Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Care for the Aged
Reply #45 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 11:08am

cods wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 10:32am:
Aussie wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 8:57am:
cods wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 7:13am:
btw the crisis hasnt just happened   on LIBS watch...

what exactly did shortarse do when he was assTreasurer?????

apart from leaving a MASSIVE DEBT IN HIS WAKE> Angry Angry Angry

Can you tell me in which years Shorten was Treasurer?

https://www.smh.com.au/business/payday-lenders-meet-with-ass-treasurer-20110909-...

The payday lending industry says more consultation with government is likely after leaders met with Assistant Treasurer Bill Shorten to thrash out reforms aiming to put predatory lenders out of business.

Industry lobby group, the National Financial Services Federation (NFSF), said it looked forward to further consultation with the government to achieve reforms that both protect vulnerable Australians and keep the industry viable for consumers that use short-term loans.

Ah.....ass.

Yeas, given how well and accurately you always present your posts I ought to have seen that.  My bad.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 1:54pm

tickleandrose wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 5:31pm:
The bottom line is that there is not enough money.  If everyone is to be treated with standards that we hope for, then, we may well bankrupt the country.   Its every man and woman for themselves!

Those bankrupting the country are not the aged

All about priorities and the aged have not been priority or anywhere close

allah thanks our politicians

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 2:04pm

S.I.N.G.  Silence is not Golden.  Whistleblower site.  Whistleblower support group

LINK

Care nurses losing their jobs for trying to support the elderly in their care

Care nurses being blackballed (by Qld Health for one) for exposing disgusting treatment of elderly and impaired, including the excoriation of a 40-something physically disabled man, mentally fine, whose mother had put $400,000 in trust for him.  $300,000 grabbed by the home-manager, reportedly.  Her son murdered, money gone, the elderly mother was not even informed of  his suspicious death for more than a week

Old women being bashed and left naked under cold showers and left there all night for daring to speak even mildly.  Any nurse who attempted to help those women was driven out of a job, defamed, blackballed, bashed

Elderly in care homes too afraid to reveal their suffering to relatives or 'you'll get worse when your family has gone'

Holy roller Morrison 'just decided' something needed to be done?  When did the lightbulb in his head go on?  How did he manage to holy-roll all those years when he knew what was going on, all the suffering and pain

Valkie's right.  Revolution.  Pray for a deadly virus to strike every parliament in the country.  Then hose OUR houses of parliament out with military-grade Dettol

as for care-home owners and managers

feed them to Nth Korea's dogs

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #48 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 2:22pm

I am glad there will be an Aged Care Royal Commission this will be worse than the Banking Royal Commission in the insidious predators in the Aged Care Industry it smokes out

Hopefully a whole new Management of Aged Care will result and the thieves and criminals in the industry smoked out

There was an article on 9's Current Affair last night about a successful overseas monitoring company which monitors aged care facilities 24/7..Big Brother? Damned straight and don't they need them

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 2:45pm

I've been posting about S.I.N.G. in here (and elsewhere) for years

S.I.N.G.  Silence is NOT Golden. Whistleblower site/group

LINK

Whistleblowers have been striving for many years to draw politicians' and the public's attention to the situation for far more years

Countless whistleblowers have been sacked, blackballed, threatened, defamed, ruined --- for trying to get some light thrown on what is a demonic situation

The stories on that site would destroy the peace of mind of a billionaire, ruin his enjoyment of his city-block sized yacht

thank God people are finally learning the truth about aged care and care homes

Naturally there will be promises and 'outrage' before things settle back down to the usual ghastliness

but any improvement, any investigation and ousting of what are literal demons, is better than nothing

Meanwhile, give people the option of voluntary euthanasia

Sure, voluntary euthanasia will eat into shareholders (who ARE they by the way) profits

but surely all the foreign intake will fill the positions of those jammed into UNcare homes who would prefer to exit rather than suffer living-hell at the end of their lives?

(this site double-spaces posts for some reason, so i won't apolgise for what is beyond my control)

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 3:38pm

red baron wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 2:22pm:
I am glad there will be an Aged Care Royal Commission this will be worse than the Banking Royal Commission in the insidious predators in the Aged Care Industry it smokes out

Hopefully a whole new Management of Aged Care will result and the thieves and criminals in the industry smoked out

Ditto on that, and let's hope the RC is not sanitized by the media

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Mary Black

Reply #51 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 5:21pm

As far as I am aware, to get a place in an Age Care Facility, they have to pay a huge sum, and if they own their own home, they need to pay a lot more ... then their Age Pension sort of covers the food, etc.

There is absolutely NO WAY I would want anybody I love in one of those places!

Way back, I did some Charity Work and a group of us visited an Old Aged Peoples Home in Sydney.  Just to talk to them and make them morning tea, etc. 

I was absolutely stunned ... most of those had been "dumped" there because they were "old" and their kids never visited! They didn't complain about anything, just that their children never came to see them.

I lasted about 2 visits ... it was far too emotional for me.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #52 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 5:45pm

There is an old saying, 'A Society is judged by the way it treats its senior citizens"

Guess our one is pretty  f......d!

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #53 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 6:29pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 2:04pm:

S.I.N.G.  Silence is not Golden.  Whistleblower site.  Whistleblower support group

LINK

Care nurses losing their jobs for trying to support the elderly in their care

Care nurses being blackballed (by Qld Health for one) for exposing disgusting treatment of elderly and impaired, including the excoriation of a 40-something physically disabled man, mentally fine, whose mother had put $400,000 in trust for him.  $300,000 grabbed by the home-manager, reportedly.  Her son murdered, money gone, the elderly mother was not even informed of  his suspicious death for more than a week

Old women being bashed and left naked under cold showers and left there all night for daring to speak even mildly.  Any nurse who attempted to help those women was driven out of a job, defamed, blackballed, bashed

Elderly in care homes too afraid to reveal their suffering to relatives or 'you'll get worse when your family has gone'

Holy roller Morrison 'just decided' something needed to be done?  When did the lightbulb in his head go on?  How did he manage to holy-roll all those years when he knew what was going on, all the suffering and pain

Valkie's right.  Revolution.  Pray for a deadly virus to strike every parliament in the country.  Then hose OUR houses of parliament out with military-grade Dettol

as for care-home owners and managers

feed them to Nth Korea's dogs

You know the thing about being immersed in water - even if your body temperature is 98.6 F and the water is 85 F - slowly your core temperature will drop and you will die... even sailors adrift in the tropics die from exposure/hypothermia eventually...  US  navy found that out in WW II.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 7:03pm

tickleandrose wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 9:19am:
Gnads wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 6:14am:
tickleandrose wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 5:31pm:
The bottom line is that there is not enough money.  If everyone is to be treated with standards that we hope for, then, we may well bankrupt the country.   Its every man and woman for themselves!

Bullshyte ... where does it all go or where has it all gone?

You should be ScoMos secretary.

Things need prioritisation.

It would be the same problem for labor as well.  There are alot of priorites out there: infrastructure, health care, education, the list goes on and on.   And with an ageing population, with less ratio of tax payers vs aged person.  The problem is only going to get worse and worse, since we are also going into a phase where we are anti migration. 

The majority of migrants/refugees/asylum seekers we have been bringing in for the last decade & back further are incompatible, unskilled long term welfare dependent bludgers.

With the loss of industry & jobs & therefore a large enough taxpayer base, that's why people are anti-migration.

I know this isn't party specific ... both  Labor & the LNP are responsible for these outcomes.

As for an aging population .... some make it to old age

have you ever been into any major metropolitan hospitals lately?

There are multiple Oncology businesses & thousands of cancer patients of all ages all in various stages of treatment & dying.

The "aging population" mantra is complete BS..... and with the treatment our seniors are receiving in Aged Care facilities they are dying even faster.  Roll Eyes Angry

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 7:40pm

https://www.smh.com.au/business/payday-lenders-meet-with-ass-treasurer-20110909-...

The payday lending industry says more consultation with government is likely after leaders met with [highlight]Assistant Treasurer Bill Shorten to thrash out reforms aiming to put predatory lenders out of business.[/highlight]

Industry lobby group, the National Financial Services Federation (NFSF), said it looked forward to further consultation with the government to achieve reforms that both protect vulnerable Australians and keep the industry viable for consumers that use short-term loans.

And what happened with that Cods?

Regardless of Shortens involvement the LNP allowed the PayDay lenders to win the day.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 7:46pm

red baron wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 2:22pm:

There was an article on 9's Current Affair last night about a successful overseas monitoring company which monitors aged care facilities 24/7..Big Brother? Damned straight and don't they need them

As well as the criminals running aged care there are undesirables/criminals being employed by those criminals as carers in these aged care facilities.

The scrutiny of these people is not rigorous enough.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 7:50pm

red baron wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 5:45pm:
There is an old saying, 'A Society is judged by the way it treats its senior citizens"

That's right ... but because of this sort of thing I have no faith in making arrangements for entry into one for myself or my wife .....

even though our greatest wish is not to be a burden on our children in our dotage .... if we make it that long.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #58 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 7:53pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 7:40pm:

The payday lending industry says more consultation with government is likely after leaders met with [highlight]Assistant Treasurer Bill Shorten to thrash out reforms aiming to put predatory lenders out of business.[/highlight]

And what happened with that Cods?

Regardless of Shortens involvement the LNP allowed the PayDay lenders to win the day. 

Loan sharking is a sacred Entitlement....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #59 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 8:04pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 7:50pm:
red baron wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 5:45pm:

That's right ... but because of this sort of thing I have no faith in making arrangements for entry into one for myself or my wife .....

even though our greatest wish is not to be a burden on our children in our dotage .... if we make it that long.

I have all sorts of plans.....but the ultimate Plan Z is one of the kids.  Karma.  I had to wipe theirs after all.

Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print