Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Australia's $17 Billion Dud Deal (Read 6496 times)
Brian Ross

Representative of me

Re: Australia's $17 Billion Dud Deal
Reply #45 - Oct 30th, 2018 at 7:10pm

Frank wrote on Oct 30th, 2018 at 6:26pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 29th, 2018 at 11:11pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 29th, 2018 at 11:07pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 29th, 2018 at 10:46pm:
By your own admission you have no military service, Bobby.  I have 10 years service.  I am well aware of our prowess in military matters.  I am also well aware that we have in the past made some monumental buggerups.  We have had great commanders, we have idiot commanders.   Like all militaries, we are a mixed bag but generally we have done reasonably well and we have never lost a war.   The Egyptians and the Iraqis were ruled by Dictators.  Dictators value loyality higher than ability.  In the ADF we value ability higher than loyalty to a single leader or political party.   We are highly unlikely to make the same sorts of mistakes that the Egyptians or the Iraqis made.    Roll Eyes

Come on Brian you've got:

a degree in Military History,

a masters degree in Defense studies,

a Doctor of Divinity degree.

10 years of military service.

You're starting to sound more and more like Walter Mitty.

My "degree in Military History" is my Masters degree, Bobby.   My major was in History and Politics.

I have a DD as well.

I also have 10 years in the Army.

What I have done is not impossible as I have done it.  You really do need to stop thinking like each thing I have done is exclusionary to me doing anything else at the same time.  Stop being so narrow minded.   It just shows how foolish you are, Bobby.   Roll Eyes

The DD is a lie or a fake, mail order one.

10 years in the army as the cymbalist.

Sorry, did you say anything of relevance, Soren?  No, it doesn't appear so.  How unsurprising.  I wonder why you bother posting, I really do.  WAFTM.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #46 - Oct 30th, 2018 at 7:48pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 30th, 2018 at 6:40pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 30th, 2018 at 4:28pm:
Hypersonic missiles are not yet developed, let alone deployed, Bobby.

Why would the PRC waste them on Australia?

The way to defeat them is the way you defeat any enemy weapon - by dispersal.

It makes it harder for the enemy to find your aircraft, your ships, your installations and destroy them.

When the Chinese have these weapons, they will be reserved first and foremost for the US Navy's ships which threaten them, not Australia and it's limited resources which constitute no threat to the PRC.

You really need to get a sense of proportion about Defence matters, Bobby.  Stop running 'round like a chook with it's head cut off.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No Brian,
you have to ask yourself -
why is an amateur war historian like Bobby beating me at this game?

Well, you aren't beating me at all, Bobby.  You're simply proving that you're as dumb as everybody says you are.   You have been shown up, time and time again, as a fool.  I would suggest that you cease being foolish and start acting as smart as you claim you are.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #47 - Oct 30th, 2018 at 8:07pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 30th, 2018 at 6:40pm:
No Brian,
you have to ask yourself -
why is an amateur war historian like Bobby beating me at this game?

You were wrong about the 6 day war -
it was a time of high tension.

You are wrong about our coming F-35 squadron of 75 jets.
I gave you a link to a proper defense paper- here again:
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=...

and there is nothing much there about making sure
that our F-35s will be safe -
they were talking about bunkers which there were proven not to work in 1991 -
Saddam lost all his air force in top of the range European bunkers.

The only way for them to be safe is underground -
very difficult in the tropics due to the tropical rainfall -
how the hell can you keep underground tunnels dry?

The F-35s will be the number 1 target of any foreign attack
and there doesn't seem to be any way of protecting them.

Brian was cheating then -
he removed my powerful arguments from my reply!
It proves I've got him.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #48 - Oct 30th, 2018 at 9:09pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 30th, 2018 at 8:07pm:
Brian was cheating then - he removed my powerful arguments from my reply!  It proves I've got him.

No, your arguments were not "powerful" in the slightest, Bobby.  I removed them because they were immaterial to the point I was making.  You are a fool and it shows.   Run along now, back to your little kiddies' playground where you can play at "War" all you like.  Always remember, Bobby, "Amateurs talk strategies, professionals talk logistics."  You have failed dismally to even consider the logistics of what you fear.   Tsk, tsk.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #49 - Oct 30th, 2018 at 10:44pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 30th, 2018 at 9:09pm:
Brian was cheating then - he removed my powerful arguments from my reply!  It proves I've got him.

No, your arguments were not "powerful" in the slightest, Bobby.  I removed them because they were immaterial to the point I was making.  You are a fool and it shows.   Run along now, back to your little kiddies' playground where you can play at "War" all you like.  Always remember, Bobby, "Amateurs talk strategies, professionals talk logistics."  You have failed dismally to even consider the logistics of what you fear.   Tsk, tsk. 

You don't even understand simple points.
I give you a fail.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #50 - Oct 30th, 2018 at 11:07pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 30th, 2018 at 10:44pm:

I give you a fail.

I really don't care what you give me, Bobby.

I have the runs on the board, you don't.  Simples really.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #51 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 5:44am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 30th, 2018 at 11:07pm:

I give you a fail.

Brian,
So far you haven't refuted anything that I've written:

Prove that tensions were not high before the 6 day war:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_the_Six-Day_War

Prove that we can defend against hypersonic missiles:

Prove that we can protect our F-35s  :
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=...

For an academic your arguments are non existent -
that's why I gave you a fail.
It appears that an amateur historian has you over a barrel.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #52 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 8:22am

Another example of dim-wit Australians thinking they can escape the British rule by running to the USA... which basically owns Britain anyway.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #53 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 10:51am

Jasin wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 8:22am:
Another example of dim-wit Australians thinking they can escape the British rule by running to the USA... which basically owns Britain anyway.

We can't defend Australia without help from the Yanks.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #54 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 11:34am

The biggest threat to Australia is the creeping encroachment of idiocy into Australian society. Anti-missile systems and F35s can't stop that.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #55 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 12:06pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 11:34am:
The biggest threat to Australia is the creeping encroachment of idiocy into Australian society. Anti-missile systems and F35s can't stop that.

Too late then......you're already here......

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #56 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 12:32pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 30th, 2018 at 11:07pm:

I give you a fail.

The chemist might be able to solve your problem.........Verbal Diarrhoea is nasty.......try mints.... Grin Grin Grin Grin

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #57 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 5:14pm

President Xi Jinping "Prepare for War"

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1540948808/0#12

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #58 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 5:22pm

Fuzzball wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 12:06pm:

Too late then......you're already here......

Apologies for my presence disrupting your idiotic existence. Are you joining the two stooges Panther and The Mechanic?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print