Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Canberra we have a PROBLEM (Read 10359 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Canberra we have a PROBLEM
Reply #30 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:38am

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:11am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:08am:
Gnads wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:43am:
Aussie wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 4:58pm:
That is appalling cods.  I agree with the writer of that article.  All we ever see dealt with in a committed way is violence perpetrated by non white arseholes and we ignore the violence committed by the white arseholes.  No votes in that I guess.

That's the biggest load of bollocks you've come up with yet.

You're slip is showing.

Aussie - I support(ed) your right to ask the pertinent questions about this - but until you nobody mentioned anything about colour....

Let it go...... and as you said, how is it 'DV' when the gardener stalks etc?  The only domestic relationship between them is he is employed to garden... in theory, anyway.

Perhaps women need training in who to consort with.... all this 'women's lib' nonsense and sexual freedom etc is costing their lives...

That's one option.

Orrrrr, men could be taught to NOT rape & kill women   Undecided

Just throwin' it out there.

Show me how... nobody has yet tried to answer the question I raised earlier - how do you propose to stop such things happening???

Emotive ranting will not help, and the only result will be more and more draconian rules against men on the faintest suspicion, leading to an escalating level of violence involved in DV from ALL sides.... but primarily the responsibility of those seeking to impose order by using violence against one group.

Do you know how many men are assaulted by police and then courts when the current handling is carried forward, and police (etc) respond massively to any whinge from any woman for any reason and hit at the man?  That is violence, son - and totally unwarranted in well over 90% of cases - and once police go down that path, they dump all over the man involved in every way they can to protect their own arses.

What exactly do you imagine that leads to?  You cannot resolve the issues of violence by exercising violence.... DUH - and this kind of emotive nonsense put about is just a hand-up to the incoming Labor government of women to put more and more violence against men into the equation - leading to a predictable result.... more and more deaths on all sides.  Roll Eyes

The current laws (non-laws) are flawed and the current handling is flawed .... and please, let's stay clear of proven nut cases flinging kids off bridges.... or random attacks on the streets.... when you have the answer to those things, keep it in context.

And do try to keep DV and non-DV incidents separate...

nut_hunt.png (2 KB | 19 )
nut_hunt.png

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:46am

Captain Caveman wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 9:23am:
Some men and women are born aggressors. Society will not change the biological make up. They will kill or maim without concern but they are a very small minority imo ie. the stalker that is alleged to have killed the mother beside her kid.

But in a DV case I'd bet 99% of them regret killing the woman....but at the time they lashed out in rage. This lashing out can be from a multitude of things. The inner psych is a strange thing and can make people do strange things.
What is not being considered is the added pressure of life in the modern world. The brain has no time to relax or shut down...... that is why we chase the fix/vice or what I call the mask, be it alcohol, drugs or both.
There is no inner peace being practiced by a lot of people. Instead they become drug addicts or alcoholics. Why? It could be work, financial, personal or all of it combined. So when this is happening it is easy to just lash out in anger or rage. They're unhappy and festering into physical violence.

DV is a tough subject. There are always 2 sides as well. Yeah the woman/man died (and that is not okay btw) but what lead up to this? I mean, when they met the bloke/woman didn't kill that night. They lived a life together that obviously was making one or the other unhappy with no communication, or better still, reasoning to get by. Most men just say "yes dear" to keep the woman happy instead of actually saying how they feel. This could be fear of losing their material items. Then when it's the other way the woman closes up and no love is shown.....I've been there. No sex, vacant feelings. Uncertainty. Basically living separate lives in a broken relationship. Now the stress starts to kick in and your mind makes up all sorts of senarios as to what the other is up too. It goes for both sides...not just the male.
So now the anger starts to fester. They may have an affair seeking refuge and comfort from a 3rd party. They may turn to drugs or alcohol. Everyone is different....but what we all have in common is inner peace.

Women in abusive relationships tend to live in fear. Fear of the man....fear of leaving. They fear their safety if they leave yet what they are living in is an unsafe environment. Who do they turn to? The situation is embarrassing. Their life seems to be failing. How did they get here. Why did they let it go so long. All of these questions with no reasonable answer. I know of men that have lived with abusive women. Same thing.

I will say that in a separation the law is def favored to the woman. I've seen men cleaned out of most of their financial belongings. Even their super if she's a real bitch. I haven't heard much of the other way around though.  It may happen but no where near as much.

Then throw a kid into the mix and he is going to be slaughtered by the gov for child support. That is a cruel organisation becuase if you have debt before the break up...they don't care. If you work more hrs to cover the costs then next tax return you pay more...so then you work more to cover it agian...then next tax you pay more. I'd believe that this may be the cause of some of those men flipping out and killing the woman, the kids and sometimes himself. Child support is evil and our gov is not listening.

Peace.

Sadly, all that you say is true... and the current war between women and men (initiator listed first in majority of cases) created by 'government' for its own ends - namely giving to its SS the 'right' to remove legal firearms from households and the 'right' to intrude into normal lives of normal people without proper reason (responding to any silly complaint and having that supported 1000% by 'courts') is the root cause of the escalating and never-ending violence and increasing deaths.

Emotive and smarmy though it may sound and feel - totally supporting women in any whine to the detriment of men in every way, including those you describe above, is the problem and not the solution.

I've cited to you before how the sister of a highly-placed person in NSW, through the DVAS, went after me after I married someone else and had nothing to do with that first for ages... the DVAS went after this relentlessly - it was the early days and they were typically trying to expand the approach and meaning of 'apprehended violence' to mean anything the woman wanted (hello, fools) - and even my lawyer said that the DVAS lawyer was insane...

For the conspiracy theorists - this followed very quickly after I lodged one of two dissenting opinions with the NSW Law Reform Commission, in its mindless pursuit of its current vogue of 'domestic violence 'laws'.  Every warning I gave in that submission has come true and is now getting worse.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:47am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:38am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:11am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:08am:
Gnads wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:43am:
Aussie wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 4:58pm:
That is appalling cods.  I agree with the writer of that article.  All we ever see dealt with in a committed way is violence perpetrated by non white arseholes and we ignore the violence committed by the white arseholes.  No votes in that I guess.

That's the biggest load of bollocks you've come up with yet.

You're slip is showing.

Aussie - I support(ed) your right to ask the pertinent questions about this - but until you nobody mentioned anything about colour....

Let it go...... and as you said, how is it 'DV' when the gardener stalks etc?  The only domestic relationship between them is he is employed to garden... in theory, anyway.

Perhaps women need training in who to consort with.... all this 'women's lib' nonsense and sexual freedom etc is costing their lives...

That's one option.

Orrrrr, men could be taught to NOT rape & kill women   Undecided

Just throwin' it out there.

Show me how... nobody has yet tried to answer the question I raised earlier - how do you propose to stop such things happening???

Emotive ranting will not help, and the only result will be more and more draconian rules against men on the faintest suspicion, leading to an escalating level of violence involved in DV from ALL sides.... but primarily the responsibility of those seeking to impose order by using violence against one group.

Do you know how many men are assaulted by police and then courts when the current handling is carried forward, and police (etc) respond massively to any whinge from any woman for any reason and hit at the man?  That is violence, son - and totally unwarranted in well over 90% of cases - and once police go down that path, they dump all over the man involved in every way they can to protect their own arses.

What exactly do you imagine that leads to?  You cannot resolve the issues of violence by exercising violence.... DUH - and this kind of emotive nonsense put about is just a hand-up to the incoming Labor government of women to put more and more violence against men into the equation - leading to a predictable result.... more and more deaths on all sides.  Roll Eyes

The current laws (non-laws) are flawed and the current handling is flawed .... and please, let's stay clear of proven nut cases flinging kids off bridges.... or random attacks on the streets.... when you have the answer to those things, keep it in context.

And do try to keep DV and non-DV incidents separate...

Well for me, I just don't rape and/or murder.

It's really not that difficult.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:53am

Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 7:33pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
cods wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 6:13pm:
get a life aussie....you want to split hairs  go somewhere else..

I am not splitting hairs cods.  I am tired of sob sister man bashing and putting it down to something called domestic violence.  It is what it is....six women murdered in one week, and that is what Government needs to address and drill down into.  "DV" simplistic sob sisters do not help.

Mothra will probably take you to task for that. Can you post the outcome here?

If you want her opinion, you know where to find it.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:58am

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:47am:

So you advocate that all other men - obviously a lower breed - should be taught not to rape and murder?

Rape is THE lowest incidence non-lethal crime and murder even lower  - tell me your solution.....

Demonise all men except your group, who are obviously above suspicion..

That's what it sounds like, Grigor... classical elitist nonsense.... if I want that kind of thinking, I need only look at Pauline Hanson.... 'I'm a self-made business woman who did it all myself, and all you unemployed etc out there are just leaners!'

― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:02am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:58am:

So you advocate that all other men - obviously a lower breed - should be taught not to rape and murder?

Rape is THE lowest incidence non-lethal crime and murder even lower  - tell me your solution.....

That's what it sounds like, Grigor... classical elitist nonsense.... if I want that kind of thinking, I need only look at Pauline Hanson.... 'I'm a self-made business woman who did it all myself, and all you unemployed etc out there are just leaners!'

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's mainly the men who are doing all the raping and killing, isn't it?

Nobody had to teach me not to rape and murder, by the way - it's just not something I've ever considered doing.

I don't know, I'm just funny like that.

« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:09am by greggerypeccary »  

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:05am

youre sort of right grappler.

the problem needs to be seen as not a zero sum gain or loss.

you cant punish men without also punishing women
because the lefties sort of have it wrong.

the battle of the sexes is a marxist construct because the marxists see everything in terms of the oppressor and the oppressed.

this was seen by marx as economic oppression by the wealthy but the post modern marxists sees every interaction as a power play and men and women neccessarily trying to get the upper hand.
and the more powerful is always seen as oppressing the less powerful.
so a man and a women fighting is seen as oppressor and oppressed.
and the oppressor is assumed to be in the wrong...always. 

now the truth is probably not that men and women have been in the oppressor/oppressed role for 1000's of years.
go back 200 years and both men and women had it pretty rough and they worked together to try to mitigate the harshness.

men in wars in european history had pretty gruesome deaths.
women in childbirth similarly.
men in coal mines had it pretty rough in dickens days
women in cotton mills the same.

so men and women have a history that is much more about support and working together.
until the post modern marxists applied their one size fits all and determined that the patriachy was a hierachy of oppression (not competance) and that tearing down the patriachy would liberate women.

liberate them to what exactly?
working some crap job in retail , chronic poverty and single motherhood of kids they cant control?
womens lib worked very nicely for the female uni intellectual.
not so well for the working class

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #37 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:10am

She owned a fish and chip shop.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:10am

aquascoot wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:25am:
thoughtful post captain.

a couple of things.

alcohol, drugs , junk food are just the easy way to put a band aid on pain.
doesnt work long term.
Agreed. That's why I call it a "mask". The problem is still there untill you deal with it.

the female / male dynamic is very difficult to come to terms with because people , in a consumer society, come at the problem from the frame of 'what can i get'.
so the man might want sex, the woman might want gifts.
its the same problem faced in the workplace.
the employer asks what can i get
the employee asks what can i get.
Absolutely. We are now programed this way so big buisiness gets all of our money. Keeping up with the jones' instead of living to our means. The look at me persona highlighted daily in social media ie Facebook. People posting their lives online for what? A stupid "like". Really? And if they don't get the likes etc they try harder. Troubling to say the least imo

even although religions are deeply troubled by superstition and dogma, there is a reason why the underlying mythology developed.
Fear. Fear that you will be punished forever.
And control. Control over the financial and economic development of nations. One of the richest mafias in the world the catholic church with an evil underlying agenda. But people believe, again seeking answers for what is without realising what is. The world can't form on its own. God made it. Unable to acceptany other way.

the modern scientific thinker believes he is very superior to the modern religious thinker.
but is that true.
creatiinist v evelutionist theories. I know people that believe the world is 5000yrs old. I call it crazy but they believe it and are happy with that. I am an evolutionist. 

is the development of nuclear weapons (a scientific achievement) a good thing?
Hell no! But again, programing the masses to believe it is....just in case we're attacked webhave a last resort.  Ask japan if nuclear weapons are a good thing.

religion has been with us , in a darwinian sense since we became conscious.
and our underlying biology dates back millions of years.
the human psychological function...to find an answer and when one is to difficult to find....make one up. Again just accepting something iswhat it is will not suffice

we have only been materialist and scientific for 200 years.

and WW1, WW2, the destruction of the environment, potential nuclear holocaust....well, its pretty dammed arrogant to be feeling too good about ourselves.
this is true. Environmental distruction is out of my reach. I will never stop it so I have to learn to live in it. Make the best from a bad situation. In the end nature WILL win. Feeling good is something that must come from within ones self. Not looking at what everyone is contributing too. We are minions. We have no choice. If the big powers decide to drop a nuke then us minions will not be able to stop it. When one family has enough money to feed every human in the world....but chooses not too that is not something to be feeling good about. But living healthy, going about your buisiness for the betterment of your children in the environment you're given.....and succeeding is something to feel good about. And not being greedy is also very rewarding on the inner pshyc.

the deep philosophers (jung, nietchze ) looked at these things from a much more grounded basis.

i'd read some Jung, if i was you.

Jung for instance, has a lot to say about the roles of the masculine and the feminine which reflect our long long darwinian evolution.

this was all tossed aside in 1960 for some weird experiment we are currently seeing played out (a type of gender equality)
the chances that this experiment will end well, in my estimation is zero
We are rats in a cage. I believe with all the GM foods etc that we are mutating so to speak. Will it be good? I'm not able to see the future. But given that most of our fruit now has no seeds then in the end we will have to rely on big brother for most fruit and veg no matter what. That means buying seeds, buying animals etc etc. How many urban dwelling humans can catch, kill and prepare their own food? Not many at all amd those that can are frowned upon by some. 
In years to come we will not be able to produce our own fruit and veg like we can now. Scary stuff considering 100yrs ago we had too to survive.

Bit off topic so apologiesto the OP.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #39 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:12am

Captain Caveman wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:10am:
thoughtful post captain.

a couple of things.

doesnt work long term.
Agreed. That's why I call it a "mask". The problem is still there untill you deal with it.

the female / male dynamic is very difficult to come to terms with because people , in a consumer society, come at the problem from the frame of 'what can i get'.
Absolutely. We are now programed this way so big buisiness gets all of our money. Keeping up with the jones' instead of living to our means. The look at me persona highlighted daily in social media ie Facebook. People posting their lives online for what? A stupid "like". Really? And if they don't get the likes etc they try harder. Troubling to say the least imo

even although religions are deeply troubled by superstition and dogma, there is a reason why the underlying mythology developed.
And control. Control over the financial and economic development of nations. One of the richest mafias in the world the catholic church with an evil underlying agenda. But people believe, again seeking answers for what is without realising what is. The world can't form on its own. God made it. Unable to acceptany other way.

the modern scientific thinker believes he is very superior to the modern religious thinker.
but is that true.
creatiinist v evelutionist theories. I know people that believe the world is 5000yrs old. I call it crazy but they believe it and are happy with that. I am an evolutionist. 

Hell no! But again, programing the masses to believe it is....just in case we're attacked webhave a last resort.  Ask japan if nuclear weapons are a good thing.

the human psychological function...to find an answer and when one is to difficult to find....make one up. Again just accepting something iswhat it is will not suffice

and WW1, WW2, the destruction of the environment, potential nuclear holocaust....well, its pretty dammed arrogant to be feeling too good about ourselves.
this is true. Environmental distruction is out of my reach. I will never stop it so I have to learn to live in it. Make the best from a bad situation. In the end nature WILL win. Feeling good is something that must come from within ones self. Not looking at what everyone is contributing too. We are minions. We have no choice. If the big powers decide to drop a nuke then us minions will not be able to stop it. When one family has enough money to feed every human in the world....but chooses not too that is not something to be feeling good about. But living healthy, going about your buisiness for the betterment of your children in the environment you're given.....and succeeding is something to feel good about. And not being greedy is also very rewarding on the inner pshyc.

the deep philosophers (jung, nietchze ) looked at these things from a much more grounded basis.

Jung for instance, has a lot to say about the roles of the masculine and the feminine which reflect our long long darwinian evolution.

this was all tossed aside in 1960 for some weird experiment we are currently seeing played out (a type of gender equality)
We are rats in a cage. I believe with all the GM foods etc that we are mutating so to speak. Will it be good? I'm not able to see the future. But given that most of our fruit now has no seeds then in the end we will have to rely on big brother for most fruit and veg no matter what. That means buying seeds, buying animals etc etc. How many urban dwelling humans can catch, kill and prepare their own food? Not many at all amd those that can are frowned upon by some. 
In years to come we will not be able to produce our own fruit and veg like we can now. Scary stuff considering 100yrs ago we had too to survive.

I believe with all the GM foods etc that we are mutating so to speak.

Let that one just sink in for a bit.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:24am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:12am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:10am:
thoughtful post captain.

a couple of things.

doesnt work long term.

but is that true.

I believe with all the GM foods etc that we are mutating so to speak.

Let that one just sink in for a bit.

Why?

Please elaborate.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #41 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:28am

Captain Caveman wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:24am:
Why?

Please elaborate.

Easy, its BS.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:30am

aquascoot wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:05am:
the battle of the sexes is a marxist construct because the marxists see everything in terms of the oppressor and the oppressed.

Ah.

And here's me thinking it was invented by FM radio stations.

D'oh!   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:30am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:10am:

And still views those without work as a lesser breed....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #44 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:31am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:30am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:10am:

And still views those without work as a lesser breed....

Ironic really isn't it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Send Topic Print