Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Gandalf, please explain this verse? (Read 12231 times)
Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Gandalf, please explain this verse?
Nov 9th, 2018 at 5:39pm

Gandalf, please explain why God would fill an immortal tablet from heaven with commandments about how to treat the Prophet in the his home, and how to treat his wives? Considering that Muhammad is the supposed narrator of God's word.

Consider verse 33:53:

O you who believe! Enter not the Prophet's houses, except when leave is given to you for a meal, (and then) not (so early as) to wait for its preparation. But when you are invited, enter, and when you have taken your meal, disperse, without sitting for a talk. Verily, such (behaviour) annoys the Prophet, and he is shy of (asking) you (to go), but Allah is not shy of (telling you) the truth.

It seems to me that the people simply weren't getting the message in the first instance, and so Muhammad conjured up a revelation so that they would finally listen to him, and no longer 'irritate him'.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Gandalf, please explain this verse?
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 6:25pm

Short answer Auggie, I don't know.

The longer answer is I always reject any interpretation of a Quranic verse that insists it is relatable only to an obscure 7th century, and not relatable to all of human kind for all time.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 6:32pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 6:25pm:

The longer answer is I always reject any interpretation of a Quranic verse that insists it is relatable only to an obscure 7th century, and not relatable to all of human kind for all time.

So, you don't know, but you know that it has some universal meaning?

What universal meaning is to be inferred from the foregoing verse?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 6:33pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 6:25pm:

Do you think that's maybe because the Quran isn't actually the Word of God?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:00pm

Auggie wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 6:33pm:

Geez Auggie, what response did you really expect from that question  Roll Eyes

You know, for someone who tries pretty hard to present this persona of a reasonable and tolerant person - you do come across as a bit of a vindictive dick sometimes. Just sayyin.

And I thought you just announced you were leaving this forum forever. What happened with that?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:05pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:00pm:
Auggie wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 6:33pm:

Geez Auggie, what response did you really expect from that question  Roll Eyes

You know, for someone who tries pretty hard to present this persona of a reasonable and tolerant person - you do come across as a bit of a vindictive dick sometimes. Just sayyin.

And I thought you just announced you were leaving this forum forever. What happened with that?

I can't argue with that.

Now, shall we get back to the issue.

Do you think that an immortal tablet from heaven should contain a verse detailing the minutiae of a person's life?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:06pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:00pm:

Did you ever really believe that a vindictive dick like me would actually honour my own word?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 8:33pm

Gandalf, shall I interpret your personal attack as evidence that Islam is not a very tolerant religion, and does not really promote criticism of the religion?

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #8 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 12:35pm

Auggie wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 5:39pm:
Gandalf, please explain why God would fill an immortal tablet from heaven with commandments about how to treat the Prophet in the his home, and how to treat his wives? Considering that Muhammad is the supposed narrator of God's word.

Consider verse 33:53:

O you who believe! Enter not the Prophet's houses, except when leave is given to you for a meal, (and then) not (so early as) to wait for its preparation. But when you are invited, enter, and when you have taken your meal, disperse, without sitting for a talk. Verily, such (behaviour) annoys the Prophet, and he is shy of (asking) you (to go), but Allah is not shy of (telling you) the truth.

It seems to me that the people simply weren't getting the message in the first instance, and so Muhammad conjured up a revelation so that they would finally listen to him, and no longer 'irritate him'.

That is blasphemy, punishable by imprisonment of death in Pakistan, Saud, and Indonesia to name a few. And if you are unaware, Gandalf claims Australia is part of that gang because Muzlims live here.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 2:29pm

Allah created people so they could worship him, what a ego tripper

Quote:
Allah speaking-
And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
https://quran.com/51/56

This Allah sounds like a real sadist, if you don't worship him he will burn your skin off in the hellfire then replace it so he can burn it off again.

Quote:
Allah speaking-

Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses - We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.

https://quran.com/4/56

Why would anyone worship a sadist like Allah?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 2:43pm

For a truckload of aliens with big tits and a swag of little boys maybe?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 2:55pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 10th, 2018 at 2:29pm:
Why would anyone worship a sadist like Allah?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Why would anybody worship a sadist like Yahweh?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 4:16pm

Today 2018 right now:

The Y.H.W.H. worshipers are quietly minding their own business in their promised land.

Then there are the people who worship Y.H.W.H. through a messiah, also just getting on with their lives.

Sadly we then have the allah worshipers who are the worlds greatest terror threat, the spawning grounds of the allah worshipers is nothing but a pile of rubble, they are backward, poverty is rampant, daily slaughter of other allah worshipers is a constant, daily slaughter of non allah worshipers is rampant, allah worshipers are an almost insurmountable refugee problem for the hated kufirs, as the allah worshipers flee around the globe demanding that the hated kufirs feed and shelter them, allah worshipers are constantly putting little children in mortal danger, both their own and the children of the hated kufirs.

Now it's the 21st century and the allah worshipers are nothing but trouble to both themselves and the hated kufir.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 8:22am

Auggie wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 8:33pm:
Gandalf, shall I interpret your personal attack as evidence that Islam is not a very tolerant religion, and does not really promote criticism of the religion?

At the risk of being semantic, I did choose my words carefully - I didn't say you are a vindictive dick I said you come across as a vindictive dick. There is a difference, and it was very deliberate.

But if I caused offense then I apologise. Honestly though, its pretty clear to me that you've been desperately searching for ways that you can blame Islam ever since you arrived - and I think you are just using this forum for some good ol' confirmation bias - carefully packaged as some faux objective and reasonable voice.

And for the record, I have been an absolute shining beacon of tolerance on this forum. I endure actual personal attacks literally on a daily basis. Not to mention open calls to have myself as well as my family deported and/or locked up. I have not once, in my powers as moderator, deleted any of the regular barrage of offensive comments about Islam and muslims. Not once. Nor have I ever stooped to my attackers level and engaged in any of the sorts of ad-hominems that they engage in. If I ever become a little tetchy, then no one could possibly say I haven't been provoked.

So yeah, you'll forgive me if I duly give the idea that its me, as the resident symbol of Islam, who is the intolerant one - the rolled eyes treatment -  Roll Eyes, as well as Brian's trademarked 'tsk tsk'.
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2018 at 8:34am by polite_gandalf »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 12:42pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 12th, 2018 at 8:22am:
Auggie wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 8:33pm:

At the risk of being semantic, I did choose my words carefully - I didn't say you are a vindictive dick I said you come across as a vindictive dick. There is a difference, and it was very deliberate.

But if I caused offense then I apologise. Honestly though, its pretty clear to me that you've been desperately searching for ways that you can blame Islam ever since you arrived - and I think you are just using this forum for some good ol' confirmation bias - carefully packaged as some faux objective and reasonable voice.

And for the record, I have been an absolute shining beacon of tolerance on this forum. I endure actual personal attacks literally on a daily basis. Not to mention open calls to have myself as well as my family deported and/or locked up. I have not once, in my powers as moderator, deleted any of the regular barrage of offensive comments about Islam and muslims. Not once. Nor have I ever stooped to my attackers level and engaged in any of the sorts of ad-hominems that they engage in. If I ever become a little tetchy, then no one could possibly say I haven't been provoked.

So yeah, you'll forgive me if I duly give the idea that its me, as the resident symbol of Islam, who is the intolerant one - the rolled eyes treatment -  Roll Eyes, as well as Brian's trademarked 'tsk tsk'.

That's taqiyya, G. You're just waiting for Whitey to drop his guard, and then, when he least expects it, you'll let him have it.

Bans, censorship, selective editing, you name it.

Yes, you might be quiet now, but as soon as your imam gives the order, you'll be forced to take away our Freeeedom.

That's the Moslem for you. Cunning.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print