Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Is Tony Abbott a good bloke? (Read 2890 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Is Tony Abbott a good bloke?
Sep 22nd, 2018 at 4:19pm

I was asked that question in a MRB I prefer not to post in.  The answer is an emphatic 'No.'

He was a thug at University, a fraud at and post Oxford, is of questionable nationality, a liar, a grandstander, has his snout in the trough and a backstabbing prick.  I may have missed some of his lesser endearing qualities but that'll do for now.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: Is Tony Abbott a good bloke?
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 4:26pm

He is OK as a rural fire fighter!

Smiley

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 4:41pm

Nope definitely not.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 4:55pm

Well now that I've got your answer Aussie, I can see why you'd reckon it's ok to have Abbott in my Cats & Critters thread

How about Bill Shorten, put him in also, balance the critters out a bit?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 5:03pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 4:55pm:
Well now that I've got your answer Aussie, I can see why you'd reckon it's ok to have Abbott in my Cats & Critters thread

How about Bill Shorten, put him in also, balance the critters out a bit?

I know nothing about any Cats and Critters Thread so I have no idea what you are referring to.

As for Shorten........I am neutral.  Neither a fan nor critic.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 7:28pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 4:26pm:
He is OK as a rural fire fighter!

Smiley

Davidson rural on the northern beaches ? maybe 50 years ago. Wonder what the Hicks next door in St Ives would say ?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #6 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 7:34pm

Put me down as a no.

The guys has spent his life on the extreme side of nasty mean politics.

He is a thoroughbred of the opposite persuasion.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 7:49pm

Tony Abbot is a Wanker, the STOP THE BOATS slogan took over from Julias MOVING FORWARD slogan, after that he had nothing and was rightly crucified for it, then scomo came along with JOBS AND GROWTH, (he seems a little quiet an that one these days, Shaun Micallef took the bumbling fool apart the other night on mad as hell, he wont last long) The public has had enough of these self serving short sighted lawyer types.

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 6:01am

Johnnie wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 7:49pm:
Tony Abbot is a Wanker, the STOP THE BOATS slogan took over from Julias MOVING FORWARD slogan, after that he had nothing and was rightly crucified for it, then scomo came along with JOBS AND GROWTH, (he seems a little quiet an that one these days, Shaun Micallef took the bumbling fool apart the other night on mad as hell, he wont last long) The public has had enough of these self serving short sighted lawyer types.

Abbott was a journo, Scomo an economist.

But Macallef's a lawyer...

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #9 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 9:09am

The Heartless Felon wrote on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 6:01am:
Johnnie wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 7:49pm:

Abbott was a journo, Scomo an economist.

But Macallef's a lawyer...

Abbott qualified as a Jurno and did a small amount of work. The fact is that Abbott was primarily a functioning politician from his school years and never really anything else.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #10 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 9:35am

Doesnt he have a degree in philosophy he acquired on a boxing scholarship?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 9:55am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 9:35am:

Spot

He has a Master of Arts degree from Oxford which he attended under a Rhodes Scholarship.  He was given a Boxing Blue because he had two fights for Oxford against Cambridge.  He wanted one for Union but he was not good enough to make the Oxford Firsts.  So....he found that place in the boxing team JUST to get the Blue.

The Masters Degree was awarded NOT because he did extra study.  He graduated from Oxford with a mediocre plain degree.  After six years elapsed, as is Oxford practice, just by virtue of the passage of that  time, the pissy Degree is upgraded (on application/request) to a Masters Degree.

« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2018 at 10:38am by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #12 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 10:03am

Aussie wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 4:19pm:
I was asked that question in a MRB I prefer not to post in.  The answer is an emphatic 'No.'

He was a thug at University, a fraud at and post Oxford, is of questionable nationality, a liar, a grandstander, has his snout in the trough and a backstabbing prick.  I may have missed some of his lesser endearing qualities but that'll do for now.

The only politician I consider to be a good bloke is Gough Whitlam cause he did so many things for the common folks.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 10:39am

Ajax wrote on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 10:03am:
Aussie wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 4:19pm:

The only politician I consider to be a good bloke is Gough Whitlam cause he did so many things for the common folks.

John Gorton was a 'good bloke.'

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #14 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 10:49am

He is a good example of how to live a healthy lifestyle!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #15 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 11:59am

Aussie wrote on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 9:55am:

Spot

He has a Master of Arts degree from Oxford which he attended under a Rhodes Scholarship.  He was given a Boxing Blue because he had two fights for Oxford against Cambridge.  He wanted one for Union but he was not good enough to make the Oxford Firsts.  So....he found that place in the boxing team JUST to get the Blue.

The Masters Degree was awarded NOT because he did extra study.  He graduated from Oxford with a mediocre plain degree.  After six years elapsed, as is Oxford practice, just by virtue of the passage of that  time, the pissy Degree is upgraded (on application/request) to a Masters Degree.

So the arts degree was philosophy? I kinda remember he was trying to decide whether to become a priest or a politician

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #16 - Sep 28th, 2018 at 8:42am

If you want to know why a bipartisan approach to policy is all but dead look no further than the Abbott

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Sep 28th, 2018 at 9:41am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 11:59am:
Aussie wrote on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 9:55am:

Spot

So the arts degree was philosophy? I kinda remember he was trying to decide whether to become a priest or a politician

Spot

He went to a seminary in Sydney with former Labor Senator Joe Bullock.

Bullock convinced him to join the Liberal Party, rather than Labor.

And now, Joe Bullock is a member of the Liberal Party.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #18 - Sep 28th, 2018 at 9:45am

Tony Abbott a priest- well that proves it LOL- they ony reserve the best for the church- yes Tony Hobitt is a good bloke
NOTT
- Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Sep 28th, 2018 at 9:51am

Agnes wrote on Sep 28th, 2018 at 9:45am:
Tony Abbott a priest- well that proves it LOL- they ony reserve the best for the church- yes Tony Hobitt is a good bloke
NOTT
- Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

He studied here in the mid '80s, with Bullock.

They both dropped out to pursue political careers.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Sep 28th, 2018 at 12:23pm

Not a good bloke imo

Arrested development

Bully

People are doing it hard due to loss of whatever family payments they were entitled to.  Family payments withheld because they have chosen to put their children's health first. Family payments withheld because they chose against vaccinations for their children, vaccinations they believe are harmful

vaccinations which Abbott's own children were able to avoid

Same as ex Qld Premier Bligh choosing (at whose expense) to have her entire house fitted with reverse osmosis technology, according to reports, thus sparing her family the much disputed benefits of fluoride in the water supply.  The Bligh household showered in fluoride-free water and drank fluoride free water, according to reports.  Meanwhile, taxpayers, millions of them, are dosed with fluoride for their 'health' whether or not they want it

Abbott has never really worked for his and his family's living

Who would employ Abbott?  What are his qualifications?  How long would anyone continue to emply Abbott?

Yet even though he was/is one of the few in the country able to enjoy above-average salary and job and financial security, he still couldn't resist rorting those (taxpayers) who've been forced to pay him for his dubious skills

he billed taxpayers will $9000 or more in travel expenses while he ran around the country touting his book about himself

he grabbed a peculiar scholarship for one of his kids and then took the whistleblower to court

Good bloke Abbott?

Not in my book

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 28th, 2018 at 12:32pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 28th, 2018 at 12:23pm:
Not a good bloke imo

Arrested development

Bully

People are doing it hard due to loss of whatever family payments they were entitled to.  Family payments withheld because they have chosen to put their children's health first. Family payments withheld because they chose against vaccinations for their children, vaccinations they believe are harmful

vaccinations which Abbott's own children were able to avoid

Same as ex Qld Premier Bligh choosing (at whose expense) to have her entire house fitted with reverse osmosis technology, according to reports, thus sparing her family the much disputed benefits of fluoride in the water supply.  The Bligh household showered in fluoride-free water and drank fluoride free water, according to reports.  Meanwhile, taxpayers, millions of them, are dosed with fluoride for their 'health' whether or not they want it

Abbott has never really worked for his and his family's living

Who would employ Abbott?  What are his qualifications?  How long would anyone continue to employ Abbott?

Yet even though he was/is one of the few in the country able to enjoy above-average salary and job and financial security, he still couldn't resist rorting those (taxpayers) who've been forced to pay him for his dubious skills

he billed taxpayers will $9000 or more in travel expenses while he ran around the country touting his book about himself

he grabbed a peculiar scholarship for one of his kids and then took the whistleblower to court

Good bloke Abbott?

Not in my book

That's something I've always wondered too - who the hell would employ him?

He's an arrogant bully, and a dickhead to boot.

Not a good bloke in my book either.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #22 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 9:01pm

copper internet---> enough said!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print