Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Whistler: Little Aussie (Read 1712 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Whistler: Little Aussie
Nov 2nd, 2018 at 6:10pm

I've just learned a bit more about Whistler. It's been many years since I knew of it as a popular destination for Australians to hang out in over in Canada.

Now apparently, the population of Whistler is 70% Australian.

I dunno about this - all these Aussies not 'integrating' and 'assimilating' out amongst other Canadians. Instead - congregating in a small town to over-run it with boring aussie cultural cliché's.

Stuff me, if I went to Canada - the last place I would go to would be Whistler. Why would I want to put up with pompous Aussies that act more Aussie than what they would if they lived in Australia.  Roll Eyes These are the type of Aussies that let their own country get over-run with foreign cultures and enclaves.

Gee. If I went overseas, I wouldn't hang out in a hand-me-down version of Australia. I would get out there and enjoy the country and its people as much as I could to embrace a life/soul changing experience.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Re: Whistler: Little Aussie
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 2:39am

The Aussie accent has currency in North America. Why not take advantage of people who are suckers for accents?

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Whistler: Little Aussie
Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 3:38am

You mean I hand over currency, every time I say "G'day Mate"?

Hell, every guy who says "Bro" here is a junkie.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print