Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Administrative Error (Read 225 times)
greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Administrative Error
Oct 17th, 2018 at 11:13am

Last 5 Years Of Government Was An Administrative Error, Cormann Confirms

The Coalition’s leader in the Senate, Mathias Cornmann has blamed an administrative error as the reason for the past five years of government.

Senator Cormann said the whole thing had been a mix up and admitted the Government had no idea what is was doing. “It slipped through. It shouldn’t have,” Senator Cormann explained.

“As the leader of the government in the Senate, I take responsibility for that error, and I’m sorry that that happened. It is indeed regrettable,” Cormann said.

Cormann did not explain the nature of the administrative error or why the 99 Coalition members of parliament have failed to notice it was a mistake for such a lengthy period of time.

Attorney-General Christian Porter later released a statement on the issue. “Had it been raised directly with me those issues would have been identified.”

IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Re: Administrative Error
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 11:45am

Government Accidentally Reintroduces White Australia Policy

In what is turning out to be a farcical week for the Government, the Coalition has accidentally reintroduced the White Australia policy, following an administrative error today.

It means all non-white immigration will stop immediately. Current non-white residents may also be asked to leave.

Senate leader Mathias Cormann said his party had intended to vote against the bill, but an email was accidentally sent instructing members to vote for it.

“We thought it was a motion condemning racism,” Cormann said of the bill, which included the phrase ‘The doctrine of the equality of man was never intended to apply to the equality of the Englishman and the Chinaman’.

“We have dozens of bills and motions that we have to consider. It’s unrealistic to expect that we can actually read them,” Cormann said.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print