Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Tesla piss poor performance on racetrack (Read 20013 times)
juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Tesla piss poor performance on racetrack
Reply #105 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 4:27pm

Where's Tweedledum and Tweedledee the children's comedy troll duo ?

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #106 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 4:55pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 20th, 2018 at 11:01am:
juliar wrote on Nov 19th, 2018 at 10:30am:
Gosh the childish efforts of the troll's child's mind are rather childish in their simplicity.  Are they really a bit simple ?

You do realize this is marketed as a "performance" sedan right? That they tout the acceleration and such. I like Teslas and all but they really are lacking in certain areas.

Not really.  Check this out: http://www.caranddriver.com/features/lightning-lap-2016-results-historical-lap-t...

They're simple, the global warming religion fries their brains they believe any bullshit praising Tesla.

Dondehippy tried to claim a Tesla is quicker than a Ferrari 458 and a Porsche Cayman GT4, LMAO at these assclowns

From your link-

Quote:
Historical Lap Times

16 -2012 Ferrari 458 Italia  2:49.9

33 - 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4  2:54.0

172 -2015 Tesla Model S P85D 3:17.4

173 - 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8  3:17.4

The Tesla Model S goes around the racetrack with the same lap time as a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I totally agreewith u Baron, The Tesla S isn't good on the track... however the the Tesla3 performance in track mode as the article said , not me , is very fast and beat those 2 cars on that track Smiley
But u know that, it just sounds good to use the Tesla S as a example and not the 3 … well done again, u and Jules r much the same, well at least u respond... even though u need to insult and distort. Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #107 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 5:03pm

haha, a car that is left outside in freezing snowy weather and the door handles freeze.... wow who ever heard of that happening ?
Try Google and search freezing door handles:D Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 5:56pm

Tweedledee appears from under the floor boards to do a children's troll comedy. Tweedledee is a bit simple.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 10:41am

DonDeeHippy wrote on Nov 20th, 2018 at 5:03pm:
haha, a car that is left outside in freezing snowy weather and the door handles freeze.... wow who ever heard of that happening ?
Try Google and search freezing door handles:D Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Tesla should halt production and close down its factories now Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 11:26am

Now Tweedledum appears from under the floor boards to do a children's troll comedy. Tweedledum is a bit simple.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 5:13pm

The mother of all fires socko and it doesn't come from a Tesla car !!

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 7:18am

Tweedledum's missing malformed brain is malfunctioning because it is being overheated by Global Warming. Tweedledum is a bit simple.
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2018 at 9:29am by juliar »  

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 9:53am

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 10:33am

Looks like the Globally Warmed Tweedledum is suffering a overheated brain episode.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #115 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 9:14am

https://insideevs.com/video-tesla-model-3-performance-track-challenge/

The Model 3 has proven that it can handle the twisty track, along with having some pretty impressive acceleration. Dial it up a notch with the Performance variant and it’s considerably better. Mix in a little Track Mode and we’ve got ourselves a car that can hang with the big boys.

Ok with the New Tesla 3 Performance and their track mode, video's r finally coming through to show how good they r on the track....
Out of 7 cars they came 3rd after a Ferrari and a Skyline, the BMW M3 was 5th place as that is the car that Elon targeted to beat it's done that and easy.... If u want a sporty 4 door that's good on the track then look no further than a Sporty Tesla 3 Smiley
and yes the Tesla S is still a big car and not good on the track (just in case someone wanted to point that out)
So in just a few months Tesla have turned around their electric car and made it very fast on the track  Wink
Image what the Roadster 2 will be like (Tesla's new  Sports car they r developing now) Smiley

I am me

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 1:42am

Tweedledee soldiers on mouthing the Musky blurbing for the already superseded Teslas that conk out thru overheating long before doing a day's work.  Still basically an unsafe heap of junk. Wonder what happens when the suspension collapses and a wheel falls off ? Very common complaint with Teslas. The junk yards are full of them.

I guess the Tesla S is a long way from being a reliable track car, as this one that has been lightened by 1K lbs, with racing brakes, and tires, composite body, and still overheats after what looks like a nice easy lap and a half. 5 mile range on the track ?

https://jalopnik.com/here-s-what-happened-with-the-tesla-model-s-race-car-th-182...

In comparison it seems Jaguar engineered a bit more capability into the I-Pace right off the showroom floor

https://www.motoring.com.au/jaguar-i-pace-2019-video-review-113106/

I cannot wait to see what Porsche has for us in the Taycan...

And Jeremy quickly brings a Tesla to a smoking overheated stop.

U.K. Court dismisses Tesla’s suit against Top Gear – what’s your call?
Nick Jaynes Nick Jaynes 03.11.13 - 3:00PM PST

Tesla Roadster

Apparently Jeremy Clarkson can do whatever he wants, no matter how misleading or unfair it might be.

In 2008, Clarkson and his cohort drove a Tesla Roadster around the track at racing speeds, trying to chase the Lotus Elise the Tesla Roadster was based on. It made for an impressive video. The virtually silent all-electric Roadster went toe-to-toe with the Elise for quite a while, giving the sense that Tesla had succeeded where so many other electric car companies had failed. Tesla, it seemed, had built a fun, sporty electric sports car.

But the feeling of electric-powered euphoria didn’t last long.

The first Roadster’s batteries went flat after about 50 minutes. So Top Gear popped out a second Roadster test car. The electric motor on that one quickly overheated on the track. Then the brakes on the first, which had been charging in a garage, failed before filming could resume. These seemingly insurmountable failures resulted in an unforgettable image of the Top Gear crew being forced to push the cars off the track at the end of the video.

Tesla founder Elon Musk alleged the stunt cost Tesla $171,000 in potential sales – and filed suit. Watch the Top Gear video

A United Kingdom court of appeals just dismissed Tesla’s libel lawsuit against the BBC’s Top Gear last week saying that no “reasonable viewer” would have been tricked into thinking the Tesla Roadster’s range was less than the 200-mile estimate.

In a true show of Top Gear-style bravado, Andy Wilman, executive producer of the automotive entertainment program, said in an emailed statement: “I am pleased that the Appeal Court has upheld the previous ruling and the case has been struck out. I’d also like to apologize to the judges for making them have to watch so much Top Gear.”

Despite what the U.K.’s court system might think, there’s plenty of evidence that negative press has affected Tesla irreparably.

Just last month, New York Times reporter John M. Broder tested the Tesla Model S claiming it was incapable of achieving the advertised range. Tesla’s shares subsequently fell more than nine-percent from $39.24 to $35.58, since Feb. 8, the day the Times article was first printed, according to Bloomberg.

While we love Top Gear and the silliness the program often pulls, we agree with Tesla’s complaints. We feel the testing was unfair. Jeremy wasn’t totally off-kilter trying to compare the Telsa to a Lotus, as the two are related. But a direct comparison misses a big point: they’re still different beasts.

Electric cars are still in their infancy and can’t be driven like standard gasoline cars. Electric car buyers have to know from the outset that the technology is imperfect and will need to be treated accordingly.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/u-k-court-of-appeals-dismisses-teslas-libel-s...

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #117 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 6:11am

Yes the Tesla S is know for not being good on the track, Clarkson wrote that 11 years ago...….
The newly made S are a lot better now as Tesla continuously improve their vehicles' as they make them .
The Jag is not to bad on the Track... Its not as fast as a Tesla 3 performance however, they r even Faster than the BMW 3... long thought of as the best 4 door on a Track Wink

I am me

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 1:42pm

Poor Tweedledee has slowed as Global Warming has caused his mind to overheat.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #119 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 1:51pm

Maybe jules u can find some 20 year old stuff on how electric cars are not very fast.... might help your cause  Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Send Topic Print