Send Topic Print
Providing evidence (Read 4487 times)
The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Providing evidence
Sep 30th, 2018 at 1:29pm

These days everything gets caught on camera.
There are dashcams, surveillance cameras and everyone has a camera on their smart phone.
The result of this is that we now get to see footage of amazing and rare events.

Tornadoes, tsunamis, fireballs and earthquakes are all things that, until the 21st century, were rarely photographed or filmed.
Now however we see footage from multiple angles and multiple vantage points.

So my question is this. If we are seeing more and better quality footage of rare events like tsunamis and fireballs, why arn't we seeing correspondingly more and better quality footage of UFOs, Yowies, ghosts, Bunyips and Yeti?

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Providing evidence
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2018 at 1:33pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Sep 30th, 2018 at 1:29pm:
There are dashcams, surveillance cameras and everyone has a camera on their smart phone.
The result of this is that we now get to see footage of amazing and rare events.

Tornadoes, tsunamis, fireballs and earthquakes are all things that, until the 21st century, were rarely photographed or filmed.

So my question is this. If we are seeing more and better quality footage of rare events like tsunamis and fireballs, why arn't we seeing correspondingly more and better quality footage of UFOs, Yowies, ghosts, Bunyips and Yeti? 

Can we blame Islam?   Undecided

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2018 at 6:26pm

Wow, very racist towards Aborigines and their sacred 40 thousand year beliefs - or is 80 thousand years by now?

Just horribly racist and aggressive  and totally insensitive to ridicule the oldest culture on the planet this way. Shame on you.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 10:07am

Or why is it that no one addresses refutations.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 9:26pm

Frank wrote on Sep 30th, 2018 at 6:26pm:

Wow, very racist towards Aborigines and their sacred 40 thousand year beliefs - or is 80 thousand years by now?

Just horribly racist and aggressive  and totally insensitive to ridicule the oldest culture on the planet this way. Shame on you.

No it's not Frank.
I am moderator of the Atheism forum so i have no issue questioning the beliefs of others. However I don't persecute and victimize people because of their beliefs and that's why I'm different to you right wing bigots.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 12:09pm

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 12:16pm

UFOs, Yowies, ghosts, Bunyips and Yeti don't congregate in the vicinity of mobile phone tower range.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 12:22pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Apr 28th, 2019 at 12:16pm:

UFOs, Yowies, ghosts, Bunyips and Yeti don't congregate in the vicinity of mobile phone tower range.

the best post

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 12:55pm

Since when did taking a photo with a mobile phone or dashcam require mobile service?

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 1:12pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Apr 28th, 2019 at 12:55pm:

Since when did taking a photo with a mobile phone or dashcam require mobile service?

Ghosts, by their very nature, are immaterial

so how could anyone photograph something which has projected its image into the mind of the beholder?

When you masturbate to an imaginary other, could you please photograph that object of your desires so we can all see it?

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 1:40pm

PZ547 wrote on Apr 28th, 2019 at 1:12pm:

so how could anyone photograph something which has projected its image into the mind of the beholder?

When you masturbate to an imaginary other, could you please photograph that object of your desires so we can all see it?

Interesting theory considering most of the so called "evidence" for ghosts is photographic

http://mentalfloss.com/article/87784/13-historys-most-famous-ghost-photos

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 3:12pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Apr 28th, 2019 at 12:55pm:

tell that to these people . Seems they disagree .... although I'd guess that you're already familiar with the site and others like it.

https://twentytwowords.com/terrifying-real-photos-of-ghosts/

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 5:11pm

PZ is right about 'Real' Ghosts of our Minds.
But no - I don't go for the photographed 'ghosts' one bit.  Roll Eyes
It's just the Entertainment Industry working at a grass roots amateur level.

Yowies, Bunyips should not have been included.
I from personal experience know that the Yeti Skull is a fake, but the 'legend' of the Yeti itself in its origination - is pretty much 'true'. There are a lot of dreadlocked, wild and very tall Tibetan 'country boys' up there.
But besides these, they are also the remainder of a near extinct assortment of later Hominid species still lingering in isolation like a slow death. Back in the past, there were many 'hermits', men who escape the violence and evil of the world, through solitude. Fear is the Mind Killer.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Apr 30th, 2019 at 10:06pm

That also makes it impossible to prove or disprove. So it's really just a unprovable belief.

I think that it is FAR more likely that those images are created by the person's own mind

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Apr 30th, 2019 at 10:09pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 28th, 2019 at 5:11pm:
But besides these, they are also the remainder of a near extinct assortment of later Hominid species still lingering in isolation like a slow death.

Yet you can't provide any evidence that they exist.
To have a viable population surely they would leave some evidence.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print