Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
China reveals Hong-20 nuclear stealth bomber (Read 1540 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
China reveals Hong-20 nuclear stealth bomber
Oct 19th, 2018 at 6:03pm

Google;
China reveals Hong-20 nuclear stealth bomber

"Oct 11, 2018 - CHINA is almost ready to unleash its fearsome Hong-20 nuclear bomber. The state-of-the-art war machine can carry 20 tons of nuclear....."

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: China reveals Hong-20 nuclear stealth bomber
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 6:10pm

The Chinese - you can't trust them.

Hong-20 stealth bomber: Image via Chinese Media.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/23502/China_Reveals_Hong_20__New_gen_Stealth_Bo...

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 6:12pm

These sucks here would trust them so long as they buy their stinking coal from them Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 9:27pm

Funny it looks just like a B-2, there, Bobby.   Oh, dearie, dearie, me, more Chinese fan art it seems.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 9:29pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 19th, 2018 at 9:27pm:
Funny it looks just like a B-2, there, Bobby.   Oh, dearie, dearie, me, more Chinese fan art it seems.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Don't worry -
if the Chinese ever invade they'll be kind to women and children.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 9:35pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 19th, 2018 at 9:29pm:

Don't worry -

That's nice.  And your evidence to support that is, what exactly, Bobby?

Going to be a bit hard to invade downunder though.   We are quite a bit removed from where they dwell.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 12:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 19th, 2018 at 9:35pm:

Don't worry -

Going to be a bit hard to invade downunder though.   We are quite a bit removed from where they dwell.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Are you saying that we can defend ourselves against
a powerful country like China?
I'm curious.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #7 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 2:38pm

Funny it looks just like a B-2

Yeah, just another Chinese made, 'knock-off'.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 3:43pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 12:09pm:
[quote author=Brian_Ross link=1539936220/3#3 date=1539948431]Funny it looks just like a B-2, there, Bobby.   Oh, dearie, dearie, me, more Chinese fan art it seems.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Don't worry -

I note no evidence about "how kind" the Chinese Red Army is, Bobby.  How unsurprising.

Quote:
I'm curious.

For the PRC to constitute a viable, conventional threat to the Australian continent, it needs to be able to move a force at least four to five divisions in size to Australia's shores.  It cannot even move a single brigade that far at the moment, Bobby.

If they could move that sized force, like any potential attacker, they would need to first negotiate Indonesia and it's territorial waters to reach Australia.  Once they did that, they would then need to choose where to attack on the continent.  They could take the "short route" to Australia and attack the Top End.  They might capture Darwin but would then be faced with an nearly impossible overland march against the SE Corner of the continent where the Government, most of the population lives and where all the industry is located.  If, OTOH, they choose the "long route" and move their forces around the continent and attack the SE corner directly they could capture a large part of the population, a large part of the industrial base and perhaps even the seat of government.   In either case, their forces would be subjected to interdiction from the RAN, the RAAF and the Army.   They would lose substantial quantities of men, materiale, their logistics chain would be interrupted and they might well be defeated.   An invasion is about far more than just landing men on a beach, Bobby.  Far more.  Even if they did get ashore, they would be faced with an uncooperative population and a rudimentary traffic network.   Australia, like Russia could afford to trade space for time.

Then there are our Allies, the United States in particular.  Do you really believe they would stand by and watch the PRC move into Australia?   We are one of their oldest and most trusted allies.  It would not do their own government any good to sit by and watch that happen.   Their population would be annoyed that they wouldn't have (to them) exotic places to surf...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #9 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 3:44pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 2:38pm:

Funny it looks just like a B-2

Yeah, just another Chinese made, 'knock-off'.

Possibly but the PRC has proved they can move quickly from "knock off" to "Indigenously designed and produced", Yadda.   Bobby's photo appears to be a slightly modified one of the B-2.  I somehow doubt that the PRC would be quite so blatant in their piracy...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 3:55pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 3:43pm:
[quote author=Brian_Ross link=1539936220/3#3 date=1539948431]Funny it looks just like a B-2, there, Bobby.   Oh, dearie, dearie, me, more Chinese fan art it seems.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Don't worry -

I note no evidence about "how kind" the Chinese Red Army is, Bobby.  How unsurprising.

Quote:
I'm curious.

For the PRC to constitute a viable, conventional threat to the Australian continent, it needs to be able to move a force at least four to five divisions in size to Australia's shores.  It cannot even move a single brigade that far at the moment, Bobby.

If they could move that sized force, like any potential attacker, they would need to first negotiate Indonesia and it's territorial waters to reach Australia.  Once they did that, they would then need to choose where to attack on the continent.  They could take the "short route" to Australia and attack the Top End.  They might capture Darwin but would then be faced with an nearly impossible overland march against the SE Corner of the continent where the Government, most of the population lives and where all the industry is located.  If, OTOH, they choose the "long route" and move their forces around the continent and attack the SE corner directly they could capture a large part of the population, a large part of the industrial base and perhaps even the seat of government.   In either case, their forces would be subjected to interdiction from the RAN, the RAAF and the Army.   They would lose substantial quantities of men, materiale, their logistics chain would be interrupted and they might well be defeated.   An invasion is about far more than just landing men on a beach, Bobby.  Far more.  Even if they did get ashore, they would be faced with an uncooperative population and a rudimentary traffic network.   Australia, like Russia could afford to trade space for time.

Then there are our Allies, the United States in particular.  Do you really believe they would stand by and watch the PRC move into Australia?   We are one of their oldest and most trusted allies.  It would not do their own government any good to sit by and watch that happen.   Their population would be annoyed that they wouldn't have (to them) exotic places to surf...   Roll Eyes

I agree but I also believe that if the Chinese thought

they could get away with it, they would be here tomorrow.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 6:41pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 3:55pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 3:43pm:

Don't worry -

Quote:
I'm curious.

I agree but I also believe that if the Chinese thought they could get away with it, they would be here tomorrow.

Paranoia, Bobby.  Why would they bother when it is simply cheaper to buy what we are selling?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 6:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 6:41pm:
Paranoia, Bobby.  Why would they bother when it is simply cheaper to buy what we are selling?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

I hope you're right.

If you are we don't need those new subs or the F-35s.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 7:12pm

Why invade what they have already bought?

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 7:18pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 7:12pm:

Good point - they own just about everything.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #15 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 8:04pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 7:18pm:

No they don't, Bobby.  Stop being a Sinophobic.  I suspect you know they don't but you're just trolling.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #16 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 5:44pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 8:04pm:

No they don't, Bobby.  Stop being a Sinophobic.  I suspect you know they don't but you're just trolling.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Brian,
I deal with facts:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jun/09/refinancing-of-port-of-da...

Moves to refinance the Port of Darwin by Chinese company

Landbridge raise further concerns about the wisdom of the
99-year lease struck between the company and the NT government, a national security expert has said.

On Wednesday Fairfax reported Landbridge was seeking a loan of up to $500m from the Chinese government-owned Export-Import bank (Exim), and was putting up the port as security.

Peter Jennings, director of the Australian Strategic Policy Institute, said the use of the port as security for the loan should prompt a new assessment of the lease by the foreign investment review board (Firb), because a default could see the lease end up in the control of the Chinese government.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #17 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 10:11pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 21st, 2018 at 5:44pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 8:04pm:

Brian,
I deal with facts:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jun/09/refinancing-of-port-of-da...

Moves to refinance the Port of Darwin by Chinese company

Landbridge raise further concerns about the wisdom of the
99-year lease struck between the company and the NT government, a national security expert has said.

On Wednesday Fairfax reported Landbridge was seeking a loan of up to $500m from the Chinese government-owned Export-Import bank (Exim), and was putting up the port as security.

Peter Jennings, director of the Australian Strategic Policy Institute, said the use of the port as security for the loan should prompt a new assessment of the lease by the foreign investment review board (Firb), because a default could see the lease end up in the control of the Chinese government.

Darwin port does not qualify as "everything", Bobby,

Darwin port is tiny (in tonnage wise).  It is a minor regional port, nothing more.

The Department of Defence gave the OK to the purchase of the management of Darwin (commercial) Port at the time the Chinese purchased it.  They could see that the Chinese owning a minor,regional port was not important.

Chinese Dollars or Yuan are the same colour as everybody else's, Bobby.  Their currency does not have Slanty Eyes, nor any of the usual racist claptrap associated with it.  It is no different to US Dollars or British Pounds.   We have been quite happy to accept those currencies, despite them coming with considerably more problems than Chinese Yuan does.

Why are you in a spin about Chinese Yuan flowing into the Australian economy, Bobby?

I thought the usual complaint was Australian Dollars flowing into the Chinese economy.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #18 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 10:16pm

I find it bizarre that Australia would "sell Darwin port" to the Chinese ... but then again, the Chinese had the spanky new ASIO building in Canberra bugged from the get go ... so what's new?  Roll Eyes

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #19 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 10:37pm

Is that a selfie stick poking out just near the cockpit?

IBI

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #20 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 10:49pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Oct 21st, 2018 at 10:16pm:
I find it bizarre that Australia would "sell Darwin port" to the Chinese ... but then again, the Chinese had the spanky new ASIO building in Canberra bugged from the get go ... so what's new?  Roll Eyes

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, you've been reading Murdoch press, haven't you?

The Chinese were claimed to have stolen the plans to the new ASIO building in Canberra, not long before they finished building it.

There is no evidence that they have been any where near the building.  They more than likely just know the layout really well.   They need a physical presence to "bug" anything.  Anyway, they have their own worries.  Their Embassy was bugged when it was built.  He, he.   Cool

Of course, perhaps ASIO has built the world's biggest "honey trap" for the Chinese intelligence people to get trapped in.  Wink

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #21 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 11:12pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 21st, 2018 at 10:49pm:
Captain Nemo wrote on Oct 21st, 2018 at 10:16pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, you've been reading Murdoch press, haven't you?

The Chinese were claimed to have stolen the plans to the new ASIO building in Canberra, not long before they finished building it.

There is no evidence that they have been any where near the building.  They more than likely just know the layout really well.   They need a physical presence to "bug" anything.  Anyway, they have their own worries.  Their Embassy was bugged when it was built.  He, he.   Cool

Of course, perhaps ASIO has built the world's biggest "honey trap" for the Chinese intelligence people to get trapped in.  Wink

Murdoch press?

Oh my no ...

Try the ABC ...

China blamed after ASIO blueprints stolen in major cyber attack on Canberra HQ

Updated 28 May 2013, 7:51am

Classified blueprints of the new ASIO headquarters in Canberra have been stolen in a cyber hit believed to have been mounted by hackers in China.

The ABC's Four Corners program has discovered the plans were taken in an operation targeting a contractor involved with building the site.

The stolen blueprints included the building's security and communications systems, its floor plan, and its server locations.

Experts say the theft exposes the spy agency to being spied upon and may be a reason why construction costs have blown out enormously.

Four Corners said the attack came from a server in China, which appears to be the main suspect behind the operation.

Four Corners also found the departments of Defence, Prime Minister and Cabinet, and Foreign Affairs and Trade had all been breached in sustained hacking operations.

The Reserve Bank and the Bureau of Statistics both confirmed recently that they had been the targets of hacking attacks, which they said were unsuccessful.

PHOTO: The new ASIO building sits on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra. (ABC News)
Federal Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus has declined to say if the breach took place.

"There's a great deal of intelligence material, espionage-related material that we don't comment on," he said.

"The more that is disclosed about what's known about espionage activity in Australia or operational aspects in counter-intelligence, the more that our opponents, people who are engaging in espionage, will know about our capability and know about the methods that we have for detecting espionage or cyber threats."

The director of the Centre for Internet Safety, Alastair MacGibbon, says the Government should be more open about what has happened.

"There have been probably many breaches of Government agencies but we don't have a culture in this country of talking about it," he said.

Professor Des Ball from the Australian National University's Strategic and Defence Studies Centre has told the program the theft of the ASIO building's blueprints is particularly significant.

"Once you get those building plans you can start constructing your own wiring diagrams, where the linkages are through telephone connections, through wi-fi connections, which rooms are likely to be the ones that are used for sensitive conversations, how to surreptitiously put devices into the walls of those rooms," he said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-27/asio-blueprints-stolen-in-major-hacking-operation/4715960

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #22 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 11:16pm

Then there was:

$680m ASIO building in Canberra remains empty, one year after official opening

Updated 23 Jul 2014, 8:07pm

Staff at Australia's domestic spy agency ASIO have still not moved into their new $680 million headquarters in Canberra a year after it was officially opened.

ASIO's 1,800 staff were due to move in in September last year, but may now have to wait until the end of this year, 1.5 years behind schedule.

The five-storey building, named after former prime minister Ben Chifley, who established ASIO in 1949, has been plagued by construction delays and controversies.

Its current cost is 9 per cent above original estimates.

In 2011, a 19-year-old man spent 36 hours at the bottom of a concrete basement at the construction site after illegally entering the premises.

The man scaled a low fence and fell nine metres down a concrete basement while the site was empty on a Saturday night.

When he was found by workers on Monday morning he was taken to Canberra Hospital with severe head injuries.

In February 2012 the building had to be evacuated when about 20 glass panels fell from the main entrance and smashed to the ground.

No-one was injured but the ACT construction union said it was not told about the incident for days.

Later in October the building lost another large plate glass window.

There have been serious issues with fire-proofing the building, as well as with the air conditioning.

In May last year the construction union said close to 100 sub-contractors and suppliers had not been paid for their work at the site.

In a statement the Federal Government said the managing contractor for the project Lend Lease was responsible for dealing with each of the sub-contracts.

PHOTO: Then prime minister Kevin Rudd and attorney-general Mark Dreyfus tour the ASIO headquarters in July 2013. (AAP/Fairfax Media Pool: Andrew Meares)
The ABC's Four Corners program reported last year that the building's blueprints had been stolen in a cyber attack believed to have been mounted by hackers in China.

Then prime minister Kevin Rudd opened the new building in Canberra last July, when it was not yet complete.

"In a world of change, new threats are constantly emerging or evolving - cyber threats, terrorism at home and abroad and people smuggling," Mr Rudd said in his speech at the official opening.

"The technology-dependent world we now live in also presents more challenges and threats. Australia now operates in a world of complex systems, all vulnerable to malicious cyber activity.

"The end of the Cold War did not end the threat of espionage and terrorism. We depend on ASIO to protect our democratic freedoms, to deal with terrorism and to combat espionage."

ASIO director-general David Irvine said at the opening that staff were looking forward to moving in to the building.

"We've been spread over a number of buildings in Canberra and this is an opportunity to consolidate our facilities, our info, technology and our people all in the one place," he said.

Currently the building remains behind temporary barbed wire fences and barricades.

The ASIO building will eventually house the Australian Cyber Security Centre and will be dedicated to countering new threats.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-23/asio-building-in-canberra-remains-empty-a-year-after-opening/5618544

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #23 - Oct 22nd, 2018 at 2:18pm

Four or more years ago.

ASIO is in and quite happy with the building now.  Obviously their bugging fears have been put to bed, well and truly.

Now, about the bugging of the Chinese Embassy...  Appears this game has many players. Sometimes one is up, sometimes another is down.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print