Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Note to Australians.. Hold onto your Guns... (Read 3546 times)
Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Re: Note to Australians.. Hold onto your Guns...
Reply #90 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 8:11pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:17pm:
Ye Grappler wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 12:31am:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:40pm:
Except the SASR in the UK now has readiness teams available in London and other major cities which are ready to respond within 15-30 minutes, Grapps.  The Hereford Gun Club can respond more quickly than you give them credit for.

This is of course, after the Police response teams have responded within minutes (I believe the current record is under 5 minutes in London).   Admittedly, the Police sometimes shoot the wrong person (ie the Brazilian electrician on the Tube after the Tube Bombings) but they are getting better at figuring out who the bad guys are.    Roll Eyes

Part of that is covered in my liaison officer character, stuck in London as a go-between when he wants to go operational all the way...... not going into it too much...

With a Squirrel or two they can get from Hereford to Londinium pretty quick - as long as the engines are pre-heated.... but by automobile it's a bit tedious... and please - no 'SASR' - it's simply 'The Regiment' in Britain... SASR is for the colonials....

Anyway - that level of readiness, including choppers on five minutes standby - is very expensive.

Sometimes I think the SASR considers itself superhuman.  They tend to actually believe what the media types about them.  That is, until they next stuff up so badly that not only do their victims targets end up dead but some of their own fellows have their own names entered onto the lists on the clock tower.  A 15-30 minute response time from scratch is actually damned good by most military forces standards.

True - when they start to wear sunglasses and dress like stars, you know they're in trouble.

Part of the 'cafe` gangster' image fostered to frighten the Germans way back still clings, but the essence is dedication, professionalism and training.  People can do a lot, but they are not supermen.

Bloke was killed in 'killing house' training in WA a few years back...mate and I put our heads together and said 'wrong position' - when you're hair-trigger trained mistakes can happen.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of the
Maximegalon Institute

Re: Note to Australians.. Hold onto your Guns...
Reply #91 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 12:33am

Ye Grappler wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 8:11pm:
True - when they start to wear sunglasses and dress like stars, you know they're in trouble.

Part of the 'cafe` gangster' image fostered to frighten the Germans way back still clings, but the essence is dedication, professionalism and training.  People can do a lot, but they are not supermen.

Bloke was killed in 'killing house' training in WA a few years back...mate and I put our heads together and said 'wrong position' - when you're hair-trigger trained mistakes can happen.

What always surprised me was how much the Septics were willing to adopt the rock-star mentality.  I remember back in Gulf War II, some "special forces" types stopped shaving and started wearing civvies and were photographed as such by the media.  I could hear the roar of their Master Sergeant from where I was in Australia when he told them to start shaving and wearing their uniforms the way God intended them to be worn.   Such silly fellows.  Apparently the next day when the media saw them again, they were very regimentally dressed.   Some people like to think they are in the movies for some reason.

85% of Australians support Multiculturalism - https://www.monash.edu/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/1189188/mapping-social-cohesion-national-report-2017.pdf
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print