Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The problem with Islam isn't Islam... (Read 4793 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: The problem with Islam isn't Islam...
Reply #15 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 6:53pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 6:42pm:
issuevoter wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 8:59pm:
Auggie wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 6:23pm:
The problem with Islam isn't Islam, it's SUNNI Islam that's the problem.

The problem with that concept, which is one Gandalf uses for an excuse, is that the other sects will kill you for blasphemy too. Remember that the Iranian government upped the bounty for killing Salman Rushdie recently, and just today they are boasting that they are going to kill Americans and Israelis for the  attack on their big Islamic whoop-de-do yesterday. Don't kid  yourself, the problem is the Koran. It instructs them all to kill people. This day in 2014 USA: Muzlim of no particular type, beheads one and tried to kill another. When captured, he said he was only doing what the Koran told him to.

Not Ahmadis or Ishmailis.

LOL !!!!

Auggie....

freediver said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1391854581/281#281
Quote:

You are mistaking impotence for benign intent. The Muslims are in no hurry to correct you.

freediver said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1344204563/168#168
Quote:

Are you honestly incapable of telling the difference between impotence and benign intent?

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #16 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 6:58pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 6:51pm:

Honestly, Gandalf, I think you should become an Ahmadi or an Ishmaili;

their beliefs and values are more in line with your thinking than the average Sunni.

Have you set the date yet Auggie,      for your conversion to Allah's truest believers ?

Or are you already      a 'post' conversion moslem ???

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #17 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 6:58pm

Yadda wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 6:53pm:
Auggie wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 6:42pm:
issuevoter wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 8:59pm:

The problem with that concept, which is one Gandalf uses for an excuse, is that the other sects will kill you for blasphemy too. Remember that the Iranian government upped the bounty for killing Salman Rushdie recently, and just today they are boasting that they are going to kill Americans and Israelis for the  attack on their big Islamic whoop-de-do yesterday. Don't kid  yourself, the problem is the Koran. It instructs them all to kill people. This day in 2014 USA: Muzlim of no particular type, beheads one and tried to kill another. When captured, he said he was only doing what the Koran told him to.

Not Ahmadis or Ishmailis.

LOL !!!!

Auggie....

freediver said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1391854581/281#281
Quote:

You are mistaking impotence for benign intent. The Muslims are in no hurry to correct you.

freediver said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1344204563/168#168
Quote:

Are you honestly incapable of telling the difference between impotence and benign intent?

There are over 20 million Ahmadis in the world. If they wanted to commit acts of terror, they easily have the manpower, the resources, and the organisation to do so.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #18 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 6:59pm

Yadda wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 6:58pm:

their beliefs and values are more in line with your thinking than the average Sunni.

Have you set the date yet Auggie,      for your conversion to Allah's truest believers ?

I am an Atheist, Yadda.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 7:01pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 6:59pm:

I am an Atheist, Yadda.

If you were an atheist you would say all sects of Islam are bullshit.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #20 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 7:10pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 7:01pm:

I am an Atheist, Yadda.

They are bullshit. That's not the point here. We're all talking about this in the context of restricting immigration of peoples who don't share our values and beliefs. I believe that Ahmadis and Ishmailis share our values and beliefs, more so than Sunni Muslims; so there is not reason to restrict their entry. If indeed, you are not racist, xenophobic or a bigot, then there's no reason why you should be opposed to unrestricted immigration of these minorities as well UNLESS you can prove to me that their theological reform movements ain't all what they're cracked to be.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 7:16pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 7:10pm:

I am an Atheist, Yadda.

They are bullshit. That's not the point here. We're all talking about this in the context of restricting immigration of peoples who don't share our values and beliefs. I believe that Ahmadis and Ishmailis share our values and beliefs, more so than Sunni Muslims; so there is not reason to restrict their entry. If indeed, you are not racist, xenophobic or a bigot, then there's no reason why you should be opposed to unrestricted immigration of these minorities as well UNLESS you can prove to me that their theological reform movements ain't all what they're cracked to be.

Imam Tawhidi has distanced himself from the Ahmadis, perhaps you should read why. https://www.facebook.com/TheImamofPeace/posts/2052435591668785

I think we need restrictions on immigration, we should bring in people who will contribute instead of parasites who want our welfare.

What about Shia Islam do they share our values and beliefs, have a look at Iran after the 1979 Islamic revolution to see what a country ruled by Shia Islam is like.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #22 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 7:22pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 7:16pm:

I am an Atheist, Yadda.

Imam Tawhidi has distanced himself from the Ahmadis, perhaps you should read why. https://www.facebook.com/TheImamofPeace/posts/2052435591668785

I think we need restrictions on immigration, we should bring in people who will contribute instead of parasites who want our welfare.

What about Shia Islam do they share our values and beliefs, have a look at Iran after the 1979 Islamic revolution to see what a country ruled by Shia Islam is like.

I prefer to look at how the Ahmadis behave and what they belief, rather than what some show Imam says about a particular quote.

On Iran, that's the point. The Shia tradition places authority in an individual who has the authority to interpret the Quran and Islamic practices. The problem with Iran is not Shia Islam, it's the Ayatollah.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 7:29pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 7:22pm:

I am an Atheist, Yadda.

I prefer to look at how the Ahmadis behave and what they belief, rather than what some show Imam says about a particular quote.

On Iran, that's the point. The Shia tradition places authority in an individual who has the authority to interpret the Quran and Islamic practices. The problem with Iran is not Shia Islam, it's the Ayatollah.

Islam prescribes a Caliphate type of dictatorship, with the Islamic state it was Baghdadi in Iran it's Khamenei.

How did the first 4 Caliphs die were they killed by muslims?

I would advise never sticking up for something you're ignorant about, it's ok to say you don't know at least that is honest.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 9:43pm

Coz sunni islam is not islam.

You ARE challenging Bwian for the top knob position. He won't  like it, I  tell you. Oh, no.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes   M'kay? Hmmmm?  Roll Eyes

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #25 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 9:45pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 7:29pm:

I am an Atheist, Yadda.

Islam prescribes a Caliphate type of dictatorship, with the Islamic state it was Baghdadi in Iran it's Khamenei.

How did the first 4 Caliphs die were they killed by muslims?

I would advise never sticking up for something you're ignorant about, it's ok to say you don't know at least that is honest.

I could say the same about you.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #26 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 10:01pm

I am an Atheist, Yadda.

Auggie, the over-riding principle here [in this discussion] is;

"If you want to know a man's character, give him power."
- Abraham Lincoln

Auggie,

LOOK AT IRAN.

And look at what every moslem does, when he becomes a 'strong man' within his own country, within his own tribe, within his own group.

He becomes the ruthless tyrant, that ISLAM has instilled within him [and his 'brothers' in faith], to become.

Look at 'democratically elected' Erdogan in Turkey,
and look at how he has systematically dismantled every check
ON HIS POWER AND HIS AUTHORITY.

Auggie,

ISLAM is corrosive, to the human psyche.

ISLAM causes a serious pathology in the human psyche.

Do you deny it ?

First, point to just one moslem majority jurisdiction in the world today, that is not riven with violence and corruption and injustice.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #27 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 6:03pm

Yadda wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 10:01pm:

I am an Atheist, Yadda.

Auggie, the over-riding principle here [in this discussion] is;

"If you want to know a man's character, give him power."
- Abraham Lincoln

Auggie,

LOOK AT IRAN.

And look at what every moslem does, when he becomes a 'strong man' within his own country, within his own tribe, within his own group.

He becomes the ruthless tyrant, that ISLAM has instilled within him [and his 'brothers' in faith], to become.

Look at 'democratically elected' Erdogan in Turkey,
and look at how he has systematically dismantled every check
ON HIS POWER AND HIS AUTHORITY.

Auggie,

ISLAM is corrosive, to the human psyche.

ISLAM causes a serious pathology in the human psyche.

Do you deny it ?

First, point to just one moslem majority jurisdiction in the world today, that is not riven with violence and corruption and injustice.

I believe that Sunni Islam is corrosive to the human psyche as you say, but not Ahmadiyyah or Ishmailism.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 7:06pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 1:35pm:
What is "sunni Islam" anyway?

How does it differ doctrinally to Ishamaelis or Ahmadis in a way that would lead you to reasonably assume it is the most susceptible to terrorism?

Exactly. Islam is the answer.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 7:14pm

I am an Atheist, Yadda.

So your personal moral compass is all about denying what other people believe.

Lack. You define yourself as 'not that'. Pretty thing gruel.

And I am not urging you to believe, I am just pointing out the parasitic nature of atheism. The religious at least do not define themselves as not being like you - there is something positive there, in contrast to your negative-by-definition stance.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print