Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Note to Australians.. Hold onto your Guns... (Read 8656 times)
Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Note to Australians.. Hold onto your Guns...
Reply #60 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:12pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:04pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:01pm:
Nothing to do with my point Bobby.

Yes it does -

the Govt. in Britain obviously doesn't trust its cops with guns.
Neither does the  New Zealand. Govt.

Who should we trust with guns? That is my point. Cops in UK and NZ have guns, just not the beat cops. Gregg thinks the citizens should not have guns because they may kill people with them. He used aboriginal massacres as an example. Yet most of our massacres were led by those people like him think guns should be restricted to. It really does boil down to guns don't kill people, people do and being homo sapiens they use the best tool available. The problem is with people.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:13pm

Northern Ireland is part of Great Britain. All Northern Ireland police officers carry  firearms. The majority of police officers in the rest of Great Britain don't routinely carry firearms.

"Police leaders have discussed frontline constables carrying guns amid concerns it would take too long for fully trained armed officers to reach an attack in rural areas, a police chief has said.

Simon Chesterman, the national lead for armed policing, said the routine arming of regular officers remained an option given an elevated terror threat to Britain that security officials believe is here to stay, with 12 terrorist murder plots known about in the last year."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/17/uk-police-chiefs-discuss-officer...

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:25pm

lee wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:13pm:
Northern Ireland is part of Great Britain. All Northern Ireland police officers carry  firearms. The majority of police officers in the rest of Great Britain don't routinely carry firearms.

"Police leaders have discussed frontline constables carrying guns amid concerns it would take too long for fully trained armed officers to reach an attack in rural areas, a police chief has said.

Simon Chesterman, the national lead for armed policing, said the routine arming of regular officers remained an option given an elevated terror threat to Britain that security officials believe is here to stay, with 12 terrorist murder plots known about in the last year."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/17/uk-police-chiefs-discuss-officer...

11 of them not related to Islam? Just asking.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #63 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 11:35pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:12pm:

Yes it does -

Who should we trust with guns? That is my point. Cops in UK and NZ have guns, just not the beat cops. Gregg thinks the citizens should not have guns because they may kill people with them. He used aboriginal massacres as an example. Yet most of our massacres were led by those people like him think guns should be restricted to. It really does boil down to guns don't kill people, people do and being homo sapiens they use the best tool available. The problem is with people.

OK - they don't trust beat Cops with guns.
Don't worry about what Greggy says - he's a fool.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #64 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 11:52pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:25pm:
lee wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:13pm:

11 of them not related to Islam? Just asking.

Just joking - I know....

Just watched a movie called 'Closed Circuit' - Eric Bana in a Brit film - not bad and tight scripting as expected in a good Brit film about security services and such - quite a few shots had a cop in kevlar jacket and armed with an HK .... just walking the beat...

That's what it's become.  Look at the response time for the bridge attack.... you don't exactly have unarmed officers walking the beat for a reaction time of seven minutes.

I'm writing a short story called 'London' - it takes 22 SAS an hour (plus) to get from Hereford to London in a crisis and that's with a stand-by team ready to go ... the amount of readiness involved and cost is astronomical...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:19am

Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:52pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:43pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:17pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:55pm:
Valkie wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:48pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:30pm:
Valkie wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 6:30pm:
Yh Quote:
   SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!

SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.

SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER!   

Funny how none of the pro gun law lobby ever consider this simple fact.

I have pictures of my various great grandparents camping in the bush
They all have guns, as did most Australians back then
With so many guns, isn't it amazing that mass murder didn't happen?

Probably because they were taught to use them and respect them.

Apart from the numerous mass murders of indigenous Australians, you mean?

I've told you before bwyannnnn turf mc turdface
None of my family or myself have ever harmed any abbos, ever.

I'm not accusing you or your family of anything.

However, you talked about many other Australians when you said:

"... as did most Australians back then. With so many guns, isn't it amazing that mass murder didn't happen?"

And, I'm pointing out to you that mass murder did happen back then.

Thousands of indigenous Australians were massacred by white men with guns.

Were you not aware of this?

Were they police, soldiers or parties put together by them?

Whalers, shipwreck survivors, shepherds, British colonists (led by Governor Stirling), mounted police, white settlers, Charles Hutton, law enforcement, etc.

Ah, so police, law enforcement, troopers, farmers and those deputised by govt cannot be trusted with firearms either?

Exactly.
When we actually dig into the real issue we see that the gov along with employees of the gov as well as the wealthy all had a hand in these atrocities. I think greg would also find that not only did the abbos fall victim to these people but any one person or persons, black white yellow, who did not comply or do as they were told. The jo blo's just trying to survive.

Again...proof that we need to be very careful of this illigal gov as we can fall victim to them any time. History shows us that they will kill us without thought, and happily, straight faced blame someone else, to further their agenda ------- martial law.

« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:24am by Captain Caveman »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #66 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 7:28am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:04am:
and to our US Friends...

Don't give up your Guns...

I don't so much agree with the statement below about Howard ...

you can still get a Gun here in Australia of you do the courses etc...

Quote:
Yes, this has been on here before. Time to refresh...

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

56 million defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control:

You won't see this data on the mainstream media evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

It does NOT suit their agendas.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are "citizens". Without them, we are "subjects". Citizens have power, subjects are at the will of the powers.

If you value your freedom, please spread this antigun-control message to all of your friends.

We here in Australia need to overturn the draconian Howard limitations to our liberty.

SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER!

Spread the word everywhere you can that you are a firm believer in our right to self defence!
It's time to speak out loud again before they try to silence us even further by way of the United Nations global governance.

The UN is trying to disarm America right now. Thankfully they have the 2nd Amendment in their Bill of Rights

That's a fairly elaborate exercise in cherry picking Mech. Do you think it is a bit misleading to try to pass these examples off as representative?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 10:46am

Cu Chulainn wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:12pm:

Yes it does -

No.

Valkie said that back in the day, when everyone had guns, there were no mass murders.

I used aboriginal massacres as an example to show just how wrong he was about that particular subject.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 11:58am

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:04am:
Gnads wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:52am:
red baron wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 8:52am:
Yes and the U.S.A. has 'the right to bear  arms' in its constitution and it is the Gun Murder Capitol of the World 

Gun Crime has gone down radically in Australia

You can still buy a gun on the black market but the degree of difficulty is extremely high and extremely expensive

John Howard saved this Country from God knows how many gun related deaths

He is a true blue hero for the stand he took in the face of all the gun nerds in the Country

I don't mind guns in the right hands, law enforcement, armed forces etc

In fact I used to teach weaponry  the Air Force and I carried a gun for 18 years as a Police Officer

Actually it's not. I think you'll find Mexico & certain Sth American countries are far worse.

John Howard saved us from nothing.

The incidence of murder whether it be by gun or other weapons has increased .... and shootings are still occurring.

There are other demographics involved besides guns.

In Australia, homicide has decreased by nine percent since 1990.

So they just report more then is that it?  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:05pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:35am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:18am:
Yes and the U.S.A. has 'the right to bear  arms' in its constitution and it is the Gun Murder Capitol of the World 

You can still buy a gun on the black market but the degree of difficulty is extremely high and extremely expensive

He is a true blue hero for the stand he took in the face of all the gun nerds in the Country

In fact I used to teach weaponry  the Air Force and I carried a gun for 18 years as a Police Officer

Actually it's not. I think you'll find Mexico & certain Sth American countries are far worse.

The incidence of murder whether it be by gun or other weapons has increased .... and shootings are still occurring.

Not only that....there are more gun owners now than there was back then.
These delusional twats get on here and sprook their "bad guns" retoric without even knowing WTF they're on about.
John Howard  is a traitor and should be locked up.

The very guns these gun haters think have been "taken away" are still in circulation. Im sick of repaeting it. Want proof. A copper was shot with an SKS last year. There will be more where that one came from too. Jayzuz.

Not quite.

The truth about gun ownership after Port Arthur

"...  fewer Australians now own guns. Since 1988, the proportion of households with a firearm fell by 75 per cent.

"The same holds true in the United States, where researchers now see household gun ownership as the most reliable indicator of firearm distribution.

"The reason? Those who already possess several guns have bought more. Until recently, the average Australian shooter owned three to five firearms. The same people now keep a larger collection, and a proportion of their guns continue to leak into the illicit market."

BS ... even prior to Port Arthur there was a large black market for guns & there still is.

And who buys those, then & now?

You didn't mention the Police weapons that have been stolen on occasion either.

People who kill other people will do so with ot without guns.

Knife crime has increased as a compensating demographic to any perceived decrease in gun crime.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:09pm

"Data from the Australian Institute of Criminology shows the rate of homicide victims dying from a gunshot wound has dropped since the reforms came into force, but not consistently in every year.

ABS data indicates the rate of assault by firearm causing death has also declined since the reforms, but not in every year."

"However, experts consulted by Fact Check said the impact of Mr Howard's reforms on those declines is debatable.

Some research argues the reforms did not significantly influence firearm homicide rates or already falling rates of firearm suicide."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-28/fact-check-gun-homicides-and-suicides-john...

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:10pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 3:06pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 2:53pm:
Yeah - but the peace-loving Australian male doesn't do it - in NSW it's primarily those pesky Mussos.... though we're generally happy to see that lot burn each other...

Of course not.

Australian males would never dream or shooting anyone.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-06/pennant-hills-shooting-of-teens-sydney-fat...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-11/seven-people-found-dead-in-margaret-river-...

2018 gun murders? Surely not?

How can that be according to your figures?

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:13pm

Yh Quote:

IT'S A NO BRAINER!   

And the return mass murders by spear & nulla nulla... doesn't count of course? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:14pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:05pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:35am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:18am:

Not only that....there are more gun owners now than there was back then.
These delusional twats get on here and sprook their "bad guns" retoric without even knowing WTF they're on about.
John Howard  is a traitor and should be locked up.

The very guns these gun haters think have been "taken away" are still in circulation. Im sick of repaeting it. Want proof. A copper was shot with an SKS last year. There will be more where that one came from too. Jayzuz.

Not quite.

The truth about gun ownership after Port Arthur

"...  fewer Australians now own guns. Since 1988, the proportion of households with a firearm fell by 75 per cent.

"The same holds true in the United States, where researchers now see household gun ownership as the most reliable indicator of firearm distribution.

"The reason? Those who already possess several guns have bought more. Until recently, the average Australian shooter owned three to five firearms. The same people now keep a larger collection, and a proportion of their guns continue to leak into the illicit market."

BS ... even prior to Port Arthur there was a large black market for guns & there still is.

And who buys those, then & now?

You didn't mention the Police weapons that have been stolen on occasion either.

People who kill other people will do so with ot without guns.

Knife crime has increased as a compensating demographic to any perceived decrease in gun crime.

People who kill each other use all sorts of methods and weapons.

However, this thread is about guns.

Not sure how that fact has escaped your attention.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:16pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:13pm:
Yh Quote:

IT'S A NO BRAINER!   

And the return mass murders by spear & nulla nulla... doesn't count of course? Roll Eyes

Not sure who said that - maybe you're imagining things again.

Valkie said there were no mass murders with guns, back in the day.

I proved him wrong.

It's as simple as that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print