Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Willie Nelson is Bad News for Ted Cruz (Read 1221 times)
longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Willie Nelson is Bad News for Ted Cruz
Reply #15 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 4:54pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 1:17pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 10:53am:
Mortdooley wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 10:46am:
Quite a few do, the Democratic party has been working on it for the last 50 years!

That's the Trump brainwashing talking.

The truth is both parties in the US love the country and want the best for it.  They just have different ways of getting there and some more than others want to profit from the path they choose.

That is one of the most absurd statements ever posted here! Cloward Pivin, Saul Alinsky and his Rules for Radicals and Che Guevara are hero's of the left. Americans love their country, democrats love their big government.

I fail to see how any real American could vote for the party of tax cuts to big business and the wealthy while screwing average workers.

They must draw a target on their chest when they go to the ballot box - just plain stupid.

I know you are no fan of tax cuts, but at least Howard's tax cuts were the same percentage across the board and permanent. 86% of Trumps tax cuts went to the top 1% and they were permanent while the cuts for the average person expire in 6 years.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #16 - Sep 16th, 2018 at 12:06am

SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 3:59pm:
Quite a few do, the Democratic party has been working on it for the last 50 years!

The truth is both parties in the US love the country and want the best for it.  They just have different ways of getting there and some more than others want to profit from the path they choose.

That is one of the most absurd statements ever posted here! Cloward Pivin, Saul Alinsky and his Rules for Radicals and Che Guevara are hero's of the left. Americans love their country, democrats love their big government.

I fail to see how any real American could vote for the party of tax cuts to big business and the wealthy while screwing average workers.

They must draw a target on their chest when they go to the ballot box - just plain stupid.

If the alternative to the current method of pretending that tax cuts to the rich will trickle down helping everyone, citing "record" this and "record" that (much of the claims, not actual records) while wage increases have been stagnant and well overtaken by inflation meaning people are earning less, compounded with the fact that anyone not from a coastal region has not seen the benefits of the in-progress recovery (not "recovered" as Trump claims) from the GFC and still now owe more on their houses than their houses are now worth, ironically many of which come from Republican states, I think that in that situation, I would take big Government that actually hard the interests of these people at heart over an orange buffoon who only pays lip service to their plight and lies to them about what he's doing, what he's done, and how much better they are because of it.

Call it ridiculous all you like, the facts speak for themselves and more and more these days, they contradict Trump and don't support the claims of what a tremendous job he's doing.

We all like to read the sites we agree with but bias isn't truth. The best lies contain some elements of the truth, the people that pay the most in taxes will save more money than those who pay little or no taxes. Huffpo and PMSNBC have become nothing more than editorial and opinion Sites, they left the News behind a long time ago!

The US has a "Progressive" tax system, the more you make the higher percentage you will be charged. For higher Income Earners deductions are the only way to lower their tax bite. The democrat voters are just upset that they don't get other peoples money. After all about fifty percent paid no taxes anyway and most even get earned income credit, wait I think they might actually be getting some of other peoples money after all.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #17 - Sep 16th, 2018 at 9:03am

longweekend58 wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 4:54pm:

I know you are no fan of tax cuts, but at least Howard's tax cuts were the same percentage across the board and permanent. 86% of Trumps tax cuts went to the top 1% and they were permanent while the cuts for the average person expire in 6 years.

I have no issue with well balanced affordable tax cuts at all.

I disagree that Howard's cuts were the same across the board - you only need to look at the tax scale changes in the relevant years to clearly see this isn't true.

Also the fact that in his last election campaign Howard apologised for not governing for all Australians and promised to do better if re elected.

I do agree that the Trump tax cuts are in a whole different category.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #18 - Sep 16th, 2018 at 9:08am

Mortdooley wrote on Sep 16th, 2018 at 12:06am:
We all like to read the sites we agree with but bias isn't truth. The best lies contain some elements of the truth, the people that pay the most in taxes will save more money than those who pay little or no taxes. Huffpo and PMSNBC have become nothing more than editorial and opinion Sites, they left the News behind a long time ago!

Yes just like FOX news.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #19 - Sep 16th, 2018 at 9:11am

The US has a "Progressive" tax system, the more you make the higher percentage you will be charged. For higher Income Earners deductions are the only way to lower their tax bite. The democrat voters are just upset that they don't get other peoples money. After all about fifty percent paid no taxes anyway and most even get earned income credit, wait I think they might actually be getting some of other peoples money after all.

A number of years ago the business lobby groups in Australia were lobbying for low pay so low that full time employees could claim benefits.

It is no surprise that in the US business have achieved this position.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #20 - Sep 16th, 2018 at 8:50pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 16th, 2018 at 9:08am:

Yes just like FOX news.

I like other news sources, I even have a paid subscription to CRTV!

A number of years ago Barrack said we all want a piece of the pie which is a basic denial that we can make more pies. If you don't understand the reference there is no helping you.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print