Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Teacher faces sack for calling trans student girl (Read 2596 times)
Pedro Curevo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Re: Teacher faces sack for calling trans student girl
Reply #30 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 12:15pm

While I think this trans gender business is a passing phase or fad....it's appropriate to respect peoples differences, whether that be religious or cultural or sexual or an alien with three heads....personally I don't see that as a bad thing.

The teacher in question let his religious prejudice get in the way of respect...in today's world its live and let live and to keep an open mind.  Cool

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 12:42pm

Pedro Curevo wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 12:15pm:
While I think this trans gender business is a passing phase or fad....it's appropriate to respect peoples differences, whether that be religious or cultural or sexual or an alien with three heads....personally I don't see that as a bad thing.

The teacher in question let his religious prejudice get in the way of respect...in today's world its live and let live and to keep an open mind.  Cool

Doesn't his religion require him to address females as females?

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #32 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:17pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 10:04am:
Pedro Curevo wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:17am:
The trans gender person is still human ....and humans have feelings no matter what the sex...out of his religious ideology the evangelical teacher knew he would be hurting the girls feelings....such is what religion does ...its good at hurting people.

So someone's passing feeling is more important than reality?  The demands of a minority (Individual) are more important than reality?

OK........

Who does it hurt apart from the person you ridicule....You think that it is alright to put your beliefs before others and deliberately humiliate someone because you disagree with their choices....The reality is this is exactly what is wrong with our society and it is getting worse!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Toward no crime have men shown themselves so cold-bloodedly cruel as in punishing differences of belief.
James Russell Lowell (1819 - 1891)

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #33 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:20pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 12:42pm:

Yeah because trans gender people were a big problem in Jesus day!!!

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 9:17pm

philperth2010 wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:20pm:

Ha. You're the one that harps on about allowing religious freedoms.  Grin

Direct from the stories you linked......

Teacher says his Christian beliefs mean he does not think there is anything wrong with referring to someone who is born female as a girl

Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #35 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 10:05pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 9:17pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Nov 9th, 2018 at 7:20pm:

Ha. You're the one that harps on about allowing religious freedoms.  Grin

Direct from the stories you linked......

Teacher says his Christian beliefs mean he does not think there is anything wrong with referring to someone who is born female as a girl

Wink

What the bible basher believes should not negatively impact another person's choice....It is not the teachers decision to make and he should respect other peoples beliefs and not push his views onto others!!!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 11:09pm

Had a Transgender in the cab.
Former 'He' now a 'She'.
I really didn't give a rat 'who' the person was at the time.
But eventually, they tried to solicit a 'response' to their personal being, out of me.
Due to the stupidity of the 'hypocrisy' of the person's being.
I just said
"I don't give a rat's about 'what' you are."

I don't think they had a comeback for me labelling them neither male nor female ...just an 'unknown something' sitting in my cab.
The person even tried to 'flirt' with me - trying to 'attract' me to their new 'female' state...
...until they saw the expression on my face that said something like "How dare you try to DECIEVE me!"  Angry

And that's exactly what it is:
DECEPTION

...for a nation short of Doctors, there seems many who would do such frivolous vain operations.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print