Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Good Overview of the UFO Situation (Read 2684 times)
Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Good Overview of the UFO Situation
Reply #15 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 3:59pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 3:56pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 3:21pm:
PZ547 wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 3:19pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 2:59pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 2:50pm:
Lol, just a brief view,

1. the crap video of the space shuttle rocket sending debris flying interpreted as a UFO
2. Oh look the Solway Firth photo, (5 hrs in) which is the photographers wife overexposed.
3. The Phoenix lights were A-10 flares. (5 hrs 15)

I love how they've changed 'object' to 'craft' now.

Hilarious stuff  Grin

How about some Erich Von Daniken vids for an encore?

No idea why you're fake-laughing

The programme shows historical, often government and police footage of what can only be described as 'craft'.  Or, if you prefer, unindentified flying object

If they're not military or civilian flying craft (and governments stay abreast of each others military developments) then where are those unindentified flying objects from?

the show explores the possibilies
there aren't many options.  We don't have off-planet friendly neighbours of whom we're aware

I'm on the fence.  And shows such as that in the LINK educate me as to the possibilities

You, however, are VERY keen to rubbish the show

and YOU have somehow carefully watched a 5-plus hour programme in a matter of minutes

gee, give Greggy the Einstein Award, eh?

Or, accept Greg comes to this forum toi divide, disrupt, provoke and do anything in his power to gain ATTENTION for himself, in any way he can

I continue to recommend the video for anyone with questions.  For anyone who has not viewed released Top Secret documents.  For anyone who hasn't watched a chronological presentation, filled with historic and current air-mystery footage, etc

And as I've pointed out, that footage which they do show can be easily explained.

No.  It cannot

If it could be 'easily explained', it would not continue to be a topic of immense interest to everyone from kids to great grandparents

No it can be, because at heart people are dumb and full of cognitive biases. E.g, which do you think is more likely in this photo ...

1. Alien in the background?
2. Photographers wife over exposed.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:10pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 3:59pm:
Lol, just a brief view,

1. the crap video of the space shuttle rocket sending debris flying interpreted as a UFO
2. Oh look the Solway Firth photo, (5 hrs in) which is the photographers wife overexposed.

Hilarious stuff  Grin

The programme shows historical, often government and police footage of what can only be described as 'craft'.  Or, if you prefer, unindentified flying object

If they're not military or civilian flying craft (and governments stay abreast of each others military developments) then where are those unindentified flying objects from?

there aren't many options.  We don't have off-planet friendly neighbours of whom we're aware

I'm on the fence.  And shows such as that in the LINK educate me as to the possibilities

and YOU have somehow carefully watched a 5-plus hour programme in a matter of minutes

Or, accept Greg comes to this forum toi divide, disrupt, provoke and do anything in his power to gain ATTENTION for himself, in any way he can

I continue to recommend the video for anyone with questions.  For anyone who has not viewed released Top Secret documents.  For anyone who hasn't watched a chronological presentation, filled with historic and current air-mystery footage, etc

And as I've pointed out, that footage which they do show can be easily explained.

No.  It cannot

If it could be 'easily explained', it would not continue to be a topic of immense interest to everyone from kids to great grandparents

No it can be, because at heart people are dumb and full of cognitive biases. E.g, which do you think is more likely in this photo https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/media/images/75012000/jpg/_75012548_solway-fir...

The programme I recommended and linked is factual, filled with historic footage, documents, government cover-ups

but MOST of all, it presents the situation, illustrated throughout with factual reporting and evidence

You either do not believe the immense evidence presented over the years

or you do not WANT to accept the evidence

As result of your clear bias (to which you're entitled) you drag up nonsense and hoaxes in a deliberate attempt to dissuade people from watching the video

It would be a shame if people chose against watching the video, based on your posts.  Because the linked video is commercial and advert free.  It is free of sensationalism.  It is free of ear-destroying introductions.  It is free of hype. It is free of proven hoaxes.  It presents the evidence giving space for all points of view.  It does not attempt to convert.  It provides alternative points of view.  There's no wasted time, no hyped garbage.  Just two or three men providing background for the video/film evidence.  It leaves people free to make up their own minds.  It has nothing to sell.  And it covers an enormous volume of material, much of which will be new to many viewers, much of it recently released

Yet you are determined that people should not watch it and use every dirty little trick in the book to achieve that aim

why?

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:12pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 3:59pm:
Lol, just a brief view,

Hilarious stuff  Grin

No.  It cannot

No it can be, because at heart people are dumb and full of cognitive biases. E.g, which do you think is more likely in this photo https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/media/images/75012000/jpg/_75012548_solway-fir...

OMG, there's an alien there!

Was the little girl (or is it Gobby?) abducted?

I hope she's okay.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #18 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:13pm

Mate I took that picture from your video. Your video used that picture as evidence. Now are you going to answer my point or not.

And before you say I don't know anything about this, I love reading about this type of stuff, I've loved UFO books since I ws 10, I read von Daniken when I was 11. But you know what, the whole point of being a skeptic is not to just avoid anything contradicting my world view but to question it, examine it and then fit it into my world view.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #19 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:17pm

And just to make it clear I was a believer when I was a teen, but by about 22 I had changed.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:24pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:17pm:
And just to make it clear I was a believer when I was a teen, but by about 22 I had changed.

Ditto.

I was right into von Daniken.

Had the books, watched the TV shows - believed every bit of it.

Probably saw the light at around 19 or 20, though.

Funny to think back at how gullible I was back then.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #21 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:26pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:24pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:17pm:

Ditto.

I was right into von Daniken.

Had the books, watched the TV shows - believed every bit of it.

Probably saw the light at around 19 or 20, though.

Funny to think back at how gullible I was back then.

I personally dont think its a question of gullibility. Its more a question of as a teen wanting to find your own truth.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:43pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Mate I took that picture from your video. Your video used that picture as evidence. Now are you going to answer my point or not.

And before you say I don't know anything about this, I love reading about this type of stuff, I've loved UFO books since I ws 10, I read von Daniken when I was 11. But you know what, the whole point of being a skeptic is not to just avoid anything contradicting my world view but to question it, examine it and then fit it into my world view.

Ok.  I didn't see that  photo. The sceptics view of it is not definitive as far as I'm aware.  Governments have admitted crucifying witnesses in the past (still goes on today) so who knows

More to the point, I see you haven't addressed the mass school sighting here in Australia, fifty odd years ago.  West-something or other.  Are you aware that those kids, now in their fifties and sixties, were brought together for a documentary not too long ago?  They still stick to what they witnessed.  More importantly, they reveal the aftermath -- the schoolteachers camera being seized.  The govt. agents instructing and warning in no uncertain terms, that none of the students or teachers were to discuss the incident nor speak to the media.  There are photos of the trees where the craft landed and they're still standing although they're all on an angle, whether or not that's important

The Valentich incident has been thoroughly mauled by the government and the media to the point it's anyone guess as to what actually happened

Strange how the government gets involved in such deadly earnest in these matters.  if there were no truth to UFOs or extraterrestrial aliens, you'd think the government would be happy to stay well out of it in the belief the entire thing would collapse -- if it's all BS.  But  no.  Government is there, quick smart, issuing orders, demanding silence of witnesses, and presenting nonsensical 'explanations' disseminated by the media who seem to be under strict instructions to smirk, laugh, crack jokes and ridicule the matter before they show us what they're talking about

There are too many solid, respectable, no-nonsense members of the public (and for the moment we'll leave police, military and other 'authorities' out of it) making UFO and extraterrestrial aliens claims.  Too many for anyone to convince that ALL of them suddenly went mad, saw things which weren't there.  Too many to persuade that solid, respectable citizens and people with reputations to lose, suddenly decided to throw job, friends, family, reputations to the winds in order to invite ridicule

The most painful of emotions, according to the experts in the field of human behaviours, are ridicule and humiliation.  It's said that humiliation never decreases with time and the mere memory, fifty years after the fact, elicits the same excruciating pain as did the original incident all those years before

You are classic case in point here.  You've set out to ridicule me and the programme I linked and recommended, despite I said at the outset that I am on the fence with regard to the subject.  You have gone out of your way, used time and energy to persistently ridicule the programme and by extension, me

Will anyone else risk such determined ridicule by recommending any similar programme for the next six or twelve months? 

And that's how it works.  And a great deal of such treatment of those who do raise the issue of UFOs and extraterrestrial aliens, is government paid and/or backed

Yet people continue to witness UFOs and extraterrestrial aliens and despite the personal cost, they continue to broadcast their experiences, often to considerable cost to themselves

For example, this week, most national and several international news sources featured cattle mutilations at a place called Cloverly Station, south west of Prosperpine in Queensland.  It was featured in some international forums I frequent

A bit of research revealed the owners of Cloverly Station, Mr and Mrs Cook from memory, owned a 36,000 acre station.  They were considered reputable and respected enough in the community for an MP to visit with them personally a while ago, to discuss a proposed new dam wall.  I couldn't find any other online presence for Mr and Mrs Cook

The news articles provided photos (and theres a Youtube video) of the region and of the cattle mutilations, etc.  Isolated region, red dirt roads.  The Cooks said it would have been extremely difficult for a human to get past the homestead in order to carry out the mutilations

The mutilations echo almost all which have been featured in the past in the news, both in Oz and overseas.  Selected organs, surgically incised. Very little blood.  Body parts that are not used by butchers or anyone else, such as the anus, the eyes, etc.  It wasn't a hack-job.  Whomever mutilated the cattle knew what they were doing and were very skilled

The Cooks said they'd reported the crime to the police, more than once.  Police had not attended, apparently.  When questioned by the media, the police claimed they had no record of any reports being tendered by the Cooks

Guess the police didn't know it would all appear on the national and international news.  And maybe the Cooks contacted national news sources because the police did nothing about it

Well, the police cannot claim to know nothing about it now because it's online, dozens of times

cont. next post

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #23 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:48pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:43pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:13pm:

Ok.  I didn't see that  photo. The sceptics view of it is not definitive as far as I'm aware.  G

More to the point, I see you haven't addressed the mass school sighting here in Australia, fifty odd years ago.  West-something or other.  Are you aware that those kids, now in their fifties and sixties, were brought together for a documentary not too long ago?  They still stick to what they witnessed.  More importantly, they reveal the aftermath -- the schoolteachers camera being seized.  The govt. agents instructing and warning in no uncertain terms, that none of the students or teachers were to discuss the incident nor speak to the media.  There are photos of the trees where the craft landed and they're still standing although they're all on an angle, whether or not that's important

The Valentich incident has been thoroughly mauled by the government and the media to the point it's anyone guess as to what actually happened

Your examples just show my point.

1. In the Solway Firth photo, whats a more reasonable likely conclusion to reach? A spaceman or a overdeveloped photo.
2. In the Westall case, whats a more reasonable likely conclusion to reach? A couple of teachers viewing a weather balloon and target drone or a mass hysteria. The original article reporting it only mentions 1 teacher and several students seeing it, now there seems to be about 200 students reporting seeing it.
3. IN the Valentich case, whats the more reasonable likely conclusion to reach? An unexperienced pilot with a penchant for practical jokes becoming spatially unaware and crashing into the ocean or a UFO abducting him.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #24 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:53pm

And as for cattle mutilations theres a number of potential explanations

I find this.

Mrs Cook said her daughter had researched the phenomenon and found there was cases of cattle being inexplicably mutilated from around the world. from https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5638045/its-either-aliens-or-robots-mutilating-our-cattle-say-qld-couple/

Thus we already have farmers displaying a bias towards a explanation and thereby ignoring all other possibilities. E.g “It’s definitely not a person, whether it’s a sophisticated robot or aliens, we just don’t know.”

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #25 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:55pm

The Cooks said they'd reported the crime to the police, more than once.  Police had not attended, apparently.  When questioned by the media, the police claimed they had no record of any reports being tendered by the Cooks

Guess the police didn't know it would all appear on the national and international news.  And maybe the Cooks contacted national news sources because the police did nothing about it

Well, the police cannot claim to know nothing about it now because it's online,

On the other hand, have you considered the possibility that the Cooks are lying about this?

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:58pm

The Cooks misfortune motivated me to search online for other cattle mutilation cases in Australia.  And I found some.  Also videos, some of which are decades old.  The witnesses were invariably salt of the earth farmers.  They related the facts, in some cases showed the mutilated beasts.  Taken with surgical precision were eyes, anuses, various parts.  When I researched why those parts were selected, I read that they were all connected to the beasts' nervous systems

Then I graduated to various Aussie UFO/aliens reports and videos.  All witnesses seemed to me (maybe not to you) to be sincere, genuine, no elaboration

In the videos which had originall been presented by our national media, the news readers seem to have been instructed to sneer, crack weak jokes and to ridicule what lay ahead in the broadcast.  Imagine the outcry if they did the same in introduction to other news items, such as overdoses, warehouse burnings, etc.  They wouldn't.  They don't.  But governments are still under the impression the majority of viewers can be moulded like plastecine -- still under the impression the public remains in the dark about UFOs and aliens

Some incidents are deliberately fakes by the government in order they can cry hoax and head the public off at the pass.  Yet we pay those jokers in government

In the video I linked at the top of this thread, Nick Pope who had a decade-plus working for the UK Ministery of Defence and who was tasked with investigating UFO/alien sightings, said that he and his MoD team concluded that up to 80% of sightings could be explained mundanely, i.e., weather balloons, fog, etc. Then hoaxes were excluded because yes, people fake sightings and experiences.  Another clutch of claims doubtless witnessed secret military hardward, experimental and other.  He and his team concluded that perhaps 10% of sightings and experiences(from memory) remained unexplained

Some people want to believe that every claim re UFOs/aliens is factual and true.  Obviously that is not the case but it's what they want to believe.  Others, like yourself, fell into the rabbit hole when young, were then disillusioned and have remained bitter and closed to the topic ever since.  Others, like myself, don't have a firm opinon either way but remain interested in what falls out.  Being interested does not necessarily mean being overly credulous

Anyway, I'll include some links here about the recent events at Cloverly Station & elsewhere

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2018 at 5:09pm by PZ547 »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:59pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:55pm:

Well, the police cannot claim to know nothing about it now because it's online,

On the other hand, have you considered the possibility that the Cooks are lying about this?

Lol   Grin

Of course he hasn't.

These UFO geeks are extremely narrow-minded.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #28 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 5:02pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:58pm:
The Cooks misfortune motivated me to search online for other cattle mutilation cases in Australia.  And I found some.  Also videos, some of which are decades old.  The witnesses were invariably salt of the earth farmers.  They related the facts, in some cases showed the mutilated beasts.  Taken with surgical precision were eyes, anuses, various parts.  When I researched why those parts were selected, I read that they were all connected to the beasts' nervous systems

Then I graduated to various Aussie UFO/aliens reports and videos.  All witnesses seemed to me (maybe not to you) to be sincere, genuine, no elaboration

In the videos which had originall been presented by our national media, the news readers seem to have been instructed to sneer, crack weak jokes and to ridicule what lay ahead in the broadcast.  Imagine the outcry if they did the same in introduction to other news items, such as overdoses, warehouse burnings, etc.  They wouldn't.  They don't.  But governments are still under the impression the majority of viewers can be moulded like plastecine -- still under the impression the public remains in the dark about UFOs and aliens

Some incidents are deliberately fakes by the government in order they can cry hoax and head the public off at the pass.  Yet we pay those jokers in government

In the video I linked at the top of this thread, Nick Pope who had a decade-plus working for the UK Ministery of Defence and who was tasked with investigating UFO/alien sightings, said that he and his MoD

And yet he also has a documented history of getting facts wrong. http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/rendlesham4.htm To summarise, Pope misquoted (deliberately) a radiation worker explaining about the radiation levels found at the Rendlesham Forest incident, to make it appear as though the radiation levels found were significant rather than just being background level and therefore insignificant.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #29 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 5:04pm

Plus the problem with cattle mutilations is that those proposing that its aliens are at least several steps away from proving its aliens.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print