Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: The Jewish God
Reply #15 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 10:07am

Yadda wrote on Oct 27th, 2018 at 3:10pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 27th, 2018 at 11:56am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 27th, 2018 at 5:28am:
Just as invalid as the others

I was kicked out of an atheist group for saying that. Why?

Spot

Judaism, Christianity & Islam are all Abrahamic religions based on the Jewish God.

Wash out your mouth with CARBOLIC SOAP !!              Smiley

If your statement is true, why do the followers of ISLAM have an intense hatred for ZION, and for the Jewish people ?

I think this answers your question Yadda

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #16 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 8:06pm

There is only one god. It is the god created by man. And accordingly, it is pathetic.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #17 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 9:51pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 27th, 2018 at 5:10pm:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religion

Abrahamic religion

An Abrahamic religion is a religion whose followers believe in prophet Abraham and his descendants to hold an important role in human spiritual development.

The best known Abrahamic religions are Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Smaller religious traditions sometimes included as Abrahamic religions are Samaritanism, Druze, Rastafari, Yazidi, Babism, Bahá'í Faith. Mandaeism is also sometimes included as an Abrahamic religion, but this is actually inaccurate as Mandaeans believe that Abraham was a false prophet.

True Abrahamic religions are monotheistic. They also all believe that people should pray to and worship God often. Of monotheistic religions, the Abrahamic religions have the world's largest number of followers. They are also all ethical monotheistic religions meaning they have a certain set of rules that they have to follow.

If you want to believe that bobby [that ISLAM is an Abrahamic religion], that is OK.

I'm happy for you to agree that.

But there are other narratives out there.

Google;
"islam is not" "Abrahamic religion"

The best advice i can offer to you, is this;

Do your own research [i.e. go, wherever your spirit leads you], and then believe, whatever you believe.        Shocked

Hey bobby,        a lot of people want us to believe this too.    !!!

------ >

"ISLAM ES PAZ"

IMAGE.....

Everyone knows that true ISLAM, is a religion of peace.

/sarc off

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 10:09pm

Which Jewish God you guys talking about, the OT mentions multiple gods.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #19 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 5:13am

Term Dog wrote on Oct 28th, 2018 at 10:09pm:

I didnt know that. Well they are all as valid or invalid as any other religion

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #20 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 8:26am

Term Dog wrote on Oct 28th, 2018 at 10:09pm:

They, are the 'Gods of the nations'.

Those are Gods who were given [spiritual] authority over various peoples on this earth.

It is all there, in scripture, if you dig deep enough.

Those 'Gods of the nations', are other spirit entities.

They are created beings [created by YAHWEH], in the same sense that man too, is a created being.

Men would more correctly recognise the 'Gods of the nations', as DEMONS.

There is a mention of the 'Gods of the nations' in Psalms 82.

They are getting a 'dressing down', by YAHWEH.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 9:37am

That's not even close to being scripturally correct.

Is there a single Christian that has read the Bible?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #22 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 9:51am

Term Dog wrote on Oct 29th, 2018 at 9:37am:

That's not even close to being scripturally correct.

Is there a single Christian that has read the Bible?

#1, Yes it is.      The truth, is what i say it is !!      You said it is.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1540595233/5#5

#2, Yes, actually, many more than one.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 9:57am

And God said, let us make man in our image. Genesis 1:26
And the Lord God said, Behold, then man is become as one of us, to know good and evil. Genesis 3:22

Let us go down, and there confound their language. Genesis 11:7

The Old Testament God is a "god of gods" who is worshiped by the other gods..
For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords. Deuteronomy 10:17
Worship him, all ye gods. Psalm 97:7

O give thanks unto the God of gods. Psalm 136:2

No other god is like him.
Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord. Psalm 86:8
He is better than the other gods.
Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? Exodus 15:11
Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods. Exodus 18:11

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. ... Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them. Exodus 20:3-5

What God is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to thy works? Deuteronomy 3:24

Our Lord is above all gods. Psalm 135:5

The other gods will die someday.
The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens. Jeremiah 10:11
The Hebrew God judges the other gods.
And against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment. Exodus 12:12
Upon their gods also the LORD executed judgments. Numbers 33:4

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty, he judgeth among the gods. Psalm 82:1

And will punish them.
I will punish the multitude of No, and Pharaoh, and Egypt, with their gods. Jeremiah 46:25
The Lord will be terrible to them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth. Zephaniah 2:11

He is a jealous God (whose name is Jealous). So he forbids us to "go after" or worship any of his competitors.
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God. Exodus 34:14
Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you; (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you.) Deuteronomy 6:14-15

Thou shalt not ... go after other gods to serve them. Deuteronomy 28:14

If you give God glory, he'll go easy on you and all your other gods.
Ye shall give glory unto the God of Israel: peradventure he will lighten his hand from off you, and from off your gods. 1 Samuel 6:5
And go not after other gods to serve them, and to worship them, and provoke me not to anger with the works of your hands; and I will do you no hurt. Jeremiah 25:6

But you must fear God more than all the other gods.
The Lord ... is to be feared above all gods. 1 Chronicles 16:25
For the Lord ... is to be feared above all gods. Psalm 96:4

Don't sacrfifice to any of the other gods. (Or God will kill you.)
He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed. Exodus 22:20
Don't put any of the other gods before him.
Thou shalt have none other gods before me. Deuteronomy 5:7
Don't make a covenant with them.
Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods. Exodus 23:32
Don't burn incense to them.
I will utter my judgments against them ... who have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods. Jeremiah 1:16
Or even mention their names.
Make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth. Exodus 23:13
Put away your father's gods.
Fear the Lord ... and put away the gods which your fathers served. Joshua 24:14
And stay away from the god named Chemosh.
Wilt not thou possess that which Chemosh thy god giveth thee to possess? Judges 11:24
But don't revile the other gods.
Thou shalt not revile the gods. Exodus 22:28
Other people served other gods (as did Abraham's father Terah).
Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor: and they served other gods. Joshua 24:2
And a witch once saw gods going up to heaven.
And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth. 1 Samuel 28:13
Always remember that people are gods too. (Jesus used this when he was accused of making himself a god.)
I have said, Ye are gods. Psalm 82:6
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? John 10:33-34

And the three gods in heaven are really only one god. (Don't worry about this one too much. It's a mystery.)
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 1 John 5:7

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #24 - Oct 30th, 2018 at 12:17am

One of the names of God in Hebrew is Elohim.

That's plural.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 7:28am

Sorry Yadda.
But they are all right.

I suggest you read the book "The 10,000 faces of God" by the exceptional Mythologist Joseph Campbell (There is even a superb TV interview series called "The Power of Myth" just before he passed away. He studied it 'all' - like how the 'virgin birth' is a symbolic aspect of many cultures right around the world, even before Judaism was created ...by Man.

Judaism, Christianity & Mohommedism are all the same with subtle differences... no different to having the Liberals, Nationals, Labour, Democrats - they are all 'Politics'.

Judaism & Christianity are like two books joined together, but the 'story' is different. Christianity & Mohommedism are two separated books, but the 'story' is the same.

The main gist though, is that Christianity needs to be 'crucified' to unite both Islam & Israel as 'Istari' (IstarI = the 'star' between the two Pillars of God I & I ).
Germany has already broken its cross (Swaztika) and renounced Religion back to the Middle-East via the Jews.
Soon France will have to give up the 'holy ghost' back to the Moslems. Then it will be Italy's turn and finally Britain's.
Thus the 'four points' of the Christian Cross will be no more.

So, if you want to understand 'Christianity' fully ...and not just one paragraph. Then you must try to understand it 'all' and Christianity's place in the Big Picture.

God, Allah, Yalweh, Elohim, Jehovah, etc - they are all just 'faces' of the same.

But in its earliest form, long before Religion - It was those who worshipped the Sun, the Moon (Sin) or Earth (Life).
Each one had its position and role to play on the 'team'.

In a factory, there are those who just know how to run the machine they are at. While there others who understand how the whole factory works.  Wink

btw - it is Military that 'rules' Religion (in the Middle-East primarily) - not God.
  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #26 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 9:13am

@ Reply #23

Term Dog,

Thank you [truly] for compiling that list of verses in scripture, which refer to [a pre-eminent] God, and which also refer to many other 'gods'.
[that is how i parse those verses]

Nevertheless, me,      i have one God, i recognise the ONE God, the God who..."standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods."  ....the ONE God who is the solitary creator of all knowable things.

I recommend this audio file [at link below] to you,       which explains who the [plural] 'gods' are, and WHO YAHWEH IS.
[and this explanation aligns nicely with scripture, and even with ideas expressed in older Mesopotamian texts]
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1536933291/9#9

Term Dog,

A basic question.

Why can't men see God ?

I would offer; Because in this physical realm, what is [normally] apparent to men, is this physical realm,
and nothing else.

Here [in this physical realm], it is,      see, feel, touch, hear [and, within the limited range and capacity of our human senses].

But God, is a spiritual entity, and the entity which we know as 'God', resides in a spiritual realm
[aka to skeptics and atheists, as 'faerie land'       Smiley      ].

@ Reply #24

Quote:

One of the names of God in Hebrew is Elohim.

That's plural.

Raven,

To me, the word, 'elohim' means; An entity, who resides in the spirit realm.   i.e. a spiritual entity.

Think of the word 'elohim' as a 'descriptor', rather than 'a name of God'.

Yes, God, is an 'elohim', but SATAN and his angels are also elohim, plural.

Get it ?

If you want proof, i cannot prove it to you.   ....but i would encourage you to listen to the audio file [above].

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1517615488/109#109
Quote:

Setanta,

Q.
If there is a God [wink], why does God 'hide himself' from mankind ?

Q.
If a person wanted to search for [in order to 'find' and to know God],
what 'prerequisite' would that person firstly need to be in possession of, in order to have an improved chance of 'finding' him ?

Yadda said somewhere....
Quote:

IMO, atheists are people who hate truth.

Q.
What reasoning, do i apply in that statement?

A.
The possibility of (a) truth which does not comply with, and is not bounded within, their own comprehension, is offensive and unthinkable to atheists.

If you [an atheist] were to step outside on a sunny cloudless day, though you cannot see them, you would never dream of suggesting that there are no stars in the sky above your head.

Yet you [an atheist], do not have the humility to imagine that reality, is NOT bounded by the limits of your own senses and comprehension.

Go your own way.

Walk your own path.

« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2018 at 9:19am by Yadda »  

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #27 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 9:16am

Jasin wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 7:28am:

Sorry Yadda.
But they are all right.

So, if you want to understand 'Christianity' fully ...and not just one paragraph. Then you must try to understand it 'all' and Christianity's place in the Big Picture.

God, Allah, Yalweh, Elohim, Jehovah, etc - they are all just 'faces' of the same.

Thank you JaSin, for explaining your understanding of the universe to us.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 5:58pm

Jasin wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 7:28am:
Judaism, Christianity & Mohommedism are all the same with subtle differences... no different to having the Liberals, Nationals, Labour, Democrats - they are all 'Politics'.

Judaism & Christianity are like two books joined together, but the 'story' is different. Christianity & Mohommedism are two separated books, but the 'story' is the same.

same, different, same different - confused.

They are not the same in any way.

Joseph Campbell was a nice man and he wrote fascinating books and made TV series on comparative religion - but that's exactly his fatal flaw. Comparing from what perspective?

You cannot look at things from nowhere, through no-one's eyes (ie value-free observation of other people is impossible).

I suggest a much better way to decide about which religion is right and which wrong - read the best defenders of each and decide which one made the best case. For Christianity, I suggest Chesterton's Everlasting Man. For Judaism, Lord Sacks's books and essays.

But remember, religion is not a matter for the mind alone but for the heart and soul.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #29 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 8:41pm

Frank wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 5:58pm:
But remember, religion is not a matter for the mind alone but for the heart and soul.

But given that the religion a person follows is overwhelmingly decided by the family they are born into and given that there are 4,200 religions in the world "heart and soul" would seem to have very little to do with it.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print