Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27
Send Topic Print
First F-35 fighter jet crash (Read 27815 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: First F-35 fighter jet crash
Reply #180 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 12:25am

Bobby. wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 6:17pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:25pm:
I used 2 youtube videos to illustrate the point I was making - the S300 and S400 missiles are not that terribly reliable - just most Russian gear is not that terribly reliable, particularly once you get away from simple mechanical methods.

Bobby, you have failed dismally to show much real understanding of this topic.  I think I'll just leave you here, if that is OK with you?  It'll save any more embarrassment for either of us.   Roll Eyes

Brian,
are you saying that you're kind of a big deal?

Nope.  I am merely more knowledgeable than you, Bobby.   You're just ignorant.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #181 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 5:53am

Brian,
are you saying that you're kind of a big deal?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #182 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:02pm

Now, what I saying about crew shortages for the submarines being a limiting factor?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

Crew shortage could leave Australia's new submarines high and dry – report 

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #183 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:07pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:02pm:
Now, what I saying about crew shortages for the submarines being a limiting factor?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

And I was right:

The Submarine Institute of Australia president, Mark Sander, a former Oberon submariner, said it can be difficult to attract people to the job, despite the high salaries, because of the unique working conditions.

Submariners can be at sea for months on end without sunlight and they spend long periods away from family.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #184 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:56pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:07pm:

And I was right:

The Submarine Institute of Australia president, Mark Sander, a former Oberon submariner, said it can be difficult to attract people to the job, despite the high salaries, because of the unique working conditions.

Submariners can be at sea for months on end without sunlight and they spend long periods away from family.

Errr, that was basically what I said, Bobby.  Please be original.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

That newspaper report supports everything I've said, Bobby - Crews are the major limiting factor on how long a submarine can spend at sea on Operations.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #185 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:59pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:56pm:

And I was right:

Errr, that was basically what I said, Bobby.  Please be original.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

That newspaper report supports everything I've said, Bobby - Crews are the major limiting factor on how long a submarine can spend at sea on Operations.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Why don't they pay them huge bucks?
They should pay them at least $200k per annum.
It's a dangerous job stuck inside a claustrophobic sub full of homos.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #186 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:51pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:59pm:

And I was right:

And blow out the Defence budget, Bobby?

Would be much easier if they moved their home base to Sydney, rather than Perth.  More people live in the East than the West.  Most people would be willing to serve there than in Perth.

They are already amongst the three highest paid groups in the ADF, Bobby.  They are paid the equivalent of the Army's "Special Forces" diggers and the Air Forces' pilots IIRC.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #187 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 8:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:51pm:

And I was right:

Would be much easier if they moved their home base to Sydney, rather than Perth.  More people live in the East than the West.  Most people would be willing to serve there than in Perth.

They are already amongst the three highest paid groups in the ADF, Bobby.  They are paid the equivalent of the Army's "Special Forces" diggers and the Air Forces' pilots IIRC.

It's not enough to lure them.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #188 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 9:26pm

Have you got a little stiffy now, Gobby?

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #189 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 12:05pm

Ok Tsk Tsk explain this one. How does an F117 end up in chinese hands ?

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #190 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 2:28pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 12:05pm:

By having a stupid mission planner along with a stupid pilot who fly the same route - exactly - on each mission they undertake?

By being shot down by Serbian gunners who are awake to what the F-117 are doing each night, flying the same route at the same height?

By thinking that "stealh" made them invisible to all and sundry who weren't using their Mk.1 Eyeballs?

The Chinese bought the remains of the F-117 off the Serbs after the USAF bombed their embassy in Belgrade.   Funny how money talks, isn't it?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #191 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 2:37pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 2:28pm:

By having a stupid mission planner along with a stupid pilot who fly the same route - exactly - on each mission they undertake?

By being shot down by Serbian gunners who are awake to what the F-117 are doing each night, flying the same route at the same height?

By thinking that "stealh" made them invisible to all and sundry who weren't using their Mk.1 Eyeballs?

The Chinese bought the remains of the F-117 off the Serbs after the USAF bombed their embassy in Belgrade.   Funny how money talks, isn't it?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Unless it's a fake news video?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #192 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 2:54pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 2:28pm:

Unless it's a fake news video?

Who cares?  The F-117 is technology that is over 40 years old, Bobby.  It was the first iteration of Stealth.  It was when computer technology (used to design the aircraft) was relatively primitive.   It is why the aircraft is so faceted.  Nowadays, with more advanced computer technology aircraft can be designed much more rounded in form, with better reflectivity.  My PC has substantially more computing power than the computers they used to design the F-117.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #193 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 3:08pm

But Brian,
It's the properties of the lossy ferrite paint used that is
of most interest.
You're obviously not a technical person.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #194 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 3:13pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:51pm:

And I was right:

Why? If the ADF can finance gender reassignment surgeries for it's staff it can pay it's submariners a decent wicket.

How many submariners are required for 6 to 8 subs?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27
Send Topic Print