Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Note to Australians.. Hold onto your Guns... (Read 8673 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Note to Australians.. Hold onto your Guns...
Reply #75 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:35pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 5:40pm:
Australia is full of guns. Even I have a gun. It's easy to get a licence . You have to join a gun club and then you can buy guns like going to the supermarket.

Except you cannot give "self defence" as the reason on your license application, Hammer.

Nor can you purchase semi-automatic long-arms or pump-action shotguns.

You are limited to bolt-action, lever-action and pump-action long-arms or single/double barreled shotguns, more or less plus of course various pistol actions.

You are also required to regularly attend your firearms club's meetings/range shoots.

The ban on pump action shot guns is just ridiculous.

It is no different an operation to a bolt action repeater or pump action rim/centre fire long rifle.

They were very handy in scrub for pig hunting at close quarters.

All rifles can be sawn off for illegal purposes.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:21pm

Greggerypeaccary -"In Australia, homicide has decreased by nine percent since 1990."

I thought you were only talking gun deaths? That suggests you are talking all homicides. Wink

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:23pm

lee wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:21pm:
Greggerypeaccary -"In Australia, homicide has decreased by nine percent since 1990."

I thought you were only talking gun deaths? That suggests you are talking all homicides. Wink

He changes the point of the OP to suit his responses more times than he changes his underpants.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #78 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:36pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:23pm:

He changes the point of the OP to suit his responses more times than he changes his underpants.

It's a waste of time and effort to argue with the
Lying deceitful troll

Backs down who her than a muzzo when confronted with equal numbers.

Coward, lying, reneging,  deceitful troll It is

Wish ist would do us all favor and honor it's promise to leave

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #79 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:40pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 11:52pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:25pm:
lee wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:13pm:
Northern Ireland is part of Great Britain. All Northern Ireland police officers carry  firearms. The majority of police officers in the rest of Great Britain don't routinely carry firearms.

"Police leaders have discussed frontline constables carrying guns amid concerns it would take too long for fully trained armed officers to reach an attack in rural areas, a police chief has said.

Simon Chesterman, the national lead for armed policing, said the routine arming of regular officers remained an option given an elevated terror threat to Britain that security officials believe is here to stay, with 12 terrorist murder plots known about in the last year."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/17/uk-police-chiefs-discuss-officer...

11 of them not related to Islam? Just asking.

Just joking - I know....

Just watched a movie called 'Closed Circuit' - Eric Bana in a Brit film - not bad and tight scripting as expected in a good Brit film about security services and such - quite a few shots had a cop in kevlar jacket and armed with an HK .... just walking the beat...

That's what it's become.  Look at the response time for the bridge attack.... you don't exactly have unarmed officers walking the beat for a reaction time of seven minutes.

I'm writing a short story called 'London' - it takes 22 SAS an hour (plus) to get from Hereford to London in a crisis and that's with a stand-by team ready to go ... the amount of readiness involved and cost is astronomical...

Except the SASR in the UK now has readiness teams available in London and other major cities which are ready to respond within 15-30 minutes, Grapps.  The Hereford Gun Club can respond more quickly than you give them credit for.

This is of course, after the Police response teams have responded within minutes (I believe the current record is under 5 minutes in London).   Admittedly, the Police sometimes shoot the wrong person (ie the Brazilian electrician on the Tube after the Tube Bombings) but they are getting better at figuring out who the bad guys are.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:25pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:36pm:

Lying deceitful troll

Tell us again how there were no mass murders back in your great grandparents' day, Valkie.

I need a good laugh   Smiley

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 5:31pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:25pm:

Lying deceitful troll

Tell us again how there were no mass murders back in your great grandparents' day, Valkie.

Your needs are irrelevant

you're laughable.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:28pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 5:31pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:25pm:

Lying deceitful troll

Your needs are irrelevant

you're laughable.  Roll Eyes

So are Valkie's stories from the good old days   Smiley

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #83 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 7:51pm

I wonder when turd mc turdface will HONOR it's bet to leave the forum?

I wonder if turd mc turdface will ever honor it's bet with me?

I wonder if turd mc turdface will ever do anything that isn't trollish, lying, deceitful or disrespectful?

I would hazard that the answer to all the above is NEVER

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #84 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 12:31am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:40pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 11:52pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:25pm:
lee wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:13pm:
Northern Ireland is part of Great Britain. All Northern Ireland police officers carry  firearms. The majority of police officers in the rest of Great Britain don't routinely carry firearms.

"Police leaders have discussed frontline constables carrying guns amid concerns it would take too long for fully trained armed officers to reach an attack in rural areas, a police chief has said.

Simon Chesterman, the national lead for armed policing, said the routine arming of regular officers remained an option given an elevated terror threat to Britain that security officials believe is here to stay, with 12 terrorist murder plots known about in the last year."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/17/uk-police-chiefs-discuss-officer...

11 of them not related to Islam? Just asking.

Just joking - I know....

Just watched a movie called 'Closed Circuit' - Eric Bana in a Brit film - not bad and tight scripting as expected in a good Brit film about security services and such - quite a few shots had a cop in kevlar jacket and armed with an HK .... just walking the beat...

That's what it's become.  Look at the response time for the bridge attack.... you don't exactly have unarmed officers walking the beat for a reaction time of seven minutes.

I'm writing a short story called 'London' - it takes 22 SAS an hour (plus) to get from Hereford to London in a crisis and that's with a stand-by team ready to go ... the amount of readiness involved and cost is astronomical...

Except the SASR in the UK now has readiness teams available in London and other major cities which are ready to respond within 15-30 minutes, Grapps.  The Hereford Gun Club can respond more quickly than you give them credit for.

This is of course, after the Police response teams have responded within minutes (I believe the current record is under 5 minutes in London).   Admittedly, the Police sometimes shoot the wrong person (ie the Brazilian electrician on the Tube after the Tube Bombings) but they are getting better at figuring out who the bad guys are.    Roll Eyes

Part of that is covered in my liaison officer character, stuck in London as a go-between when he wants to go operational all the way...... not going into it too much...

With a Squirrel or two they can get from Hereford to Londinium pretty quick - as long as the engines are pre-heated.... but by automobile it's a bit tedious... and please - no 'SASR' - it's simply 'The Regiment' in Britain... SASR is for the colonials....

Anyway - that level of readiness, including choppers on five minutes standby - is very expensive.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #85 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 1:48pm

Captain Caveman your non de plume says it all. God protect this Country from ignorant illiterate Dinosaurs such as you

Met plenty of your kind in the Police, morons with guns and the stupifying mentality that they knew when and how to use them

Thank God thousands of those guns have been removed from the hands of troglodytes  such as you

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 2:51pm

red baron wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 1:48pm:
Captain Caveman your non de plume says it all. God protect this Country from ignorant illiterate Dinosaurs such as you

Met plenty of your kind in the Police, morons with guns and the stupifying mentality that they knew when and how to use them

Thank God thousands of those guns have been removed from the hands of troglodytes  such as you

Ahh. You're an ex copper.
Explains it all.  Wink

Thousands removed and redistributed back on the streets for a quick $, thanks to the dirty cops.....

Oh....and picking on my illiteracy says a lot about you too.
Bet you wouldn't do it to my face. I've had plenty of experience with people like you......on the street.
A
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2018 at 3:05pm by Captain Caveman »  

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 2:53pm

It take it that's a generalisation & includes a % of coppers as well?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #88 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:17pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 12:31am:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:40pm:

Part of that is covered in my liaison officer character, stuck in London as a go-between when he wants to go operational all the way...... not going into it too much...

With a Squirrel or two they can get from Hereford to Londinium pretty quick - as long as the engines are pre-heated.... but by automobile it's a bit tedious... and please - no 'SASR' - it's simply 'The Regiment' in Britain... SASR is for the colonials....

Anyway - that level of readiness, including choppers on five minutes standby - is very expensive.

Sometimes I think the SASR considers itself superhuman.  They tend to actually believe what the media types about them.  That is, until they next stuff up so badly that not only do their victims targets end up dead but some of their own fellows have their own names entered onto the lists on the clock tower.  A 15-30 minute response time from scratch is actually damned good by most military forces standards.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 6:45pm

Nice post, red.

Every now and then you come up with a beauty.

Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print