Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Tesla model 3 conking out (Read 42746 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Tesla model 3 conking out
Reply #15 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 3:08pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Oct 27th, 2018 at 8:07am:
If a Holden had a problem would they be bothered to come and grab it and take it to a dealer and fix it for the customer........
If only other car manufacturers looked after thair clients like Tesla does Wink

Only when it was the EV-1 in which case GMC confiscated them and took them all to the crushing yard never to be seen again even though the lease holders offered to buy the cars outright Sad

http://www.ev1.org/

But if you buy a fossil fool lemon from any of these mobs you can rest assured they will not want to know you or the car if it develops major faults Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 3:30pm

juliar wrote on Oct 28th, 2018 at 9:08pm:
All the many design faults of the unsafe TESLAs will be front page when the new competitors Mercedes, Volkswagen, Jaguar, BMW etc move in with well designed thoroughly tested SAFE cars.

TESLA is DOOMED!!!!

Will one of the multi billion competitors simply buy TESLA out to get their technology which doesn't work very well ?

Or will they use the TESLA factory to learn what NOT TO DO ?

Massive quality problems with the Tesla Model 3 pile of junk:-  http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-tesla-model3-quality-20180218-sto...

And what about the Tesla 3 BRICK problem:- https://jalopnik.com/5887265/tesla-motors-devastating-design-problem

And the many flaws in the Tesla 3 including brakes that don't work:- https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2018/05/21/teslas-model-3-has...

https://icdn2.digitaltrends.com/image/tesla-model-3-totaled-5-640x427-c.jpg
And an unsafe Tesla 3 comes to a sudden stop

Would you risk your life in an unsafe Tesla gimmick "car" ?

The Brick problem link is interesting, these electric cars have to be plugged in all the time or risk an expensive battery failure.

Quote:
George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs

George Clooney didn't have the best experience with his Tesla, he told Esquire, giving the electric-car company another bit of bad press in a year of highly publicized trouble.

“I had a Tesla. I was one of the first cats with a Tesla. I think I was, like, number five on the list," Clooney told Esquire when the writer asked why he was driving a Lexus instead of Hollywood's hot ride. "But I’m telling you, I’ve been on the side of the road a while in that thing. And I said to them, ‘Look, guys, why am I always stuck on the side of the f---ing road? Make it work, one way or another.’ "

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-clooney-elon-musk-trade-655641

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 7:55am

Gee Baron you have rubbed the trolls dials in the dirt.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 9:19am

juliar wrote on Nov 2nd, 2018 at 7:55am:
Gee Baron you have rubbed the trolls dials in the dirt.

Really socko ?

The same old story about George Loony wheeled out once again. Cheesy LOL But we won't mention all of the tens of thousands of complaints made against the unreliability of fossil fool cars will we. They have created a huge industry out of the unreliability of fossil fool cars !

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #19 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 1:52pm

The brick problem  Cheesy Cheesy Grin Cheesy Cheesyjust like when a mobile phone goes complexly flat and u need to buy a new battery.... ohhh wait u don’t have to buy a new battery when something goes flat.... Cheesy Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 3:56pm

Should I be thrilled that I am the HERO of the neurotic drongos who follow me around hoping I will throw some moldy scraps their way ?

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 11:16am

you are the scraps socko Cheesy LOL

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 10:05pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Nov 2nd, 2018 at 1:52pm:
The brick problem  Cheesy Cheesy Grin Cheesy Cheesyjust like when a mobile phone goes complexly flat and u need to buy a new battery.... ohhh wait u don’t have to buy a new battery when something goes flat.... Cheesy Cheesy

The Brick problem with Tesla shows you need to buy a new battery it isn't covered by warranty.

$40,000 for a new battery if you're old one is bricked, go read the link and see what tesla are doing about it.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 10:12pm

Tesla have a 12v lead acid battery, when this battery dies you're stuffed.

Quote:
While I was in that painful stage of waiting for delivery of my Model S and reading everything I could on the forums one of the issues I ran across was a rash of 12V battery failures on the Model S that Elon even commented on in an earnings call.
The reports said that Tesla had chosen a poor vendor initially and the early Model S’s were plagued with this problem but that the problem had been resolved and was no longer an issue.

Wrong – my Model S indicated a problem after only 7 months of use (18,000 miles) and several others have reported the same.

The 12V battery maintains power for critical systems when the main battery is damaged or disabled. It powers hazard lights, airbags, door lock/unlock operation, etc. The 12V battery is also keeping electronics alive to listen to the key FOB lock/unlock and the 3G connection for remote access when the rest of the car is off. Another interesting tidbit is that if the 12v dies it will isolate the main battery pack preventing charging which is part of the Model S safety features and helps protect first responders.

Some owners are on their 3rd 12V battery already. Many others are reporting failures at the 1 year mark or even short of that like me. In ICE cars you can normally expect about 4 years of life out of your 12V battery. While it could just be “different” with the Model S where it may require a new battery every year, we’re seeing failures short of the 12 month mark which causes inconveniences to owners.

Tesla should be more upfront about these issues and let owners know what they’re doing to address the underlying problem.

I’ve started a poll over on TMC to see what kind of failure rate we’re seeing for the people that answer if you’re interested in monitoring this issue more. So far over 75% of respondents have had their 12V battery replaced. Keep in mind those most owners have had their Model S’s for less than 2 years…

http://teslaliving.net/2014/12/12/12v-battery-issues-in-the-model-s/

The Tesla is an expensive lemon.

More of the same problem here- https://www.google.com.au/search?source=hp&ei=KfbaW9G3LZDcrQGu7YCADw&q=tesla+mod...

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #24 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 11:13pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 10:12pm:

Quote:
While I was in that painful stage of waiting for delivery of my Model S and reading everything I could on the forums one of the issues I ran across was a rash of 12V battery failures on the Model S that Elon even commented on in an earnings call.
The reports said that Tesla had chosen a poor vendor initially and the early Model S’s were plagued with this problem but that the problem had been resolved and was no longer an issue.

Wrong – my Model S indicated a problem after only 7 months of use (18,000 miles) and several others have reported the same.

The 12V battery maintains power for critical systems when the main battery is damaged or disabled. It powers hazard lights, airbags, door lock/unlock operation, etc. The 12V battery is also keeping electronics alive to listen to the key FOB lock/unlock and the 3G connection for remote access when the rest of the car is off. Another interesting tidbit is that if the 12v dies it will isolate the main battery pack preventing charging which is part of the Model S safety features and helps protect first responders.

Some owners are on their 3rd 12V battery already. Many others are reporting failures at the 1 year mark or even short of that like me. In ICE cars you can normally expect about 4 years of life out of your 12V battery. While it could just be “different” with the Model S where it may require a new battery every year, we’re seeing failures short of the 12 month mark which causes inconveniences to owners.

Tesla should be more upfront about these issues and let owners know what they’re doing to address the underlying problem.

I’ve started a poll over on TMC to see what kind of failure rate we’re seeing for the people that answer if you’re interested in monitoring this issue more. So far over 75% of respondents have had their 12V battery replaced. Keep in mind those most owners have had their Model S’s for less than 2 years…

More of the same problem here- https://www.google.com.au/search?source=hp&ei=KfbaW9G3LZDcrQGu7YCADw&q=tesla+mod...

Ok love stories that r 4 years old...
So Tesla first changed the manufacturer of thair battery... then they made it that the 12 volt gets changed every year last few years they added battery. Testers so now they can accurately give owners a 2 week notice if the battery will die........ ohh and it’s not a $40,000 battery it’s a 12 volt $100 battery we r talking about here...... so if your going to give really old articles please do more research and see if Tesla have fixed the problem.... Smiley
If u look at owner forum they are on same battery that’s 4 years old and counting..... again if the worse u find about Tesla is a $100 flat battery from 4 years ago that been fixed please look harder.... Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 11:36pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 11:13pm:

Quote:

So Tesla first changed the manufacturer of thair battery... then they made it that the 12 volt gets changed every year last few years they added battery. Testers so now they can accurately give owners a 2 week notice if the battery will die........ ohh and it’s not a $40,000 battery it’s a 12 volt $100 battery we r talking about here...... so if your going to give really old articles please do more research and see if Tesla have fixed the problem.... Smiley
If u look at owner forum they are on same battery that’s 4 years old and counting..... again if the worse u find about Tesla is a $100 flat battery from 4 years ago that been fixed please look harder.... Wink

The first post in the google link is tesla forum 2018 and tesla still haven't fixed this 12v battery problem.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #26 - Nov 4th, 2018 at 7:17am

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 11:36pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 11:13pm:

Quote:

The first post in the google link is tesla forum 2018 and tesla still haven't fixed this 12v battery problem.

Ohh u mean the 1 car in April  that stopped, he rang Tesla they organized a taxi to get him where he wanted, then they picked up his car and found the 12 volt battery charger failed and they replaced it.... that one......... yes no one should buy a tesla with service like that... I mean if all car manufactures gave ppl a taxi so they wouldn’t be late for work then picked up thair car and fixed it then delivered it home, the world would be in kaos  Wink Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #27 - Nov 4th, 2018 at 8:08am

"Tesla model 3 conking out"........

Flat battery eh......or.........those AAA Energizers just doesn't hold a charge.......

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #28 - Nov 4th, 2018 at 8:19am

Fuzzball wrote on Nov 4th, 2018 at 8:08am:
"Tesla model 3 conking out"........

Flat battery eh......or.........those AAA Energizers just doesn't hold a charge.......

They r Duracell so no problems. Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Nov 4th, 2018 at 4:21pm

The Tesla 3 pile of junk is like the dumb trolls - a lemon.

Most Tesla 3's will be crushed in a junkyard. Now that springs to mind an excellent solution to the silly trolls that buzz around like annoying insects.

Ever so slightly bent Tesla 3. Reminds one of the state of the trolls' missing brains.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 23
Send Topic Print