Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 43
Send Topic Print
A Dearth of Diversity at OzPol (Read 42555 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: A Dearth of Diversity at OzPol
Reply #15 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 1:16pm

issuevoter wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 12:55pm:
Is there a page somewhere that lists the bans and the offences? Or, are these assumptions?

There is no said page and there are no assumptions except in the case of Rhino.  The others (except Neferti who posted a Members full details on two separate dates - she was given a 6-8 week ban after the first occasion, then repeated the same on the 20th Feb this year and has been gone since then...and rightly so) have posted, at Monk's joint, that they are banned.  Smith and Mothra have been under that ban for at least nine months so far.  Monk is also banned, period unknown.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #16 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 2:23pm

Perhaps they should be let back in but with a forced name change for a year, a bit like how a kelpie has the carcass of a chicken hung around it's neck when it when it goes rogue.

We've already decided Greg's name, Turdy Mc Turdface but what about the rest of them?

Lets have a vote. These are just suggestions, feel free to come up with your own options.

John Smith. The Dapto Wog
Rhino - Whino
Mothra - Mrs Meatbags

IBI

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 2:44pm

Greg is taking a break to have a good long hard look at himself, he knows he has taken the wrong path.
The others need to come to their senses as well.
Bring them back on probation.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #18 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 2:45pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 2:23pm:
Perhaps they should be let back in but with a forced name change for a year, a bit like how a kelpie has the carcass of a chicken hung around it's neck when it when it goes rogue.

We've already decided Greg's name, Turdy Mc Turdface but what about the rest of them?

Lets have a vote. These are just suggestions, feel free to come up with your own options.

Rhino - Whino
Mothra - Mrs Meatbags

But how do we know they have gone rogue vs someone just getting rid of people they disagree with.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 3:03pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 2:45pm:
Gordon wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 2:23pm:

Rhino - Whino
Mothra - Mrs Meatbags

But how do we know they have gone rogue vs someone just getting rid of people they disagree with.

Can you clarify that?  It is confusing.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #20 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 5:23pm

Quite frankly

I find the forum far better without the trash

Those banned, were banned for good reason.

Pecca should have been banned many times

Good riddance.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 5:28pm

Valkie wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 5:23pm:
Quite frankly

I find the forum far better without the trash

Those banned, were banned for good reason.

Pecca should have been banned many times

Good riddance.

Okay.  So name the Member and say what the 'good reason' was in each case.

We can take this further.  Who should (in your opinion) be banned, and for what reason?

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 5:38pm

There is of course another option, if you don't like it you can always bugger off. 

Ask Aussie nicely I am sure he will let you know  Mothra, John et al new address.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 6:18pm

since when did Rhino get banned????>..

I agree to some extent with AiA   but the vileness  thats been thrown at some of  us on monks site .. makes me shudder to think we should be expected to go through that again... just because you enjoy people insulting each other..... that isnt for me....

another thing that pings me off is the way American news has taken over ozpol... it would make up more than half of the posts...

who gives a monkeys about American politics.?? what the hell are we expected to do about it????...

now that is boring.. Angry

you concern yourself with those who have been banned for good..AiA

why not concern yourself with people who have left for good  because of the louts on here..

who think they have some power .. its called    bullying..

greg is a good example he has followed members around  from pillar to post...going on and on about the same thing  ...nothing at all to do with debate  just plain nasty...and all because he knew it upset them... Sad

now he has had a little of his own back.... and hes run like a rabbit..... Cry Cry Cry..couldnt stand the heat I guess..

but thats what this place has come down too....I have said for a while  the attitude here is driving people away 

I got into trouble! for my trouble... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 6:22pm

Bring Greg back so we can hang him.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #25 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 7:05pm

Johnnie wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 6:22pm:

and hang em high.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #26 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 7:10pm

cods wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 6:18pm:

I agree to some extent with AiA   but the vileness  thats been thrown at some of  us on monks site .. makes me shudder to think we should be expected to go through that again... just because you enjoy people insulting each other..... that isnt for me....

another thing that pings me off is the way American news has taken over ozpol... it would make up more than half of the posts...

who gives a monkeys about American politics.?? what the hell are we expected to do about it????...

why not concern yourself with people who have left for good  because of the louts on here..

greg is a good example he has followed members around  from pillar to post...going on and on about the same thing  ...nothing at all to do with debate  just plain nasty...and all because he knew it upset them... Sad

now he has had a little of his own back.... and hes run like a rabbit..... Cry Cry Cry..couldnt stand the heat I guess..

but thats what this place has come down too....I have said for a while  the attitude here is driving people away 

That's a point I was going to make,  Cods

The post count may take a hit without Greg but how many of those posts are repetitive badgering.  And how many people has he driven away? There'd be many guests who don't bother even signing up after reading his accusations of pedophilia or homosexuality.

Think of losing these people as short term pain for long term gain.

IBI

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 7:12pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 7:05pm:
Johnnie wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 6:22pm:

and hang em high.

At least that will teach em a lesson.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 7:28pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 7:10pm:
cods wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 6:18pm:

That's a point I was going to make,  Cods

The post count may take a hit without Greg but how many of those posts are repetitive badgering.  And how many people has he driven away? There'd be many guests who don't bother even signing up after reading his accusations of pedophilia or homosexuality.

Think of losing these people as short term pain for long term gain.

If the forum had the tools you could graph it, at an average of 40 or so posts per day and most of those would have been responded to so you can double that at least, that's a 100 posts a day hit.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #29 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 7:34pm

Secret Wars wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 7:28pm:
If the forum had the tools you could graph it, at an average of 40 or so posts per day and most of those would have been responded to so you can double that at least, that's a 100 posts a day hit.   

But with Greggy it would be 100 posts a day of homosexual rubbish.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 43
Send Topic Print