Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Canon G4000 series printer (Read 725 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Canon G4000 series printer
Sep 17th, 2018 at 2:57pm

I bought this printer to use with my Windows 10 Dell 64bit. After 3 clean installs, the "Printer Not Responding" result was getting tedious. I handed over my computer to Canon Support, by remote control, and they tried 2 more clean installs, and several stabs at settings. (2 hours of my life on a phone, that I will never get back) They never found anything wrong with the computer or the printer. In the end they gave up and said I should get a IT guy to look at it, and wished me a pleasant day.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Canon G4000 series printer
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 3:00pm

issuevoter wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 2:57pm:
I bought this printer to use with my Windows 10 Dell 64bit. After 3 clean installs, the "Printer Not Responding" result was getting tedious. I handed over my computer to Canon Support, by remote control, and they tried 2 more clean installs, and several stabs at settings. (2 hours of my life on a phone, that I will never get back) They never found anything wrong with the computer or the printer. In the end they gave up and said I should get a IT guy to look at it, and wished me a pleasant day.

What do you actually intend to print?

IBI

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 3:25pm

wifi or cable connection?

IP Logged

Aurora

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 3:28pm

Just turn it off and then on again.  I have the same problem and that seems to work.  Wink

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 3:36pm

Is the printer a second hand one? If it is, it might have a faulty USB chip

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 3:50pm

Sometimes the printer has to be installed in exactly the right sequence. There is usually a note: don't  attach printer yet or some such. Otherwise it doesn't find the software.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 4:46pm

Usually Windows 10 will install its own drivers.

I usually reboot Windows and then switch on the printer and then plug it into a USB port Then Windows will recognize the new device and then install its own drivers.

I found the ethernet connection if available on the printer is the easiest to get working and is better for a network. You might need to download the correct driver from the Canon site.

If you are using wireless you are on your own as can be diabolically difficult.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 5:31pm

I bought another Canon printer recently. Do not use the default Windows drivers. Connect it up to your computer via the USB cable and run the installation from the supplied CD. That's the only way I could reliably get it to work on various different computers.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Aurora

Reply #8 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 6:59pm

Why the fuss?

Unplug the printer.
Delete the connection in Devices & Printers
Use the CD that came with it
Go through the installation step-by-step.

Then turn it off and on again when it doesn't do what you want it to, immediately ......

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #9 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 9:08am

Sir lastnail wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 5:31pm:

I bought another Canon printer recently. Do not use the default Windows drivers. Connect it up to your computer via the USB cable and run the installation from the supplied CD. That's the only way I could reliably get it to work on various different computers.

Before I contacted Canon I did three clean installs using their CD. Then Canon had  remote control of my computer and they loaded the drivers. I suspect there is a conflict somewhere, and also suspect the G4600 software was assumed to be totally compatible with Windows 10 without thorough testing. Electronics companies do this all the time when they have too many products on the market. Officeworks took the Canon back, no questions asked, and replaced it with an HP which installed without a hitch.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 11:26am

Sometimes third party computer builders don't provide full windows packages.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print