Christian atheist. (Read 5219 times)
Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Christian atheist.
Reply #15 - Oct 27th, 2018 at 11:39am

Ajax wrote on Oct 26th, 2018 at 3:44pm:

Well I guess you cannot use the excuse "but you don't know what its like to be human" for all your sins LOL.

If we didn't have free choice on whether to believe or not we would be nothing more than lab rats..... Cry

"We have to believe in free will.
We've got no choice."

- Isaac Bashevis Singer

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 9:07pm

Term Dog wrote on Oct 27th, 2018 at 6:36am:
Raven wrote on Oct 26th, 2018 at 11:03pm:
Hi Term Dog

Christianity can be a hard concept to accept.

God impregnates a woman with himself, so she can give birth to himself, just so he can save us from the sin he gave us.

That is far out thinking.

And he didn't die for our sins, he was back up and running in 3 days. He gave up his weekend for our sins. And doesn't he make sure you know it.

And now expects us to let him in so he can save us from what he is going to do us if we we don't let him in.

He's like an abusive spouse, "I love you but look what you made me do to you. I gave up my weekend for you and this is how you treat me?"

It is such concepts that my mind rejects, I feel rejecting my own mind while I am in peak health is betraying myself.

Still I honestly feel there is something intrinsic in me (and others) that yearns for God.

My suspicion is that yearning has been exploited and corrupted by religious leaders.

I can only keep an open mind, would be a great help if the true God did something once every living generation to confirm its existence beyond doubt to everyone simultaneously. The free will to choose concept would actually be valid then. At present free will to choose is invalid and a false statement.

The fact that god doesn't show himself should tell you something. If you seek him and do not find him, it does not mean you are at fault. Perhaps there was nothing to find and freedom awaits that discovery.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #17 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 3:53pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Oct 27th, 2018 at 10:54am:
Raven wrote on Oct 26th, 2018 at 11:03pm:
Christianity can be a hard concept to accept.

God impregnates a woman with himself, so she can give birth to himself, just so he can save us from the sin he gave us.

That is far out thinking.

Lets face it. The "virgin birth" was just a lie to cover up adultery that just got way out of hand

Barny,
You better tell me that you believe in the virgin Mary.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 2:53pm

Term Dog wrote on Oct 23rd, 2018 at 6:24pm:
No matter how hard I try I can't believe in a supernatural realm hence atheist.

Like the cohesion, comfort and security within a group that religion brings and gain inspiration from many stories of Jesus and the new testament hence Christian.

Make sense?

Yes, that makes sense.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print