Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The Orstrayun Defence Farce (Read 5387 times)
z

Re: The Orstrayun Defence Farce
Reply #30 - Oct 17th, 2018 at 5:40pm

Belgarion is a fictional character invented by a minor AMERICAN author in one of those obscure, depraved fantasies that are only indulged by the weak-minded.

Brian, my friend. It's nearing six o'clock, the sky is clearing, the rain easing, it promises a clear starry night and a fine day tomorrow. You seem to be somewhat over-wrought and unduly stressed, to be insisting on such precarious literary conundrums.

Why not make a cup of tea, take an aspirin, and have a nice lie down? By the morning it will all have disappeared if, as you fall asleep, you keep repeating to yourself "Fartacus does not exist! Fartacus is just a delusion! Fartacus is only a nightmare!"

Of course, I AM quite real, but there's no need for you to know that. Just go on pretending that I don't actually exist and you'll be fine!

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #31 - Oct 17th, 2018 at 6:06pm

z wrote on Oct 17th, 2018 at 5:40pm:
Belgarion is a fictional character invented by a minor AMERICAN author in one of those obscure, depraved fantasies that are only indulged by the weak-minded.

Brian, my friend. It's nearing six o'clock, the sky is clearing, the rain easing, it promises a clear starry night and a fine day tomorrow. You seem to be somewhat over-wrought and unduly stressed, to be insisting on such precarious literary conundrums.

Why not make a cup of tea, take an aspirin, and have a nice lie down? By the morning it will all have disappeared if, as you fall asleep, you keep repeating to yourself "Fartacus does not exist! Fartacus is just a delusion! Fartacus is only a nightmare!"

Of course, I AM quite real, but there's no need for you to know that. Just go on pretending that I don't actually exist and you'll be fine!

So, you in or near South Australia, do you?

Interesting.

Now, your lack of knowledge about the ADF is also enlightening.

Just keep making mistakes.   Wink

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

z

Reply #32 - Oct 17th, 2018 at 6:21pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 17th, 2018 at 6:06pm:
So, you in or near South Australia, do you?

Interesting.

Now, your lack of knowledge about the ADF is also enlightening.

Just keep making mistakes.   Wink

I've been interacting with Oz Defence Farce personnel throughout a long and difficult life. Yes, I know that you can get the Americans to get my "hidden" personal details, and you think that this will scare me off. Sorry.

Adelaide is the "Defence Hub" of the Oz military for a very good reason: it's always been the paedophile capital of Australia, and you know better than me where and how you guys get your rocks off.

Try again?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #33 - Oct 17th, 2018 at 6:43pm

dear Fartacus,

you have shown Brian a thing or two.

IP Logged

z

Reply #34 - Oct 17th, 2018 at 6:49pm

Crikey! That's EMBARRASSING.

But FUN!

Let's do it again?

> just keep making mistakes.

For anyone capable of independent rational analysis of the above, just what ARE the "mistakes" referred to in this post?

Perhaps it's the mistake of stating truths that aren't acceptable by ... well it's surely obvious that it's not the halfwits in Canberra ... it can only be those who control Oz and don't want either the pollies or the plebs enlightened.

NO CHANCE of that. ALL Ozns, by definition, have an IQ well below room temperature (and we're talking Centigrade here) so they're just grist for the mill.

But whose mill, and why are they running it?
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2018 at 7:14pm by z »  

IP Logged

z

Reply #35 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 7:01am

> the ADF is full of men and women who are honourable and have no desire to betray anybody. It is obvious you have never served.

I'll end this with the obvious questions. Why is Australia not training young people to design, build and operate the new generation of AI and autonomous weaponry? With unemployment rife, highly qualified young people forced to accept casual work in coffee shops and bars, and the whole country completely disillusioned with the complete lack of leadership, why are we paying billions of dollars to the French, of all people, to build equipment that will be out of date before it even hits the water?

True military values are those of leadership, self-reliance, and love of country, not going off to wars half way around the globe on behalf of American corporations and the oil industry. That is NOT service to ones country, but servile obedience to immensely wealthy criminals.

If the ADF expects any respect from the general public, it must demonstrate leadership, self-reliance and love of country, not servile obedience to a foreign power. The simple fact that Brian Ross has seen fit to threaten me for speaking openly about these things is proof that he is not honourable, no matter how much he has "served".

The ADF has betrayed the trust that the Australian people have put in it, and for that it can only expect well-deserved contempt.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #36 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 1:29pm

z wrote on Oct 19th, 2018 at 7:01am:
Why is Australia not training young people to design, build and operate the new generation of AI and autonomous weaponry?

Who said they weren't being trained to operate such weapons?

Australian universities and defence contractors are also developing such drones.  Do a search, wally.  You might find some knowledge for a change instead of sniffing your own farts all the time.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 1:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 19th, 2018 at 1:29pm:
Why is Australia not training young people to design, build and operate the new generation of AI and autonomous weaponry?

https://i1.wp.com/australianaviation.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/20060817r...

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/922/Xg5Tdm.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/201409/r1332433_18537701.jpg

Australian universities and defence contractors are also developing such drones.  Do a search, wally.  You might find some knowledge for a change instead of sniffing your own farts all the time.   Roll Eyes

bet you'd like to fuel that one up Brian?

IP Logged

z

Reply #38 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 1:51pm

> Do a search, wally.  You might find some knowledge for a change

I am aware of these things; but the gap between an F-18 and anything that the public comes in contact with is enormous. A big part of the ADF's problem is perception, another is lack of connection with the man in the street, and another is limited man-power.

But simply ignoring the very real issues raised above arouses distrust; denying them creates contempt, and threatening people prepared to raise and discuss them is the act of a thug.

Yes, I bet Brian would love to fuel one up. So would a lot of young fellows who will never get the chance. That you are in the privileged position of playing with the best toys for boys in the country, and sneer at anyone who criticizes you, does NOT endear you to anyone other than your mates.

Until the ADF is prepared to acknowledge these social responsibilities it will only be viewed as having betrayed the country's interests in order to enjoy its hitech toys, and quite justifiably.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #39 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 2:48pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Oct 19th, 2018 at 1:33pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 19th, 2018 at 1:29pm:

https://i1.wp.com/australianaviation.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/20060817r...

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/922/Xg5Tdm.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/201409/r1332433_18537701.jpg

bet you'd like to fuel that one up Brian?

Run along, Hammer, back to your little kiddies' playground.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #40 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 3:03pm

z wrote on Oct 19th, 2018 at 1:51pm:
> Do a search, wally.  You might find some knowledge for a change

I am aware of these things; but the gap between an F-18 and anything that the public comes in contact with is enormous. A big part of the ADF's problem is perception, another is lack of connection with the man in the street, and another is limited man-power.

You claim you know these things but you keep making factually incorrect statements.  Oh dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
But simply ignoring the very real issues raised above arouses distrust; denying them creates contempt, and threatening people prepared to raise and discuss them is the act of a thug.

Yes, I bet Brian would love to fuel one up. So would a lot of young fellows who will never get the chance. That you are in the privileged position of playing with the best toys for boys in the country, and sneer at anyone who criticizes you, does NOT endear you to anyone other than your mates.

Stop wasting our time, please with the endless insults.  They are pointless...   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Until the ADF is prepared to acknowledge these social responsibilities it will only be viewed as having betrayed the country's interests in order to enjoy its hitech toys, and quite justifiably.

The ADF is well aware of what it's responsibilities, social and military are.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

z

Reply #41 - Oct 24th, 2018 at 9:50am

« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2018 at 4:56am by z »  

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #42 - Oct 24th, 2018 at 10:11am

LOL

That's a cracker!  Grin

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

z

Reply #43 - Oct 24th, 2018 at 10:35am

« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2018 at 5:07am by z »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #44 - Oct 24th, 2018 at 3:33pm

The Steyr AUG is standard issue for the Austrian Defence Forces.  It was designed by Steyr for general military use.  The open trigger guard and push button safety catch are an Austrian design.  The open trigger guard and push button safety catch are designed to allow easy use with heavy NBC gloves.  The Steyr is not the only weapon to use either item - the Singaporean SAR-21 and the Israeli Tavor assault rifles both utilise them.  To claim that the ADF is responsible for the design of both the open trigger guard and the push button safety is laughable.

Oh, and only the military use "Sniper rifles" - which sort of qualifies Steyr as a manufacture of military kit, apart from manufacturing the Steyr AUG in all it's various forms.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print