Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
It is a depressing reality. (Read 3078 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
It is a depressing reality.
Oct 31st, 2018 at 11:25pm

It is a depressing world reality.

The world must be in a terrible state, to the eyes and from the perspective of the atheist.

On the one hand, we can see so much potential [for humanity], but what beckons, is a trajectory towards a worldwide apocalypse.

Today, we see,    many very wealthy nations, amazing human technological/scientific advancements, and vast amounts of modern armaments being produced,
and, human conflict and corruption [of political power] everywhere we look.

Wow!

If we truly comprehend the corrupt state of humanity and the world today [a world which has been created by man], that has just got to be pretty depressing to many.
[to any rational person?]

So much human folly.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1362231919/20#20
Quote:

We want lawlessness, without consequence.

No ?

Look at the state of man, in this world, today.

Do you really believe that OUR politicians [and OUR other community leaders] have the capacity [within themselves] to do what is right, and to bring about peace 1/ in this world, 2/ in this country, 3/ in our community ?

Think about it;
We elect [choose] our politicians, and our politicians are merely a reflection of what we are.

They are us, we are them!

Joel 3:9
Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:
10  Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.
11  Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.
12  Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.
13  Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.

Revelation 14:15
And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
19  And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Re: It is a depressing reality.
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 11:28pm

Suicide note?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 11:33pm

2 Timothy 3:12
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
13  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14  But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15  And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 11:41pm

How many pages?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 6:15am

I cannot speak for atheists, but those I have known tend to a belief in humanity's great potential.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 6:23am

According to the Bible, God made the world so eventually it would reach peak degeneracy resulting in a huge smiting via prophecy/revelations etc.

What a wicked, evil, depressing religion.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 9:03am

Term Dog wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 6:23am:

According to the Bible, God made the world so eventually it would reach peak degeneracy resulting in a huge smiting via prophecy/revelations etc.

What a wicked, evil, depressing religion.

Yeah, humanity are innocent, with barely a corrupt hair on the head, of one human being.

/sarc off

Come on.

Imagine a creation with free will, but with "no possibility of going wrong"
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1516795090/0#0

How great, ancient Israel could have been among all the nations [as an example to all mankind], if they had only chosen to adhere to the laws which they had been given [and which they had covenanted to obey].

Deuteronomy 4:1
Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you.
2  Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
6  Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.
7  For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?
And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

Deuteronomy 28:1
And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2  And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
3  Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4  Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
5  Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
6  Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

Isaiah 48:17
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
18  O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

But instead,      men [including those in ancient Israel] chose to do what was right, in their own eyes.

Human freewill.

...consequences.

Man.

It is in our heart to demand the right, to 'self-determination',     and then,    to reject responsibility for the consequences of our poor choices.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 9:49am

By definition ... Atheists are without sin.  Wink

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 11:21am

Captain Nemo wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 9:49am:
By definition ... Atheists are without sin.

That's why we have "Rule of Law", and if an atheist breaks the law, they have "sinned" - have they not?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 12:30pm

That is a bizarre statement/claim to make.     LOL

Atheists can do no wrong ?

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 1:21pm

Yadda wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 12:30pm:

That is a bizarre statement/claim to make.     LOL

Atheists can do no wrong ?

Well if "sin" is a Christian concept and atheists don't believe in the Christian God ... then ipso facto .... not sinners.  Grin

p.s.

Atheists can do things against the current social mores (morals change over time and vary between different cultures at any given time) ... but "sin" itself does not exist as far as an atheist is concerned. 

I guess that means atheists can line up to cast the first stone eh?   Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2018 at 1:32pm by Captain Nemo »  

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #11 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 1:27pm

Yadda, please don't jump. Please consider the 'impact' on the environment of your actions.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 12:20am

Laugh till you cry wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 1:27pm:

Yadda, please don't jump.

Please consider the 'impact' on the environment of your actions.

Oh, OK then, i won't jump.

Smiley

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 12:27pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 11:25pm:

The world must be in a terrible state, to the eyes and from the perspective of the atheist.

On the one hand, we can see so much potential [for humanity], but what beckons, is a trajectory towards a worldwide apocalypse.

Today, we see,    many very wealthy nations, amazing human technological/scientific advancements, and vast amounts of modern armaments being produced,

Wow!

If we truly comprehend the corrupt state of humanity and the world today [a world which has been created by man], that has just got to be pretty depressing to many.

So much human folly.

The world has always been in a terrible state. It has always been a violent, corrupt and barbaric place.
It doesn't depress me. I accept it for what it is. It's just the result of human nature.
I do however feel extremely lucky to be living in a secular, modern democracy.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #14 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 1:57pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 12:27pm:
Yadda wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 11:25pm:

Wow!

So much human folly.

The world has always been in a terrible state. It has always been a violent, corrupt and barbaric place.
It doesn't depress me. I accept it for what it is. It's just the result of human nature.
I do however feel extremely lucky to be living in a secular, modern democracy.

That's pretty much how I see it, but I would not attribute our social well-being to luck. Every bit of progress to this point in our civilisation has been paid for, and the price was not cheap.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print