Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Canberra we have a PROBLEM (Read 10366 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Canberra we have a PROBLEM
Reply #15 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 6:39pm

cods wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 6:13pm:
get a life aussie....you want to split hairs  go somewhere else..

I am not splitting hairs cods.  I am tired of sob sister man bashing and putting it down to something called domestic violence.  It is what it is....six women murdered in one week, and that is what Government needs to address and drill down into.  "DV" simplistic sob sisters do not help.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 7:33pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
cods wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 6:13pm:
get a life aussie....you want to split hairs  go somewhere else..

I am not splitting hairs cods.  I am tired of sob sister man bashing and putting it down to something called domestic violence.  It is what it is....six women murdered in one week, and that is what Government needs to address and drill down into.  "DV" simplistic sob sisters do not help.

Mothra will probably take you to task for that. Can you post the outcome here?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 8:56pm

Wait one - so in every incident where a suspect has been found and there is evidence - the suspect has been arrested, charged and is awaiting trial.....

Investigations are ongoing into the remainder.....

What exactly do you propose as a pre-emptive measure, cods?

Just take a guess and say this or that guy/gal may do something wrong and grab him/her and lock him/her up on suspicion?

What exactly do you propose as an answer?

More men die annually in Australia than women... fact...

http://theconversation.com/men-are-killed-at-a-greater-rate-than-women-in-austra...

Are you prepared to apply the same rules?

Greg.... Karnal.... here's your cue.... it's campaign time......  time to loose the dogs of propaganda, emotion, and inference......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 8:59pm

Black Orchid wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 5:38pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 4:40pm:
In the US they nominate those guys for the Supreme Court.

That is not only a lie it is a disgraceful thing to say.

In the US, they have an alleged child rapist as their President.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 9:06pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 8:59pm:

You are an alleged talking turd.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 9:34pm

Frank wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 9:06pm:

Is that better or worse than an alleged child rapist?

And, is it scientifically possible?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 10:34pm

All the usual silly diversions aside - what do you propose as an 'answer' to this kind of thing?

(repeats)

Wait one - so in every incident where a suspect has been found and there is evidence - the suspect has been arrested, charged and is awaiting trial.....

Investigations are ongoing into the remainder.....

What exactly do you propose as a pre-emptive measure, cods?

Just take a guess and say this or that guy/gal may do something wrong and grab him/her and lock him/her up on suspicion?

What exactly do you propose as an answer?

More men die from violence annually in Australia than women... fact...

http://theconversation.com/men-are-killed-at-a-greater-rate-than-women-in-austra...

Are you prepared to apply the same rules?

Greg.... Karnal.... here's your cue.... it's campaign time......  time to loose the dogs of propaganda, emotion, and inference......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 10:37pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 9:34pm:
Frank wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 9:06pm:

Is that better or worse than an alleged child rapist?

And, is it scientifically possible?

I'm curious.

To be or not to be, that is the question, so if we take 2B from 2B the answer is nothing... so an alleged anything is zero......

Now get on the subject....children.... all I hear is emotion - no real answers.. and Aussie is quite right to ask the pertinent questions.

However - let's leave out the usual idiots discussion of white v black...

― John Adams

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:09am

there obviously is a problem but what are we to do?

you need to understand basic human psychology and evolution.

women are a standard deviation to the right in "trait agreeableness".

they are more likely to put up with a difficult person and this would appear to be due to the fact that they have to care for infants. and an infant that is crying all night long is a difficult person and so the mother is biologically wired to "not throw it out the window" . she is more agreeable.
and she doesnt want conflict around the baby. so she is less likely to argue with a male , especially when she has an infant.  thats just darwinian biology and its deep.

men are less agreeable but they are a standard deviation higher in industriousness and in exploratory behaviour. so men have a biological pre disposition to go out into the world with bravery and to conquer unexplored territory.
and men are more sensitive to status.
men are more competitive and more likely to want to get to the top of a dominance hierachy (sport, work, earnings, muscles..whatever it is, men want to climb to the top).
why?

because women are selective maters and women tend to mate with men who are at the top of status hierachies.
women effectively say 'fight it out boys and decide who is at the top and that saves me having to screen all you men and i can just choose the highest status male".

so how should we view domestic violence inside the framework of millions of years of evolution.

well.

men are disagreeable, they wont do what you tell them to do UNLESS they are allowed to explore, be brave, conquer new territory and compete AND they want to be thanked and appreciated for their efforts.  men want to be seen as "heroes" for their efforts.

so if you want men to play the game according to a set of rules, we need to make the father figure a heroic figure, we need to make men rewarded for "manning up", we need to celebrate competition and we need to help men climb hierachies.

and that is exactly what it NOT happening in modern society where masculinity is seen as something to be trashed , not given a heroic status at all.

and of course, when you do that to men, most will not climb the narrow road to success like aquascoot, most will become bitter, resentful and nihilistic, they will become selfish entitled little pukes and cry babies and they will act out their revenge.
that seems to be what is happening

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:43am

Aussie wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 4:58pm:
That is appalling cods.  I agree with the writer of that article.  All we ever see dealt with in a committed way is violence perpetrated by non white arseholes and we ignore the violence committed by the white arseholes.  No votes in that I guess.

That's the biggest load of bollocks you've come up with yet.

You're slip is showing.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #25 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:31am

Its not a lie, not sure its disgraceful either.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 9:23am

Some men and women are born aggressors. Society will not change the biological make up. They will kill or maim without concern but they are a very small minority imo ie. the stalker that is alleged to have killed the mother beside her kid.

But in a DV case I'd bet 99% of them regret killing the woman....but at the time they lashed out in rage. This lashing out can be from a multitude of things. The inner psych is a strange thing and can make people do strange things.
What is not being considered is the added pressure of life in the modern world. The brain has no time to relax or shut down...... that is why we chase the fix/vice or what I call the mask, be it alcohol, drugs or both.
There is no inner peace being practiced by a lot of people. Instead they become drug addicts or alcoholics. Why? It could be work, financial, personal or all of it combined. So when this is happening it is easy to just lash out in anger or rage. They're unhappy and festering into physical violence.

DV is a tough subject. There are always 2 sides as well. Yeah the woman/man died (and that is not okay btw) but what lead up to this? I mean, when they met the bloke/woman didn't kill that night. They lived a life together that obviously was making one or the other unhappy with no communication, or better still, reasoning to get by. Most men just say "yes dear" to keep the woman happy instead of actually saying how they feel. This could be fear of losing their material items. Then when it's the other way the woman closes up and no love is shown.....I've been there. No sex, vacant feelings. Uncertainty. Basically living separate lives in a broken relationship. Now the stress starts to kick in and your mind makes up all sorts of senarios as to what the other is up too. It goes for both sides...not just the male.
So now the anger starts to fester. They may have an affair seeking refuge and comfort from a 3rd party. They may turn to drugs or alcohol. Everyone is different....but what we all have in common is inner peace.

Women in abusive relationships tend to live in fear. Fear of the man....fear of leaving. They fear their safety if they leave yet what they are living in is an unsafe environment. Who do they turn to? The situation is embarrassing. Their life seems to be failing. How did they get here. Why did they let it go so long. All of these questions with no reasonable answer. I know of men that have lived with abusive women. Same thing.

I will say that in a separation the law is def favored to the woman. I've seen men cleaned out of most of their financial belongings. Even their super if she's a real bitch. I haven't heard much of the other way around though.  It may happen but no where near as much.

Then throw a kid into the mix and he is going to be slaughtered by the gov for child support. That is a cruel organisation becuase if you have debt before the break up...they don't care. If you work more hrs to cover the costs then next tax return you pay more...so then you work more to cover it agian...then next tax you pay more. I'd believe that this may be the cause of some of those men flipping out and killing the woman, the kids and sometimes himself. Child support is evil and our gov is not listening.

It took me a long time to find my inner peace. It is not spiritual or god for me. It is vibration and breathing. That's why you hear "take a deep breath" when you're upset or beside yourself. It works. But I also fight (boxing). Not for competition but for fitness and discipline. It changes your demeanor. It gives you confidence, it gives you inner strength to battle this crazy society being built around us by big corporations hell bent on taking your money and owning your life because they will stop at nothing to program your mind away from your inner self. Don't let them. Turn off the tv and go outside. Life can be great. It's up to you to be honest with yourself, have self control and live because in the end you'll die, that I can promise you and if you die hating yourself then you've failed yourself.

Peace.
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2018 at 9:28am by Captain Caveman »  

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:08am

Gnads wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:43am:
That is appalling cods.  I agree with the writer of that article.  All we ever see dealt with in a committed way is violence perpetrated by non white arseholes and we ignore the violence committed by the white arseholes.  No votes in that I guess.

You're slip is showing.

Aussie - I support(ed) your right to ask the pertinent questions about this - but until you nobody mentioned anything about colour....

Let it go...... and as you said, how is it 'DV' when the gardener stalks etc?  The only domestic relationship between them is he is employed to garden... in theory, anyway.

Perhaps women need training in who to consort with.... all this 'women's lib' nonsense and sexual freedom etc is costing their lives...

― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:11am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:08am:
Gnads wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:43am:

You're slip is showing.

Aussie - I support(ed) your right to ask the pertinent questions about this - but until you nobody mentioned anything about colour....

Let it go...... and as you said, how is it 'DV' when the gardener stalks etc?  The only domestic relationship between them is he is employed to garden... in theory, anyway.

Perhaps women need training in who to consort with.... all this 'women's lib' nonsense and sexual freedom etc is costing their lives...

That's one option.

Orrrrr, men could be taught to NOT rape & kill women   Undecided

Just throwin' it out there.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 10:25am

thoughtful post captain.

a couple of things.

alcohol, drugs , junk food are just the easy way to put a band aid on pain.
doesnt work long term.

the female / male dynamic is very difficult to come to terms with because people , in a consumer society, come at the problem from the frame of 'what can i get'.
so the man might want sex, the woman might want gifts.
its the same problem faced in the workplace.
the employer asks what can i get
the employee asks what can i get.

even although religions are deeply troubled by superstition and dogma, there is a reason why the underlying mythology developed.

the modern scientific thinker believes he is very superior to the modern religious thinker.
but is that true.

is the development of nuclear weapons (a scientific achievement) a good thing?

religion has been with us , in a darwinian sense since we became conscious.
and our underlying biology dates back millions of years.

we have only been materialist and scientific for 200 years.

and WW1, WW2, the destruction of the environment, potential nuclear holocaust....well, its pretty dammed arrogant to be feeling too good about ourselves.

the deep philosophers (jung, nietchze ) looked at these things from a much more grounded basis.

i'd read some Jung, if i was you.

Jung for instance, has a lot to say about the roles of the masculine and the feminine which reflect our long long darwinian evolution.

this was all tossed aside in 1960 for some weird experiment we are currently seeing played out (a type of gender equality)
the chances that this experiment will end well, in my estimation is zero

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Send Topic Print