Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 27
Send Topic Print
First F-35 fighter jet crash (Read 27561 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: First F-35 fighter jet crash
Reply #135 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:30pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:46am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:31am:
Vlads MIG41 will smash this old land rover to bits.

Stupid Australians following the yanks.

No MIG-41s until 2025.

IF purchased by the Russian airforce.  There is no evidence it has been, Bobby.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:

*SIGH* comparing apples with oranges, again, Bobby?

The MiG41 is an interceptor.  The F-35 is a fighter-bomber.  The MiG41 is designed to climb fast, fly fast and fire it's missiles at the enemy aircraft it has intercepted.   The F-35 is intended to fly a long way, evade the enemy's defences and attack their assets.   The MiG41 is intended to intercept aircraft like the F-35.   Being Russian, of course, it will fail and fail badly at doing so.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #136 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:56pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:27pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 11:31pm:
Brian,
you're ignorant.

Am I?  You have thus far failed to prove I am ignorant, Bobby.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
The mining companies are not paying more it's
just that submarines are horrible claustrophobic places
and they are extremely dangerous to be in.
Did you hear about the Collins that was nearly lost at sea?
Who would want to serve in an underwater coffin?

Nearly, is not certain, Bobby.  I've known quite a few submariners.  They were more than happy to serve on Oberons and Collins class boats - the pay was simply better onloand than on the boats so, guess which won in the end?   Safety is a concern in any profession, the Navy more than many.  Submarines are dangerous but we have yet to lose a boat thankfully.

Quote:
The F35 may if fact turn out to be the best aeroplane but
it's by no means assured.
It has failed to meet many of it's prerequisite capabilities.
The Govts. just changed the goal posts in the match so
that the F35 would pass.
It's too heavy, too slow & it can't climb nearly as fast as previous aircraft.
It's not perfectly stealthy either.
Many of its missions would have to be carried
out by tomahawk cruise missiles -
especially to destroy the S-400 missile systems from Russia.

Well, we thankfully aren't yet going up against anyone armed with the S-400 system, Bobby and more than likely won't.  The Russians don't give away such expensive SAMs without making their recipients pay the full tote odds for them.

Quote:
Brian - you are forgiven but I feel
you are a worthy student to teach.

namaste

You have nothing to teach me, Bobby.  I snatched the pebbles from the hands of my real teachers over 20 years ago when I was awarded my Master of Defence Studies degree.   Teachers I must add who far surpass anything you know.  Funny that, hey?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

dear Brian,
since this an anonymous forum there is no way you can prove any qualifications -
one of the reasons I don't boast about my own.
You are still my student:

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #137 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 3:05pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:56pm:
Brian,
you're ignorant.

Quote:

Nearly, is not certain, Bobby.  I've known quite a few submariners.  They were more than happy to serve on Oberons and Collins class boats - the pay was simply better onloand than on the boats so, guess which won in the end?   Safety is a concern in any profession, the Navy more than many.  Submarines are dangerous but we have yet to lose a boat thankfully.

Quote:
that the F35 would pass.

Well, we thankfully aren't yet going up against anyone armed with the S-400 system, Bobby and more than likely won't.  The Russians don't give away such expensive SAMs without making their recipients pay the full tote odds for them.

Quote:

namaste

You have nothing to teach me, Bobby.  I snatched the pebbles from the hands of my real teachers over 20 years ago when I was awarded my Master of Defence Studies degree.   Teachers I must add who far surpass anything you know.  Funny that, hey?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

dear Brian,
since this an anonymous forum there is no way you can prove any qualifications -

No, I am not, Bobby.

I do not boast, i inform.  I am proud of my Masters as it is in a rare subject - Defence Studies.   It is why I know so much about Defence matters.  Far more than dilettantes like you, Bobby.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #138 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:03pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 3:05pm:
Brian,
you're ignorant.

Quote:

Quote:
that the F35 would pass.

Quote:

namaste

dear Brian,

No, I am not, Bobby.

I do not boast, i inform.  I am proud of my Masters as it is in a rare subject - Defence Studies.   It is why I know so much about Defence matters.  Far more than dilettantes like you, Bobby.   Roll Eyes

I don't believe you bwyannnnnn
bwyannnnnn
I'd like a signed affidavit in triplicate with evidence before I believe anything you say.

Sound familiar?

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #139 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:03pm

No, I am not, Bobby.

OK Brian,
I will give you a chance to prove yourself.
In the quote made below:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/05/asia/india-s400-deal-intl/index.html

Quote:
The Turkey deal has caused consternation in Washington, where a bipartisan group of lawmakers have attempted to block the transfer of the US' F-35 Joint Strike Fighters to Turkey, citing security concerns.
US defense officials believe once operational, the S-400 could be used to gather technical data on US designed fighter planes and that critical information could be passed to Moscow either intentionally or unintentionally through a back door in the Russian designed system.
India's purchase of the S-400 may result in the US refusing to sell "advanced fighter aircraft types" to Delhi in the future, said Layton.

What are they referring to when they say?

"intentionally or unintentionally through a back door in the Russian designed system."

I know the answer so - you tell us all and then I'll give the real answer.
It won't be on Google so don't bother looking.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 5:45pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 2:14pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:58am:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 9:25pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:24pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:11pm:
I don't care what you say Brian,
I want my tax payers money to be putting 5 out of 6 subs in the deep blue sea at all times - 24 hours per day  365 days per year -

having only 1 sub out there sometimes, is a huge embarrassment -
heads should roll.

I agree .... 3 out of six subs should be at sea at staggered intervals whilst others are on shore leave & for maintenance.

Fine in theory - if there are sufficient crews, Gnads.  Unfortunately, the Mining Boom put paid to that.   We are slowly recovering from that.  Slowly - something you don't seem to take into account - the amount of time it takes to train submarine crewmen.   Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes more repetition Brian. The mining boom has been ... there have been staff reductions all over the industry of late. Technology innit.

Driverless trains, driverless dump trucks ... etc etc

And who maintains the trains, the dump trucks, keeps their engines working, Gnads?  You do realise there is still quite a market for people trained in heavy diesel engine maintenance and so on?   Or don't you?  Do you think that the trains/trucks just roll out of their sheds, lacking it appears according to you, drivers without ever having any maintenance undertaken on them?  Really?  Gnads, you really are ignorant, aren't you?

Oh, and "driverless systems" are still in their infancy, in the real world.   Some big advances have been made but no one is really implementing such systems on a wide scale, yet.

Run along, Gnads, I heard your little friends in the little kiddies' playground calling you.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

That's still a massive reduction in operational staff you dolt.

You're one of the tossers that follows the downward trend in employment opportunities and conditions to the lowest common denominator and think it good.

As for the introduction of driverless technology being in its infancy then you are as mistaken as you claim I am regarding the F35.

The trialing & experimentation with driverless trains in the iron ore industry has been going on for decades ... Rio Tinto have already started it in the Pilbara & the bug ironing out is just about completed.

BHP are set to follow.

I have 45 years in the rail industry ... you?

Naff off you patronising condescending twerp.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 5:46pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:30pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:14pm:
Brian,
you have a superiority complex.
You're not that smart.

Oh, I agree with you, Bobby.  I'm just smarter than you and Gnads and most other people here on this topic...   Smiley

You're smarter than no one.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 5:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:10pm:
Oh, I agree with you.  However, unlike you, I recognise that we cannot - as long as we lack sufficient trained crew.   As long as the mining companies keep paying more than the RAN does, where do you think the RAN crew will end up?  Mmm?

Partially yes, partially no.  The F-35 is the most advanced fighter-bomber aircraft available at the present time (and for the next 10 years).   There is simply no other aircraft as advanced.  No other aircraft that is as stealthy, packed with advanced electronics and able to carry weapons which as advanced as it does.   Until you can find me an aircraft that is more advanced than the F-35 and which we can afford to purchase, as cheaply as we are the F-35 (on the basis of the systems that it carries), I will continue to back the F-35.   Simples really.  Something the detractors of the F-35 never do, BTW, Bobby.

Now, if you know more than you're letting on, why do you keep making such simple mistakes all the time?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

Brian,
you're ignorant.

that the F35 would pass.

read some more here:

Quote:
The Turkey deal has caused consternation in Washington, where a bipartisan group of lawmakers have attempted to block the transfer of the US' F-35 Joint Strike Fighters to Turkey, citing security concerns.
US defense officials believe once operational, the S-400 could be used to gather technical data on US designed fighter planes and that critical information could be passed to Moscow either intentionally or unintentionally through a back door in the Russian designed system.
India's purchase of the S-400 may result in the US refusing to sell "advanced fighter aircraft types" to Delhi in the future, said Layton.

namaste

He's not ignorant ... he's deliberately a half smart arse.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #143 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 5:52pm

Brian,
you're ignorant.

Quote:

Quote:
that the F35 would pass.

Quote:

namaste

That should read MASTER BATERS DEGREE.

Simply put Brian you're a detestable wanker.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #144 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:07pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 5:46pm:
Brian,
You're not that smart.

Oh, I agree with you, Bobby.  I'm just smarter than you and Gnads and most other people here on this topic...   Smiley

Don't worry - I've asked Brian a question -

let's see if he can answer it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #145 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:15pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:03pm:
No, I am not, Bobby.

OK Brian,
I will give you a chance to prove yourself.
In the quote made below:

Quote:

What are they referring to when they say?

"intentionally or unintentionally through a back door in the Russian designed system."

I know the answer so - you tell us all and then I'll give the real answer.
It won't be on Google so don't bother looking.

Oh, dearie, dearie me.  Well Bobby, what it means is that the Russians might get out of their S-400 system the stealth "signatures" of stealth systems if they were sold by the US to India.    They could design their systems to accept a remote login from a system outside the Indian system and download all the information it has been either programmed with or it has detected when operating with these hypothetical systems that the US might sell to India.  They could either do this overtly or covertly.

Personally, I think the yanks are going a bit over the top.  Stealth systems are not the holy grail they are being made out to be.  The Russians have this knowledge, indeed there is quite a bit of evidence that they were the first to propose such a system, way back in the 1970s.  It appears to be their way of warning off the Russians as potential competitors.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #146 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:22pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 5:45pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 2:14pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:58am:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 9:25pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:24pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:11pm:
I don't care what you say Brian,
I want my tax payers money to be putting 5 out of 6 subs in the deep blue sea at all times - 24 hours per day  365 days per year -

having only 1 sub out there sometimes, is a huge embarrassment -
heads should roll.

I agree .... 3 out of six subs should be at sea at staggered intervals whilst others are on shore leave & for maintenance.

Fine in theory - if there are sufficient crews, Gnads.  Unfortunately, the Mining Boom put paid to that.   We are slowly recovering from that.  Slowly - something you don't seem to take into account - the amount of time it takes to train submarine crewmen.   Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes more repetition Brian. The mining boom has been ... there have been staff reductions all over the industry of late. Technology innit.

Driverless trains, driverless dump trucks ... etc etc

And who maintains the trains, the dump trucks, keeps their engines working, Gnads?  You do realise there is still quite a market for people trained in heavy diesel engine maintenance and so on?   Or don't you?  Do you think that the trains/trucks just roll out of their sheds, lacking it appears according to you, drivers without ever having any maintenance undertaken on them?  Really?  Gnads, you really are ignorant, aren't you?

Oh, and "driverless systems" are still in their infancy, in the real world.   Some big advances have been made but no one is really implementing such systems on a wide scale, yet.

Run along, Gnads, I heard your little friends in the little kiddies' playground calling you.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

That's still a massive reduction in operational staff you dolt.

You're one of the tossers that follows the downward trend in employment opportunities and conditions to the lowest common denominator and think it good.

As for the introduction of driverless technology being in its infancy then you are as mistaken as you claim I am regarding the F35.

The trialing & experimentation with driverless trains in the iron ore industry has been going on for decades ... Rio Tinto have already started it in the Pilbara & the bug ironing out is just about completed.

BHP are set to follow.

I have 45 years in the rail industry ... you?

Naff off you patronising condescending twerp.

I have no experience in the rail industry, Gnads.  However, I read the IT press and as far as I am aware, driverless technology is still in it's relative infancy.   Rio has only been trialling this for about the last 5 years.   AIUI they are still undertaking trial implementations.  The Unions will prevent them from implementing it on a widescale though, I do not doubt.

The number of operating staff might be decreasing as a consequence but the number of maintenance staff will actually increase as a consequence.   You will require staff to not only maintain the motive sources but the operating systems and comms.   Guess where the big dollars will be?

The RAN will not be able to match the mining companies when it comes to wages for the next five-ten years IMO, Gnads.   The RAN submarine fleet will continue to languish in port for the foreseeable future.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #147 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:23pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 5:46pm:
Brian,
You're not that smart.

Doesn't look that way, Gnads.  Tsk, tsk.  I really don't know why I bother with you, I really don't.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #148 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:26pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 5:52pm:
Brian,
you're ignorant.

Quote:

Quote:
that the F35 would pass.

Quote:

namaste

That should read MASTER BATERS DEGREE.

Simply put Brian you're a detestable wanker.

Sorry, Gnads, what was it you typed that was a valued contribution to this thread?  Oh, nothing?  How unusual, hey?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #149 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:30pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:03pm:
Brian,
you're ignorant.

Quote:

Quote:
that the F35 would pass.

Quote:

namaste

dear Brian,

No, I am not, Bobby.

I don't believe you bwyannnnnn
bwyannnnnn
I'd like a signed affidavit in triplicate with evidence before I believe anything you say.

Sound familiar?

Was there anything of value in your contribution, Valkie?  No, it doesn't appear so.  Tsk, tsk, I really don't know why you bother, I really don't.   Such a waste of electrons.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 27
Send Topic Print