Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hannah Gadsby is not funny (Read 2351 times)
minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hannah Gadsby is not funny
Sep 19th, 2018 at 11:07am

A few months ago, I thought that Amy Schumer was the worst comedian I had across. Then I came across someone even worse: Hannah Gadsby. Somehow, her "comedy" has managed to gain her a degree of popularity and win a number of awards. When I first heard about her, I watched her show "Nanette" on Netflix. After about 10 - 15 minutes I switched it off. From what I recall I saw, she talked about her life growing up in Tasmania as a lesbian when homosexuality was still illegal. While the performance may be regarded as insightful, there was little in terms of what could be regarded as humor and I figured the next 30+ minutes was going to be the same. I think I watched two minutes of Dylan Moran afterwards to wash out the bad comedic taste.

I was reminded of Hannah Gadsby's "humour" with her recent performance at the Emmys, which was supposedly the highlight of the show:

This also reminded me of a part of the Futurama episode "Amazon Women in the Mood":

Quote:
Thog: This our comedy club. Humour here funny in different way.

Ornik: It not reinforce stereotypes.

Kug: Comedy come from character, real situations. Not abstract craziness.

Bender: Translation: Boring!

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Hannah Gadsby is not funny
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 11:15am

I hadn't heard of her, but I opened this thread thinking 'this thread would only be made if its about a gay,trans,bisexual etc comedian.'

And surprise surprise...

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 11:17am

I don't find her particularly funny either.

However, my opinion is based purely on comedy - not sexuality or gender.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 11:26am

Agreed.....

Hannah Gadsby is not funny.

More, sad,     or mad.

To me,    she 'comes over' as a very confused human being.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 11:27am

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 11:15am:
I hadn't heard of her, but I opened this thread thinking 'this thread would only be made if its about a gay,trans,bisexual etc comedian.'

And surprise surprise...

really???   shows how narrow minded you are....only looking for the worst  in your opinion...so you can bring your disdain to the fore.... we get that?...

heaven save us from the bleeding heart society....make that the judgemental society... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:00pm

cods wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 11:27am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 11:15am:

And surprise surprise...

really???   shows how narrow minded you are....only looking for the worst  in your opinion...so you can bring your disdain to the fore.... we get that?...

heaven save us from the bleeding heart society....make that the judgemental society... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Isn't this thread all about "only looking for the worst"?

Why start a thread about someone who isn't, in one's personal opinion, funny?

Why not start it off on a positive, like "Eddie Izzard is a brilliant comedian"?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:04pm

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:07pm

Greggy using this forum to hone his counselling 'skills' and Cods' attempts at self righteousness are cloying

so I'm going to send them into orbit

with the question:

' Why are so many female 'comedians' overweight ?

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:13pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:07pm:
Greggy using this forum to hone his counselling 'skills' and Cods' attempts at self righteousness are cloying

with the question:

Why are so many male truck drivers overweight?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:24pm

with the question:

I just did a quick Google search.

Came up with this:

The Funniest Female Comedians of All Time 

From the 100 listed, I can see 5 that are probably considered overweight.

If my maths is right, that's 5%.

The World Health Organisation estimates that 39% of people in the world are overweight, and other estimates start at about 30%.

So, female comedians seem to be doing okay.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:28pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:13pm:

with the question:

I think you need a lot of refresher courses at whatever you're attempting, Gweggy, because it's not working

Male truck drivers sit on their bums all day with bellies full of fat laden take-aways.  They only move their arms and mouths with a bit of leg action climbing in and out of the cab on occasion

female comedians are not restricted to bum sitting, either when performing or going about their lives

Magda Zbankski, Lucy, Kim and the few others who tout themselves as comedians (including the one who was killed some months ago in Melbourne) seem to believe weight adds to the funny-factor -- do they?

or -- do all fat women imagine they're 'funny' by virtue of their fat?  Who knows -- do you know, Greggy?

This Gadsby creature might be hoping she'll become the female-lesbian answer to Stephen Fry (who's also kept aloft via BS and the agendists in power)

I mean, is homosexuality supposed to be 'funny' as a starter?  Do you run with that crowd?  Do they believe homosexuality is just so hilarious that their supposed comedic ramblings are mere icing on the funny-cake?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:30pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:28pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:13pm:

with the question:

I think you need a lot of refresher courses at whatever you're attempting, Gweggy, because it's not working

Male truck drivers sit on their bums all day with bellies full of fat laden take-aways.  They only move their arms and mouths with a bit of leg action climbing in and out of the cab on occasion

female comedians are not restricted to bum sitting, either when performing or going about their lives

Magda Zbankski, Lucy, Kim and the few others who tout themselves as comedians (including the one who was killed some months ago in Melbourne) seem to believe weight adds to the funny-factor -- do they?

or -- do all fat women imagine they're 'funny' by virtue of their fat?  Who knows -- do you know, Greggy?

This Gadsby creature might be hoping she'll become the female-lesbian answer to Stephen Fry (who's also kept aloft via BS and the agendists in power)

I mean, is homosexuality supposed to be 'funny' as a starter?  Do you run with that crowd?  Do they believe homosexuality is just so hilarious that their supposed comedic ramblings are mere icing on the funny-cake?

I suggest you read my previous post.

It seems that as a percentage, there aren't that many overweight female comedians.

Moreover, it's completely irrelevant.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:36pm

She's not funny, Greg

She's unattractive

She's a blob trying for the Poor Man's Stephen Fry

The minute her agendist promoters pull their money out, she's just another lesbian on the street

If she thinks she's going to get through life in a badly fitting suit with a butch hair do and telling bad jokes, she's in for a shock.  Maybe you could send her to the same course you attended as back-up for when her dreams hit the dust?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:39pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
She's not funny, Greg

She's unattractive

The minute her agendist promoters pull their money out, she's just another lesbian on the street

If she thinks she's going to get through life in a badly fitting suit with a butch hair do and telling bad jokes, she's in for a shock.  Maybe you could send her to the same course you attended as back-up for when her dreams hit the dust?

I suggest you read my first reply to this topic.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:43pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:39pm:
PZ547 wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
She's not funny, Greg

She's unattractive

I suggest you read my first reply to this topic.

I suggest you stop imagining you're star in some class-of-three debating session and write something that people might spend a few seconds on

It's not the class room, Greg.  It's a tongue in cheek online forum

your favourite tutor is not here and no one's handing out little paper stars for effort

Hannah Gadsby is not funny is the thread title

Do YOU find her/it funny, Greg?  If so, recount one bit of funniness to emerge from her in your experience

until then, your posts ranks higher in the humor stakes

go on Greg, stop trying to be 'intellectual' and go back to being your ridiculous self

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print