Send Topic Print
What Happened? :( (Read 3043 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: What Happened? :(
Reply #30 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 7:59pm

freediver wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 9:50pm:
Sounds like what happened is people started composing endless monologue whinges.

Dud of the week...  Undecided

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 7:59pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 7:57pm:
PZ547 wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 2:23pm:
Not to worry

won't be long before China owns and runs OPENLY this land

will be NO place then for overpaid, idiot, traitorous 'politicians'

Couldn't be worse than it is now

We won't even feel the change of  management

Yeah we will ... we'll all be working for (Big Vag)Ginas $2 a day.

I see what you did there...  Grin

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 8:02pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 2:41pm:
Holden parts were cheap weren't they? fixing your car on the weekend, you could get what ever you wanted at the Holden dealer's spare parts counter saturday morning and not break the bank

All the shows on the Gold Coast were 50c admission, the dolphins, killer whales, those brightly coloured birds perched on the plate you held while they ate the seeds, Giltraps old car museum, etc, etc

Everything in Australia was ruined by Lib Lab politicians signing up to the United Nations bs and the Lima Agreement ... and nothing was democratic about signing, they never asked us first, just did it and expected everyone to become multi-skilled when jobs were lost because of the massive disruption that we've never recovered from

All we have now it seems is crime, ranging from teenagers to priests to big financial institutions to politicians themselves

Try hard to break the bad habit of voting for the Libs and Labs. We need to get Australia back on track

They didn't eat seeds .... they were fed a concoction of milk, honey & bread ..........

that's why they nearly lost all those Rainbow & Scaley Breasted lorikeets at Currumbin Bird Sanctuary.

bread being full of preservatives that was no good to the birds health & caused feather deformities.

They maybe feeding them seeds now.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 8:19pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 8:02pm:
Holden parts were cheap weren't they? fixing your car on the weekend, you could get what ever you wanted at the Holden dealer's spare parts counter saturday morning and not break the bank

All the shows on the Gold Coast were 50c admission, the dolphins, killer whales, those brightly coloured birds perched on the plate you held while they ate the seeds, Giltraps old car museum, etc, etc

Everything in Australia was ruined by Lib Lab politicians signing up to the United Nations bs and the Lima Agreement ... and nothing was democratic about signing, they never asked us first, just did it and expected everyone to become multi-skilled when jobs were lost because of the massive disruption that we've never recovered from

All we have now it seems is crime, ranging from teenagers to priests to big financial institutions to politicians themselves

Try hard to break the bad habit of voting for the Libs and Labs. We need to get Australia back on track

They didn't eat seeds .... they were fed a concoction of milk, honey & bread ..........

that's why they nearly lost all those Rainbow & Scaley Breasted lorikeets at Currumbin Bird Sanctuary.

bread being full of preservatives that was no good to the birds health & caused feather deformities.

Lorikeets are nectar eaters. No seed. Not good for their crop.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #34 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 9:10pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 8:31pm:
[quote]Gary J Matthews
October 19, 2017 ·

About 35 short years ago I came to live here is South Australia and they had Jobs everywhere, we had Iron Ore and great steel industries, we had ship building, Car manufacturing, Holden, Chrysler, Mitsubishi, even Lightburn made a Zeta, we built TV’s, radio’s, washing machines, Victa lawn mowers, hills hoists & fine furniture manufacturing.

We built Car parts and we even made our own tyres at Bridgestone!

We had fishing ports and cheap Petrol that was made at Stanvac SA, Bulimba Brisbane. Mortlake Sydney Refinery’s from oil brought from Bass Strait, North West Shelf and Timor Sea.
We built Aircraft, Boats, Submarines and battle cruiser, war ships. Buses. Locomotives, Diesel electric trains as well as the tracks and everything was

“PROUDLY MADE IN AUSTRALIA”!

We had Corner stores and Milk Bars and Deli's, and Hardware shops all over the city and country.

Flea Markets everywhere on weekend. All our food was fresh and local. Our Milk was delivered every morning to our doorstep.

We paid our rates to the local council and we use to dump our rubbish free at the local tips.

We had work available as a driveway attendant at all our local Service Stations, that was when we had Australian own Service Stations like GOLDEN FLEECE that even had restaurants owned by H.C. Sleigh...

I even remember good old STANLEY who checked your tyres, checked your oils and washes your windscreen. And at ALL these places you could find a JOB!!!

I remember going to Myers etc to buy Clothes and there was always someone with a tape measure to measure me up and all my NEW cloth fitted perfectly... Today I have to take clothes off the shelves, get them out of the packets, Take them to the fitting room and try them on.. If they didn't fit put them back and keep trying till you get the ones that fit. 2 Hours later take them to the checkout if it is not Self Serve.

They are scanned and the operator tells me the price.... Oh I say... Can you tell me the second hand price please???? These are new She replies... No they are not ! These shirts smell under the arm pits... These are not new at all... How many people before me have tried them on??? I don't know what diseases people have.

We had PUBLIC UTILITIES like Power Stations, Water & Gas which would employ thousand around the Country and so cheap, it would would sustain thousands of Industries all over the Nation. we were all taught Respect for others and ourselves at school.

Then the bloody Government sold our soul !!!!

It started to Corporatise itself and began to compete instead of Govern. Then we started going down hill! All our companies started going offshore or closing down because this new corporate government did deals with other countries under free trade agreements that allowed them to totally wipe out our business and manufacturing by selling us their cheap crap. we as Australians use to all watch each others backs, now we just watch each other through security screens and burglar alarms..

These Foreign Countries took over our Mineral resources. They drove our Farmers off their land and started selling it to these foreign countries and set up 457 visa’s as well which would let these countries bring in their own workers! These things left our once beautiful Country in tatters!

Then these Politicians allowed Foreign Countries to buy our Power Stations and guaranteed them that they would always make a profit at our expense no matter what.

Now because we have lost so much the Government then realised they don't get much income anymore and have to find new ways to make money so it hits it’s own people further in the pocket.

They cut funding to our Education and over the years led us to import skilled workers because we didn't have any!

They cut funding to our Emergency Services, they cut funding to our police and Public housing.

These new Corporate Government Politicians laughed in our faces and gave themselves MASSIVE pay rises and they all pat themselves on the back knowing that we are so dumb and stupid we would not know what is going on!

Now they tell us we have to tighten our belts and lose what little we have left to pay back the MASSIVE DEBT they left us all in.

Now I drive the main roads and all I see is the empty buildings that once housed all these great manufacturing companies and I begin to cry seeing them all run down or for lease!!!

This over paid government need more taxes to live on so they are now going to force our elderly (
God bless them, for they are the ones that built this Nation
) back into the workforce until they are 70. and tell everyone to go out and get a JOB!!

So can someone in this new Corporate Government tell us
EXACTLY WHERE THESE BLOODY JOBS ARE??????????????????????? BECAUSE EVERY BLOODY THING LISTED ABOVE IS GONE, GONE, GONE !!!!

From the ultra-right
UNITED AUSTRALIA LOBBY
(Clive Palmer)

https://www.facebook.com/UnitedAustralia/posts/about-35-short-years-ago/17286083...

« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2018 at 9:17pm by buzzanddidj »  

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #35 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 9:59pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 7:53pm:
PZ547 wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 12:36pm:
Quote:
Gary J Matthews
October 19, 2017 ·

About 35 short years ago I came to live here is South Australia and they had Jobs everywhere, we had Iron Ore and great steel industries, we had ship building, Car manufacturing, Holden, Chrysler, Mitsubishi, even Lightburn made a Zeta, we built TV’s, radio’s, washing machines, Victa lawn mowers, hills hoists & fine furniture manufacturing.

We built Car parts and we even made our own tyres at Bridgestone!

We had fishing ports and cheap Petrol that was made at Stanvac SA, Bulimba Brisbane. Mortlake Sydney Refinery’s from oil brought from Bass Strait, North West Shelf and Timor Sea.
We built Aircraft, Boats, Submarines and battle cruiser, war ships. Buses. Locomotives, Diesel electric trains as well as the tracks and everything was

“PROUDLY MADE IN AUSTRALIA”!

We had Corner stores and Milk Bars and Deli's, and Hardware shops all over the city and country.

Flea Markets everywhere on weekend. All our food was fresh and local. Our Milk was delivered every morning to our doorstep.

We paid our rates to the local council and we use to dump our rubbish free at the local tips.

We had work available as a driveway attendant at all our local Service Stations, that was when we had Australian own Service Stations like GOLDEN FLEECE that even had restaurants owned by H.C. Sleigh...

I even remember good old STANLEY who checked your tyres, checked your oils and washes your windscreen. And at ALL these places you could find a JOB!!!

I remember going to Myers etc to buy Clothes and there was always someone with a tape measure to measure me up and all my NEW cloth fitted perfectly... Today I have to take clothes off the shelves, get them out of the packets, Take them to the fitting room and try them on.. If they didn't fit put them back and keep trying till you get the ones that fit. 2 Hours later take them to the checkout if it is not Self Serve.

They are scanned and the operator tells me the price.... Oh I say... Can you tell me the second hand price please???? These are new She replies... No they are not ! These shirts smell under the arm pits... These are not new at all... How many people before me have tried them on??? I don't know what diseases people have.

We had PUBLIC UTILITIES like Power Stations, Water & Gas which would employ thousand around the Country and so cheap, it would would sustain thousands of Industries all over the Nation. we were all taught Respect for others and ourselves at school.

Then the bloody Government sold our soul !!!!

It started to Corporatise itself and began to compete instead of Govern. Then we started going down hill! All our companies started going offshore or closing down because this new corporate government did deals with other countries under free trade agreements that allowed them to totally wipe out our business and manufacturing by selling us their cheap crap. we as Australians use to all watch each others backs, now we just watch each other through security screens and burglar alarms..

These Foreign Countries took over our Mineral resources. They drove our Farmers off their land and started selling it to these foreign countries and set up 457 visa’s as well which would let these countries bring in their own workers! These things left our once beautiful Country in tatters!

Then these Politicians allowed Foreign Countries to buy our Power Stations and guaranteed them that they would always make a profit at our expense no matter what.

Now because we have lost so much the Government then realised they don't get much income anymore and have to find new ways to make money so it hits it’s own people further in the pocket.

They cut funding to our Education and over the years led us to import skilled workers because we didn't have any!

They cut funding to our Emergency Services, they cut funding to our police and Public housing.

These new Corporate Government Politicians laughed in our faces and gave themselves MASSIVE pay rises and they all pat themselves on the back knowing that we are so dumb and stupid we would not know what is going on!

Now they tell us we have to tighten our belts and lose what little we have left to pay back the MASSIVE DEBT they left us all in.

Now I drive the main roads and all I see is the empty buildings that once housed all these great manufacturing companies and I begin to cry seeing them all run down or for lease!!!

This over paid government need more taxes to live on so they are now going to force our elderly (God bless them, for they are the ones that built this Nation) back into the workforce until they are 70. and tell everyone to go out and get a JOB!!

So can someone in this new Corporate Government tell us EXACTLY WHERE THESE BLOODY JOBS ARE??????????????????????? BECAUSE EVERY BLOODY THING LISTED ABOVE IS GONE, GONE, GONE !!!!

-------------------

BEST THING I'VE READ HERE IN YEARS !!!!!

It's crap according our resident moderator & rabid capitalist FD.

Empty headed platitudes. For people who like the idea of preaching to the choir.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #36 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 11:47pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 8:19pm:

They love fruit - pears especially...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:00am

Think about it - things could be worse... let's sit around, make a fire, sing a few songs... anything to keep the hunger pangs away .... people always sing better when they've got nothing and no hope... that's why they're a choir in the first place... it's not as if they just sit around all day in a uni or a parliament and make up this stuff.... these are the dissidents ... those who do Paul Simon's prophecies on subway walls......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 11:29am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 11:47pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 8:19pm:

They love fruit - pears especially...

I have a hand reared one. He loves grapes, pear, kiwi fruit but his ecstacy is the bottle brush. I don't clip wings as I find that cruel and if he ever gets into trouble he can't get away.  He will fly over and sit in the BB tree for hours and get high. Eucalyptus trees too. Always returns to the cage... or mansion as we call it. He even has a swimming pool. Spoilt.

He (yes he is def MALE no gender issues there) fluffs up and dances as it is mating season now. Very funny birds. They make great pets. They poo a lot but if you know when he is going you can get clear of it......and talk....can't shut him up at the moment.  Grin

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #39 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 3:14pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 8:31pm:
[quote][b]Gary J Matthews
October 19, 2017 ·

About 35 short years ago ...even Lightburn made a Zeta

Now, unless he was writing that piece way back in 1995, he would not have seen a Lightburn Zeta roll off the Assembly Line down in Camden Park...  Tsk, tsk, such a shame the world has moved onwards, hey, Mechie?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 7:57pm

We've always got Grevillea in the gardens - the parrots love them... biggish tree out front will soon be in flower and Lorikeets will be there..  got a Mary McKillop - nice red - that should help the birds and bees...  Honey Eater is getting into the neighbour's honeysuckle already... yum, yum ...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 9:13pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 11:29am:
I have a hand reared one. He loves grapes, pear, kiwi fruit but his ecstacy is the bottle brush. I don't clip wings as I find that cruel and if he ever gets into trouble he can't get away.  He will fly over and sit in the BB tree for hours and get high. Eucalyptus trees too. Always returns to the cage... or mansion as we call it. He even has a swimming pool. Spoilt.

He (yes he is def MALE no gender issues there) fluffs up and dances as it is mating season now. Very funny birds. They make great pets. They poo a lot but if you know when he is going you can get clear of it......and talk....can't shut him up at the moment.  Grin

Ha!! How bloody brilliant is that!

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print