Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Cat-meat Hilaly is back as Australia's Grand Mufti (Read 11218 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Cat-meat Hilaly is back as Australia's Grand Mufti
Reply #45 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 7:07pm

moses wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
Quote:
on their individual actions

Like supporting verses in the qur'an which motivate islamic atrocities, as being the perfect unchangeable words of allah?

Just like individual Christians support the passages in The Bible which motivate Christian atrocities, as being the perfect, unchangeable words of God, Moses.   Amazing how you avoid those people and their actions, now isn't it?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:

Quote:
unsure why any non-Muslim is worried about what he says or does

cats meat?

And what did Fred Nile call women who "flaunted their bodies as they walked down the streets of Sydney," Moses?  Mmmm?   Tsk, tsk, amazing how short lived your memory is.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 11:34am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 9:38pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:59pm:
What's your opinion of Hilaly's behaviour Brian?

Why is my opinion important?

I am not a Muslim.  I had no hand in his selection, nor should I have, as a non-Muslim.  What he says and does, does not effect me.  His views are only relevant IMHO to Muslims, as he was once the Grand Mufti and is now, as far as I am aware, just an Imam.

I am unsure why any non-Muslim is worried about what he says or does, actually.

Why does what he says or does concern you, Hammer?

Do you get as concerned about what the Pope or the Archbishop of Canterbury says or does?  How about the Grand Rabbi or the Grand High Panjandrum?  No, I didn't think so, Hammer.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I do get concerned with what he says Brian because he's a highly influential  person. It's the same reason you are always banging on about Pauline Pantsdown.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #47 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:21pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 11:34am:

I am not a Muslim.  I had no hand in his selection, nor should I have, as a non-Muslim.  What he says and does, does not effect me.  His views are only relevant IMHO to Muslims, as he was once the Grand Mufti and is now, as far as I am aware, just an Imam.

Do you get as concerned about what the Pope or the Archbishop of Canterbury says or does?  How about the Grand Rabbi or the Grand High Panjandrum?  No, I didn't think so, Hammer.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I do get concerned with what he says Brian because he's a highly influential  person. It's the same reason you are always banging on about Pauline Pantsdown.

I "bang on" about Pauline Hanson 'cause I know it upsets some of her supporters, Hammer.  She is basically a wast of time and space as far as I am concerned.  She will only ever appeal to the extremists like yourself - the 10% of the population that doesn't think, merely reacts.  Hilaly is the same.  He is, as far as I am aware, generally acknowledge by most Australian Muslims as being a silly old duffer who doesn't represent their views on Australian society.  He is poorly educated about the world.   Most Muslims know that.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:32pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:21pm:

I "bang on" about Pauline Hanson 'cause I know it upsets some of her supporters, Hammer.  She is basically a wast of time and space as far as I am concerned.  She will only ever appeal to the extremists like yourself - the 10% of the population that doesn't think, merely reacts.  Hilaly is the same.  He is, as far as I am aware, generally acknowledge by most Australian Muslims as being a silly old duffer who doesn't represent their views on Australian society.  He is poorly educated about the world.   Most Muslims know that.    Roll Eyes

Conducted a survey on muslims opinions of Sheik Catmeat have you?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #49 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:42pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:32pm:

See the outlined sentence, Hammer.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Do you enjoy being a reactionary?  Does it make your life a certainty?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:42pm:

Do you enjoy being a reactionary?  Does it make your life a certainty?   Roll Eyes

You aren't aware of anything. Talking to a few Muslims you know on Hilali means nothing. Do you like being reactionary?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #51 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:10pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:48pm:

You aren't aware of anything. Talking to a few Muslims you know on Hilali means nothing.

Yeah, sure, Hammer, sure.  Makes me a great more aware of what Muslims are thinking than you do, not knowing, not talking to any Muslims at all for fear of "contamination", hey?   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Do you like being reactionary?

I think about things.  You react to them.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:28pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:10pm:

You aren't aware of anything. Talking to a few Muslims you know on Hilali means nothing.

Yeah, sure, Hammer, sure.  Makes me a great more aware of what Muslims are thinking than you do, not knowing, not talking to any Muslims at all for fear of "contamination", hey?   Roll Eyes

Quote:

That called freedom of thought and speech Brian. Get used to it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #53 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 4:03pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:28pm:

Quote:

That called freedom of thought and speech Brian. Get used to it.

Nope, I don't think there is much thinking going on there at all, Hammer.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #54 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 8:34am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:53pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:10pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 2:43pm:
Frank wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 6:28pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:18pm:
Frank wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 11:22pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:27pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 6:30pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 6:14pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 4:38pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 4:31pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 4:29pm:
Why don't you join a nationalist movement Brian? you've got the right "great great grandfather" pedigree

Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

But you're only patriotic the the ethnics, not to all Australians, not to those with different views to yours

Sorry, can you please translate that into modern English?  I fear your enthusiasm has gotten the better of you.  Perhaps, if you try again, we might understand you.

I am patriotic towards Australia as a nation and all who sail in her across the sea of time.  Doesn't matter what your view is, as long as you pledge allegiance to the nation of Australia, you are an Australian, no matter what your ancestry is or what your views are.   That does not mean you cannot be criticised for those views.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

So does that mean that all the Muslims who pledge allegiance to Allah are not Australian ?

Only if all the Christians who pledge allegiance to Christ aren't either, Hammer.  OK?   Roll Eyes

No.

Ah, the old, "My Religion is OK but the other religions aren't," defence, hey, Soren?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

Of course. As a mail-order dokkktor of divinity, you would know, wouldn't you,  that not all religions are equal.

Here is a question that will make you sh!t yourself (back, Karnal, BACK!!):

On what basis do you judge religions, Bwian, and on what grounds are those bases the right ones to judge religions?

Objectively or subjectively, Soren?  We need to think about that question, more deeply than it appears you do.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

I don't think Brian judges religions, other than some particularly idiotic argument that they are all equivalent.

Why didn't you answer the question I asked here, FD?   Roll Eyes

I judge people on their individual actions for the most part, not on what the religion they claim to follow.   What a shame you and Soren and Moses and Yadda don't do the same, hey?   Roll Eyes

So you refuse to judge religions, pretending that their influence on society is nothing more than some unfathomable combination of random individual actions?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #55 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 3:34pm

freediver wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 8:34am:
So you refuse to judge religions, pretending that their influence on society is nothing more than some unfathomable combination of random individual actions?

Just keep on banging the rocks together, FD.  You'll eventually work things out...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 3:37pm

Quote:

So tell of a individual account of a muslim giving his opinion on Hilaly brian?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #57 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 3:51pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 3:37pm:
So tell of a individual account of a muslim giving his opinion on Hilaly brian?

Abdul is my oldest Muslim friend.  We served together in the Army.  He was my off-sider.  I would trust my life to him.  He is Turkish-Cypriot and has no time for people like Hilaly.  He has no time for Islamists either.   I have discussed Hilaly with him several times.  The first time, he rebuffed me 'cause he was so angry with Hilaly.  The next time he was more relaxed and we talked about Hilaly and his influence outside of Sydney (virtually non-existent in Abdul's opinion).  On the third occasion, Abdul imparted that he believe Imams like Hilaly are idiots who should never have been allowed into the country without being re-educated first.   Abdul is a senior layperson in his Mosque as well and helps manage the facility.  Of course, according to the Islamophobes, all Muslims think alike, act alike, speak alike, no individualism is allowed in Islam.  Yeah, right!   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #58 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 5:00pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 3:34pm:

Just keep on banging the rocks together, FD.  You'll eventually work things out...   Roll Eyes

Are you afraid to judge religions Brian? Is that what you learned in your doctor of divinity? Fear of criticising Islam?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #59 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 5:05pm

freediver wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 5:00pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 3:34pm:

Are you afraid to judge religions Brian? Is that what you learned in your doctor of divinity? Fear of criticising Islam?

doctor of divinity?

He told me that he had a masters degree in Defense studies.

Are we witnessing another Walter Mitty?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print