Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Cat-meat Hilaly is back as Australia's Grand Mufti (Read 11216 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Cat-meat Hilaly is back as Australia's Grand Mufti
Reply #30 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 11:21pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 6:30pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 6:14pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 4:38pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 4:31pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 4:29pm:
Why don't you join a nationalist movement Brian? you've got the right "great great grandfather" pedigree

Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

But you're only patriotic the the ethnics, not to all Australians, not to those with different views to yours

Sorry, can you please translate that into modern English?  I fear your enthusiasm has gotten the better of you.  Perhaps, if you try again, we might understand you.

I am patriotic towards Australia as a nation and all who sail in her across the sea of time.  Doesn't matter what your view is, as long as you pledge allegiance to the nation of Australia, you are an Australian, no matter what your ancestry is or what your views are.   That does not mean you cannot be criticised for those views.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

So does that mean that all the Muslims who pledge allegiance to Allah are not Australian ?

Yes.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 11:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:27pm:
Why don't you join a nationalist movement Brian? you've got the right "great great grandfather" pedigree

But you're only patriotic the the ethnics, not to all Australians, not to those with different views to yours

Sorry, can you please translate that into modern English?  I fear your enthusiasm has gotten the better of you.  Perhaps, if you try again, we might understand you.

I am patriotic towards Australia as a nation and all who sail in her across the sea of time.  Doesn't matter what your view is, as long as you pledge allegiance to the nation of Australia, you are an Australian, no matter what your ancestry is or what your views are.   That does not mean you cannot be criticised for those views.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

So does that mean that all the Muslims who pledge allegiance to Allah are not Australian ?

Only if all the Christians who pledge allegiance to Christ aren't either, Hammer.  OK?   Roll Eyes

No.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 7:04am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 2nd, 2018 at 3:14pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 1st, 2018 at 2:03pm:
Just what we need! Giving Hilaly more chances to cook up ways to incite another Cronulla riot, with LibLab support

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

And your evidence for that is, what exactly?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Another Islamophobe it seems.  The people responsible for the Cronulla Riot were the rioters themselves and oh, of course, Alan Jones and other radio "shock-jocks" who stoked up their emotions.  Tsk, tsk, appears your hatred of Muslims and the established political parties has gotten the better of you.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What about the passages of the Quran that promote violence? Do they bear any responsibility?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #33 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:17pm

freediver wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 7:04am:
Just what we need! Giving Hilaly more chances to cook up ways to incite another Cronulla riot, with LibLab support

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

And your evidence for that is, what exactly?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Another Islamophobe it seems.  The people responsible for the Cronulla Riot were the rioters themselves and oh, of course, Alan Jones and other radio "shock-jocks" who stoked up their emotions.  Tsk, tsk, appears your hatred of Muslims and the established political parties has gotten the better of you.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What about the passages of the Quran that promote violence? Do they bear any responsibility?

I wasn't aware that the "Cronulla Boys" - the actual rioters - who were (nominally) Christian, White, Anglo-Saxon/Celtic/Nordic descended people - actually read the Q'ran, FD.  Do you have any evidence of them doing so?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #34 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:18pm

Frank wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 11:22pm:

Only if all the Christians who pledge allegiance to Christ aren't either, Hammer.  OK?   Roll Eyes

No.

Ah, the old, "My Religion is OK but the other religions aren't," defence, hey, Soren?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #35 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:17pm:

I wasn't aware that the "Cronulla Boys" - the actual rioters - who were (nominally) Christian, White, Anglo-Saxon/Celtic/Nordic descended people - actually read the Q'ran, FD.  Do you have any evidence of them doing so?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Are you asking me for evidence of Muslims reading the Quran? Shall we presume they are illiterate until proven otherwise?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #36 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:43pm

freediver wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:22pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:17pm:

Are you asking me for evidence of Muslims reading the Quran? Shall we presume they are illiterate until proven otherwise?

No, I am not.  I am asking you for those responsible for the Cronulla Riot - which occurred in the morning at the suburb of Cronulla - whom were (nominally) Christian, White, Anglo-Saxon/Celtic/Nordic descended people - read the Q'ran.   This far, you have failed to produce that evidence.  I wonder why?  Mmmmm?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 6:28pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:18pm:

No.

Ah, the old, "My Religion is OK but the other religions aren't," defence, hey, Soren?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

Of course. As a mail-order dokkktor of divinity, you would know, wouldn't you,  that not all religions are equal.

Here is a question that will make you sh!t yourself (back, Karnal, BACK!!):

On what basis do you judge religions, Bwian, and on what grounds are those bases the right ones to judge religions?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #38 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 2:43pm

Frank wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 6:28pm:

No.

Of course. As a mail-order dokkktor of divinity, you would know, wouldn't you,  that not all religions are equal.

On what basis do you judge religions, Bwian, and on what grounds are those bases the right ones to judge religions?

Objectively or subjectively, Soren?  We need to think about that question, more deeply than it appears you do.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 2:53pm

Johnnie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2018 at 4:02pm:
The Grand Mufti is not state appointed and has no official role in the Australian state, so the Grand Mufti can go jump in the lake.

Smiley

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #40 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:10pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 2:43pm:

No.

Objectively or subjectively, Soren?  We need to think about that question, more deeply than it appears you do.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

I don't think Brian judges religions, other than some particularly idiotic argument that they are all equivalent.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #41 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:53pm

freediver wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:10pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 2:43pm:

No.

I don't think Brian judges religions, other than some particularly idiotic argument that they are all equivalent.

Why didn't you answer the question I asked here, FD?   Roll Eyes

I judge people on their individual actions for the most part, not on what the religion they claim to follow.   What a shame you and Soren and Moses and Yadda don't do the same, hey?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:59pm

What's your opinion of Hilaly's behaviour Brian?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #43 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 9:38pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:59pm:
What's your opinion of Hilaly's behaviour Brian?

Why is my opinion important?

I am not a Muslim.  I had no hand in his selection, nor should I have, as a non-Muslim.  What he says and does, does not effect me.  His views are only relevant IMHO to Muslims, as he was once the Grand Mufti and is now, as far as I am aware, just an Imam.

I am unsure why any non-Muslim is worried about what he says or does, actually.

Why does what he says or does concern you, Hammer?

Do you get as concerned about what the Pope or the Archbishop of Canterbury says or does?  How about the Grand Rabbi or the Grand High Panjandrum?  No, I didn't think so, Hammer.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 6:20pm

Quote:
on their individual actions

Like supporting verses in the qur'an which motivate islamic atrocities, as being the perfect unchangeable words of allah?

Quote:
unsure why any non-Muslim is worried about what he says or does

cats meat?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print