Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27
Send Topic Print
First F-35 fighter jet crash (Read 27564 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: First F-35 fighter jet crash
Reply #105 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:16am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 9:34pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 5:59pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 3:26pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 2nd, 2018 at 6:09pm:
How many fully working Collins subs are actually on patrol out in the deep sea?

If I told you that, Bobby, I'd have to kill you afterwards.   Smiley

In theory, we should have two on patrol, two in training and two in refit.   AIUI we actually have about 1.5 on patrol, 1.5 in training and 3 in refit (and please don't ask me what .5 of a submarine looks like.   Roll Eyes )

Only 1.5 actually out there in the deep blue sea?

That's an embarrassment.

Why?

I expected at least 5 to be at sea, protecting our nation.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #106 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:01pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:16am:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 9:34pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 5:59pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 3:26pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 2nd, 2018 at 6:09pm:
How many fully working Collins subs are actually on patrol out in the deep sea?

If I told you that, Bobby, I'd have to kill you afterwards.   Smiley

In theory, we should have two on patrol, two in training and two in refit.   AIUI we actually have about 1.5 on patrol, 1.5 in training and 3 in refit (and please don't ask me what .5 of a submarine looks like.   Roll Eyes )

Only 1.5 actually out there in the deep blue sea?

That's an embarrassment.

Why?

I expected at least 5 to be at sea, protecting our nation.

Nope.  Never going to happen, Bobby.  The limiting factor is crew.  You cannot expect the crew to spend all their lives at sea.

In modern logistical terms, you invariably aim for about one third of your vessels (of any type) to be at sea, operating with the fleet, during peacetime.  You expect another third to be training to go to sea, for operations with the fleet.  You expect the last third to be in refit - having repairs made, batteries replaced, etc.   When we have fifteen submarines and no mining boom, you can expect approximately five to be on operations in peacetime, Bobby.

In wartime, you can expect a surge BTW, with approximately an additional sixth of your force going to sea on operations, with another sixth in training and another third undergoing refits.

Refitting submarines takes years BTW.  Nuclear submarines take longer of course but we don't have any of them nor expect to have any in the foreseeable future.   We lack the nuclear industry to support them.   We do not have the nuclear technicians to maintain them and we lack the nuclear fuel to run them.   We would need to create a whole new nuclear training and support industry.  It would significantly skew our Defence budget.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #107 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:11pm

I don't care what you say Brian,
I want my tax payers money to be putting 5 out of 6 subs in the deep blue sea at all times - 24 hours per day  365 days per year -

having only 1 sub out there sometimes, is a huge embarrassment -
heads should roll.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 3:55pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 2nd, 2018 at 6:25pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 2nd, 2018 at 4:50pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 2nd, 2018 at 4:14pm:
Oh dear what a dill ....

15 years we have been involved in the F35 program

we signed for 48 under LABOR & now 72 with the LNP ...

we got one or two testers last year & one or two 2018...

won't see a operational unit until after 2022.

So much for we what we need now ... putz. Roll Eyes

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  I suppose we should have just dropped into the corner shop and bought a new fighter-bomber off the shelf?  In reality, what happened was the US suggested we might like to become involved in the development and manufacture of a new aircraft and therefore we could buy it at a reduced price.  The Australian Government accepted and we placed an initial order for 48 and then later an increased order for up to 72 aircraft. These are not things you buy off the shelf, if you're a first world nation.  You try and cut the best deal possible with off-sets where we manufacture parts of the aircraft or other aircraft which the original manufacturers purchase back off us.

The F-35 is still the most advanced fighter-bomber jet aircraft in production.  A fact that you cannot get away from, no matter how much you whinge and whine.  Aircraft nowadays take time to develop and the F-35 is running roughly on schedule.  20 years from the time the first pen hit the paper is not bad going nowadays.   Nothing else matches the F-35 at the moment or for the foreseeable future.   Get over it and stop your whinging and whining.   Roll Eyes

Stop waffling Bwian ... all that shoots your "here & now & not the future" drivel ... out of the sky.

20 years? what rot.

20 years old & the state of the art?

That's what the critics said .... an old pig with lipstick.

As for running to schedule ... that's another crock of shyte ...

it's years behind.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  It is obvious that you know absolutely nothing about this topic.  Run along back to your bridge.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Have you been told today?

Consider yourself told ....  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:24pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:11pm:
I want my tax payers money to be putting 5 out of 6 subs in the deep blue sea at all times - 24 hours per day  365 days per year -

heads should roll.

I agree .... 3 out of six subs should be at sea at staggered intervals whilst others are on shore leave & for maintenance.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #110 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:01pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:24pm:

heads should roll.

I agree .... 3 out of six subs should be at sea at staggered intervals whilst others are on shore leave & for maintenance.

There should be a fresh crew waiting & no more than 3 days
maintenance when they go to shore -
refuel, replenish the food & other supplies & back out to sea.

Military quality products shouldn't break down all the time -
they should go for 10 years or more between services.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #111 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:29pm

heads should roll.

Run along, Bobby, run along.  I can hear your playmates in the little kiddies' playground calling.

You know, sometimes you can be sensible and then you just act like a nong.  Stop it, you'll go blind!   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #112 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:32pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:29pm:

heads should roll.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Run along, Bobby, run along.  I can hear your playmates in the little kiddies' playground calling.

You know, sometimes you can be sensible and then you just act like a nong.  Stop it, you'll go blind!   Roll Eyes

Don't try and belittle someone who actually knows.

You don't know.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #113 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:46pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:22pm:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  It is obvious that you know absolutely nothing about this topic.  Run along back to your bridge.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Run along Gnads, run along.  Your little friends in the little kiddies' playground are calling you.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #114 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:49pm

Now - back on topic:

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #115 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 9:25pm

heads should roll.

Fine in theory - if there are sufficient crews, Gnads.  Unfortunately, the Mining Boom put paid to that.   We are slowly recovering from that.  Slowly - something you don't seem to take into account - the amount of time it takes to train submarine crewmen.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #116 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 9:31pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:32pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:29pm:

heads should roll.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Don't try and belittle someone who actually knows.

You don't know.

I suspect I know a great deal more than you, Bobby, a great deal.  You have thus far demonstrated nothing of any real value in this thread.  Funny that, hey?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #117 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 9:33pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:01pm:

heads should roll.

There should be a fresh crew waiting & no more than 3 days
maintenance when they go to shore -
refuel, replenish the food & other supplies & back out to sea.

Military quality products shouldn't break down all the time -
they should go for 10 years or more between services.

Oh, you speak from such ignorance, Bobby.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:56am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:46pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:22pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Run along Gnads, run along.  Your little friends in the little kiddies' playground are calling you.   Roll Eyes

You're a complete tosser Brian.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:58am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 9:25pm:

heads should roll.

Fine in theory - if there are sufficient crews, Gnads.  Unfortunately, the Mining Boom put paid to that.   We are slowly recovering from that.  Slowly - something you don't seem to take into account - the amount of time it takes to train submarine crewmen.   Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes more repetition Brian. The mining boom has been ... there have been staff reductions all over the industry of late. Technology innit.

Driverless trains, driverless dump trucks ... etc etc

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27
Send Topic Print