The Jewish God (Read 13254 times)
Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Jewish God
Reply #75 - Nov 4th, 2018 at 11:36am

Ajax wrote on Nov 4th, 2018 at 11:27am:
Term Dog wrote on Nov 4th, 2018 at 11:12am:
So your saying because the universe exists the Christian Bible god exists, that's your empirical proof?

It's proof of something, you must be aware of your surroundings right.

How did this all come to be...?

How did life and all its variations come to be....?

And don't go to the big bang theory that is even a greater story than the God hypothesis, in fact the big bang theory can only work if God exists.

In Genesis its says that God made the light first (explosion) and then he made the stars.

Or that a bunch of molecules hitchhiked on an asteroid and somehow found their way to Earth and that conditions just happened to be right so life could thrive.

How can you explain it....!?

Yes the existence of the universe is proof that the universe exists. How does that prove Christian Bible god exists?

The big bang is irrelevant to your assertion that because I can walk outside and see stuff therefore Christian Bible god exists. You have made a non sequiter fallacy you need to fix.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #76 - Nov 4th, 2018 at 11:40am

Term Dog wrote on Nov 4th, 2018 at 11:36am:
So your saying because the universe exists the Christian Bible god exists, that's your empirical proof?

And don't go to the big bang theory that is even a greater story than the God hypothesis, in fact the big bang theory can only work if God exists.

In Genesis its says that God made the light first (explosion) and then he made the stars.

Or that a bunch of molecules hitchhiked on an asteroid and somehow found their way to Earth and that conditions just happened to be right so life could thrive.

Yes the existence of the universe is proof that the universe exists. How does that prove Christian Bible god exists?

The big bang is irrelevant to your assertion that because I can walk outside and see stuff therefore Christian Bible god exists. You have made a non sequiter fallacy you need to fix.

In life different organism behave and perceive life itself very differently I guess this also applies to humans as individuals as well....... Kiss Cheesy

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Nov 4th, 2018 at 7:31pm

Term Dog wrote on Nov 4th, 2018 at 10:38am:
Frank wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 4:27pm:
The_Barnacle wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 11:04am:
Frank wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 10:25am:
Silly analogy.
Nobody has experienced pink unicorns. Countless people have experienced god.

Do you have any evidence for that?
(apart from people "saying" they've experienced God)

The only evidence you have for psychological, emotional, mental events experienced by people is their saying so. Do you have any evidence that people are happy or sad, apart from people 'saying' they are happy or sad?

You can objectively measure happiness and sadness in a person with physical and chemical lab tests.  You can also directly make  brain observations with mri.

What lab measurements are there to detect God?

That is a really stupid thing to say.
Why would there be a random, no-reason chemical change in the brain?

The reductionism of all inner lives to brain chemistry and physiology is really stupid.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Nov 4th, 2018 at 7:33pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Nov 4th, 2018 at 10:27am:
Silly analogy.

The only evidence you have for psychological, emotional, mental events experienced by people is their saying so. Do you have any evidence that people are happy or sad, apart from people 'saying' they are happy or sad?

So you are saying that God is just a psychological, emotional, mental event?
I agree completely

That is another really stupid thing to say. The ultimate 'nothing-buttery'.

Do you have any personal experiences that are not psychological, emotional, mental?  Being 'you' is such an experience. Don't you exist as 'you'?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Nov 4th, 2018 at 7:38pm

Ajax wrote on Nov 4th, 2018 at 11:40am:
Term Dog wrote on Nov 4th, 2018 at 11:36am:

In life different organism behave and perceive life itself very differently I guess this also applies to humans as individuals as well....... Kiss Cheesy

Your reply is irrelevant rambling, is the cognitive dissonance getting to you?

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Nov 4th, 2018 at 7:40pm

Frank wrote on Nov 4th, 2018 at 7:31pm:
Silly analogy.

You can objectively measure happiness and sadness in a person with physical and chemical lab tests.  You can also directly make  brain observations with mri.

The reductionism of all inner lives to brain chemistry and physiology is really stupid.

No, saying things exist with zero evidence and no way to detect their existence is completely irrational.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Nov 4th, 2018 at 9:02pm

Term Dog wrote on Nov 4th, 2018 at 7:40pm:
Frank wrote on Nov 4th, 2018 at 7:31pm:
Silly analogy.

No, saying things exist with zero evidence and no way to detect their existence is completely irrational.

Ho, Humph, says you! Checkmate Atheists!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #82 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 7:04pm

Well its pretty obvious of those members who live in a small rural town, believe that their town is the all-powerful and only one in existence - not being able to accept, let alone comprehend/understand the entire continent they are a part of (and all the other towns)... and 'planet'.  Roll Eyes

Here's one for yas.  Grin

So the Moslems will do to the French
what the Germans did to the Jews.
Then the Italians will get the unarmed Moslems
and the armed Jews will get the Italians.
Then the British will have to face a 'united' Jew/Moslem nation (Istari)...

...all just a process of the 'Four' Christian nations of Europe giving up their Religious empowerments (Knowledge) that they stole from the Middle-East to colonise the world.
First Germany, then France, then Italy and finally Britain (who is the one that gets 'sacrificed'  Wink - because it's colonies 'succeeded').

Knowledge is God is Knowledge.
God is not 'Life'.
Knowledge is like the Moon (Sin) - lifeless, but an inspiration to reach by knowledgeable means (like Spacecraft). Each of the x8 Regions will 'touch the moon' in their own way. Religion has, the USA has by 'flight'... I wonder if Australia ever will in its 'own' unique way?  Wink

Life is Gaia, Mother Earth ...the Earth.

So besides throwing boring cliché sledges about my comments. How about offering up something 'better' than what I put forth? No? Didn't think so.
Maybe its because you aren't progressive?
Maybe its because you never read the last chapter of the script yet?  Tongue
Maybe you're just plain ignorant and live in a small town?

Hell.
Maybe we'll see the New Worlds of Nth America (Mormonism?), Sth America and Sahul (Australia) usher in the future Religions that liberates the Middle-East from the backwards bitter past of the Old World Religions that represented Europe, Asia & Africa?? Huh Huh Huh ... Wink in the form of Judaism, Christianity & Mohommedism.

And you think the CIA has secrets  Wink
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 7:36pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 7:04pm:
Well its pretty obvious of those members who live in a small rural town, believe that their town is the all-powerful and only one in existence - not being able to accept, let alone comprehend/understand the entire continent they are a part of (and all the other towns)... and 'planet'.  Roll Eyes

...all just a process of the 'Four' Christian nations of Europe giving up their Religious empowerments (Knowledge) that they stole from the Middle-East to colonise the world.
First Germany, then France, then Italy and finally Britain (who is the one that gets 'sacrificed'  Wink - because it's colonies 'succeeded').

God is not 'Life'.
Knowledge is like the Moon (Sin) - lifeless, but an inspiration to reach by knowledgeable means (like Spacecraft). Each of the x8 Regions will 'touch the moon' in their own way. Religion has, the USA has by 'flight'... I wonder if Australia ever will in its 'own' unique way?  Wink

So besides throwing boring cliché sledges about my comments. How about offering up something 'better' than what I put forth? No? Didn't think so.

Hell.
Maybe we'll see the New Worlds of Nth America (Mormonism?), Sth America and Sahul (Australia) usher in the future Religions that liberates the Middle-East from the backwards bitter past of the Old World Religions that represented Europe, Asia & Africa?? Huh Huh Huh ... Wink in the form of Judaism, Christianity & Mohommedism.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

HUH???????

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #84 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 8:01pm

Term Dog wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 7:36pm:

God is not 'Life'.

Hell.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

HUH???????

Not my fault you guys are still locked in the past dribbling over what is already 'known'.

Hurry up, catch up - there is a lot still 'to know'.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 8:12pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 8:01pm:
Term Dog wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 7:36pm:

God is not 'Life'.

Hell.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

HUH???????

Not my fault you guys are still locked in the past dribbling over what is already 'known'.

Hurry up, catch up - there is a lot still 'to know'.  Wink

I don't want to know shixt that makes me dumber.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #86 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 11:57pm

Ajax wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 9:10am:
Term Dog wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 9:00am:
Ajax wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 8:53am:
What about God and the holy trinity..?

Father, Son & Holy Ghost....!

Three distinct beings that are one by nature.

What about them?

Are they real?

We'll find out when we pass from this life.

I believe in God because nothing else can explain the miracle of life and our existence in the universe.

Science: I don't know, lets find out.

Religion: I don't know therfore god.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #87 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 12:00am

Quote:
God can't exist because of Eric The God-Eating Magic Penguin. Since Eric is God-Eating by definition, he has no choice but to eat God. So, if God exists, He automatically ceases to exist as a result of being eaten. Unless you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, God doesn't exist. Even if you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, that same proof will also be applicable to God. There are only two possibilities - either you can prove that Eric doesn't exist or you can't - in both cases it logically follows that God doesn't exist.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #88 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 9:18pm

Poor Term Dog.
Doesn't know 'why' the Germans did what they did to the Jews specifically.
Doesn't know 'why' Britain is stepping back (Brexiting) and leaving France out in front to face the Moslems.
Doesn't know 'why' everything is happening the way it is.
Doesn't know 'why' Religion started in the Middle-East, but is ruled by Military circumstances.
Doesn't know 'why' North America is empowered by Politics, but South America isn't.

All that Term Dog (and others mind you) know is that "Y is a crooked letter and Z is no better."  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 9:49pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 6th, 2018 at 9:18pm:
Poor Term Dog.
Doesn't know 'why' the Germans did what they did to the Jews specifically.
Doesn't know 'why' Britain is stepping back (Brexiting) and leaving France out in front to face the Moslems.
Doesn't know 'why' everything is happening the way it is.
Doesn't know 'why' Religion started in the Middle-East, but is ruled by Military circumstances.
Doesn't know 'why' North America is empowered by Politics, but South America isn't.

All that Term Dog (and others mind you) know is that "Y is a crooked letter and Z is no better."  Roll Eyes

Drugs are bad.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print