Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What do we have here (Read 1569 times)
Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

What do we have here
Oct 15th, 2018 at 10:26am

The NSW government has just sold its controlling stake in WestConnex to Transurban. So, if Transurban does well, Goldman Sachs does well. Goldman Sachs does well regardless of how the NSW government fares too, as it reaps fees from taxpayers whatever the outcome ($16.5 million for 11 months’ work). This, for a firm which can’t even file a proper set of financial statements.

If the NSW government has sold control of Sydney’s lucrative toll-road monopolies on the cheap to Transurban – we won’t know until the roads are full of traffic – Goldman does well via its large holding of Transurban shares.

Is this monumental conflict of interest disclosed? The WestConnex project is so secretive it is hard to tell. Yet the Goldman conflict is redolent of a broader phenomenon in business and politics.

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/post-mates-state-monopoly-capitalism-fuses-government-with-big-business/

Goodness me  Sad

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: What do we have here
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 11:10am

The NSW Liberals selling out to their mates before they lose the NSW state election.

The writing's on the world for Berryalphabet.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 11:31am

Somewhere I have saved a news report about the Chinese buying an aerodrome in West Oz for one dollar

icing on the cake is that anyone flown into the Chinese aerodrome in Oz does not have to be processed, no customs, nothing

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 11:46am

Drain the NSW swamp

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 11:50am

Quote:
China's communist government could soon own an Australian airport after paying just $1 for a 100-year lease on the land.

The state-owned China Southern Airlines partially owns Merredin Aerodrome, 260 kilometres east of Perth, and has control of the runways, hangars and the control tower.

However, this Chinese government company could soon own all of the country airport less than 25 years after it secretly paid the West Australian government $1 for a 100-year lease, The Australian reports.

Entrepreneur Dick Smith, who is also a former chairman of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, said this was the first time a foreign power had owned an Australian airport.

'It is outrageous that an Aussie pilot can't go to a country airport without getting approval from the Chinese to land there,' he said.

'I've never heard of this happening anywhere.'

China's biggest airline presently owns half of Merredin Aerodrome and may soon own the entire airport, despite recently shutting down its pilot training school because of safety concerns.

Anyone wishing to land at this airport must obtain permission from China Southern

LINK

Another article with dozens of comments:
LINK

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 11:58am

Wait one -- first they sell off the roads and claim it's all in the public interest, and the money will roll in because the people, via the State government, holds the controlling share... and thus cannot lose on the deal... allegedly it was a 'win-win' with billions pouring into the coffers while still retaining the majority and controlling shareholdings.

Am I right??

So now we have the last ditch bid to sell of the controlling shareholding before the inevitable collapse of this 'government' next election.

So now the 'good deal for NSW' is having no controlling shareholding and copping a few little bits of cash here while foregoing yet another opportunity for never-ending revenue.

Am I right?

What is the state to do for ongoing revenue without any shareholding?

What's next on the list?

If I were Luke Folly, I'd make a clear statement right here and now that any such deals will be immediately and unilaterally repudiated once the government changes hands....

Time for the revolution, folks...

Nothing but a pack of thieves and liars in Macquarie Street - and you can bet there's a juicy little earner waiting for Gladys and Co once they are ejector seated out of politics by the people... and you can bet some of these thieves already own 'shares' in these 'privatised ventures'....

What this nation lacks is a well-trained and dedicated assassination team......

Must get back to writing Austrochine soon..... that's a basic theme.... art reflecting what life should be........ Grin  Undecided

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 12:04pm

If I were Luke Folly, I'd make a clear statement right here and now that any such deals will be immediately and unilaterally repudiated once the government changes hands....

If he did, he'd be removed

they all cow-tow to the same masters and sell their soul long before they even get a look-in at running

They're all the same gang, posing as two separate and different political parties

Foly would have signed away his soul, signed in his kids' blood, long ago.  As they all do

and I would not give a rat's about that

except they signed in our blood too, and our kids, grandkids, etc

we're just beef on the hoof

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 12:15pm

We need to start a NSW Citizens Party to drain the swamp and bring power back to the people
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2018 at 12:23pm by Bias_2012 »  

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 12:46pm

PZ547 wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 12:04pm:

If he did, he'd be removed

they all cow-tow to the same masters and sell their soul long before they even get a look-in at running

They're all the same gang, posing as two separate and different political parties

Foly would have signed away his soul, signed in his kids' blood, long ago.  As they all do

and I would not give a rat's about that

except they signed in our blood too, and our kids, grandkids, etc

we're just beef on the hoof

Totally agree - they're all privateers now and all globalists - and they guide the nation and the state on behalf of the cattle in the fields, known as the electorate...

Time for the revolution...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #9 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 7:32am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 11:58am:

I doubt he'd complain when his party did the exact same thing

Quote:
Transurban and KordaMentha, the receiver for the Lane Cove Tunnel, today announced they have reached an agreement that will see Transurban acquire Sydney’s Lane Cove Tunnel for $630.5 million.

The 3.6 kilometre Lane Cove Tunnel is a key link in the Sydney orbital network that sits adjacent to the Hills M2, which is wholly owned by Transurban. KordaMentha partners, Martin Madden and David Merryweather, confirmed the agreement had been reached with Transurban.

Martin Madden said: “Goldman Sachs JBWere conducted a thorough sale process on our behalf and we are pleased with the competitive response from the market.”

Transurban CEO, Chris Lynch, said: “This is a great outcome for Transurban and our security holders. 

There is clear strategic value in expanding our interests on the Sydney Orbital Network, given our existing ownership stakes in four of the assets on the network.

“The Lane Cove Tunnel is a critical link in the Sydney orbital network, serving the transport needs of Sydney’s fast‐growing North West corridor.

“Transurban is the natural owner of the Lane Cove Tunnel and we believe the asset fits extremely well within our portfolio of prime toll roads.”

Transurban and KordaMentha will now commence a consent process with the RTA.  Completion of the sale process is expected to take place within the next three months.

https://www.transurban.com/news/transurban-announced-as-acquirer-of-lane-cove-tunnel

Except in Labor's case they removed 4 out of the 6 lanes on Epping Rd to force people onto the motorway which they then sold off.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #10 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 12:06pm

why the hell is ICAC not on to this??

Wait I think I know the answer - corrupt libs took the 'I' out of 'ICAC'  Roll Eyes

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print