Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Re: The Jewish God
Reply #30 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 9:55pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 8:41pm:
Frank wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 5:58pm:
But remember, religion is not a matter for the mind alone but for the heart and soul.

But given that the religion a person follows is overwhelmingly decided by the family they are born into and given that there are 4,200 religions in the world "heart and soul" would seem to have very little to do with it.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #31 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 10:01pm

Seems legit.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 12:24am

Close but no cigar Frank.

Sumerians created 'writing' (inspired by 'Sinn' [moon] above) and it was used primarily for 'recording' harvests, logistics, etc.
Long after the Babylonians conquered the Sumerians, a 'family' called 'JEW' used Writing to 'immortalise' their Family Tree/Bloodline - of which they put forth Adam & Eve as their first.
It was a 'power play' that made one Family more dominant over other families and thus 'Judaism' was born.

It was nothing more than that. From which many 'stories' came about.

Now you say "Heart & Soul". Well maybe Religion is the compassion of the poor in the Middle-East, but I doubt that very much in South America... more like 'power'!

Even in Australia, where we have 2/3rds more 'paperwork' than any other nation - chances are that 'our Religion' isn't so 'heart & soul' as you think.

...but lets face it. Religion in the Northern Hemisphere is for 'breeding', in the South - its for 'Power'.

I'm sure you worked that one out right?  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 2:11am

Frank wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 5:58pm:
Jasin wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 7:28am:
Judaism, Christianity & Mohommedism are all the same with subtle differences... no different to having the Liberals, Nationals, Labour, Democrats - they are all 'Politics'.

Judaism & Christianity are like two books joined together, but the 'story' is different. Christianity & Mohommedism are two separated books, but the 'story' is the same.

same, different, same different - confused.

They are not the same in any way.

Joseph Campbell was a nice man and he wrote fascinating books and made TV series on comparative religion - but that's exactly his fatal flaw. Comparing from what perspective?

You cannot look at things from nowhere, through no-one's eyes (ie value-free observation of other people is impossible).

I suggest a much better way to decide about which religion is right and which wrong - read the best defenders of each and decide which one made the best case. For Christianity, I suggest Chesterton's Everlasting Man. For Judaism, Lord Sacks's books and essays.

But remember, religion is not a matter for the mind alone but for the heart and soul.

You didn't say who to read for Islam, dear boy.

Sir Reggie?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 2:15am

Jasin wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 12:24am:

Sumerians created 'writing' (inspired by 'Sinn' [moon] above) and it was used primarily for 'recording' harvests, logistics, etc.
Long after the Babylonians conquered the Sumerians, a 'family' called 'JEW' used Writing to 'immortalise' their Family Tree/Bloodline - of which they put forth Adam & Eve as their first.
It was a 'power play' that made one Family more dominant over other families and thus 'Judaism' was born.

In the beginning was the word, eh?

Nietzsche had fun with that one in his later years, no?

Good posting, JaSin.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 4:24pm

Now you say "Heart & Soul". Well maybe Religion is the compassion of the poor in the Middle-East, but I doubt that very much in South America... more like 'power'!

Even in Australia, where we have 2/3rds more 'paperwork' than any other nation - chances are that 'our Religion' isn't so 'heart & soul' as you think.

...but lets face it. Religion in the Northern Hemisphere is for 'breeding', in the South - its for 'Power'.

You speak as if nobody else had written down their family tree. Your little 'nothing-buttery' fails to explain why and how this particular 'family tree' has been so influential and effective in creating a civilisation that in turn created the modern world of which you are a member and a product.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #36 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:14pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 2:15am:

Ho, ho, ho,       it is to laugh, eh ?

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

"In the beginning was the Word"

One, Word.

"Universe"

Uni, means one.

Verse, means word.

Universe = one word.

And it was all just a 'co-incidence',           that human beings have come to refer to 'the everything',
with of a word, and with a basic human concept, which reduces to mean, 'one word' ?

Of course it was.        Smiley

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:26pm

Yadda wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:14pm:

One, Word.

"Universe"

Uni, means one.

Verse, means word.

Universe = one word.

And it was all just a 'co-incidence',           that human beings have come to refer to 'the everything',
with of a word, and with a basic human concept, which reduces to mean, 'one word' ?

Be inclined to believe the word if it weren't for the fact there was no word/s before humans wrote them. Some words found that were the same age as the universe would be compelling, but alas nothing.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #38 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 9:20pm

Frank wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 4:24pm:

You speak as if nobody else had written down their family tree. Your little 'nothing-buttery' fails to explain why and how this particular 'family tree' has been so influential and effective in creating a civilisation that in turn created the modern world of which you are a member and a product.

Well Frank. No-one else did 'immortalise' (because Writing set in stone lasted longer than many generations, just like cave-paintings... Der Roll Eyes) their 'Family tree'. The Jews were the first and they marketed the niche superbly. By immortalising their Family Tree (set in stone) via Writing they thus became 'Exiled' from the natural world and all its 'mortality'. They 'sold their souls' to the Written Word (GOD). As any Novelist, innovator, Musician, etc - and they will tell you that they lose a part of themselves into their creations. The Jewish Exile (the original one) is brought about (after many 'drafts') in perfection in the Story of the Fall from the 'natural' Garden (the Land, etc).
Because they were the first and 'official' they detached themselves from all others.

As for 'Modern' World - well, the Aboriginals were far more 'modern' than anyone in the Middle-East for tens of thousands of years long ago. Living in a high rise unit doesn't make you more 'civilised' than a Camper in the Bush (Syd/Mel are two good examples of 'uncivilised people').

Jews just acquired a gimmick/tool and put it to good use for their 'own' advancements and personal gains over the 'have-nots'. It was like some Family having the rights to the latest technology that takes the world by storm.

Of course, their personal Religion was manufactured and adapted over time, to meet the demands. The Power-play of dominating others (the have nots) worked.
...but then along came Jesus  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #39 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 10:21pm

Term Dog wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:26pm:
Yadda wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:14pm:

One, Word.

"Universe"

Uni, means one.

Verse, means word.

Universe = one word.

Be inclined to believe the word if it weren't for the fact there was no word/s before humans wrote them.

Term Dog,

Rubbish.

Of course there always existed,        'word/s before humans wrote them'.

They were not known or defined perhaps, as, 'words'.

But they still had 'expression' [just as 'words' do],       as ideas, and as concepts, and as hypotheses, and as suppositions.

Dictionary;
hypothesis = = a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.         a proposition made as a basis for reasoning.

Here is an idea [that is expressed in words], which conveys a concept [a serious AND an amusing concept];

a nod to someone called Soren....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1310829488/19#19
Quote:

A Jewish businessman sent his son to Israel for a year to absorb the culture.

When the son returned, he said, "Papa, I had a great time in Israel. By the way, I converted to Christianity."

"Oy vey," said the father. "What have I done?"

He took his problem to his best friend, Irving.

"Irving," he said, "I sent my son to Israel, and he came home a Christian. What can I do?"

"Funny you should ask," said Irving. "I, too, sent my son to Israel, and he also came home a Christian. Perhaps we should go see the rabbi."

So they did, and they explained their problem to the rabbi.

"Funny you should ask," said the rabbi. "I, too, sent my son to Israel, and he also came home a Christian. What is happening to our young people?"

And so they all prayed, telling the Lord about their sons.

As they finished their prayer, a voice came from the Heavens:

"Funny you should ask," said the Voice. "I, too, sent my Son to Israel ...."

And yet, many people just can't recognise the 'concept(s)', which are being conveyed in those 'words'.

Because the ideas those 'words' convey, remain incomprehensible to some minds/intellects.

Q.
Why is that ?

I am here to tell you, that Yadda has a weird mind/intellect an overactive imagination.    [laughing]

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1310829488/17#17
Quote:

Reading the bible, i believe, has 'changed my mind', in every sense of that expression!

If there is a mind, there is an idea [a 'meditation'], about those 'things' which that mind perceives.

And if there isn't,     then something is very awry.   !!!

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 2:24pm

Then there's this...

The Book of Judaism is 'oldest' - but its story is about 'youth' (fall from the Garden of youth), let alone influenced by Asia and all things about 'cities'.

The Book of Christianity is not as old, but its a story about Middle-Age, let alone influenced by Europe and its Healing/Cooking.

The Book of Mohommedism is 'youngest' - but its story is about old age and rising back into the Garden, let alone influenced by Africa and such things as the 'Land'.

So really, if one was fully Religious and totally understanding of all three Religions...

Then they would follow the Oldest Book in their Youth, convert to Christianity in their Middle-Age and then convert to the Youngest Book in their Old Age.
For that would be the TRUE PATH TO GOD.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 3:59pm

Actually as we get older we are usually less prone to believe myths and fairy tales.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 6:14pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 9:20pm:
Frank wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 4:24pm:

Well Frank. No-one else did 'immortalise' (because Writing set in stone lasted longer than many generations, just like cave-paintings... Der Roll Eyes) their 'Family tree'. The Jews were the first and they marketed the niche superbly. By immortalising their Family Tree (set in stone) via Writing they thus became 'Exiled' from the natural world and all its 'mortality'. They 'sold their souls' to the Written Word (GOD). As any Novelist, innovator, Musician, etc - and they will tell you that they lose a part of themselves into their creations. The Jewish Exile (the original one) is brought about (after many 'drafts') in perfection in the Story of the Fall from the 'natural' Garden (the Land, etc).
Because they were the first and 'official' they detached themselves from all others.

As for 'Modern' World - well, the Aboriginals were far more 'modern' than anyone in the Middle-East for tens of thousands of years long ago. Living in a high rise unit doesn't make you more 'civilised' than a Camper in the Bush (Syd/Mel are two good examples of 'uncivilised people').

Jews just acquired a gimmick/tool and put it to good use for their 'own' advancements and personal gains over the 'have-nots'. It was like some Family having the rights to the latest technology that takes the world by storm.

Of course, their personal Religion was manufactured and adapted over time, to meet the demands. The Power-play of dominating others (the have nots) worked.
...but then along came Jesus  Wink

This is a mish-mash of nonsense.  "No-one else did 'immortalise' (because Writing set in stone lasted longer than many generations, just like cave-paintings... Der Roll Eyes) their 'Family tree'."

Gilgamesh

Greek mythology

Hammurabbi

Egypt

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #43 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 6:20pm

But they were never done as 'Writing' in it's purist form, especially in the form of a 'Book' (the all purpose, carry anywhere comfortable empowering tool of status).
Pictures, glyphs and statues was as far as they progressed.

Writing. Just like what you see in front of you was like a Car replacing a horse and carriage.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #44 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 6:36pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 2nd, 2018 at 2:24pm:

Then there's this...

The Book of Judaism is 'oldest' - but its story is about 'youth' (fall from the Garden of youth), let alone influenced by Asia and all things about 'cities'.

The Book of Christianity is not as old, but its a story about Middle-Age, let alone influenced by Europe and its Healing/Cooking.

The Book of Mohommedism is 'youngest' -
but its story is about old age and rising back into the Garden

A completely nonsensical argument, from the keyboard of a person who makes no sense AT ALL, to me.

The Book of Mohommedism is 'youngest' - but its story is about old age and rising back into the Garden.......

Slaughter the infidel, and cut off their heads, and then rape their women and young girls,
....is a path to enable us to 'rise back into the Garden' ???

That       methamphetamine       you are smoking, is doing you no good at all jasin.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print