Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
China reveals Hong-20 nuclear stealth bomber (Read 1522 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
China reveals Hong-20 nuclear stealth bomber
Oct 19th, 2018 at 6:03pm

Google;
China reveals Hong-20 nuclear stealth bomber

"Oct 11, 2018 - CHINA is almost ready to unleash its fearsome Hong-20 nuclear bomber. The state-of-the-art war machine can carry 20 tons of nuclear....."

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: China reveals Hong-20 nuclear stealth bomber
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 6:10pm

The Chinese - you can't trust them.

Hong-20 stealth bomber: Image via Chinese Media.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/23502/China_Reveals_Hong_20__New_gen_Stealth_Bo...

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 6:12pm

These sucks here would trust them so long as they buy their stinking coal from them Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 9:27pm

Funny it looks just like a B-2, there, Bobby.   Oh, dearie, dearie, me, more Chinese fan art it seems.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 9:29pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 19th, 2018 at 9:27pm:
Funny it looks just like a B-2, there, Bobby.   Oh, dearie, dearie, me, more Chinese fan art it seems.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Don't worry -
if the Chinese ever invade they'll be kind to women and children.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 9:35pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 19th, 2018 at 9:29pm:

Don't worry -

That's nice.  And your evidence to support that is, what exactly, Bobby?

Going to be a bit hard to invade downunder though.   We are quite a bit removed from where they dwell.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 12:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 19th, 2018 at 9:35pm:

Don't worry -

Going to be a bit hard to invade downunder though.   We are quite a bit removed from where they dwell.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Are you saying that we can defend ourselves against
a powerful country like China?
I'm curious.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #7 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 2:38pm

Funny it looks just like a B-2

Yeah, just another Chinese made, 'knock-off'.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 3:43pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 12:09pm:
[quote author=Brian_Ross link=1539936220/3#3 date=1539948431]Funny it looks just like a B-2, there, Bobby.   Oh, dearie, dearie, me, more Chinese fan art it seems.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Don't worry -

I note no evidence about "how kind" the Chinese Red Army is, Bobby.  How unsurprising.

Quote:
I'm curious.

For the PRC to constitute a viable, conventional threat to the Australian continent, it needs to be able to move a force at least four to five divisions in size to Australia's shores.  It cannot even move a single brigade that far at the moment, Bobby.

If they could move that sized force, like any potential attacker, they would need to first negotiate Indonesia and it's territorial waters to reach Australia.  Once they did that, they would then need to choose where to attack on the continent.  They could take the "short route" to Australia and attack the Top End.  They might capture Darwin but would then be faced with an nearly impossible overland march against the SE Corner of the continent where the Government, most of the population lives and where all the industry is located.  If, OTOH, they choose the "long route" and move their forces around the continent and attack the SE corner directly they could capture a large part of the population, a large part of the industrial base and perhaps even the seat of government.   In either case, their forces would be subjected to interdiction from the RAN, the RAAF and the Army.   They would lose substantial quantities of men, materiale, their logistics chain would be interrupted and they might well be defeated.   An invasion is about far more than just landing men on a beach, Bobby.  Far more.  Even if they did get ashore, they would be faced with an uncooperative population and a rudimentary traffic network.   Australia, like Russia could afford to trade space for time.

Then there are our Allies, the United States in particular.  Do you really believe they would stand by and watch the PRC move into Australia?   We are one of their oldest and most trusted allies.  It would not do their own government any good to sit by and watch that happen.   Their population would be annoyed that they wouldn't have (to them) exotic places to surf...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #9 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 3:44pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 2:38pm:

Funny it looks just like a B-2

Yeah, just another Chinese made, 'knock-off'.

Possibly but the PRC has proved they can move quickly from "knock off" to "Indigenously designed and produced", Yadda.   Bobby's photo appears to be a slightly modified one of the B-2.  I somehow doubt that the PRC would be quite so blatant in their piracy...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 3:55pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 3:43pm:
[quote author=Brian_Ross link=1539936220/3#3 date=1539948431]Funny it looks just like a B-2, there, Bobby.   Oh, dearie, dearie, me, more Chinese fan art it seems.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Don't worry -

I note no evidence about "how kind" the Chinese Red Army is, Bobby.  How unsurprising.

Quote:
I'm curious.

For the PRC to constitute a viable, conventional threat to the Australian continent, it needs to be able to move a force at least four to five divisions in size to Australia's shores.  It cannot even move a single brigade that far at the moment, Bobby.

If they could move that sized force, like any potential attacker, they would need to first negotiate Indonesia and it's territorial waters to reach Australia.  Once they did that, they would then need to choose where to attack on the continent.  They could take the "short route" to Australia and attack the Top End.  They might capture Darwin but would then be faced with an nearly impossible overland march against the SE Corner of the continent where the Government, most of the population lives and where all the industry is located.  If, OTOH, they choose the "long route" and move their forces around the continent and attack the SE corner directly they could capture a large part of the population, a large part of the industrial base and perhaps even the seat of government.   In either case, their forces would be subjected to interdiction from the RAN, the RAAF and the Army.   They would lose substantial quantities of men, materiale, their logistics chain would be interrupted and they might well be defeated.   An invasion is about far more than just landing men on a beach, Bobby.  Far more.  Even if they did get ashore, they would be faced with an uncooperative population and a rudimentary traffic network.   Australia, like Russia could afford to trade space for time.

Then there are our Allies, the United States in particular.  Do you really believe they would stand by and watch the PRC move into Australia?   We are one of their oldest and most trusted allies.  It would not do their own government any good to sit by and watch that happen.   Their population would be annoyed that they wouldn't have (to them) exotic places to surf...   Roll Eyes

I agree but I also believe that if the Chinese thought

they could get away with it, they would be here tomorrow.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 6:41pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 3:55pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 3:43pm:

Don't worry -

Quote:
I'm curious.

I agree but I also believe that if the Chinese thought they could get away with it, they would be here tomorrow.

Paranoia, Bobby.  Why would they bother when it is simply cheaper to buy what we are selling?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 6:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 6:41pm:
Paranoia, Bobby.  Why would they bother when it is simply cheaper to buy what we are selling?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

I hope you're right.

If you are we don't need those new subs or the F-35s.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 7:12pm

Why invade what they have already bought?

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 7:18pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 7:12pm:
Why invade what they have already bought?

Good point - they own just about everything.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print