Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Should they retire Winx? (Read 1396 times)
Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Should they retire Winx?
Oct 27th, 2018 at 10:52pm

What an amazing stretch of wins. What an amazing horse...and a woman too! I reckon many of her human female counterparts could outrun the males just as well  Grin

But should they retire her now? I say no. Keep her going as long as she likes to run and as long as she's up there. There's nothing left to prove, Winx is an immortal in the racing world.

If they retire her soon, then we'll all be left wondering just how many G1's she could have won. I don't think that it will take anything away from her if she starts to decline with age.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Should they retire Winx?
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2018 at 10:58pm

X-ray her, take bloods etc if she healthy and happy let her race.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Re: Should they retire Winx?
Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 12:00am

I don't know exactly what a horse knows or feels, but having owned one of a very good nature, I'm sure that they sense a lot, as well as being very smart.

The way that Winx (and other great horses) stop and face the crowd before a big race tells me that they know the adoration is for them, they know what they're there to do and they like it.

I wouldn't be disappointed if her amazing record was broken because of bad luck or age, but I'd be disappointed if they retire her when she's still up to it and wants to run.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2018 at 12:59am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print