Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
How we can be happiness? (Read 11704 times)
Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: How we can be happiness?
Reply #30 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 6:23pm

Happiness is (H - uH)

H = Happiness
uH = unHappiness

You can attain happiness by recognizing then rejecting and/or eliminating all the things that make you unhappy

Once you've completed the "unhappy" rejection/elimination process, only happiness remains - for you to enjoy

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Tim Neanderthal

Australian Politics

White Hole
Reply #31 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 1:39am

Bias_2012 wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 6:23pm:
Happiness is (H - uH)

H = Happiness
uH = unHappiness

You can attain happiness by recognizing then rejecting and/or eliminating all the things that make you unhappy

Once you've completed the "unhappy" rejection/elimination process, only happiness remains - for you to enjoy

Set theory Smiley

Approach the truth

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 1:55am

Tim Neanderthal wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 1:39am:
Happiness is (H - uH)

H = Happiness
uH = unHappiness

Set theory Smiley

Put the theory into practice. It worked for me

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #33 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 9:16am

Well, its a nice theory, but it is of necessity a personal one. I would not be able to advise anyone on this subject, but I do know that Happiness is rarely analysed by the unhappy. Likewise, few people have goals beyond the material. For me, it is not so much what you have, as what you do.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #34 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 9:40am

I don't think there is anything 'spiritual' (Fashionable) about Happiness.
People find happiness in getting their next 'smack' fix.
Their next one night stand, the next Pokie pay-out, etc.
People find 'happiness' in isolation - up in the high mountains, away from people and the stresses of life and its responsibilities.

In many a circumstance - I've seen many a Happy person or happy people as nothing more than 'stupid' compared to someone/people as 'depressed'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 2:25pm

issuevoter wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 9:16am:
Well, its a nice theory, but it is of necessity a personal one. I would not be able to advise anyone on this subject, but I do know that Happiness is rarely analysed by the unhappy. Likewise, few people have goals beyond the material. For me, it is not so much what you have, as what you do.

Yes each person must decide what will make them happy, it's very personal for sure

I did indeed analyze my own situation and found it wanting, there was far too much famine in my life, but to get into feast I needed to embark on the rejection/elimination process

It took planning, money and achievement of goals over a 15 year period.

The planning was based on "What would make me happy?" (I needed to get out of drudgery and stop bowing to other people most of the time)

The money was to come from honest full time work (some went into savings, some into Super)

The goals were based on sporadic things in life I'd already experienced that left me with a great deal of satisfaction and that warm inner glow feeling, but were all too often interrupted

In the final analysis, I needed to get out of the big city, have my own place, have no debt, be in picturesque surroundings, be able to carry on my hobbies uninterrupted, have a reliable vehicle, have friendly folk as neighbors but not too close, a bare minimum of traffic lights and cops, a minimum of government interference and a low to reasonable cost of living

This sounds like a lot but I actually achieved every one of those, I rejected my former life and made a new life based on what would make me happy - for the rest of my life

« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2018 at 2:32pm by Bias_2012 »  

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #36 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 8:01am

Happiness is a personal 'feeling' [a state of mind].    .....i would say, even, that happiness is a 'spirit'.

Happiness is something we either, have 'found' and now possess, or it is something which still eludes us.

Happiness is not something which any man can purchase, with worldly possessions [like 'money'].

And happiness can reside with and among, people with vastly differing worldly circumstances.

e.g.
Many materially poor [or moderately poor] people have found and possess happiness.

And 'sound' happiness often eludes many of the wealthiest people on the planet.

Personal good health is something to be treasured [appreciated].

But do we ?

And happiness belongs to those who have found contentment with simple goodness.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1536933291/7#7

Job 22:21
Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee.
22  Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart.

Job 34:10
Therefore hearken unto me, ye men of understanding: far be it from God, that he should do wickedness; and from the Almighty, that he should commit iniquity.
11  For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to his ways.

Psalms 62:10
Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.
11  God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.
12  Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Proverbs 2:6
For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
7  He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
8  He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.
9  Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.

Q.
Where   is   happiness ?

Where does happiness reside ?

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Quote:

A meditation - on the spirit of God, and the dwelling place of God's spirit;

Exodus 12:41
And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years, even the selfsame day it came to pass, that all the hosts of the LORD went out from the land of Egypt.

Exodus 25:8
And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

Exodus 29:45
And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.

Exodus 29:46
And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God.

Leviticus 11:44
For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy:....

Leviticus 19:2
Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.

Leviticus 20:26
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

Numbers 16:22
.....O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh,....

Numbers 35:34
Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit, wherein I dwell: for I the LORD dwell among the children of Israel.

1 Kings 6:13
And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel.

Psalms 5:4
For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Malachi 3:7
Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

James 4:8
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you....

happiness?

it's not rocket science, mankind.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 1:33pm

Yadda wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 8:01am:
Happiness is not something which any man can purchase, with worldly possessions [like 'money'].

The old cliché - no original thought behind it

Money honestly earned and wisely spent can generate a great deal of happiness. Sure you can't hand over some money to someone and expect them to hand you some happiness back in exchange

The pursuit of happiness can only lie in the minds of those who are pursuing it, and pursuing happiness sometimes requires some money to be spent on necessary and basic items provided those items are in your plan to achieve happiness - and that's the key to spending the money wisely. But money is still needed

A religious person in Australia can achieve happiness in their religion but they'll still need money, why do you think plates are handed around in Catholic churches, (or don't they do that anymore?) ... making the Catholic Church very wealthy by the way

In my pursuit of happiness I needed $200k to complete my plan, everything is humble, just like your religion says - be humble. Also in my plan was to reject the Catholic Church along with it's pedo priests and prime real estate worth billions. I pray in privacy if and when I feel like it

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #38 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 6:06pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 1:33pm:

The old cliché - no original thought behind it

Money honestly earned and wisely spent can generate a great deal of happiness. Sure you can't hand over some money to someone and expect them to hand you some happiness back in exchange

The pursuit of happiness can only lie in the minds of those who are pursuing it, and pursuing happiness sometimes requires some money to be spent on necessary and basic items provided those items are in your plan to achieve happiness - and that's the key to spending the money wisely. But money is still needed

A religious person in Australia can achieve happiness in their religion but they'll still need money, why do you think plates are handed around in Catholic churches, (or don't they do that anymore?) ... making the Catholic Church very wealthy by the way

In my pursuit of happiness I needed $200k to complete my plan, everything is humble, just like your religion says - be humble. Also in my plan was to reject the Catholic Church along with it's pedo priests and prime real estate worth billions. I pray in privacy if and when I feel like it

I am glad you pointed out the cliche of money not being able to buy happiness. When I said its not what you have, its what you do, I did not mean wealth precludes happiness. One type of case is anxiety, and it is common knowledge that occupational therapy is highly beneficial. Wealth may be either a help, or a hindrance, depending on the personality of the individual. In my experience, truly happy people are often highly independent thinkers, while at the same time, there are those who profess happiness in following the mores or membership of a group. It is quite possible happiness requires neither philosophy or circumstance.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 6:54pm

In over-populated nations - MONEY does indeed buy 'happiness' and a freedom (ticket) out of Hell.
Simple as that!

In Australia - the over-indulgent and financially out of control nation. Happiness comes to the few who get to breed in our 'Gay' society.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Tim Neanderthal

Australian Politics

White Hole
Reply #40 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 1:09pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 1:55am:
Tim Neanderthal wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 1:39am:
Happiness is (H - uH)

H = Happiness
uH = unHappiness

Set theory Smiley

Put the theory into practice. It worked for me

Smiley
That means happiness of yours is relevant to your personality.

Approach the truth

IP Logged

Tim Neanderthal

Australian Politics

White Hole
Reply #41 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 1:11pm

Doing for having.

Approach the truth

IP Logged

Tim Neanderthal

Australian Politics

White Hole
Reply #42 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 1:14pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 9:40am:
I don't think there is anything 'spiritual' (Fashionable) about Happiness.
People find happiness in getting their next 'smack' fix.
Their next one night stand, the next Pokie pay-out, etc.
People find 'happiness' in isolation - up in the high mountains, away from people and the stresses of life and its responsibilities.

In many a circumstance - I've seen many a Happy person or happy people as nothing more than 'stupid' compared to someone/people as 'depressed'.

Yes, hapiness are so much defferent for people.

Approach the truth

IP Logged

Tim Neanderthal

Australian Politics

White Hole
Reply #43 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 1:22pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 2:25pm:

Yes each person must decide what will make them happy, it's very personal for sure

I did indeed analyze my own situation and found it wanting, there was far too much famine in my life, but to get into feast I needed to embark on the rejection/elimination process

It took planning, money and achievement of goals over a 15 year period.

The planning was based on "What would make me happy?" (I needed to get out of drudgery and stop bowing to other people most of the time)

The money was to come from honest full time work (some went into savings, some into Super)

The goals were based on sporadic things in life I'd already experienced that left me with a great deal of satisfaction and that warm inner glow feeling, but were all too often interrupted

In the final analysis, I needed to get out of the big city, have my own place, have no debt, be in picturesque surroundings, be able to carry on my hobbies uninterrupted, have a reliable vehicle, have friendly folk as neighbors but not too close, a bare minimum of traffic lights and cops, a minimum of government interference and a low to reasonable cost of living

This sounds like a lot but I actually achieved every one of those, I rejected my former life and made a new life based on what would make me happy - for the rest of my life

Your happiness is relevant to your place and people which arround you, that is society.

Approach the truth

IP Logged

Tim Neanderthal

Australian Politics

White Hole
Reply #44 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 1:26pm

Happiness is a personal 'feeling' [a state of mind].    .....i would say, even, that happiness is a 'spirit'.

Happiness is something we either, have 'found' and now possess, or it is something which still eludes us.

And happiness can reside with and among, people with vastly differing worldly circumstances.

e.g.
Many materially poor [or moderately poor] people have found and possess happiness.

And 'sound' happiness often eludes many of the wealthiest people on the planet.

Personal good health is something to be treasured [appreciated].

But do we ?

And happiness belongs to those who have found contentment with simple goodness.

Job 22:21
Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee.
22  Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart.

Job 34:10
Therefore hearken unto me, ye men of understanding: far be it from God, that he should do wickedness; and from the Almighty, that he should commit iniquity.
11  For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to his ways.

Psalms 62:10
Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.
11  God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.
12  Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Proverbs 2:6
For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
7  He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
8  He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.
9  Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.

Q.
Where   is   happiness ?

Where does happiness reside ?

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Quote:

A meditation - on the spirit of God, and the dwelling place of God's spirit;

Exodus 12:41
And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years, even the selfsame day it came to pass, that all the hosts of the LORD went out from the land of Egypt.

Exodus 25:8
And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

Exodus 29:45
And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.

Exodus 29:46
And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God.

Leviticus 11:44
For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy:....

Leviticus 19:2
Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.

Leviticus 20:26
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

Numbers 16:22
.....O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh,....

Numbers 35:34
Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit, wherein I dwell: for I the LORD dwell among the children of Israel.

1 Kings 6:13
And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel.

Psalms 5:4
For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Malachi 3:7
Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

James 4:8
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you....

happiness?

it's not rocket science, mankind.

Good Saturday Yadda.
I like those motto. Smiley

Approach the truth

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print