Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27
Send Topic Print
First F-35 fighter jet crash (Read 27805 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: First F-35 fighter jet crash
Reply #210 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 10:21pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 10:07pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 9:15pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 7:37pm:
or worse still, pay a truck load of money upfront for a toy plane they still can't use and no aircraft carrier to use them on. Only Tsk Tsk would say that was a good deal Sad

You do realise that the RAAF never has intended to purchase the F-35B or F-35C - the naval versions of the F-35?  It was always intended to purchase the F-35A.   Therefore it cannot be used from a carrier.

As for it being a "toy plane", well, I have no idea why you assume that...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The only one I ever saw was at a RAAF centenary show and it was made out of plastic. That's what we have got to show for all of the money doled out Cheesy LOL

And on that basis you make such a silly comment?  Oy vey!   Roll Eyes

Quote:
As for the type of plane yes of course we didn't order the naval versions because we don't have an aircraft carrier but what is the point then of ordering a plane with limited range  in the first place ?

Because we have inflight refueling aircraft which can refuel them in flight...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #211 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 6:03am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 9:35pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 7:50pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 7:46pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 6:32pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 4:17pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 3:08pm:
But Brian,
It's the properties of the lossy ferrite paint used that is
of most interest.
You're obviously not a technical person.

Ferrite paint is old hat, Bobby.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No it's not  - they add other elements to the ferrite
such as manganese and cobalt
but the technology is just the same.
Different recipes absorb different frequencies.

tsk tsk is going to publish the formula here because it is such an old idea and everyone knows about it Cheesy LOL

It just shows my superior knowledge compared to you Brian.
You had never heard of lossy ferrite before I told you.
You only found out about it because of me.
You only exist because of people like me.

Wrong, Bobby.  I first heard about Ferrite paints when I read about their use by the RAF in testing stealth coatings on the Canberra Bomber which they tested on a Canberra B.6, WK161. over a decade ago.   I next heard about them when it was revealed that the F-22 fighter was having problems with them wearing off after flights in bad weather.

I'd recommend you read, Forster, D., Black Box Canberras: British Test and Trials Canberras 1951-1994, Hikoki Publications, Manchester, 2016.   Forster has considerable detail on the trials with VK161 in 1957-58 on pages 166-168.   Roll Eyes

My information is not 60 years old.

forgiven

namaste

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #212 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:16pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 6:03am:

forgiven

namaste
\

I didn't claim it was, Bobby.  Merely that testing first occurred in 57-58.  The 30 year rule meant that nothing was known about it until 1988-89, as far as the public are concerned.

I first read about stealth experiments which were conducted by the US in the 1960s, over North Vietnam during their use of drones in the late 1980s.   I'd recommend that you get a hold of; Wagner, W., Lightning Bugs and other Reconnaissance Drones, San Diego Air and Space Museum, San Diego, 1982.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #213 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:16pm:

forgiven

namaste
\

I didn't claim it was, Bobby.  Merely that testing first occurred in 57-58.  The 30 year rule meant that nothing was known about it until 1988-89, as far as the public are concerned.

I first read about stealth experiments which were conducted by the US in the 1960s, over North Vietnam during their use of drones in the late 1980s.   I'd recommend that you get a hold of; Wagner, W., Lightning Bugs and other Reconnaissance Drones, San Diego Air and Space Museum, San Diego, 1982.

Brian,
there are 1000s of articles on it on the internet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation-absorbent_material

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #214 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:59pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:17pm:

forgiven

namaste
\

I first read about stealth experiments which were conducted by the US in the 1960s, over North Vietnam during their use of drones, in the late 1980s.   I'd recommend that you get a hold of; Wagner, W., Lightning Bugs and other Reconnaissance Drones, San Diego Air and Space Museum, San Diego, 1982.

Brian,

The Internet didn't exist when I first started doing Defence, Bobby.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #215 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 6:18pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:59pm:

forgiven

namaste
\

I first read about stealth experiments which were conducted by the US in the 1960s, over North Vietnam during their use of drones, in the late 1980s.   I'd recommend that you get a hold of; Wagner, W., Lightning Bugs and other Reconnaissance Drones, San Diego Air and Space Museum, San Diego, 1982.

Brian,

The Internet didn't exist when I first started doing Defence, Bobby.    Roll Eyes

Same as me.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #216 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 10:16pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 6:18pm:

forgiven

namaste
\

Brian,

Same as me.

And yet you keep making errors...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #217 - Oct 12th, 2018 at 5:01am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 10:16pm:

forgiven

namaste
\

Brian,

Same as me.

The Fonz - wrong?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #218 - Oct 12th, 2018 at 1:19pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 12th, 2018 at 5:01am:

forgiven

namaste
\

Brian,

Same as me.

The Fonz - wrong?

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Delusions?   How unsurprising, Bobby.  When does the Nurse arrive with your medicines?  Mmmm?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #219 - Oct 12th, 2018 at 1:31pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 12th, 2018 at 1:19pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 12th, 2018 at 5:01am:

forgiven

namaste
\

Brian,

Same as me.

The Fonz - wrong?

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Delusions?   How unsurprising, Bobby.  When does the Nurse arrive with your medicines?  Mmmm?    Roll Eyes

Probably after she's given you yours in a vain attempt to reduce the inflammation of your 'Daily Dose of Bullshite'........tsk, tsk, tsk............. Roll Eyes

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #220 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 1:03pm

Hi Fuzz - Brian doesn't know - if you want to know - ask me.

It looks like the F22 is better than the F35.

https://www.quora.com/Is-an-F-22-Raptor-better-than-the-F-35

The Yanks won’t sell the F22 to any other country.
Same with the Stealth F117 – they bulldozed them into the ground -
rather than let any other country have them.
Also - the Yanks won’t sell us Tomahawk cruise missiles either.
They always make sure that they have a large edge over anyone else in the world.

Do we get the fish that John West rejects?

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #221 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 1:06pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 1:03pm:
Hi Fuzz - Brian doesn't know - if you want to know - ask me.

It looks like the F22 is better than the F35.

https://www.quora.com/Is-an-F-22-Raptor-better-than-the-F-35

The Yanks won’t sell the F22 to any other country.
Same with the Stealth F117 – they bulldozed them into the ground -
rather than let any other country have them.
Also - the Yanks won’t sell us Tomahawk cruise missiles either.
They always make sure that they have a large edge over anyone else in the world.

Do we get the fish that John West rejects?

The F-22 actually works and it looks like Trump maybe resurrecting its nemesis the YF23 that lost out to the F22 Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #222 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 1:13pm

F117s buried:

https://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2014/11/f-117-nighthawk-stealth-fighters-buried...

Meanwhile, rumour has it that the remainder of the mothballed fleet is being (or has been) quietly buried deep within the Tonopah Test Range complex. It’s even been suggested, though not confirmed, that aircraft will be interred in graves marked with their unique names and numbers for posterity’s sake.

Multiple sources once closely related to the program say that the hangar facilities at Tonopah allotted to the dismantled F-117s are not adequate for long-term storage of the jets and are in demand by “other programs” that will remodel them for their needs. Thus these stealth mummies of sorts will be disposed of over time by being stripped of their useful parts… and buried within the highly secured vicinity of the Tonopah Test Range Air Base.”

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #223 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 1:18pm

Australia wasn't allowed to have any old F117s.

https://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2013/01/top-secret-aircraft-classified-stealth-...

Top Secret Tombs: The Classified Stealth Aircraft Burial Grounds of Area 51

In Abandoned, Military, Transportation / By Tom / 3 January 2013

Four pre-production YF-117s are displayed at museums across the United States. A fifth was scrapped at Palmdale in April 2008 to test effective methods of destroying F-117 airframes. Meanwhile, rumours persist that the mothballed fleet is in the process of being dismantled and buried at Tonopah, miles from public land. According to AviationIntel.com: “Some have even said the jets will get their own headstones with their unique names inscribed on them for posterity sake, although USAF officials have never corroborated such a claim.” If true, it marks a strangely eerie departure from the traditional aircraft graveyard, though underscoring an ongoing respect for the deactivated F-117s.
Unmarked Aircraft Graves at Groom Lake.

The Nighthawks may be the latest airframes to be entombed in the desert, but the practice is hardly new. More than 12 aircraft wrecks are known to have been buried in unmarked graves at Groom Lake since the 1950s. These include four U-2 spy planes, several A-12s (predecessors of the SR-71 Blackbird), an F-101 chase plane (crashed 1965), a Russian-built MiG-23 that had come into U.S. possession (crashed 1984) and two Lockheed Have Blue proof-of-concept aircraft that crashed near Area 51 while demonstrating technology for the F-117 in the late 1970s.

When they crashed, these aircraft were still highly classified. Lockheed engineers have since searched fruitlessly for one of the Have Blue aircraft (above), which was said to be relatively intact. But the search was terminated when diggers allegedly began unearthing other classified projects. The Have Blue’s final resting place, thought to be south of the main hangar complex, has now reportedly been paved over.

near-have-blue-resting-place (Image: Google Earth; Have Blue burial site rumoured to be in above vicinity)

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #224 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 1:21pm

Why would they bury a MIG 23 ? They could have sold that to the ADF. At least they could use it Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27
Send Topic Print