Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27
Send Topic Print
First F-35 fighter jet crash (Read 27577 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: First F-35 fighter jet crash
Reply #120 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 2:09pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:56am:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:46pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:22pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 3:55pm:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  It is obvious that you know absolutely nothing about this topic.  Run along back to your bridge.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Have you been told today?

Consider yourself told ....  Roll Eyes

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Run along Gnads, run along.  Your little friends in the little kiddies' playground are calling you.   Roll Eyes

You're a complete tosser Brian.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Run along Gnads, run along.  Your little friends in the little kiddies' playground are calling you.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #121 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 2:14pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:58am:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 9:25pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:24pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:11pm:
I don't care what you say Brian,
I want my tax payers money to be putting 5 out of 6 subs in the deep blue sea at all times - 24 hours per day  365 days per year -

having only 1 sub out there sometimes, is a huge embarrassment -
heads should roll.

I agree .... 3 out of six subs should be at sea at staggered intervals whilst others are on shore leave & for maintenance.

Fine in theory - if there are sufficient crews, Gnads.  Unfortunately, the Mining Boom put paid to that.   We are slowly recovering from that.  Slowly - something you don't seem to take into account - the amount of time it takes to train submarine crewmen.   Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes more repetition Brian. The mining boom has been ... there have been staff reductions all over the industry of late. Technology innit.

Driverless trains, driverless dump trucks ... etc etc

And who maintains the trains, the dump trucks, keeps their engines working, Gnads?  You do realise there is still quite a market for people trained in heavy diesel engine maintenance and so on?   Or don't you?  Do you think that the trains/trucks just roll out of their sheds, lacking it appears according to you, drivers without ever having any maintenance undertaken on them?  Really?  Gnads, you really are ignorant, aren't you?

Oh, and "driverless systems" are still in their infancy, in the real world.   Some big advances have been made but no one is really implementing such systems on a wide scale, yet.

Run along, Gnads, I heard your little friends in the little kiddies' playground calling you.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #122 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:14pm

Brian,
you have a superiority complex.
You're not that smart.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #123 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:30pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:14pm:
Brian,
You're not that smart.

Oh, I agree with you, Bobby.  I'm just smarter than you and Gnads and most other people here on this topic...   Smiley

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #124 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:34pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:30pm:
Brian,
You're not that smart.

Oh, I agree with you, Bobby.  I'm just smarter than you and Gnads and most other people here on this topic...   Smiley

Tsk  Tsk.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #125 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:39pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:34pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:30pm:
Brian,
You're not that smart.

Tsk  Tsk.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Bobby.  Do you revel in your ignorance and foolishness?  Appears so.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #126 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:53pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Brian.  Do you revel in your ignorance and foolishness?  Appears so.  Tsk, tsk.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #127 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:57pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:53pm:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Brian.  Do you revel in your ignorance and foolishness?  Appears so.  Tsk, tsk.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Such a silly sausage, Bobby.  No prizes for second place.   Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #128 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:00pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:57pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Such a silly sausage, Bobby.  No prizes for second place.   Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

Brian - I actually know more about this topic than you think.
I can't give out the information.
I know that we should have a lot more than 1 sub at sea - that's pathetic.

The only reason we're buying F35s is that it enables us  to
operate in the same battlefield area as the Yanks.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #129 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:10pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:00pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:57pm:

Brian - I actually know more about this topic than you think.
I can't give out the information.
I know that we should have a lot more than 1 sub at sea - that's pathetic.

Oh, I agree with you.  However, unlike you, I recognise that we cannot - as long as we lack sufficient trained crew.   As long as the mining companies keep paying more than the RAN does, where do you think the RAN crew will end up?  Mmm?

Quote:
The only reason we're buying F35s is that it enables us  to
operate in the same battlefield area as the Yanks.

Partially yes, partially no.  The F-35 is the most advanced fighter-bomber aircraft available at the present time (and for the next 10 years).   There is simply no other aircraft as advanced.  No other aircraft that is as stealthy, packed with advanced electronics and able to carry weapons which as advanced as it does.   Until you can find me an aircraft that is more advanced than the F-35 and which we can afford to purchase, as cheaply as we are the F-35 (on the basis of the systems that it carries), I will continue to back the F-35.   Simples really.  Something the detractors of the F-35 never do, BTW, Bobby.

Now, if you know more than you're letting on, why do you keep making such simple mistakes all the time?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #130 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 11:31pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:10pm:
Oh, I agree with you.  However, unlike you, I recognise that we cannot - as long as we lack sufficient trained crew.   As long as the mining companies keep paying more than the RAN does, where do you think the RAN crew will end up?  Mmm?

Partially yes, partially no.  The F-35 is the most advanced fighter-bomber aircraft available at the present time (and for the next 10 years).   There is simply no other aircraft as advanced.  No other aircraft that is as stealthy, packed with advanced electronics and able to carry weapons which as advanced as it does.   Until you can find me an aircraft that is more advanced than the F-35 and which we can afford to purchase, as cheaply as we are the F-35 (on the basis of the systems that it carries), I will continue to back the F-35.   Simples really.  Something the detractors of the F-35 never do, BTW, Bobby.

Now, if you know more than you're letting on, why do you keep making such simple mistakes all the time?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

Brian,
you're ignorant.

The mining companies are not paying more it's
just that submarines are horrible claustrophobic places
and they are extremely dangerous to be in.
Did you hear about the Collins that was nearly lost at sea?
Who would want to serve in an underwater coffin?

The F35 may if fact turn out to be the best aeroplane but
it's by no means assured.
It has failed to meet many of it's prerequisite capabilities.
The Govts. just changed the goal posts in the match so
that the F35 would pass.
It's too heavy, too slow & it can't climb nearly as fast as previous aircraft.
It's not perfectly stealthy either.
Many of its missions would have to be carried
out by tomahawk cruise missiles -
especially to destroy the S-400 missile systems from Russia.

read some more here:
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/05/asia/india-s400-deal-intl/index.html

Quote:
The Turkey deal has caused consternation in Washington, where a bipartisan group of lawmakers have attempted to block the transfer of the US' F-35 Joint Strike Fighters to Turkey, citing security concerns.
US defense officials believe once operational, the S-400 could be used to gather technical data on US designed fighter planes and that critical information could be passed to Moscow either intentionally or unintentionally through a back door in the Russian designed system.
India's purchase of the S-400 may result in the US refusing to sell "advanced fighter aircraft types" to Delhi in the future, said Layton.

Brian - you are forgiven but I feel
you are a worthy student to teach.

namaste

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:31am

Vlads MIG41 will smash this old land rover to bits.

Stupid Australians following the yanks.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #132 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:46am

Captain Caveman wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:31am:

No MIG-41s until 2025.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_MiG-41

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #133 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 7:26am

Captain Caveman wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:31am:

A mach 4, ramjet equipped fighter that can operate in near space with anti-missile lasers (according to the manufacturer).

Sure I saw that movie once. They sent Clint Eastwood over to steal it and fly it back to America. Have it on DVD somewhere.

/think in Russian...

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #134 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:27pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 11:31pm:
Brian,
you're ignorant.

Am I?  You have thus far failed to prove I am ignorant, Bobby.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
The mining companies are not paying more it's
just that submarines are horrible claustrophobic places
and they are extremely dangerous to be in.
Did you hear about the Collins that was nearly lost at sea?
Who would want to serve in an underwater coffin?

Nearly, is not certain, Bobby.  I've known quite a few submariners.  They were more than happy to serve on Oberons and Collins class boats - the pay was simply better onloand than on the boats so, guess which won in the end?   Safety is a concern in any profession, the Navy more than many.  Submarines are dangerous but we have yet to lose a boat thankfully.

Quote:
The F35 may if fact turn out to be the best aeroplane but
it's by no means assured.
It has failed to meet many of it's prerequisite capabilities.
The Govts. just changed the goal posts in the match so
that the F35 would pass.
It's too heavy, too slow & it can't climb nearly as fast as previous aircraft.
It's not perfectly stealthy either.
Many of its missions would have to be carried
out by tomahawk cruise missiles -
especially to destroy the S-400 missile systems from Russia.

Well, we thankfully aren't yet going up against anyone armed with the S-400 system, Bobby and more than likely won't.  The Russians don't give away such expensive SAMs without making their recipients pay the full tote odds for them.

Quote:
Brian - you are forgiven but I feel
you are a worthy student to teach.

namaste

You have nothing to teach me, Bobby.  I snatched the pebbles from the hands of my real teachers over 20 years ago when I was awarded my Master of Defence Studies degree.   Teachers I must add who far surpass anything you know.  Funny that, hey?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27
Send Topic Print