Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
has anyone here (Read 6147 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

has anyone here
Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:42pm

has Liver problems or know of anyone who has dealt with  this...

my son in law has just received the news he has a damaged liver..  yes I would believe through drinking...not a hard drinker bu probably would have a drink every day.. give or take....he has of course been warned never to drink alcohol again...he was told had he gone on without checking his blood he would be dead within 6 years...he isnt the type of person to talk about his health.. so I am wondering if there is anything he can do other than stop drinking....which has stopped thus far but with you know what just around the corner... I am not sure how he will deal to be honest.....but either way, can he get over this does anyone know???>...

can he eat everything    I believe salt should be watched   but that all I have heard....

as I have to cook for a week for the family while they get a complete new kitchen in about 3 weeks....I wouldnt wan t to give him something thats a No No..

I know no booze in the trifle.. Smiley

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: has anyone here
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:50pm

Avoid fatty foods and sugar.

And, lose weight.

Coffee is said to be good for the liver   Undecided

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 3:02pm

I have had liver problems in the past. Not from alcohol. DO NOT DRINK. Fatty foods are not good either. vinegar not good. Dairy not so good. soy, cacao (cocoa okay), and raw kale - BAD.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 3:03pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:50pm:
Avoid fatty foods and sugar.

And, lose weight.

Coffee is said to be good for the liver   Undecided

some liver conditions make it impossible to lose weight because your liver isnt processing fats properly (or anything else).

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 3:05pm

cods wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:42pm:
has Liver problems or know of anyone who has dealt with  this...

my son in law has just received the news he has a damaged liver..  yes I would believe through drinking...not a hard drinker bu probably would have a drink every day.. give or take....he has of course been warned never to drink alcohol again...he was told had he gone on without checking his blood he would be dead within 6 years...he isnt the type of person to talk about his health.. so I am wondering if there is anything he can do other than stop drinking....which has stopped thus far but with you know what just around the corner... I am not sure how he will deal to be honest.....but either way, can he get over this does anyone know???>...

can he eat everything    I believe salt should be watched   but that all I have heard....

as I have to cook for a week for the family while they get a complete new kitchen in about 3 weeks....I wouldnt wan t to give him something thats a No No..

I know no booze in the trifle.. Smiley

Also it depends how his liver was damaged. If theres "scarring" its not as correctable or if its PBC not gunna recover. Most other liver problems are correctable.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 4:35pm

thank you   weight isnt a problem so thats a help...

when you say no fatty food   does that mean meat is off the menu.. what about fish...some of that is fatty....

I will ask if the doctor gave a name.. all I know at this time is damaged...and if left he would be dead in 6 years....so I dont think it sounds that good....

IP Logged

April_Flowers

Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 4:53pm

Is it a "fatty liver" problem?

There is a difference between fatty liver and cirrhosis of the liver ... or cancer of the liver.

Google it.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 5:08pm

April_Flowers wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 4:53pm:

There is a difference between fatty liver and cirrhosis of the liver ... or cancer of the liver.

Google it.

thank you  and yes I did.....I assume its alcohol damage  if it was cancer I think they would have said....he has not had a yellowing of the skin  but he has had rashes  on his face and the blackest rings under his eyes...which can come and go....at times he has looked 10 years older..but as he doesnt like you to hint he doesnt look well...I say nothing....

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 5:24pm

Google it.

Yet another sock likely Neferti.  Weak as piss.

IP Logged

Gordon

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 5:26pm

Sounds like he's eaten himself into his predicament. Is he overweight or insulin resistant?

He should have a break from food a couple of days a week.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/05/160509085347.htm

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 5:27pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 5:24pm:

Google it.

Yet another sock likely Neferti.  Weak as piss.

Do you really have to drop turds in every single corner of this forum?

IBI

IP Logged

April_Flowers

Reply #11 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 5:28pm

cods wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 5:08pm:

Google it.

thank you  and yes I did.....I assume its alcohol damage  if it was cancer I think they would have said....he has not had a yellowing of the skin  but he has had rashes  on his face and the blackest rings under his eyes...which can come and go....at times he has looked 10 years older..but as he doesnt like you to hint he doesnt look well...I say nothing....

As far as I am aware, the liver, rejuvenates itself if the person loses weight and cuts down the alcohol.

Has he been checked for Diabetes Type 2?  That often goes with "fatty liver".

Lose weight. The heart can't handle the stress of being over weight! Middle Age heart attacks!

I have heard people call some males a "Bear of a Man", referring to their size and, apparent, gentle behaviour.  A wild BEAR is not gentle.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 7:51pm

six months ago he was told his white platelets were going down...when he went back for more blood test  they were lower still...I would expect they looked at everything... his blood pressure was sky high..he is on meds  well half of something a day...

yes I know the liver heals itself....but not in all cases.....

I can only assume this is alcohol damage.. I will ask daughter if they gave it a name....

weight is not an issue......

would white platelets  go down if one has diabetes 1 ???......I havent heard of that.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 8:42pm

Carrot juice cleans the liver

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #14 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 5:04am

cods wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 4:35pm:
thank you   weight isnt a problem so thats a help...

when you say no fatty food   does that mean meat is off the menu.. what about fish...some of that is fatty....

I will ask if the doctor gave a name.. all I know at this time is damaged...and if left he would be dead in 6 years....so I dont think it sounds that good....

It depends on what the problem is. A little fat may be okay (and can hardly be avoided) if its not PBC or fatty liver (yes thin people can get fatty liver). Common sense is not not eat the fatty fish but normal fish is okay IMO. As long as he stays off the grog he should be able to tell what he can and cant eat. Stuff thats bad will make him feel bad. Like i said though stay away from those "superfoods" raw kale and cacao. They will really stuff around with your liver if you have a bad one.

It does sound like it can be fixed though so it may be just liver damage from drinking or it might even be one of the hepatitis.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print