Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Children Asylum Seekers on Nauru (Read 10875 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Children Asylum Seekers on Nauru
Reply #60 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 2:18pm

Frank wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 11:49pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 1st, 2019 at 9:17am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 7:21pm:
Frank wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 5:42pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 5:32pm:

Overstaying by a few weeks or months is not a big deal in the scheme of things. As a matter of fact, you are 'OK' to overstay by 28 days, no isssue.

From your own post:

"... as many as 12,000 have been here for more than 20 years."

Is 20 years okay, Frank?

I'm curious.

Not OK.

But being onshore, they have access to the legal system, at your expence, to seek endless judicial reviews.

Deportation is a lot harder than not letting them in  - the point of offshore processing. Deportation orderts are subject to endless legal appeals.  But you bastards want to spend the money on endless legal challenges to deportation orders and so you agitate for 'bringing them here'.  Because you understand nothing - or because you do understand it all too well and so want to purposefully undermine orderly and lawful immigration at every possible turn.

And here, watch Stooly Von Sore End pretend the 64,000 visa overstayers are just contesting their visas in court, so it's all good.

The correct figure would be 900 - as opposed to the 64,000 on the run and the 27 currently held on Nauru.

Quote:
People in detention in Australia. 427 arrived unlawfully by air or boat. 900 arrived lawfully but subsequently overstayed or had their visa cancelled. Source: Department of Home Affairs.
https://www.asyluminsight.com/statistics#.XIiCn8bCanM

The old boy will wriggle and squirm and do anything to avoid saying ah.

Sorry, Greggery, you can't have him. He's all mine.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Children Asylum Seekers on Nauru
Reply #61 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 2:41pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 1st, 2019 at 9:17am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 7:21pm:
Frank wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 5:42pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 5:32pm:

Overstaying by a few weeks or months is not a big deal in the scheme of things. As a matter of fact, you are 'OK' to overstay by 28 days, no isssue.

From your own post:

"... as many as 12,000 have been here for more than 20 years."

Is 20 years okay, Frank?

I'm curious.

I once met an illegal who'd been in Australia for over 20 years. She was from Mother England. She was forced to sleep with a Greek businessman who'd set her up in a flat as his mistress. She couldn't have a driver's license, open a bank account or do anything that required ID. She had none. She sometimes got cash work dying fabric.

She was in NA. Her sponsor told her she'd never progress if she didn't hand herself in and own up. She was in a toxic relationship and had the threat of being exposed constantly hanging over her head.

I last heard she was going to renew her British passport and make a run for it. Immigration officers would, of course, look for the visa in her passport, but she had a story and was going to give it a go.

I didn't hear what happened, but if she did this, she would definitely have been detained for investigation, pending deportation and a lifetime ban on entering Australia.

A big call, but imagine a future where you require a sugar daddy who can report you to authorities if you ever decide to leave the relationship (which she did).

Just another British refugee who understandably wants to get as far away from Mother as they can.

My father did the same, but in his day, they just sent you to immigration to register.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print