Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Australia's $17 Billion Dud Deal (Read 6448 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Australia's $17 Billion Dud Deal
Reply #15 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 2:40pm

Term Dog wrote on Oct 28th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
Guys grow up, we don't have big wars now, we have unarmed human waves of asylum seekers walking across borders that replace us demographically and culturally by outbreeding us and we pay them to do so.

There have been plenty of big wars in the Middle East.
The world is a dangerous place.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #16 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 3:53pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 28th, 2018 at 2:27pm:
\
Golden rule -
never underestimate your opponent -
we learnt that from Pearl Harbor.

No, the Americans learnt that.  We weren't at Pearl Harbor, Bobby.  We weren't caught by surprise by the Japanese attack at Kota Bharu.   The RAAF dropped the first bombs on the Japanese attack craft on 8 December 1941 - the same day as Pearl Harbor was attacked.

Quote:
What about the Chinese?
They are more capable that the Indonesians.

The Chinese do not represent a threat, Bobby.

Why would they attack us when we are quite willing to sell anything they want to buy from us?

They are significantly further away than Indonesia and before they could attack Australia they would need to either attack and conquer Indonesia or negotiate free passage through the archipelago.

They would need to significantly step up and change their production of landing ships, landing craft and train their large number of men in amphibious operations, Bobby.

No, China does not represent a threat to Australia - except through our alliance with the US.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #17 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 3:56pm

Guys grow up, we don't have big wars now, we have unarmed human waves of asylum seekers walking across borders that replace us demographically and culturally by outbreeding us and we pay them to do so.

I am sure that will be news to the veterans of Gulf War I, the Balkans wars, Gulf War II, the various Russian wars around their borders, Term Dog.

Your Islamophobic Xenophobia is showing.   There would be no Asylum Seekers if the West did not keep on interfering in their home countries.   Asylum Seekers represent a tiny drop in the ocean of the Australian population, they will not "outbreed" nor "replace" us.   Stop trolling please.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #18 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 11:47am

Bobby. wrote on Oct 28th, 2018 at 6:31am:
"dispersal shelters?"

Not good enough with today's weapons.
The planes need to be stored underground.

So spend billions on massive bunkers which will be easy targets for missiles, or spend far less on dispersing aircraft through a number of bases.

Leaving aside the ridiculous idea of a surprise attack by China through the waters to our north, of course.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 11:55am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 28th, 2018 at 3:56pm:

I am sure that will be news to the veterans of Gulf War I, the Balkans wars, Gulf War II, the various Russian wars around their borders, Term Dog.

Your Islamophobic Xenophobia is showing.   There would be no Asylum Seekers if the West did not keep on interfering in their home countries.   Asylum Seekers represent a tiny drop in the ocean of the Australian population, they will not "outbreed" nor "replace" us.   Stop trolling please.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Read up on military doctrine, the era of total war is over. The talk of small private armies instead of national ones is happening.

In fact there have never been less wars in human history than now.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #20 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 2:46pm

Fear not darlings. Australia will keep the duds flying with the latest Australian technology, fencing wire and duct tape.

Ozpolitic's own military genius BigHole64, airborne excreta containment expert, has stepped into the breach.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #21 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 3:42pm

Term Dog wrote on Oct 29th, 2018 at 11:55am:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 28th, 2018 at 3:56pm:

Read up on military doctrine, the era of total war is over. The talk of small private armies instead of national ones is happening.

In fact there have never been less wars in human history than now.

I have a degree in Military History.  I am well aware of "military doctrine".  The "war of the big battalions" is not over.   You are talking out of your arse if you believe that.  Asymmetric response is fashionable now.   We have fewer wars primarily because of the end of the Cold War.   The UN has brokered more peace deals in the last 30 years than it had in the previous 40 years.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #22 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 5:06pm

Stig wrote on Oct 29th, 2018 at 11:47am:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 28th, 2018 at 6:31am:
"dispersal shelters?"

Not good enough with today's weapons.
The planes need to be stored underground.

So spend billions on massive bunkers which will be easy targets for missiles, or spend far less on dispersing aircraft through a number of bases.

Leaving aside the ridiculous idea of a surprise attack by China through the waters to our north, of course.

No - not bunkers - underground storage in long tunnels
with many camouflaged entrances - some fake.
Bunkers above ground were proven useless in the 1st Gulf war.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #23 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 5:08pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 29th, 2018 at 3:42pm:
I have a degree in Military History.  I am well aware of "military doctrine".  The "war of the big battalions" is not over.   You are talking out of your arse if you believe that.  Asymmetric response is fashionable now.   We have fewer wars primarily because of the end of the Cold War.   The UN has brokered more peace deals in the last 30 years than it had in the previous 40 years.   

Brian,
A degree in Military history yet you had forgotten about the 6 day war:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War

The operation was more successful than expected, catching the Egyptians by surprise and destroying virtually all of the Egyptian Air Force on the ground, with few Israeli losses. Only four unarmed Egyptian training flights were in the air when the strike began.[63]
A total of 338 Egyptian aircraft were destroyed and 100 pilots were killed,
[64] although the number of aircraft lost by the Egyptians is disputed.[65]

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #24 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 5:50pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 29th, 2018 at 5:08pm:

Brian,

I had not forgotten it, Bobby.  I just don't put as much value on it as you appear to.  You seem quite enamored of it.  How about the Japanese attack on the Philippines?  Just as effective, perhaps even more so, it basically destroy the US Far Eastern Air Force.  It allowed the Japanese to invade the Philippines.  Should we remember those lessons as well?  How about the Japanese attack on Port Arthur in 1905 - same objective.  Pity it failed to destroy the Russian Fleet.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #25 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 5:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 29th, 2018 at 5:50pm:

Brian,

I had not forgotten it, Bobby.  I just don't put as much value on it as you appear to.  You seem quite enamored of it.  How about the Japanese attack on the Philippines?  Just as effective, perhaps even more so, it basically destroy the US Far Eastern Air Force.  It allowed the Japanese to invade the Philippines.  Should we remember those lessons as well?  How about the Japanese attack on Port Arthur in 1905 - same objective.  Pity it failed to destroy the Russian Fleet.

dear Brian,
I just want Australia to learn the lessons of history.

Imagine how terrible it would be to have 75
brand new F-35s all blown up on the ground?

The Egyptians thought they were invincible with so many top of the range fighter jets
and just look at what happened to them in a real war.

Same with Saddam in Gulf War1 in 1991.
He had his jets in useless bunkers that the Yanks blew up with
laser guided bombs.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #26 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 6:02pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 27th, 2018 at 1:11pm:
If the Chinese or Indonesians attacked us they would
destroy all of our F35s on the ground in the first hour of the war.

I bet the Chinese watch us every hour with satellites and know where everything is.

LOL Bobby you're sounding a bit paranoid these days mate.

blacks, mussos, chinese, indonesians what next...?

On a serious note I heard the other day from a tradesman that many of Geelong's youth are hooked on ice...!!!

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #27 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 6:17pm

Ajax wrote on Oct 29th, 2018 at 6:02pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 27th, 2018 at 1:11pm:
If the Chinese or Indonesians attacked us they would
destroy all of our F35s on the ground in the first hour of the war.

I bet the Chinese watch us every hour with satellites and know where everything is.

LOL Bobby you're sounding a bit paranoid these days mate.

blacks, mussos, chinese, indonesians what next...?

On a serious note I heard the other day from a tradesman that many of Geelong's youth are hooked on ice...!!!

Ice has hit Geelong.
Melbourne & its surrounds including Geelong have 8 home invasions every day.
Crime is out of control.
Daniel Andrews will lose the November elections on that one issue alone.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #28 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 6:18pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 29th, 2018 at 5:58pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 29th, 2018 at 5:50pm:

Brian,

dear Brian,
I just want Australia to learn the lessons of history.

Imagine how terrible it would be to have 75
brand new F-35s all blown up on the ground?

The Egyptians thought they were invincible with so many top of the range fighter jets
and just look at what happened to them in a real war.

Same with Saddam in Gulf War1 in 1991.
He had his jets in useless bunkers that the Yanks blew up with
laser guided bombs.

*SIGH*.  Bobby, our defence force is staffed by well trained men and women.  They know that Indonesia is a long way from Australia.  China even further.  They can read maps, look at globes, even if you cannot.  They are well aware of what any potential aggressor is capable of.  That is why we have JORN, AEW, ground based radars, observers, we disperse our aircraft, we live on a huge continent, with long distances between our air bases.   Distances that would defeat anything other than an ballistic missile.  Now, you can keep running 'round screaming that they sky is falling or you can learn from what I have been saying.  Choice is yours.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #29 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 6:47pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 29th, 2018 at 6:18pm:
*SIGH*.  Bobby, our defence force is staffed by well trained men and women.  They know that Indonesia is a long way from Australia.  China even further.  They can read maps, look at globes, even if you cannot.  They are well aware of what any potential aggressor is capable of.  That is why we have JORN, AEW, ground based radars, observers, we disperse our aircraft, we live on a huge continent, with long distances between our air bases.   Distances that would defeat anything other than an ballistic missile.  Now, you can keep running 'round screaming that they sky is falling or you can learn from what I have been saying.  Choice is yours.   Roll Eyes

I am sure the Egyptians and Saddam felt they had everything worked out too.

I don't share your naive enthusiasm for our military prowess.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print