like, what Auggie said "what the Quran teaches". The idea that someone can "objectively" read the Quran is bad enough, but to go further and claim that you can somehow "objectively" garner "what the Quran teaches" is just absurd IMO.

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #58 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 8:12am

The second question - obviously yes. The first question, no. You seem to be stuck in some circular argument where you refuse to accept or understand that I don't accept the premise of your arguments. Can you actually understand the fundamental contradiction between statements containing the phrase "belief in" and statements containing the phrase "objective tenet"?

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 2:56pm

gandalf  wrote: Reply #47 - Yesterday at 6:15pm Quote:
moses you started this little tangent clearly implying that the incriminating evidence that the pagan Allah who had daughters was incorporated into Islam - was in the Quran. You tried to prove this by quoting the relevant surah - but without the actual relevant ayat. The actual Quran verse, in fact, is learly admonishing people who believe that Allah has daughters - if you had bothered to actually read up to ayat 23.

So basically, the verse in question is the exact opposite of what you originally charged it with (that Allah has daughters).

And it turns out that the incriminating "evidence" to the charge that Muhammad brought this pagan folklore into the Quran wasn't in the Quran at all - but apparently in some hadith.

So moses, at the very least will you admit that you were wrong to claim that Muhammad "snuck those verses" that promoted the Allah's daughters folklore into the Quran, and concede that in fact those Quranic verses were actually refuting that folklore?

Gandi,my point has always been that islamic allah is a reinvented pagan Arabian moon god.

Pre-islam allah was the main god of the pagan Arabian tribes, pre-islam allah had three daughters.

They are mentioned in the qur'an.

Why are they in there?

Why does muhammad have to tell muslims to stop worshipping the pre-islam daughters of allah?

The fact is that the allah of islam is a reinvented pagan moon god.

muhammad lied when he pushed the line that allah was the god of the Hebrews and Christians.

The deplorable thing is that because of muhammads deliberate lies, millions of Jews and Christians have been subjected to unspeakable human rights atrocities by muslims in the last millennia and a half.

The reason al-Lat al-'Uzza and Manat, are in the qur'an today is because muhammad had to reinvent moon god allah, as a monotheistic god who no longer had three daughters. 

« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2018 at 3:06pm by moses »  

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #60 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 8:44pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 8:12am:

The second question - obviously yes. The first question, no. You seem to be stuck in some circular argument where you refuse to accept or understand that I don't accept the premise of your arguments. Can you actually understand the fundamental contradiction between statements containing the phrase "belief in" and statements containing the phrase "objective tenet"?

So, what is objectivity? If 90% of adherents believe in something is that considered to be 'as objective as possible'? Or is just 'collective subjectivity'?

Most Muslims would not accept that a Muslim who doesn't believe in Muhammad is not a Muslim. This is objective to the point that the overwhelming majority of adherents of the Islamic faith believe these tenets.

When I used the term objectivity, what I mean to say is that there are certain beliefs that the majority of adherents would agree are the fundamentals and the basics.

When talking about Christians, there's no point in talking about Christians who don't believe that Jesus is the Son of God because they don't believe what the majority of Christians not only believe about Jesus but also what they believe Christianity is.

Most religious adherents, yourself included, would consider scripture to be absolute truth and fact. I'm not a religious person; I'm not bound by 'collective subjective' tenets about certain religions; you are.

So, if the word objectivity doesn't sit well with you, let's use the term 'collectively subjective' beliefs - to the extend that they are so subjective that are almost objective in nature.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 1:06pm

Auggie wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 8:44pm:

So, what is objectivity? If 90% of adherents believe in something is that considered to be 'as objective as possible'? Or is just 'collective subjectivity'?

Most Muslims would not accept that a Muslim who doesn't believe in Muhammad is not a Muslim. This is objective to the point that the overwhelming majority of adherents of the Islamic faith believe these tenets.

I'm told that's the only Islamic tenet, Auggie. There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His prophet.

Even the 5 pillars are somewhat obligatory. Don't fast if you're sick, don't do the Haj if you're disabled, etc. Quite a few Muslims drink too.

There is nothing in Islam that says its adherents must kill kuffars, as every Islamic schoolboy knows.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 1:57pm

Yeah every schoolboy knows that they just *misinterpreted* it, when they went out and slaughtered men women and children kufirs.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 3:10pm

moses wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 1:57pm:
Yeah every schoolboy knows that they just *misinterpreted* it, when they went out and slaughtered men women and children kufirs.

No, Moses, disobey it. There are quite a number of verses telling Muslims to leave the kuffars alone. There are certainly verses telling Muslims not to kill fellow Muslims. I imagine there's a verse somewhere about suicide too.

So how is a suicide bomber blowing up a Muslim school, hospital or wedding party obeying the words of the prophet?

You've read some of the verses, so I'm curious. How could anyone possibly misinterpret them?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 4:39pm

Quote:
So how is a suicide bomber blowing up a Muslim school, hospital or wedding party obeying the words of the prophet?

You've read some of the verses, so I'm curious. How could anyone possibly misinterpret them?

4.74: Let those that fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the cause of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward.

2:207. And of mankind is he who would sell himself, seeking the Pleasure of Allah. And Allah is full of Kindness to (His) slaves.

61:11.  That you believe in Allah and His Messenger, and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know!

qur'an 4.95: Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward.

9.111: Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.

Sell the life of this world for the other? Slay and be slain?

The suicide bomber is convinced that he is selling this life on earth for allahs' paradise (hour'is with big tits and little boys).

Didn't muhammad tell them that paradise is under the shadow of the sword, in order to get them to fight to the death?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 8:26pm

moses wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 4:39pm:
Quote:

4.74: Let those that fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the cause of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward.

2:207. And of mankind is he who would sell himself, seeking the Pleasure of Allah. And Allah is full of Kindness to (His) slaves.

61:11.  That you believe in Allah and His Messenger, and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know!

qur'an 4.95: Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward.

9.111: Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.

Sell the life of this world for the other? Slay and be slain?

The suicide bomber is convinced that he is selling this life on earth for allahs' paradise (hour'is with big tits and little boys).

Didn't muhammad tell them that paradise is under the shadow of the sword, in order to get them to fight to the death?

Well, you make a good point about the suicide - selling the life of this world is a good example. But can you say how killing innocents is justified?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 9:03pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 8:26pm:
But can you say how killing innocents is justified?

No kuffar is innocent. Slavery or death is their lot under iSlam.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 9:09pm

Frank wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 9:03pm:

Where does it say that, old boy? In the words of your prophetess, please explain?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 9:24pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 9:09pm:

Where does it say that, old boy? In the words of your prophetess, please explain?

"Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil: so fight ye against the friends of Satan" (Qur'an 4:76)

"Slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them captive, and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." (Qur'an 9:5).

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued" (Qur'an 9:29).

AND:
8:39
9:1-11
9:29
9:38-42,9:80-91
9:91
9:123
9:19-20, 57:10, 61:11
Sura 47:
47:20-23
47:25
48:29

Islam will always jizz ya, Paki.  You like. That's what brings you to it.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 10:42am

How do you translate killing armed enemies as killing kids and old people, old boy?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 3:53pm

Karnal wrote: Reply #65 - Yesterday at 8:26pm

Quote:
Well, you make a good point about the suicide - selling the life of this world is a good example. But can you say how killing innocents is justified?

The Christians who muhammad falsely accused of ascribing partners to allah, then subsequently being raped tortured and slaughtered in their millions over the last millennium and a half, are a prime example of innocent people being subjected to the most evil and appalling human rights atrocities by muslims as a doctrinal duty.

The exact same thing applies to any other people of whatever persuasion they may be, being subjugated to the atrocities plied by muslims to the kufir, all non believers are innocent.

Where does the qur'an say to be kind to the non-believer?

Infact it's the exact opposite, the qur'an first off says allah causes disbelief, then it says that disbelief is hateful to allah and muslims, plus it says corrupters and hypocrites are to be tortured and killed.

islam is nothing more than a pack of lies from start to finish, allah never was an Abrahamic God, he is a reinvented pagan Arabian moon god, nothing more nothing less.

Because of the lies and evil nature of allahs' creator muhammad, today muslims are the terrorists of the world, the refugees of the world demanding the kufir feed and shelter them, muslims are a threat and burden to all mankind.

World events right now bear out my words.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 4:11pm

moses wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 3:53pm:
Karnal wrote: Reply #65 - Yesterday at 8:26pm

Quote:

The Christians who muhammad falsely accused of ascribing partners to allah, then subsequently being raped tortured and slaughtered in their millions over the last millennium and a half, are a prime example of innocent people being subjected to the most evil and appalling human rights atrocities by muslims as a doctrinal duty.

The exact same thing applies to any other people of whatever persuasion they may be, being subjugated to the atrocities plied by muslims to the kufir, all non believers are innocent.

Where does the qur'an say to be kind to the non-believer?

Infact it's the exact opposite, the qur'an first off says allah causes disbelief, then it says that disbelief is hateful to allah and muslims, plus it says corrupters and hypocrites are to be tortured and killed.

islam is nothing more than a pack of lies from start to finish, allah never was an Abrahamic God, he is a reinvented pagan Arabian moon god, nothing more nothing less.

Because of the lies and evil nature of allahs' creator muhammad, today muslims are the terrorists of the world, the refugees of the world demanding the kufir feed and shelter them, muslims are a threat and burden to all mankind.

World events right now bear out my words.

Yes, but where does the Holy Quran tell Muslims to kill random believers?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 4:48pm

karnal wrote: Reply #71 - Today at 4:11pm

Quote:

A sample of the doctrine which motivates the highest grade of muslims:

qur'an 2.8: And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah and the Last Day," but they are not believers.

qur'an 2.10: In their hearts is disease, so Allah has increased their disease; and for them is a painful punishment because they [habitually] used to lie.

qur'an 2.11: And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers."

qur'an 2.12: Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not.

O.k. the above describes corrupters, then we have:

qur'an 4.88: What is [the matter] with you [that you are] two groups concerning the hypocrites, while Allah has made them fall back [into error and disbelief] for what they earned. Do you wish to guide those whom Allah has sent astray? And he whom Allah sends astray - never will you find for him a way [of guidance].

qur'an 4.89: They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah . But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper.

why are muslims of two minds concerning the hypocrite / corrupter, if they don't wake up seize and kill them

qur'an 5.33: Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,

another command to torture and kill people for corruption

qur'an 66.9: O Prophet, strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination.

muhammad backing up his desire to torture and slaughter people who can think for themselves

Torture and kill hypocrites and corrupters would definitely come under the heading of killing random believers yes?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 1:35pm

moses wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 4:48pm:
karnal wrote: Reply #71 - Today at 4:11pm

Quote:

A sample of the doctrine which motivates the highest grade of muslims:

qur'an 2.8: And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah and the Last Day," but they are not believers.

qur'an 2.10: In their hearts is disease, so Allah has increased their disease; and for them is a painful punishment because they [habitually] used to lie.

qur'an 2.11: And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers."

qur'an 2.12: Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not.

O.k. the above describes corrupters, then we have:

qur'an 4.88: What is [the matter] with you [that you are] two groups concerning the hypocrites, while Allah has made them fall back [into error and disbelief] for what they earned. Do you wish to guide those whom Allah has sent astray? And he whom Allah sends astray - never will you find for him a way [of guidance].

qur'an 4.89: They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah . But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper.

why are muslims of two minds concerning the hypocrite / corrupter, if they don't wake up seize and kill them

qur'an 5.33: Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,

another command to torture and kill people for corruption

qur'an 66.9: O Prophet, strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination.

muhammad backing up his desire to torture and slaughter people who can think for themselves

Torture and kill hypocrites and corrupters would definitely come under the heading of killing random believers yes?

I'll ask again, Moses.

Where does the Holy Quran encourage followers to kill their fellow believers?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 2:13pm

karnal wrote: Reply #73 - Today at 1:35pm
Quote:
Where does the Holy Quran encourage followers to kill their fellow believers?

You don't think the above are referring to muslims who muhammad was pissed off with because they weren't bloodthirsty enough for him?

qur'an 3.167: And that He might make evident those who are hypocrites. For it was said to them, "Come, fight in the way of Allah or [at least] defend." They said, "If we had known [there would be] fighting, we would have followed you." They were nearer to disbelief that day than to faith, saying with their mouths what was not in their hearts. And Allah is most Knowing of what they conceal.

Once again the qur'an is decrying the muslims who don't want to continually kill people they are hypocrites.

hypocrites are those muslims who didn't want to *come fight in the way of allah* muhammad hated the peaceful muslim

torture and slaughter the corrupter muslim or otherwise

here we have allah telling muhammad to strive against and be hash with hypocrites

So a hypocrite would be a muslim who another muslim thinks is not practicing islam correctly, well then the criticizing muslim has the authority to seize and kill them, or add the charge of corruption and you can torture them as well.

It's all happening right now in the birth place of islam, muslims torturing and slaughtering other muslims without the slightest hint of a conscience, because it's a sacred duty according to the qur'an.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 3:36pm

Moses, your quotes say non-believers.

Do you the translaters might have got it wrong?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 6:52pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 10:42am:
How do you translate killing armed enemies as killing kids and old people, old boy?

Oh? The police in Melbourne are no 'armed enemies', as are cafe owners coming to your aid as you clamber from a burning ute?  Convert going teemnage girls are armed enemies?

FITH disease is to be added to you many ailments and diseases, Paki.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 6:55pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 9:09pm:

A MAN whose home was raided over an alleged terror plot in Melbourne two years ago believes people who don’t sign a contract to live peacefully with Muslims should leave Australia or be executed.

Ibrahim Abbas is giving evidence against his younger brother Hamza Abbas, 23, cousin Abdullah Chaarani, 27, and friend Ahmed Mohamed, 25, who are on trial in the Supreme Court, accused of conspiring to prepare an attack in Melbourne’s CBD on Christmas Day 2016.

Mr Abbas was arrested on December 22 that year over the plot, which prosecutors allege targeted Federation Square, St Paul’s Cathedral and Flinders Street Station.

In a police interview played to jurors on Monday, Mr Abbas said 20 police came to his home and arrested him.

He was quizzed about his support for Islamic State, the caliphate and Sharia Law, which he believed should be implemented in Australia for all Muslims and non-Muslims.

“They would have to sign a contract to live with, among Muslims in peace,” he said.

“Whoever does not sign the contract either leaves the country or is executed.”

Mr Abbas developed his views listening to scholars like Anwar al-Awlaki, an alleged IS recruiter.

He also watched “major release” Islamic State videos designed to update watchers on recent events, attacks and show beheadings.

But he gave up social media and watching political videos around the time his home was previously raided.

“After I got raided I just felt like me being on social media is of no benefit to myself and my views,” he said, noting he had been banned from Facebook five times for posting pictures of Islamic State.

He did continue to use encrypted messaging app Telegram under username ShiaSlayer, but stopped about six months before his 2016 arrest. Mr Abbas told police he was aware of instructional bomb-making videos, and that Mohamed had directed him to one about a month earlier.

“He knows that I’m, ah, a fan or I follow IS and, or I agree with their ideology, so he thought that it’d be nice to tell me,” he said. The video gave instruction on using hydrogen peroxide to make explosives, a product Mr Abbas previously testified he had gone with some of the accused to buy at a chemist.

Mr Abbas also told police a visit to Federation Square with his brother, Chaarani and Mohamed was to get ice cream and walk around.

Last week, he told the court it was then that he suggested the men “just picture a terrorist attack over here”.

The trial continues.
https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/aussies-who-dont-sign-contr...

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 10:22pm

No, old boy, you might have got me wrong

Where does it say in the Holy Quran that Dirty Pakis get to make the laws for Lovey Whites?

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, it says the Muselman has to get on with us, no?

Quote:
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Muslims who live in a non-Muslim country as citizens or who enter a non-Muslim country with a visa are obligated to fulfill this covenant of security which necessitates obeying the law. Even if a Muslim were to enter a country illegally, one cannot be excused for violating another person’s rights. It is a religious obligation for a Muslim to keep his promises, behave truthfully, and respect people’s natural rights.

Allah said:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَوْفُوا بِالْعُقُودِ

O you who believe, fulfill all contracts.

Surah Al-Ma’idah 5:1

And Allah said:

وَأَوْفُوا بِعَهْدِ اللَّهِ إِذَا عَاهَدتُّمْ وَلَا تَنقُضُوا الْأَيْمَانَ بَعْدَ تَوْكِيدِهَا وَقَدْ جَعَلْتُمُ اللَّهَ عَلَيْكُمْ كَفِيلًا إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَفْعَلُونَ

Fulfill the covenant of Allah when you have taken it, and do not break oaths after their confirmation while you have made Allah a witness over you. Verily, Allah knows what you do.

Surah An-Nahl 16:91

And last but not least:

Quote:
Ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

السَّمْعُ وَالطَّاعَةُ حَقٌّ مَا لَمْ يُؤْمَرْ بِالْمَعْصِيَةِ فَإِذَا أُمِرَ بِمَعْصِيَةٍ فَلَا سَمْعَ وَلَا طَاعَةَ

Listening to and obeying the leader is an obligation as long as he does not command disobedience to Allah. If he commands disobedience, then there is no listening to him or obedience.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 2796, Grade: Sahih

In some cases, a Muslim may be required to participate in something controversial in Islam, such as purchasing mandatory insurance. In this case, according to the principle of choosing the lesser of two harms, a Muslim should follow the law according to the minimum requirements if the consequences of breaking the law would be worse for him and his community.

Therefore, we should obey the law of the land in which we live as a matter of upholding our citizenship or visa contract. We should not lie, betray, or defraud anyone, nor can we justify violating anyone’s rights because they are not Muslims.

Success comes from Allah, and Allah knows best.

https://abuaminaelias.com/obeying-the-law-in-non-muslim-countries/

And...

It is a jolly world, no?

Allah knows best, dear.
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2018 at 10:32pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #79 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 9:57am

moses wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 2:56pm:

Gandi,my point has always been that islamic allah is a reinvented pagan Arabian moon god.

Pre-islam allah was the main god of the pagan Arabian tribes, pre-islam allah had three daughters.

Why are they in there?

Why does muhammad have to tell muslims to stop worshipping the pre-islam daughters of allah?

muhammad lied when he pushed the line that allah was the god of the Hebrews and Christians.

The deplorable thing is that because of muhammads deliberate lies, millions of Jews and Christians have been subjected to unspeakable human rights atrocities by muslims in the last millennia and a half.

The reason al-Lat al-'Uzza and Manat, are in the qur'an today is because muhammad had to reinvent moon god allah, as a monotheistic god who no longer had three daughters. 

moses, your "point" in this case was to depict the Quran as promoting the idea that Allah has daughters, and such a promotion was "snuck in" by Muhammad. The truth, as we have seen by actually including the verses you conveniently left out - is that the Quran does the exact opposite - ie admonishes people for believing such a thing.

As for the apparently incriminating charge that "the allah of islam is a reinvented pagan moon god" - you are just playing a semantic game, and really just rewording the bleeding obvious to make it sound sinister. All you are really saying is that Islam (through the preaching of Muhammad), considers the pagan 'Allah' a perversion, but essentially a continuation, of the Abrahamic God of the Jews and later the Christians. Pagan tradition is replete with folklore that actually mimicks fairly closely Abrahamic tradition, with a few key modifications. All Muhammad did was to point out that the one true God of Abraham - which the pagans worshipped - had been perverted with things like daughters and moon worshipping, and now it was time to, if you like, 'remove the paganism' from Allah, and worship Allah alone.

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 3:38pm

gandalf wrote: Reply #79 - Today at 9:57am
Quote:
moses, your "point" in this case was to depict the Quran as promoting the idea that Allah has daughters, and such a promotion was "snuck in" by Muhammad. The truth, as we have seen by actually including the verses you conveniently left out - is that the Quran does the exact opposite - ie admonishes people for believing such a thing.

As for the apparently incriminating charge that "the allah of islam is a reinvented pagan moon god" - you are just playing a semantic game, and really just rewording the bleeding obvious to make it sound sinister. All you are really saying is that Islam (through the preaching of Muhammad), considers the pagan 'Allah' a perversion, but essentially a continuation, of the Abrahamic God of the Jews and later the Christians. Pagan tradition is replete with folklore that actually mimicks fairly closely Abrahamic tradition, with a few key modifications. All Muhammad did was to point out that the one true God of Abraham - which the pagans worshipped - had been perverted with things like daughters and moon worshipping, and now it was time to, if you like, 'remove the paganism' from Allah, and worship Allah alone.

Gandi you are simply regurgitating  the lies of muhammad which in effect have been responsible for the millennium and a half of human rights atrocities committed against the Jews and Christians by muslims.

The God of Abraham told Moses that his name was I AM THAT I AM about 1500 B.C. which is over 2000 years before there was a muslim on this earth.

Not once in the Old Testament or New Testament is God referred to as allah, nor is islam or muslim mentioned.

In the 7th century A.D. muhammad decided to adopt monotheism and push his moon god as the sole monotheistic god of the universe.

However in his usual form he made a couple of mistakes.

We've all heard about the satanic verses e.g.:

Have ye thought upon al-Lat and al-Uzza

And Manat, the third, the other? (53:19,20)

Then, originally, the verses (known today as the satanic verses) followed:

These are the exalted cranes (intermediaries)

Whose intercession is to be hoped for.(53:21,22)

Why was this the original *revelation* to muhammad?

Why did muhammad then have to say that satan tricked him into reciting the moon god ritual concerning the daughters?

Why did he have to replace 21/22 with:

Are yours the males and His the females?

That indeed were an unfair division! (53:21,22)

There is absolutely no doubt that allah was never the monotheistic god of the Jews / Christians.

Yet your prophet lied and accused them of false worshipping which has lead to unspeakable atrocities being committed against Jewish / Christian little girls, women and men.

Why isn't allah muslims and islam cited once in the Old and New Testament?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #81 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 6:04pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 1:06pm:

I'm told that's the only Islamic tenet, Auggie. There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His prophet.

Even the 5 pillars are somewhat obligatory. Don't fast if you're sick, don't do the Haj if you're disabled, etc. Quite a few Muslims drink too.

There is nothing in Islam that says its adherents must kill kuffars, as every Islamic schoolboy knows.

Well, it seems that there's a militant minority within the Islamic world who believe they it does.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 9:42pm

Auggie wrote on Nov 20th, 2018 at 6:04pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 1:06pm:

Well, it seems that there's a militant minority within the Islamic world who believe they it does.

Indeed. There's a militant minority in the Karmic Christian community who believe certain things too.

Yadda said:

Moslem == a follower of Islam.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 9:47pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 20th, 2018 at 9:57am:
moses wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 2:56pm:

Why are they in there?

Yes, G, but it doesn't mean what it says, remember.

Even Moses will tell you that.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 9:48pm

moses wrote on Nov 20th, 2018 at 3:38pm:
gandalf wrote: Reply #79 - Today at 9:57am
Quote:

Gandi you are simply regurgitating  the lies of muhammad which in effect have been responsible for the millennium and a half of human rights atrocities committed against the Jews and Christians by muslims.

The God of Abraham told Moses that his name was I AM THAT I AM about 1500 B.C. which is over 2000 years before there was a muslim on this earth.

Not once in the Old Testament or New Testament is God referred to as allah, nor is islam or muslim mentioned.

In the 7th century A.D. muhammad decided to adopt monotheism and push his moon god as the sole monotheistic god of the universe.

However in his usual form he made a couple of mistakes.

We've all heard about the satanic verses e.g.:

Have ye thought upon al-Lat and al-Uzza

And Manat, the third, the other? (53:19,20)

Then, originally, the verses (known today as the satanic verses) followed:

These are the exalted cranes (intermediaries)

Whose intercession is to be hoped for.(53:21,22)

Why was this the original *revelation* to muhammad?

Why did muhammad then have to say that satan tricked him into reciting the moon god ritual concerning the daughters?

Why did he have to replace 21/22 with:

Are yours the males and His the females?

That indeed were an unfair division! (53:21,22)

There is absolutely no doubt that allah was never the monotheistic god of the Jews / Christians.

Yet your prophet lied and accused them of false worshipping which has lead to unspeakable atrocities being committed against Jewish / Christian little girls, women and men.

Why isn't allah muslims and islam cited once in the Old and New Testament?

See?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #85 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 8:00am

moses wrote on Nov 20th, 2018 at 3:38pm:

seriously moses?  This is what passes for an argument in your book? Roll Eyes

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 2:24pm

gandalf wrote: Reply #85 - Today at 8:00am

Quote:
seriously moses?  This is what passes for an argument in your book?

It is the absolute argument.

It totally demolishes the lies of muhammad that allah was the god of Abraham.

The gandalf wrote: Reply #85 - Today at 8:00am

Quote:
seriously moses?  This is what passes for an argument in your book?

It is the absolute argument.

It totally demolishes the lies of muhammad that allah was the god of Abraham.

The timeline of the O.T. and N.T. predate islam by about 4600 years, not once is islam allah or muslim ever mentioned, muhammad lied when he pathetically tried to plagiarize the chronicles of the Hebrews and Christians.

The deliberate lies of your *prophet*  has led to millions of Jews and Christians being unspeakably abused by muslims in the last 1400 years. Writings of the O.T. and N.T. predate islam by about 4600 years, not once is islam allah or muslim ever mentioned, muhammad lied when he pathetically tried to plagiarize the chronicles of the Hebrews and Christians.

The deliberate lies of your *prophet*  has led to millions of Jews and Christians being unspeakably tortured and slaughtered by muslims in the last 1400 years.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2018 at 2:58pm by moses »  

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #87 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 7:59am

moses wrote on Nov 21st, 2018 at 2:24pm:
he timeline of the O.T. and N.T. predate islam by about 4600 years, not once is islam allah or muslim ever mentioned

By george you're right moses. The hebrews really weren't using arabic 4600+ years ago. Who knew?

*facepalm*

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 3:05pm

They certainly weren't, the Bible precedes the qur'an by over 4600 years, today we have the English translation not once is allah muslim or islam mentioned. (not once does the Bible give reference to Abraham going to Mecca to build a kabah, why is that?)

We have the English translation of the qur'an it says the name of your god is allah time and time again.

Muhammad slaughtered people who didn't worship his new version of allah, why is that?

The English translation of your shahadah is: There is no god but allah, and muhammad is his messenger

It is nothing more than an islamic lie that allah is the god of Abraham.

There is no doubt that islamic allah is nothing more than a reinvented pagan moon god allah.

Up to the time of muhammad allah was a pagan moon god with three daughters, muhammad originally kept the daughters of allah in the qur'an as a token appeasement to the other pagan Arabian tribes, in order to get them to accept islam.

He then had a new *revelation* and replaced two verses decrying his original *revelation*.

Muslims still to this day practice many pagan practices, praying towards Mecca, pilgrimage to Mecca, the housing of the black stone at the kabbah, circling the black stone, kissing the black stone, throwing stones at imaginary spirits in the kabbah, the run between two hills, it's all too much to just be coincidence.

It wouldn't be of any importance , except for the fact that muhammad preached hatred for anyone who didn't worship his reinvented moon god allah, hatred for those who did worship but were considered hypocrites and corrupters.

This has resulted in untold millions of innocent people being raped tortured and slaughtered by muslims in the last 1400 years.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #89 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 7:49am

strewth moses, now you're telling me the English Bible doesn't use arabic either???

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #90 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 5:40pm

Very true gandi the bible is an English translation.

The English translation of the Hebrew writings says your *prophet* lied when he said that allah was the monotheistic god of Abraham.

I base my deducing on the simple fact that allah is the English translation of the name of your god in the qur'an and your shahada.

Your shahada states that there is no god but allah.

Therefore if Abraham had worshipped allah then their writings would have had a Hebrew word which meant allah, consequently when the Hebrew word for allah was translated into English it would have read as allah, however it does not, for nowhere is the word allah observed in the entire O.T. or N.T., therefore your *prophet lied*.

Is your shahada lying when the English translation says that there is no god but allah?

I'm saying that your prophet reinvented his pagan moon god allah into a monotheistic god who hated all people who do not worship him.

Accordingly, millions of innocent people have been raped tortured and murdered by muslims, as these muslims can find justification for their human rights atrocities in the qur'an (muslims are still carrying out these atrocities today 2018).

It seems that the world would have been a far better place if muhammad had left his moon god well enough alone.

Today collectively speaking, because of muhammads' lies, depraved teachings and lifestyle, muslims are right at the bottom of the societal ladder.

muslims are the worlds terrorists, muslims are the worlds refugees, poverty and illiteracy is rampant, muslims are starving little children by their actions, muslims are putting little children in mortal danger every single day of the year, muslims right now are the scourge of the earth costing kufir countries billions of dollars as the kufir feeds and shelters the millions of fleeing muslims around the globe, let alone the untold $millions as the kufir fights the muslim terrorist ideology globally.

So the no god but allah lie has most certainly not done anything for muslims gandi, it seems that it has dragged you down to the lowest level possible on the global societal scale.

The irony is that after all the evil muslims have perpetrated against other muslims and non-believers, you actually believe that the way up is to dig deeper into the evil prevarication of islam.

Maybe it's karma, maybe it's the spirit of righteousness starting to overcome, maybe it's the spirit of evil just leading you further into the depths of depravity, who knows? (but one thing is absolutely certain, up to now the lies of islam have got you exactly nowhere).

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #91 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 6:44pm

moses wrote on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 5:40pm:
allah is the English translation

umm no.

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Nov 24th, 2018 at 2:56pm

-----aaaannnnd islam is a religion of peace?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #93 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 10:10am

Is that your way of conceding ALlah is not an english word moses?

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 3:57pm

No gandi

allah is the English translation of the qurans' revamped moon god.

If it's not I suggest you get onto the numerable web translations and the various publishing houses which print English copies of the qur'an, every single one of them use the word allah when citing the name of your revamped pagan moon god.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 4:03pm

That's right, Gandi. You go back to your imam and tell him he's got it all wrong.

Moses should know. He reads Jihadwatch and Islamthereligionofpeace.

You?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #96 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 4:39pm

Allah

الله = allah =  אללה = Allah

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #97 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 5:11pm

moses wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 3:57pm:

no moses, the english translation of the arabic word "Allah" is "God".

I seriously have to spell this out to you?

Quote:

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 5:15pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 5:11pm:
moses wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 3:57pm:

The Malaysians say Allah is a specific god with Arabian origins.

Quote:
Malaysia court rules non-Muslims cannot use 'Allah'

A Malaysian court has ruled that non-Muslims cannot use the word Allah to refer to God, even in their own faiths, overturning a 2009 lower court ruling.

The appeals court said the term Allah must be exclusive to Islam or it could cause public disorder.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-24516181

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 5:25pm

gandalf wrote:

Quote:

Are you telling me that all those English qur'ans and web sites are wrong when they use the word allah gandi?

Why do they all make this same mistake according to you gandi?

late edit: The word allah is used 2698 time in any English translation of the qur'an, are they all wrong?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 5:39pm

Baronvonrort

Quote:
Malaysia court rules non-Muslims cannot use 'Allah'

A Malaysian court has ruled that non-Muslims cannot use the word Allah to refer to God, even in their own faiths, overturning a 2009 lower court ruling.

The appeals court said the term Allah must be exclusive to Islam or it could cause public disorder.

Baron every single non muslim had been forced to use allah as the name of god, under threat of death, in muslim majority countries.

If non muslims are not allowed to worship allah, that's to their benefit in actual fact as they have been forced to worship a reinvented Arabian pagan moon god, education truth and openness is the enemy of islam when it comes down to the nitty gritty of all things.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #101 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 5:44pm

moses wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 5:25pm:
gandalf wrote:

Quote:

Are you telling me that all those English qur'ans and web sites are wrong when they use the word allah gandi?

Why do they all make this same mistake according to you gandi?

late edit: The word allah is used 2698 time in any English translation of the qur'an, are they all wrong?

It is not an "english translation". If they write the arabic word that phonetically comes out as 'Allah', its because they choose to stick to the arabic. If they translated it into English, they would say 'God'. English translations don't say 'moses' or 'jesus' either - they use the arabicised names 'Musa' and 'Isa', and no one suggests they are different people... except probably you...

FFS  Roll Eyes

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #102 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 5:50pm

Tell me moses - am I worshipping a pagan moon God - even if I don't believe I am - just because you come up with some unfathamably illogical explanation of Muhammad's devious scheme to secretly revive pagan worship?

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 6:21pm

Gasdalf wrote:
Quote:
It is not an "english translation". If they write the arabic word that phonetically comes out as 'Allah', its because they choose to stick to the arabic. If they translated it into English, they would say 'God'.

It's not an english translation?

Oh come on gandi the qur'ans are written in English, they are a copy of Arabic qur'ans.

The translation from Arabic to English results in allah.

Why is the word allah used if it isn't the English name of your god?

Quote:
English translations don't say 'moses' or 'jesus' either - they use the arabicised names 'Musa' and 'Isa', and no one suggests they are different people... except probably you...

No It's a given that muhammad was referring to the same people, he simply put his slant on their activities.

As far as the word Jesus goes, I suppose that Jesus is the name that translated from the Greek versions.

But they are a side issue in this translation matter, the word allah is the English translation of the name of the islamic god.

There is no god but allah, is that a lie is that a mistranslation?

Of course it isn't a misinterpretation or mis translation.

Quote:
Tell me moses - am I worshipping a pagan moon God - even if I don't believe I am - just because you come up with some unfathamably illogical explanation of Muhammad's devious scheme to secretly revive pagan worship?

YES GANDI YOU ARE.

muhammad simply changed many of his pagan moon gods' atributes, when he declared that allah was the monotheistic god of the universe.

The sad thing is that he gave his reinvented moon god a distinct character of hatred and depravity when it comes to dealing with non muslims.

Now I know you'll cherry pick a couple of verses here and there, however I'm talking about the overall theme, it simply is a muslim supremacist hate the kufir cult.

Present day activities of the collective muslim people bears out my words.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #104 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 7:08pm

moses wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 6:21pm:
YES GANDI YOU ARE.

Thanks moses. Its good to have you here so you can point out which 1400 year old arab folklore somehow programs what personal beliefs I hold.

Can you conjur up any other 7th century fairy tale to dictate what other personal beliefs I have -  that I don't really love my mother for example?

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #105 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 1:04am

Don't listen to him, Moses, he's practicing taqiyya.

But I'm curious. How can those who say they worship the God of the Jews and Christians, refer to stories from the New and Old Testaments, and even uphold the same prophecies be mistakenly worshipping a pagan moon god?

And how can you worship some other god when your entire faith is about only believing in ONE?

I thought Moh was pretty clear he meant the God of Abraham. Do you think he was just trying to trick everyone?

You know, squat down to pee, practice inbreeding and worship this pagan moon god known as Allah (in English)?

Makes you think though, doesn't it? How do we really know which gods we worship?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #106 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 4:16pm

gandalf  wrote: Reply #104 - Yesterday at 7:08pm

Quote:
Thanks moses. Its good to have you here so you can point out which 1400 year old arab folklore somehow programs what personal beliefs I hold.

Can you conjur up any other 7th century fairy tale to dictate what other personal beliefs I have -  that I don't really love my mother for example?

Well that's the way things panned out for islam gandi, I'd say you've self indoctrinated yourself into a pretty passive believer of what muhammad said in the qur'an.

I'm convinced that all muslims have been lead up the garden path, as muhammd enforced the rule that all people have to believe in his reinvented moon god.

As for the 7th century concept, well that's exactly where the qur'an / islam is today 2018.

The qur'an is a 7th century war torture and slaughter manual that dictates that muslim slayers and slain will be in paradise.

Today we see the results of this war manual, just look around at the present collective situation of muslims Gandalf.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 4:17pm

karnal wrote: Reply #105 - Today at 1:04am

Quote:
Don't listen to him, Moses, he's practicing taqiyya.

But I'm curious. How can those who say they worship the God of the Jews and Christians, refer to stories from the New and Old Testaments, and even uphold the same prophecies be mistakenly worshipping a pagan moon god?

And how can you worship some other god when your entire faith is about only believing in ONE?

I thought Moh was pretty clear he meant the God of Abraham. Do you think he was just trying to trick everyone?

You know, squat down to pee, practice inbreeding and worship this pagan moon god known as Allah (in English)?

Makes you think though, doesn't it? How do we really know which gods we worship?

The muslims know exactly which god they worship his name is allah, you know the shahada there is no god but allah.

They don't say there is no god but god, or there is no allah but allah.

The islamic god has an explicit name *allah*

for 1400 years the muslims have been raping torturing and murdering anyone who does not worship allah.

So muhammad lied when he forced all people to accept allah as the god of the Hebrews.

The Jews most certainly did not worship allah, I know that Jews have to call allah god (under threat of death) in any  muslim majority country.

So the fact is, that muhammad simply reinvented his pagan moon god into a monotheistic god, then forced all people to bow down to this satanic reinvention (monotheistic allah).

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 4:41pm

That's right, Moses. The correct translation is there's no god but God.

Why would Jews be forced to use the term, Allah? Didn't you say that's an English translation?

Where are Jews executed for using the term JHVH?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:16pm

There is no god but allah is an incorrect translation according to you?

Why do all English qur'ans have allah ( 2698 times from memory) as the word for the god of islam?

Are all the qur'ans wrong?

Has everybody who says there is no god but allah made a mistake?

So muhammad made a mistake when he forced people to worship allah?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:27pm

moses wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:16pm:
There is no god but allah is an incorrect translation according to you?

Why do all English qur'ans have allah ( 2698 times from memory) as the word for the god of islam?

Are all the qur'ans wrong?

Has everybody who says there is no god but allah made a mistake?

So muhammad made a mistake when he forced people to worship allah?

Not at all, Moses. Allah is just another name for God. That's what we're led to believe, anyway.

Pretty cunning though, no? There was Moh, trying to force everyone to worship his pagan moon god, so what did he do?

Tricked everyone into thinking it was the god of the Jews and Christians.

So there, throughout perpetuity, are all these Muselmen worshipping a completely different god, thinking it's the real God you and I worship.

Diabolical, eh?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:38pm

Quote:
Not at all, Moses. Allah is just another name for God.

Pretty cunning though, no? There was Moh, trying to force everyone to worship his pagan moon god, so what did he do?

Not tricked the Arabs were already worshipping allah muhammad simply revamped his atributes, he made a few mistakes but in true muhammad fashion just lied his way out of it (satanic verses as a good example).

Quote:
So there, throughout perpetuity, are all these Muselmen worshipping a completely different god, thinking it's the real God you and I worship.

Diabolical, eh?

Just sailing along worshipping the reinvented moon god, it's been a total failure as muhammads version of god has resulted in the muslims being the worlds' terrorists, the worlds' refugees, muzzies putting children in mortal danger, muzzies starving little children through their own stupidity of fighting each other all the time.

They are welcome to their revamped moon god allah, he certainly has done nothing for muslims going by world events today 2018.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:45pm

moses wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:38pm:
Quote:
Not at all, Moses. Allah is just another name for God.

Not tricked the Arabs were already worshipping allah muhammad simply revamped his atributes, he made a few mistakes but in true muhammad fashion just lied his way out of it (satanic verses as a good example).

Quote:

Diabolical, eh?

Just sailing along worshipping the reinvented moon god, it's been a total failure as muhammads version of god has resulted in the muslims being the worlds' terrorists, the worlds' refugees, muzzies putting children in mortal danger, muzzies starving little children through their own stupidity of fighting each other all the time.

They are welcome to their revamped moon god allah, he certainly has done nothing for muslims going by world events today 2018.

I guess you're right, Moses. That means we can no longer blame Islam though, or retarded inbreds who squat down to pee and play with their dicks afterwards.

No, we must blame Allah. It's now the moon god's fault.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 6:16pm

They were duped by a thief liar pedophile rapist torturer and mass murderer muhammad.

They have followed his teachings to the very letter, right now they are in the pits, they have to question the qur'an and purge the evil philosophy it contains, however this is the stumbling block, they can't question the qur'an and remove portions of it as this is the end of islam (its' supposed to be perfect and infallible).

So the problem is do muslims stick with what they've got and the bloodshed death and destruction continues, or question and correct the qur'an which destroys islam.

Either way, eventually allah and muhammad are going to be relegated to the sections of history which record the many evil deeds of mankind in the past.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 6:57pm

moses wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 6:16pm:
They were duped by a thief liar pedophile rapist torturer and mass murderer muhammad.

They have followed his teachings to the very letter, right now they are in the pits, they have to question the qur'an and purge the evil philosophy it contains, however this is the stumbling block, they can't question the qur'an and remove portions of it as this is the end of islam (its' supposed to be perfect and infallible).

So the problem is do muslims stick with what they've got and the bloodshed death and destruction continues, or question and correct the qur'an which destroys islam.

Either way, eventually allah and muhammad are going to be relegated to the sections of history which record the many evil deeds of mankind in the past.

But that's not what you say, Moses. You always say it doesn't mean what it says.

Remember? You have a song about it.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 4:02pm

Well I say this and mean it.

islam's origins have been traced back by scholars to the ancient fertility religion of the worship of the moon god which was always the dominant religion of Arabia.

The moon god was worshipped by:

praying toward Mecca several times a day,

making an annual pilgrimage to the Kabah which was a temple of the moon god,

running around the Kabah seven times,

caressing and kissing an idol of a black stone set in the wall of the Kabah,

running between two hills,

making animal sacrifices,

gathering on Fridays for prayers,

These were pagan rites practiced by the Arabs long before muhammad was born."

"What religion today practices the pagan rites of the moon god? ======== islam!

This explains why the crescent moon is the symbol of islam.

It is placed on top of mosques and minarets and displayed on hats, flags, rugs, amulets and even jewelry.

Every time you see the muslim symbol of a crescent moon, you are seeing the ancient symbol of the moon god."

There is absolutely no doubt that allah is a revamped pagan Arabian moon god.

The sad thing is that because muhammad lied about his revamped moon god allah, millions of innocent people have been hated raped tortured and murdered by muslims, as they hate what allah hates and act accordingly.

World events right now 2018 show it is a sick dangerous muslim supremacist death cult nothing more nothing less

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print