Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: I got the sac today
Reply #60 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:21pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 6:27pm:
miketrees wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 6:22pm:
I checked with my lawyer.

Not much can be done.

I would not do a thing legal wise unless I had an iron clad guarantee.

It appears in Australia the boss can arse rape you inside 6 months with no fear of retribution.

There could be something under general protections but I have not got the will to go through that stuff.

I know the boss lied and cheated, I know he has a huge problem just around the corner.

I feel so good being out of there and I have applied for some interesting jobs.

Just going to get my money before I light any fire tho.

I will keep you posted.

Grab what you can then, when that's over, report him to the Union for safety breaches, you were safety officer, they will listen to you. Don't let others be victims to his greed over the welfare of his workers.

It was good to see cods on the Union's side for once.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

I am on mikes side....or any worker whos sacked.....unfairly......good luck mike with your next adventure..

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:26pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:11pm:
#walkaway.........

stop wasting your time and effort... it'll only make you negative as Ascoot as said..

Winning or being honest does not make one feel bad, walking away with one's tail between one's legs makes one feel bad. Do you tuck your tail and run when you are treated badly?

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #62 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:31pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:00pm:
Fuzzball wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 8:57pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 7:29pm:
Fuzzball wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 7:09pm:
Before taking any action, you might want to keep in mind a future employer's HR would no doubt ask why you left your previous employer. Casting a shadow over your last position may very well preclude you from being successful elsewhere.......?

Think carefully, six months is barely a probationary period, and keyboard 'experts' don't have to find another job in your field of expertise.......

Seriously? He's already been sacked. What he does after is irrelevant. Put it into the hands of the Union and let them deal with the safety issues so no-one is put at risk.

What he does after is VERY relevant to him and his family, you may not give a cr@p about his future, but I'm sure he does.

As I said, keyboard experts are not in your situation. At the end of the day, it's you who has to support your family, not them.

Don't you think you should explain your position then Fuzz? You're not another "boss" that want's to intimidate not only workers but ex-workers are you?

What is the problem in revealing the truth? Should one be persecuted for it?

If you find it complicated, I really can't help you. No I am not a boss trying to "intimidate" anybody, you sell Mike short if you think he can be " intimidated" on a forum. He's had the matter looked at with no doubt a full explanation to the lawyer, why would you think you know better?

He was in the position for a very short period of time, he needs to collect monies outstanding and move on. His future relies on satisfactory references, why would you advise him to jeopardise future employment opportunities by making a BIGGER enemy of this arsehole of a boss ?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:33pm

cods wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:21pm:
I am on mikes side....or any worker whos sacked.....unfairly......good luck mike with your next adventure..

Without the Unions you pay out on, he/we would be cat meat left out in the open.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:40pm

Fuzzball wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:31pm:
If you find it complicated, I really can't help you. No I am not a boss trying to "intimidate" anybody, you sell Mike short if you think he can be " intimidated" on a forum. He's had the matter looked at with no doubt a full explanation to the lawyer, why would you think you know better?

He was in the position for a very short period of time, he needs to collect monies outstanding and move on. His future relies on satisfactory references, why would you advise him to jeopardise future employment opportunities by making a BIGGER enemy of this arsehole of a boss ?

That's not my point at all. He was according to himself sacked for his not bowing to the boss and writing an honest safety report, as was his job. If that is the case, advising him to pull his head in is piss weak. It should be reported and acted upon. Other workers will suffer at some point because of it. Whether they are work visa holders or not is irrelevant. If what Mike has told us over time is true, the boss needs the Union to come down hard on his arse and make sure he is doing the right thing.

Mike could do as you advise and leave people in danger and not give a rat's but I would never want someone like that to have my back.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #65 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:45pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:40pm:

That's not my point at all. He was according to himself sacked for his not bowing to the boss and writing an honest safety report, as was his job. If that is the case, advising him to pull his head in is piss weak. It should be reported and acted upon. Other workers will suffer at some point because of it. Whether they are work visa holders or not is irrelevant. If what Mike has told us over time is true, the boss needs the Union to come down hard on his arse and make sure he is doing the right thing.

Mike could do as you advise and leave people in danger and not give a rat's but I would never want someone like that to have my back.

You're a f#####g Saint..........with another man's future.........how are you with your own?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:49pm

Fuzzball wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:45pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:40pm:

You're a f#####g Saint..........with another man's future.........how are you with your own?

A saint? Another man's future? I'm not ordering him to do anything and he has no obligation to listen to me. You are telling him to STFU and wear it, I'm saying he should not. Why are you playing with his future?
With my own what?

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #67 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:53pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 11:42am:
Was it to take the offer?

No. I know a woman, an attorney, who once worked for the insurance industry (doing their dirty work) and she told me not to take it, that they were low-balling me and just wanted to get rid of me. And she referred me to a personal injury lawyer.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:58pm

Xeej and Fuzz

There goes another
Impeccable principals
Don't sit on my six

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 10:08pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:58pm:
Xeej and Fuzz

There goes another
Impeccable principals
Don't sit on my six

What do you mean.
I wouldn't promote unfair work practices.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 10:16pm

Johnnie wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 10:08pm:
Xeej and Fuzz

There goes another
Impeccable principals
Don't sit on my six

What do you mean.

That's a good start my man, look a it from both sides. No-one should be exploited. Do unto others....

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 10:24pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 10:16pm:
Xeej and Fuzz

There goes another
Impeccable principals
Don't sit on my six

What do you mean.

That's a good start my man, look a it from both sides. No-one should be exploited. Do unto others....

I'm not your man.
If there are any unfair practices going on then report it to the relative authorities.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #72 - Oct 12th, 2018 at 12:17am

Johnnie wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 10:24pm:
Xeej and Fuzz

There goes another
Impeccable principals
Don't sit on my six

What do you mean.

I'm not your man.
If there are any unfair practices going on then report it to the relative authorities.

Hmm - the theory of relative authorities... as you approach the speed of political speak, reality and truth contract, and while the outside world continues in the same time and space,  the political speaker and/or paid lackey, will suffer time and reality distortion, thus creating an inescapable divide between the speaker/authority and the audience, and any principal principles will be lost due to reality displacement.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Oct 12th, 2018 at 1:03am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 12th, 2018 at 12:17am:
Xeej and Fuzz

There goes another
Impeccable principals
Don't sit on my six

What do you mean.

I'm not your man.

Hmm - the theory of relative authorities... as you approach the speed of political speak, reality and truth contract, and while the outside world continues in the same time and space,  the political speaker and/or paid lackey, will suffer time and reality distortion, thus creating an inescapable divide between the speaker/authority and the audience, and any principal principles will be lost due to reality displacement.

I know what you are saying but in the real world we have to keep pace.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Oct 12th, 2018 at 8:29am

Johnnie wrote on Oct 12th, 2018 at 1:03am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 12th, 2018 at 12:17am:
Xeej and Fuzz

There goes another
Impeccable principals
Don't sit on my six

What do you mean.

I'm not your man.

I know what you are saying but in the real world we have to keep pace.

seriously!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print