Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Tesla Looks Set to Be Sustainably Profitable ! (Read 4483 times)
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Re: Tesla Looks Set to Be Sustainably Profitable !
Reply #15 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 10:50am

Tesla looks like it’s trying for 100,000 cars this quarter.... that’s what they made last year in 3 months
Thair China factory looks like it’s going ahead as well and pics of broken ground.......
Thair next car the Y is about to be prototyped as well .... then sales will go through the roof and get very S3XY Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #16 - Dec 14th, 2018 at 5:32am

https://insideevs.com/u-s-tesla-sales-in-november-2018-up-by-592/Tesla sells more EVs in the U.S. than all other manufacturers combined
In November, Tesla sold in the U.S. approximately 24,600 electric cars (InsideEVs’ estimation), which is the second-best monthly result ever. Annual growth rate hit a remarkable 592%!
Our estimates stand at:
Model 3 – 18,650
Model X – 3,200
Model S – 2,750
Total: 24,600 (up 592%)

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #17 - Feb 1st, 2019 at 10:41am

https://insideevs.com/tesla-releases-q4-results-profit/
Tesla notes back-to-back profitable quarters for the first time ever.
In its just-released Q4 earnings reports, Tesla again shows a profit, though it’s not as high as in Q3. Regardless, a profit is a profit and Tesla has proven to the world that it can indeed make money.

Us On Profit Wave
The main financial details from the report are as follows:
Tesla said it earned $139 million, or 78 cents a share, in the quarter, impacted by a $54 million non-cash charge, versus a loss of $4.01 a share in the year-ago quarter.
Adjusted for one-time items, Tesla earned $1.93 a share, versus a $3.04 loss a year ago. Revenue rose to $7.23 billion, compared with $3.29 billion a year ago.
That profit of 78 cents per share is a solid figure, though the big Q3 profit was way higher at $2.90 per share. However, Q3 was always expected to be a bigger profit quarter for Tesla, so there’s no miss here.

As we improve the production rate of Model 3, the cost per vehicle continues to decline. It is critical that we continue this trend so that we can keep increasing the affordability of Model 3 while retaining a sustainable level of profitability. The labor hours per Model 3 vehicle declined yet again by roughly 20% compared to Q3 and by about 65% in the second half of 2018 alone. Despite introducing a lower-priced mid-range variant and other headwinds, Model 3’s gross margin remained stable in Q4 at over 20%

Ohhh My Tesla Making a profit over the last 2 Quarters and increased production by 150% from the year before.... so 2017 they made 100,000 vehical last year they did 250,000.... Tesla now has 80% of the American Electric car market and almost 50% of the Luxury market in Cars.....
Wink

I am me

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Feb 1st, 2019 at 5:44pm

"Electric car firm slashed 7% of workforce this month and ex-employees say more experienced staff were targeted"

"Alan Ochoa worked at Tesla’s Fremont plant in California for four years. He was laid off recently along with his entire department in quality control, many of whom were also long-time employees. “I have no idea how they expect to run without us,” said Ochoa."

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jan/30/tesla-factory-elon-musk-layof...

QC staff laid off? I am convinced. /sarc

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #19 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 7:45am

lee wrote on Feb 1st, 2019 at 5:44pm:
"Electric car firm slashed 7% of workforce this month and ex-employees say more experienced staff were targeted"

"Alan Ochoa worked at Tesla’s Fremont plant in California for four years. He was laid off recently along with his entire department in quality control, many of whom were also long-time employees. “I have no idea how they expect to run without us,” said Ochoa."

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jan/30/tesla-factory-elon-musk-layof...

QC staff laid off? I am convinced. /sarc

ahh unconfirmed news from disgruntle fired staff....
the only verifiable parts where what tesla has released and quoted in the news report

Tesla said: “Regarding the number of impacted employees, here’s what we said in our blogpost: as a result of the above, we unfortunately have no choice but to reduce full-time employee headcount by approximately 7% (we grew by 30% last year, which is more than we can support)

so the increased 30% last year and now reducing 7%....

If this opinion piece turns out to be true Tesla might start to get some annoyed customers if thair cars loose quality... i guess time will tell Smiley

I am me

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 4:28pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 7:45am:
ahh unconfirmed news from disgruntle fired staff...

But it is from the Garudian. it must be true. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

But perhaps you can give us a breakdown on where the 7% are? Wink

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #21 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 6:09pm

lee wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 4:28pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 7:45am:
ahh unconfirmed news from disgruntle fired staff...

But it is from the Garudian. it must be true. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

But perhaps you can give us a breakdown on where the 7% are? Wink

If Tesla give out the details i'll let u know Lee
or maybe u can find another news item on hearsay and speculation for us  Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #22 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 1:27pm

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #23 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 1:41pm

He He Nemo did u find a treasure chest of political Cartoon's ARRRRRRRR Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #24 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 1:43pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Feb 5th, 2019 at 1:41pm:

As they say: A picture's worth a thousand words.

It helps to break up the wads of text from time to time.  Wink

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #25 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 1:45pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Feb 5th, 2019 at 1:43pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on Feb 5th, 2019 at 1:41pm:

As they say: A picture's worth a thousand words.

It helps to break up the wads of text from time to time.  Wink

Hear no complaints from me  Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #26 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 9:55am

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/02/04/teslas-insanely-awesome-growth-not-impressi...
Tesla, 6 years after producing its first mass-produced car, had the #1 top selling luxury vehicle of any class in the US in 2018 — the first time an American car company has had that honor in decades.
Tesla sales grew 3,679% from 2,400 in the 4th quarter of 2012 to 90,700 in the 4th quarter of 2018.
Stunningly, Tesla had the 4th best selling car in the US in December and the 5th best selling car in the 4th quarter, despite the fact that it was a relatively expensive luxury car. It was actually the only luxury car in the top 17.
The Tesla Model 3 was the top selling car in the US from an American car company in December and in the 4th quarter.
Tesla heavily outsold Jaguar and Porsche globally in the 4th quarter, almost selling more than both of them combined.
The Tesla Model 3 accounted for 32% of all small + midsize luxury car sales in the US in December.

I find it amazing the hatred that this company generates... every move they do is put in a negative light by some media network

The amount of false reporting is amazing...….. 1 car can have a problem and all the sudden its every car they make r lemons and need to be taken off the road.....They make 100million profit and its reported they didnt make 200 million.
I've never heard anyone say if a vehical is a lemon that the Car company should be closed down.
Ohh well those that r on this forum that where saying Tesla was going broke etc etc i dont hear them saying that anymore...
Jules posts pictures of Tesla's in wreaking yards and posts artical from 5 years ago to try and keep the hate going.
Baron will make some accusations and then disapears for a month ( he still thinks his 40 year old car is the height of car making and everything since then has been a decline)..

Weather or not u Hate Tesla, it cant be denied that they r a emeging force in the Vehical movement.
It will be interesting to see how far they go Smiley

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Feb 14th, 2019 at 10:14pm

They hate Tesla because it does greed incorporated out of its pound of flesh.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Mar 1st, 2019 at 10:31am

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

bellamor

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Mar 1st, 2019 at 3:20pm

Can they first fix the quality of their cars, I still can't move on from the news about the burning car in Florida recently.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print