Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Children Asylum Seekers on Nauru (Read 10804 times)
Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Children Asylum Seekers on Nauru
Reply #15 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 2:17pm

Quote:
Children Asylum Seekers on Nauru

I am sure that I remember the Liberals telling us 5 years ago that there were no children in detention ?

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #16 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 3:02pm

Politicians of both sides are responsible for crimes against children on Manus and Nauru.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 4:14pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 3:02pm:
Politicians of both sides are responsible for crimes against children on Manus and Nauru.

I blame their parents and the corrupt Indonesians.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 4:21pm

Dnarever wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 2:17pm:
Quote:
Children Asylum Seekers on Nauru

I am sure that I remember the Liberals telling us 5 years ago that there were no children in detention ?

I remember Penny Wong wailing about them...after locking them up.  Concentration camp innit.   Cool

Happily looks like the LNP are continuing to remove them from detention and they will all be gone just in time for mandatory detention and never ever settle Labor to pack them in...again. 

It's astonishing that you clowns have the gall to even mention the LNP when it comes to the border debacle.

Still after May and the new Labor govt the collective amnesia of the progressives will set in once again.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 4:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 2nd, 2018 at 4:21pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 2nd, 2018 at 3:54pm:
I swear you people want the boats up and running again.

Do I?  Nope.  I want the Australian Government to provide Immigration Dept. officers in the Refugee Camps - as they did before Howard pulled them - to allow the Refugees to make application for Asylum overseas.   They can then fly to Australia.   A world of difference to what we presently have, hey, Hammer...

This is happening already, Bwian, we have a refugee intake of 17,500 pa.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #20 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:25pm

Frank wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 4:48pm:

Do I?  Nope.  I want the Australian Government to provide Immigration Dept. officers in the Refugee Camps - as they did before Howard pulled them - to allow the Refugees to make application for Asylum overseas.   They can then fly to Australia.   A world of difference to what we presently have, hey, Hammer...

From the countries that the Government has selected, Soren.  I want Refugees from the countries where people fear for their lives.   I want Refugees which basically self-select themselves.  Before Howard pulled the Immigration officers from Refugee camps, they were doing a good trade in granting asylum to the people who need it the most.   It worked well.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 7:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:25pm:

From the countries that the Government has selected, Soren.  I want Refugees from the countries where people fear for their lives.   I want Refugees which basically self-select themselves.  Before Howard pulled the Immigration officers from Refugee camps, they were doing a good trade in granting asylum to the people who need it the most.   It worked well.

Why prefer people who self-select over people selected by Australia?
What is the merit of cutting out the Australian say in who comes to Australia? How and why is that something you prefer to Australians deciding who comes here?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #22 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 7:26pm

Unfortunately and shamefully this is true.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #23 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 7:29pm

Frank wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 7:17pm:

What is the merit of cutting out the Australian say in who comes to Australia? How and why is that something you prefer to Australians deciding who comes here?

He is saying that they self select in the terms of their qualifying criteria being obvious, not that they choose themselves. He is saying that their situation makes it easy for Australia to make a decision in their favour.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #24 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 7:33pm

Frank wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 4:14pm:

I blame their parents and the corrupt Indonesians.

Can we blame yours for your conduct?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #25 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 8:23pm

I believe the people who are most in need should be given the greatest chance of being granted Refugee status, Soren.   I do not believe we should be choosing Refugees on the basis of their value in your eyes.   You're a Racist and a Xenophobe, Soren.  You don't want any Refugees at all.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 8:35pm

Funny how Morrison tried to smuggle these kids and their families into Adelaide in a foreign airline that has never touched down in Australia before and thought he could get away with it, now it now appears it has been going on for weeks! Not even Pyne knew about it, its all about politics, nothing to see here, not even kids on Manus.
Start the boats.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 8:45pm

Dnarever wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 7:26pm:

Unfortunately and shamefully this is true.

Oh the shame!!! Look at him! He is ashamed!!!  Cry Cry

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 8:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 8:23pm:

I believe the people who are most in need should be given the greatest chance of being granted Refugee status, Soren.   I do not believe we should be choosing Refugees on the basis of their value in your eyes.   You're a Racist and a Xenophobe, Soren.  You don't want any Refugees at all.   Roll Eyes

Refugee status is not the same as resettlement, ya thick, mail-order doktor.

Preen away,  you vain, thick old auntie.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 9:22pm

Word on the street is the Junks are half way here.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print