Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dear Tesla Killers where is the competition ? (Read 1825 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Dear Tesla Killers where is the competition ?
Sep 23rd, 2018 at 9:50am

Yes where is it ?

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Re: Dear Tesla Killers where is the competition ?
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2018 at 5:42am

VW have finally revealed its first full ev as a Audi and about 80% efficient as a Tesla, so no great breakthroughs
It will be build late next year and they wont even be putting them in show rooms in the USA …. so no killers yet. Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2018 at 1:09pm

No competition just as I thought. Probably Jaguars IPace is the closest competition because you can actually buy it Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2018 at 5:08pm

Yeah except jag have no intention of doing large numbers and it not in direct competition of any Tesla vehical Wink Smiley

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:57am

https://insideevs.com/tesla-sales-against-rivals-bmw-mercedes/
Tesla outsold BMW, Mercedes in passenger cars with ease.
Those automotive dinosaurs don’t have it easy these days as the push to drive electric is taking over.
Let’s check out how Tesla sales results in the U.S. compared to two German brands – BMW and Mercedes-Benz – that are typically seen as Tesla’s closest competitors as brands (despite the fact that neither offers direct competitive BEV models to Tesla Model S, X or 3).
Third quarter results:
Passenger cars:
Tesla (Model S + Model 3) – 61,875
BMW – 45,452
Mercedes-Benz – 29,442
SUVs:
Mercedes-Benz (excludes commercial vans) – 37,100
BMW – 26,227
Tesla (Model X) – 8,050
All passenger cars and SUVs:
BMW – 71,679
Tesla (Model S, X & 3) – 69,925
Mercedes-Benz (excludes commercial vans) – 66,542

These r just USA results.... So much  for Tesla Killers, BMW and Merc r having problems competing with Tesla with their old fossil fuel clunkers Smiley

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 9:33am

Those traditional clunker makers still want to push their unreliable junk so they can rip off the punters on parts and service. This is how their business model works. That's why they are not moving to electric drive train any time soon. Sure they have made some announcements about producing EV's in the future but that's all it is just hype. Maybe they are still waiting for sockos hydrogen revolution Cheesy LOL

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 8:02pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Sep 30th, 2018 at 5:08pm:
Yeah except jag have no intention of doing large numbers and it not in direct competition of any Tesla vehical Wink Smiley
I thought the big guns were waiting until cable-free charging became possible!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #7 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 8:49am

https://insideevs.com/byd-4th-straight-plug-in-car-sales-record/
BYD will not let Tesla win without a fight.
BYD, the biggest manufacturer of plug-in electric cars in the years 2015, 2016 and 2017, is doing everything that’s possible to keep pace with Tesla and remain #1 for 2018.
In September, BYD set its fourth all-time record of plug-in car sales in a row, reaching 25,019 – over 4,000 above the record from August. Pace of growth increased to 121% year-over-year!
Plug-in share out of overall BYD volume stands at 56% (an all-time high).
The nine-month tally stands at 135,337. With three months to go, the target of 200,000 in 2018 is considered easy now.
At the moment, Tesla sold over 154,000 BEVs in 2018 and it’s probably already too late for BYD to compete for the title of the biggest plug-in car manufacturer in 2018.
Nissan Renault alliance will be third id say.
More production can only mean cheaper prices... one day we might see some cars being sold in Australia Smiley :purple

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #8 - Oct 26th, 2018 at 7:07am

Jag doesn’t seam to be that good on range as they get tested in the USA and r showing less distance than the Chevy and lots less range than the Tesla’s, that’s a pity Tesla need some real competition  to keep them on thair toes  Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #9 - Dec 15th, 2018 at 8:09am

https://insideevs.com/hyundai-kona-electric-gets-shockingly-low-price-tag-in-us/

This should really juice demand!
The Hyundai Kona Electric has been long awaited in the U.S. But, when it arrives here early next year, we now know how much it will cost: $36,450. If we subtract the $7,500 federal tax credit from that, we’re looking at a mere $28,950. Then, there are the various state incentives that can reduce that number even more. Californians, for example, could be looking at an overall starting price of just $26,450!

Finally a Tesla killer released in the USA, although Hyundai r having troubles suppling batteries.... so wont be many numbers sold in USA.  Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #10 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 8:04am

https://insideevs.com/audi-e-tron-disappoints-on-energy-consumption-is-now-last-...

Just 204 miles (328 km) of EPA range
We were waiting of the first series produced all-electric Audi e-tron for quite some time (deliveries in the U.S. from May) and were hoping that such a company will deliver range and performance comparable to Tesla Model X, but after the most recent announcement of EPA test results, one should be disappointed.
The Audi e-tron’s energy consumption of just 74 MPGe (455 Wh/mile or 283 Wh/km) on the combined cycle is the worst result on the market, even behind the Jaguar I-PACE. Will it negatively impact sales? We think so.

SO this is the Tesla killer all these people have been talking about... you know the old chestnut
When the BIG automakers get serious they will build cars so much better than the Tesla's and blah blah
Well Jaguar have failed and now the Audi has failed and therefore the Volkswagen group.... I don't think Tesla will be shaking in their boots yet...
The thing that amazes me is these companies buy Tesla's pull them apart and cant even match the specs...... Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 10:36am

DonDeeHippy wrote on Apr 6th, 2019 at 8:04am:
https://insideevs.com/audi-e-tron-disappoints-on-energy-consumption-is-now-last-...

Just 204 miles (328 km) of EPA range
We were waiting of the first series produced all-electric Audi e-tron for quite some time (deliveries in the U.S. from May) and were hoping that such a company will deliver range and performance comparable to Tesla Model X, but after the most recent announcement of EPA test results, one should be disappointed.
The Audi e-tron’s energy consumption of just 74 MPGe (455 Wh/mile or 283 Wh/km) on the combined cycle is the worst result on the market, even behind the Jaguar I-PACE. Will it negatively impact sales? We think so.

https://d2t6ms4cjod3h9.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/123-2.png

SO this is the Tesla killer all these people have been talking about... you know the old chestnut
When the BIG automakers get serious they will build cars so much better than the Tesla's and blah blah
Well Jaguar have failed and now the Audi has failed and therefore the Volkswagen group.... I don't think Tesla will be shaking in their boots yet...
The thing that amazes me is these companies buy Tesla's pull them apart and cant even match the specs...... Wink

That's because Tesla use very clever software so it's no longer a competition about who can make the best clunkers. This is a totally different paradigm now Wink

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #12 - Apr 7th, 2019 at 6:52am

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #13 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 6:12am

Sir lastnail wrote on Apr 6th, 2019 at 10:36am:
That's because Tesla use very clever software so it's no longer a competition about who can make the best clunkers. This is a totally different paradigm now

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-update-improves-range-power/

One of the joys of Tesla ownership is waking up to find that your car has been improved while you slept. However, the latest set of over-the-air updates for Model 3 is really something special: substantial increases in both power and range.
Tesla is pushing out an increase in peak power output to all Model 3s as part of firmware version 2019.8.2. “Your vehicle’s peak power has been increased by approximately 5%, improving acceleration and Performance,” the company told the lucky owners.
Tesla has said that this power boost should increase the top speed of the Performance variant to 162 mph.
“Tesla is as much a software company as a hardware company and we’ve been able to via firmware improve the range of the long-range rear wheel drive car from 310 miles to 325 miles

your right Last Nail, and Tesla will improve its whole fleet , where all the other car manufactures, you have to buy the latest model to get more power.... Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #14 - May 1st, 2019 at 8:32am

https://insideevs.com/reviews/347258/chart-compare-tesla-competitors-audi-jaguar...

At one of the most recent presentations, Elon Musk said that other manufacturers - despite finally deciding to introduce their own electric cars - still aren't able to beat the original Tesla Model S from 2012 (primarily in terms of range on a single charge, we believe).

Recently, Sam Korus shared a handy chart with a comparison of battery pack capacity and EPA range of several Tesla models stacked up against the Audi e-tron and Jaguar I-PACE to illustrate the differences.

As you can see, the Model S in 2012 was equipped with an 85 kWh battery and was able to go 265 miles (426 km) in the EPA tests.

It's still more than two other premium models on the market: Audi e-tron (95 kWh and 204 miles/328 km), and Jaguar I-PACE (90 kWh and 234 miles/377 km).
The gap between the Model S and others is even bigger now, as Tesla introduced an upgraded powertrain for the S/X:
2019 Tesla Model S: 100 kWh, up to 370 miles (595 km) EPA
2019 Tesla Model X: 100 kWh, up to 325 miles (523 km) EPA
Also, the Model 3 is well positioned at 310-325 miles (499-523 km km) EPA using about an 80.5 kWh battery (capacity estimated).

Tesla_chart.jpg (37 KB | 16 )
Tesla_chart.jpg

I am me

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print