Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 138
Send Topic Print
⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜ (Read 115020 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: ⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜
Reply #300 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 3:16pm

Mortdooley wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:43pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 22nd, 2019 at 1:24pm:
Captain Nemo wrote on Mar 22nd, 2019 at 12:29pm:
Hmm ... since the 1996 change, no mass shootings in Australia with semi-automatic weapons.

Sounds like a good result to me.  Cool

Mind you, there are still nutters who shoot people ... they just find it way more difficult to get hold of Semi-auto's.

Funny, isn't it, that the New Zealanders, after Christchurch are now following Australia as far as Gun Control legislation is concerned.   Americans appear too stupid.  How many Americans have to die before they see sense and regulate gun ownership?  100? 1,000? 10,000? 100,000?   Who knows.  It is just unfortunate that people have to die before they realise that guns in the wrong hands are dangerous...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

New Zealand has a population of almost 5,000,000 and will change its laws based on an emotional response to the actions of one person! Did you read that "
one Person
"!!!

Who cares?  Australia changed it's gun laws because of the actions of Martin Bryant - one person.   In reality, we changed them because of a succession of gun massacres in Sydney and Melbourne.   However, Bryant was the final straw.  New Zealand has acted because they don't want any more gun massacres,  Tarrant was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Americans are indeed stupid.  They have had gun massacre after gun massacre and still they won't learn.  Doesn't matter if the victims are White or Black or Jewish or Muslim or young or old.  Americans prefer to hug their fetish objects at night, rather than surrender them to make sure that fewer Americans die.  Americans are disgusting people it seems.  Absolutely callous and uncaring.  Guns are more important than human lives...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:
Why is the NRA able to accept some gun laws but fight against others? Because it is made up of people with differing opinions and different views of Natural law. Those who compromise fail to understand it isn't a compromise when one side gets some of what they want and the other side gets nothing! I am a voting member of the NRA and any quisling who wants to compromise loses my vote.  My response to more gun laws is "No, No, No, and I will vote against any politician on the ballot on election day that votes against my Rights!

The NRA accepts some laws and not others because the Presidium of the NRA is controlled by fruitloops who don't care about their hypocrisy.   They want power and believe they have power.

You know what would be the best way to end the NRA's power?   There are what, three million members of the NRA.   Have four million anti-gun people join the NRA and vote the fruitloops out.   They wouldn't have a leg to stand on.  The members of the NRA would have spoken and shown them the door.   Cool

Quote:
The Constitution is not a living breathing curiosity able to be reinterpreted as the Progressives see fit! It means the same thing today as the first day it was ratified! A law that decides a shotgun with an 18 inch barrel is acceptable but one with a 17.9 inch barrel is a dangerous prohibited weapon is both absurd and a sure path to 10 years in prison. (unless approved for ownership by the ATF) Permission

The Constitution is out of date, badly.  It needs a complete revision.  It needs to remove the stupid 2nd Amendment and make gun ownership a privilege, not a "right".   The Constitution badly needs the kiss-of-life, to resuscitate it and bring it into line with modern society of the 21st century, not the end of the 17th.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #301 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 3:20pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 2:57pm:
Panther wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 2:55pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 2:50pm:
Panther wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 2:44pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 2:34pm:
Panther wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 2:32pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 2:22pm:
Panther wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 2:07pm:
Also, those justifiably killed by those armed citizens they were attacking, or who came to the aid of another.....etc....etc.....the number you tout in the attempt to somehow shock me (you failed)......your number would be drastically lower still, if you removed everyone other than those murdered by firearms......

Gun incidents so far this year = 11,462

Take away home invasions, defensive use, and unintentional shootings, the figure is 10,460

Good start.......But........You forgot suicides, where the victims final wishes were successful accomplished, & the shooter didn't attempt to kill anyone else but themselves. That's ±60% of all deaths by firearm each & every year according to the CDC, the DOJ, & the FBI.

I addressed that earlier.

The numbers I'm quoting don't include suicides.

"22,000 Annual Suicides not included on Daily Summary Ledger".

Ahhhhhh.......I didn't verify your source, my bad!!!

No wonder they didn't include suicides, because you aren't actually quoting firearm deaths, just firearm incidents.......So far this year this only represents 3,115 actual deaths.....

I was under the impression we were having a banner year!!!

It's only 3,115 deaths, not 11,462 deaths.......that's a whole nother kettle o fish!!

First, I didn't say 'deaths' - you did.

I said "So far this year, 11,462 incidents."

Secondly, ONLY 3,115 deaths?

It's only March!

That's 37 deaths per day.

Moreover, since you typed that message, the number has gone up to 3,116

The latest death:

"Police found a man shot to death inside a parked car in the area of the 3100 block of West Princeton Avenue, but officers believe the shooting may have happened in the area of Clinton and Valentine Avenues.

"The victim was identified as 39-year-old Gerald Wharry, 39.

"Police said the shooting may have stemmed from some type of altercation earlier in the day and described the violence as an isolated incident, but did not elaborate or comment on a specific motive."

Extrapolated out that comes to only somewhere about ± 10,000 to 13,000 firearm murders a year.....about average.....normal.

Had me concerned there for a second Wink

There's nothing normal about it.

Number of incidents is now 11,486

Up 24 since my first post.

Were ±25% into the year, so quadruple your numbers & it's like I say, close to normal......remember....I'm American.....so that's normal/average for me......you're Australian, your only used to dealing with tiny numbers, from a minuscule overall population base, & a different societal culture than I am. Most people hear abouts would struggle to know which end the bullet comes out of! ... JK.....but you know what I mean....I know....I know.....13,000 or so dead is nothing to sneeze about, or ignore, so understand I come from a society where that is kind of expected, not shocked over.

Again say it were 14,000 ....... that's only 0.0007 of 20,000,000+ deaths per year.... Sorry Greg, but Americans will never give up their Rights for that.

14,000 is only 0.07% of 20,000,000

Short of a total removal of all firearms from societies hands, there are no 'new' laws that could possibly change those percentages ..... just lower them a bit, & the price of doing that......American Freedom & Liberty......the savings is not worth losing Freedom & Liberty over ....... never.

Enforcing American Laws already on the books would have a far better chance of saving lives, but nothing short of permanently banning ALL firearms by disarming all Americans, could have a higher impact......& that dog don't hunt. Wink

Sorry Greg......America will not be saved.....it doesn't want to be.

« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2019 at 3:49pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #302 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 3:57pm

Panther wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 3:20pm:
Again say it were 14,000 ....... that's only 0.0007 of 20,000,000+ deaths per year.... Sorry Greg, but Americans will never give up their Rights for that.

You don't have to apologize - I know they'll never give up their "rights".

I'm not saying they will - I'm saying they're crazy.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #303 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:01pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 3:02pm:
As of now, 1pm Monday:

Total Number of Incidents 11,486

Number of Deaths 3,116

Number of Injuries 5,443

Number of Children (age 0-11)
Killed or Injured 120

Number of Teens (age 12-17)
Killed or Injured 520

Mass Shooting 64

It's now 2pm - one hour has passed.

Total Number of Incidents 11,503

Number of Deaths 3,118

Number of Injuries 5,456

Killed or Injured 121

Killed or Injured 520

Mass Shooting 64

Two more killed in that hour - one was an 8 year old girl.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #304 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:13pm

Panther wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 12:11pm:
rhino wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:34am:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:28am:
rhino wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:26am:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:21am:
Come on Panther,
33,000 people die every year in the USA from guns.
We don't want the same here or in NZ.
The whole of the USA has been turned into a war zone.
America has no issues Bobby while they have people like Mort armed and ready in their homes to protect the children. What they need is an armed  Mort in every school. If that doesnt work they could give the kids guns to protect themselves, clearly the 2nd amendment doesnt make any mention of having to be an adult to own a gun.

America is a sick place.
Any society where they value their guns more than their children is fundamentally sick, I agree.

Rhino.......I do sincerely hope this never, never, ever comes to pass, but if a psychopath just happened to get his/her hands on a couple of those illegal semi-automatics we all know are out there in the Australian wild,  & decided to slaughter 12 lil school children one fine day, what would you say then?.....That Australians don't care about their children because something so hideous was allowed to happen here in Australia?

Allowed, yes, because we knew that we couldn't stop them all, but we both know they are out there.....both the guns & psychopaths.......what could be said then? Luck just ran out?

Thats the whole argument, psychopaths can get their hands on as many legal automatics in the U.S. as they want, thats why there is a school shooting every 2nd day. As many school shootings there have ever been in the U.S. in  history is now many shootings there have never been in Australia. Get it? Basic logic using known facts, try it sometime. And stop lying about your American background, you are humiliating yourself.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #305 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:48pm

rhino wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:13pm:
Panther wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 12:11pm:
rhino wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:34am:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:28am:
rhino wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:26am:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:21am:
Come on Panther,
33,000 people die every year in the USA from guns.
We don't want the same here or in NZ.
The whole of the USA has been turned into a war zone.
America has no issues Bobby while they have people like Mort armed and ready in their homes to protect the children. What they need is an armed  Mort in every school. If that doesnt work they could give the kids guns to protect themselves, clearly the 2nd amendment doesnt make any mention of having to be an adult to own a gun.

America is a sick place.
Any society where they value their guns more than their children is fundamentally sick, I agree.

Rhino.......I do sincerely hope this never, never, ever comes to pass, but if a psychopath just happened to get his/her hands on a couple of those illegal semi-automatics we all know are out there in the Australian wild,  & decided to slaughter 12 lil school children one fine day, what would you say then?.....That Australians don't care about their children because something so hideous was allowed to happen here in Australia?

Allowed, yes, because we knew that we couldn't stop them all, but we both know they are out there.....both the guns & psychopaths.......what could be said then? Luck just ran out?

Thats the whole argument, psychopaths can get their hands on as many legal automatics in the U.S. as they want, thats why there is a school shooting every 2nd day. As many school shootings there have ever been in the U.S. in  history is now many shootings there have never been in Australia. Get it? Basic logic using known facts, try it sometime. And stop lying about your American background, you are humiliating yourself.

I'm an American....100%....not an Indian, but American born of 100% American Parents, who were 1st generation on my Mom's side, & 2nd generation on my Dad's. I won't lose any sleep about what you believe or don't.....for that matter anyone else.....but my Heart beats True for the Red, White, & Blue. Ole Glory......God Bless America! The best damn Country in the world bar none!!! If me & my old lady split, I'd be America bound for dinner.....Until then I will stay here, in the Land I've adopted as mine.....for as long as I damn well please. Wink

When I met my wife, & she found she couldn't live away from her family, in America, so to follow my heart I made the sacrifice.....I left mine to be with her here in her homeland of Australia, & apart from some obnoxious drunken assholes, I find Australians a fine bunch of fellows, a bit naive & immature, but all in all good people, & have made many, many friends.

So Rhino, you don't know jack squat, & anyone else for that matter, you're stuck with me for the duration.....My wife & I will have our ashes spread on the Murray some day, a place I've become fond of. Why should I care?....I'll be dead anyway, but I like that lil river spot......this way maybe Rhino will have a swim someday & get a mouth fulla me!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

So, in summary, yer people are fine.....I got no problem there, but your laws & government structure sux the ass out of a dead maggot. I will obey them not to piss anyone off that might give me grief about living here, but I will, 'till my very last breath, say what if feel about them, & argue change whenever I see fit.......don't like it.....suck wind out of a dead camels ass!

« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:53pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #306 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:44pm

If America is the best country in the whole world, why are you living in Victoria, Panther?

Why do you revile in the deaths of innocent people, men, women, children, Black, White, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, whatever?   You keep coming on here to post your bullshit, day after day.

If America is the best country in the whole damn world, why aren't you livin' the life there?  Mmmm?

Or are you just a pseudo-septic, a troll, posting from your mother's basement, where you dwell?

Tsk, tsk, such a silly fool you appear to be.  Now prove us wrong.  Prove to us you're an American citizen, 'cause if you don't, you're done here, boy.   You'll be branded a troll, the worst of the low, the worst of the Internet.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #307 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:48pm

America is what happens when you give 320 million people
320 million guns.

Surprise - they all start shooting each other!

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #308 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 12:24am

Bobby. wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:48pm:
320 million guns.

No one "gives" anyone guns - they're purchased. And we don't start shooting each other.

You don't steal the freedom from innocents because of a few psychopaths, they are the guilty ones. Unfortunately 2% of humans have this bad DNA and many of these gravitate to positions of power - politicians.

The UN's Agenda 21 is for the total removal of guns from the Worlds people - go look it up. Agenda 21 is an Orwellian nightmare.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #309 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 5:15am

Richdude wrote on Mar 26th, 2019 at 12:24am:
320 million guns.

No one "gives" anyone guns - they're purchased. And we don't start shooting each other.

You don't steal the freedom from innocents because of a few psychopaths, they are the guilty ones. Unfortunately 2% of humans have this bad DNA and many of these gravitate to positions of power - politicians.

The UN's Agenda 21 is for the total removal of guns from the Worlds people - go look it up. Agenda 21 is an Orwellian nightmare.

Americans do shoot each other to the tune of 33,000
gun deaths every year and perhaps 100,000 seriously injured and maimed.

33,000 = the equivalent of 11  Sept 11s every year
as only 3,000 people died on 911.
That is a scandal.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #310 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 7:25am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:01pm:
As of now, 1pm Monday:

Number of Deaths 3,116

Number of Injuries 5,443

Killed or Injured 120

Killed or Injured 520

Mass Shooting 64

Number of Deaths 3,118

Number of Injuries 5,456

Killed or Injured 121

Killed or Injured 520

Mass Shooting 64

What's happened overnight?

Total Number of Incidents 11,570

Number of Deaths 3,142

Number of Injuries 5,492

Killed or Injured 122

Killed or Injured1 524

Mass Shooting 64

67 more incidents.

24 more deaths, including one small child and four teenagers.

The small child was a 21 day old baby.

36 more injuries.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #311 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 7:42am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 26th, 2019 at 7:25am:
As of now, 1pm Monday:

Number of Deaths 3,116

Number of Injuries 5,443

Killed or Injured 120

Killed or Injured 520

Mass Shooting 64

Number of Deaths 3,118

Number of Injuries 5,456

Killed or Injured 121

Killed or Injured 520

Mass Shooting 64

Number of Deaths 3,142

Number of Injuries 5,492

Killed or Injured 122

Killed or Injured1 524

Mass Shooting 64

67 more incidents.

36 more injuries.

"A juvenile has been charged after shooting and killing an infant Friday night, the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office said."

"Deputies found a 21-day-old with a gunshot wound. The baby was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where it was pronounced deceased."

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #312 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 9:47am

320 million guns.

328,000,000 ....... And average between 10,000 to 13,000 murdered each year 0.004% or less than 1/2 of 1 percent.........that's got to stop...... they got to enforce the laws on the books better.....that might lower the total somewhat.

Murder is illegal.
Attempting to murder is illegal.
A felon owning a firearm is illegal.
Shooting people indiscriminately is illegal.
Using firearms in a criminal manner is illegal.

Criminals do not go through background checks when buying illegal firearms.

The gun isn't the problem, its the ones that pull the trigger that need to be held accountable when they do.  Wink

Say 15 years hard labor (no country club) for using a firearm in the commission of a crime. Parole after 15 years.

25 years to life hard labor for using a firearm in the commission of a crime a second time. Parole after 25 years.

Life at hard labor, with no possibility of parole, for using a firearm in the commission of a crime a third time.

Three Strikes Yer Out.........out of society permanently.  Wink

The crimes are already on the books, they just need to be enforced more vigorously, while leaving the law abiding gun owners alone. Wink

« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2019 at 10:00am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #313 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 9:50am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 26th, 2019 at 7:42am:
As of now, 1pm Monday:

Number of Deaths 3,116

Number of Injuries 5,443

Killed or Injured 120

Killed or Injured 520

Mass Shooting 64

Number of Deaths 3,118

Number of Injuries 5,456

Killed or Injured 121

Killed or Injured 520

Mass Shooting 64

Number of Deaths 3,142

Number of Injuries 5,492

Killed or Injured 122

Killed or Injured1 524

Mass Shooting 64

67 more incidents.

36 more injuries.

"A juvenile has been charged after shooting and killing an infant Friday night, the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office said."

"Deputies found a 21-day-old with a gunshot wound. The baby was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where it was pronounced deceased."

3,144 deaths now.

Cry

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #314 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 11:21am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 26th, 2019 at 9:50am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 26th, 2019 at 7:42am:
As of now, 1pm Monday:

Number of Deaths 3,116

Number of Injuries 5,443

Killed or Injured 120

Killed or Injured 520

Mass Shooting 64

Number of Deaths 3,118

Number of Injuries 5,456

Killed or Injured 121

Killed or Injured 520

Mass Shooting 64

Number of Deaths 3,142

Number of Injuries 5,492

Killed or Injured 122

Killed or Injured1 524

Mass Shooting 64

67 more incidents.

36 more injuries.

3,144 deaths now.

Cry

3,150 deaths now.

That went up pretty fast.

Number of very young children killed or injured = 124

Jesus, these numbers go up fast!    Shocked

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 138
Send Topic Print