Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
american blogger gets sexually harassed in india (Read 1348 times)
italianmight

Australian Politics

american blogger gets sexually harassed in india
Sep 14th, 2018 at 7:58am

The best I can describe it is like I was in a horror movie': American travel blogger 'stalked and sexually assaulted' by men working in Indian hotels releases video detailing her daunting encounters

• American travel blogger Jordan Taylor claims she was stalked, assaulted and trapped in hotel rooms by Indian men

Jordan spoke about her hellish encounters in the nation's capital of New Delhi

She claims the harassment and assault recently occurred in two different hotels

In the first, men allegedly groped her and whispered explicit things in her ear

Jordan had been staying with her boyfriend, Livio, for most of the getaway

When Livio left the country four days before her, things became even weirder

In the second hotel, men allegedly followed her and attempted to get inside her room

They even turned off her AC and WiFi, and claimed they needed to repair them

source: the daily mail

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Re: american blogger gets sexually harassed in india
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 10:45am

italianmight wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 7:58am:
The best I can describe it is like I was in a horror movie': American travel blogger 'stalked and sexually assaulted' by men working in Indian hotels releases video detailing her daunting encounters

• American travel blogger Jordan Taylor claims she was stalked, assaulted and trapped in hotel rooms by Indian men

Jordan spoke about her hellish encounters in the nation's capital of New Delhi

She claims the harassment and assault recently occurred in two different hotels

In the first, men allegedly groped her and whispered explicit things in her ear

Jordan had been staying with her boyfriend, Livio, for most of the getaway

When Livio left the country four days before her, things became even weirder

In the second hotel, men allegedly followed her and attempted to get inside her room

They even turned off her AC and WiFi, and claimed they needed to repair them

source: the daily mail

Why not post the link, italianmight?

Quote:
Her vlog received more than 226,000 views as of Wednesday afternoon.

Indian website, Firstpost, later confirmed the OYO Hotel on Main Bazaar Road had been shut down until further notice.

@OYO4U wrote on Twitter: 'Guest safety is our top priority and will take the strictest of action against the partner hotel involved in this incident. Appreciate your concern.'   

Smiley

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6161607/American-blogger-stalked-sexual...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

italianmight

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 10:58am

thanks mate

haven't got 100 posts yet so can't post links yet Smiley

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 11:14am

Anyone researched if this sort of thing is recent?

If I can be bothered, I'll have a look

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 11:20am

A good friend of mine worked on the Delhi Commonwealth Games broadcast teams.

She's a bit special in the looks department and the attention she got from the Indian blokes was relentless. The locals broadcast people she was working for, wealthy and educated were the worst. One bloke started stalking her and tried to get the key for her hotel room. Some of the Indian females she worked with basically told her Indian men assume if a woman is single she wants it, and they consider stalking and harassment to be just another part of courting.

They ended up having a 24/7 security detail on her, but she was so scared she moved into a room with one of her male colleagues.

After she got back I hadn't seen her for a month or so, and someone joked with me to ask about her Indian boyfriend. (I hadn't heard the full story of the ordeal she'd been thru)

We'd had a few texts during the day and she was expecting me to call, but when I did I turned my called ID off and bunged on an Indian accent and said I missed her so much so I flew to Sydney and I wanted to meet her. She promptly hung up then called me back a few mins later and asked, was that you..then unloaded the full horror story on me.

Yuck!!

IBI

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 11:29am

Guess it's a question for old fashioned books
Google is filled with the dangers awaiting white women in India and contains numerous warnings from the Indian government and International Women's Travel Centre, plus endless rape-murder reports re: white tourists

Historically though, were white female tourists always sexually attacked by Indian males?  If not, when and why did it begin? 

IP Logged

italianmight

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 11:35am

Gordon wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 11:20am:

She's a bit special in the looks department and the attention she got from the Indian blokes was relentless. The locals broadcast people she was working for, wealthy and educated were the worst. One bloke started stalking her and tried to get the key for her hotel room. Some of the Indian females she worked with basically told her Indian men assume if a woman is single she wants it, and they consider stalking and harassment to be just another part of courting.

They ended up having a 24/7 security detail on her, but she was so scared she moved into a room with one of her male colleagues.

After she got back I hadn't seen her for a month or so, and someone joked with me to ask about her Indian boyfriend. (I hadn't heard the full story of the ordeal she'd been thru)

We'd had a few texts during the day and she was expecting me to call, but when I did I turned my called ID off and bunged on an Indian accent and said I missed her so much so I flew to Sydney and I wanted to meet her. She promptly hung up then called me back a few mins later and asked, was that you..then unloaded the full horror story on me.

Yuck!!

that story gave me a good laugh especially the part where you pretended to be an indian  Grin

however i feel sorry for your friend, they probably gave her post traumatic stress disorder.

IP Logged

italianmight

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 11:37am

Four of 10 women who commit suicide in world are from India, most are under 40: Study

"According to the study, in 2016, India accounted for 17.8 per cent (130 crore) of the global population but recorded 36.6 per cent (94,380) of the 2,57,624 suicides among women across the world and 24.3 per cent of global suicides among men."

If i had to marry an indian male i would off myself too

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 11:47am

italianmight wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 11:35am:

Yuck!!

that story gave me a good laugh especially the part where you pretended to be an indian  Grin

however i feel sorry for your friend, they probably gave her post traumatic stress disorder.

She 80% knew it was me but she was that panicked at the thought he'd tracked her down.

I did the Himalayan loop on an Enfield and we met plenty of women on the way who told us their horror stories. One, a single white brave soul thought she could do the bike trip trip solo but had to link up with other riders for saftey.

We also met a trio of Israeli women on bikes. They were ex army of course and they we're thankful for their Krav Maga skills Smiley  Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 11:51am

italianmight wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 11:37am:
Four of 10 women who commit suicide in world are from India, most are under 40: Study

"According to the study, in 2016, India accounted for 17.8 per cent (130 crore) of the global population but recorded 36.6 per cent (94,380) of the 2,57,624 suicides among women across the world and 24.3 per cent of global suicides among men."

If i had to marry an indian male i would off myself too

This has to be the funniest (and true) read on India.
https://www.singledudetravel.com/2013/12/indias-shocking-lack-of-attractive-wome...

IBI

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 11:54am

Yuck!!

Hahaha
Gold.

Poor woman.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2018 at 11:59am by Captain Caveman »  

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 12:05pm

Wealthy, educated white men (and women) are surely as guilty as their Indian counterparts when it comes to predatory sexual behaviours?

Weinstein isn't Indian, for example.  Nor were/are all those supposedly Christian clergy who're being called to account

Multiply Australia's population by a thousand and current media wouldn't have resources to report sex offences occurring here in a 24 hour period

and the South Aussie who habitually propositioned, raped and bashed overseas tourists and who was recently incarcerated (reportedly) would have a hundred others just like him featuring in overseas news, resulting in safety warnings being issued by overseas governments about the dangers facing tourists who ventured to Australia

Doubt I've ever read a news report which claimed a woman was attacked while she was walking down a road with her four male cousins

Women on their own.  No male protectors.  Vulnerable.  Weaker than one, two or more men.  Regarded as fair-game.  Story older than Time

India will already know it has to protect its tourist industry against shocking news reports (which emerge from almost all countries, but to lesser degree)

An education programme aimed at Indian men would most probably have no more success than anti-drug programmes

The chances of being robbed and bashed for late-night store operators are considerable. The chances of being struck by lightning while standing in the middle of a field in a storm are calculable as is the chance you'll be struck by a vehicle while crossing the road, or killed by a spouse or parent or being king-hit on a city street

As for the blogger, she's just another female, somewhere in the world, who's been sexually harassed

Yes, we all have the 'right' to travel.  Women may claim they have the 'right' to remain unmolested anywhere, anytime.  Problem is, sexual and other predators don't recognise those rights

Some may claim it their 'right' to speak their native-tongue anywhere in the world.  Doesn't mean the host population will attempt to understand, converse or trade with them

I don't like the junk being dumped in my yard by neighbours' trees.  Dept. of Environment insist I have no right to do anything about it (apart from clearing the mess within my yard) without facing tens of thousands in fines

IP Logged

italianmight

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 12:06pm

Gordon that article expresses exactly my feelings

melbourne used to be better when there were no indian people. used to be so many hot wog, aussie and asian chicks walking the streets   (still is). Indians have just ruined the population aesthetics of melbourne by their presence.

bad skin, skinny fat,smelly, rude,  always in a bad mood.

watching beautiful people makes you feel elated but that elation disappears as soon as an indian walks past and destroys that short period of joy.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 12:19pm

italianmight wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 12:06pm:

melbourne used to be better when there were no indian people. used to be so many hot wog, aussie and asian chicks walking the streets   (still is). Indians have just ruined the population aesthetics of melbourne by their presence.

watching beautiful people makes you feel elated but that elation disappears as soon as an indian walks past and destroys that short period of joy.

I might be feeling a bit mellow today, but your post is a pretty ignorant generalisation

For example, the vast majority of check-out operators at our local supermarket are of sub-continental origin, many quite recently arrived in this country

the vast majority of them are friendly, polite and courteous if not outright friendly

Same supermarket had a rougher gang of sub-continentals several years ago. I complained (as did others) to manaagement and to the grubs personally.  They were replaced by the superior version

As to the wogs you wish were the majority, maybe you're biased?  Because some of the first and second (third, fourth, etc.) generation wogs were shockers, still are

Our government seems to prefer other nations' rejects -- the ignorant, the peasants, the in-bred, the backwards types unwilling to assimilate

all migrants bring their problems with them.  Some never assimilate.  They simply drag their village with them and transplant it here in our towns and cities

Generally speaking, Aussies are extremely tolerant

Less tolerant, very often, are the migrants themselves

IP Logged

italianmight

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 12:29pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 12:19pm:

I might be feeling a bit mellow today, but your post is a pretty ignorant generalisation

For example, the vast majority of check-out operators at our local supermarket are of sub-continental origin, many quite recently arrived in this country

the vast majority of them are friendly, polite and courteous if not outright friendly

Same supermarket had a rougher gang of sub-continentals several years ago. I complained (as did others) to manaagement and to the grubs personally.  They were replaced by the superior version

As to the wogs you wish were the majority, maybe you're biased?  Because some of the first and second (third, fourth, etc.) generation wogs were shockers, still are

Our government seems to prefer other nations' rejects -- the ignorant, the peasants, the in-bred, the backwards types unwilling to assimilate

all migrants bring their problems with them.  Some never assimilate.  They simply drag their village with them and transplant it here in our towns and cities

where did is explicitly state that i wished wogs were the majority?

I just wished there were no indians, only wogs, aussies and asians for aesthetic reasons.

wog,aussie and asian chicks = hot

indians = not hot

simple as that

as a young bloke that is of utter most importance to me

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 12:38pm

italianmight wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 12:29pm:

I just wished there were no indians, only wogs, aussies and asians for aesthetic reasons.

indians = not hot

simple as that

First response was to suggest you're a sock and troll

but guess I really am a bit mellow today

Regardless, you're talking crap

The subcontinent produces some of the most beautiful women in the world, classically beautiful involving proportion of face and body, lustrous, thick hair and inherent feminity & grace lacking in many other nationalities

IP Logged

italianmight

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 12:48pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 12:38pm:

indians = not hot

simple as that

The subcontinent produces some of the most beautiful women in the world, classically beautiful involving proportion of face and body, lustrous, thick hair and inherent feminity & grace lacking in many other nationalities

if having a point of view contrary to your own is considered a troll then yes i am a troll.

there are some beauties but they are unicorns. for every good looking indian you will see 100 horrendous ones

don't believe me go to india yourself then afterwards go to colombia (especially medellin colombia), out of ever 10 women at least 3 of them are hot.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 12:59pm

italianmight wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 12:48pm:

indians = not hot

simple as that

if having a point of view contrary to your own is considered a troll then yes i am a troll.

there are some beauties but they are unicorns. for every good looking indian you will see 100 horrendous ones

don't believe me go to india yourself then afterwards go to colombia (especially medellin colombia), out of ever 10 women at least 3 of them are hot.

Don't get offended

the reasoning behind suspicion of trolling or sock is simply that few if any regulars in this forum would display such ignorance and immaturity as you've been keen to display

we're accustomed to higher IQs

even from socks and trolls who're deliberately stirring for reaction

IP Logged

italianmight

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 1:03pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 12:59pm:

indians = not hot

simple as that

Don't get offended

the reasoning behind suspicion of trolling or sock is simply that few if any regulars in this forum would display such ignorance and immaturity as you've been keen to display

Well if you are one of the self appointed high IQ types on here then IQs on here are not all that high then, more in line with sub saharan africa. (i happen to think IQ as a measure of intelligence is flawed)

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 2:20pm

italianmight wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 1:03pm:
PZ547 wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 12:59pm:

indians = not hot

simple as that

Don't get offended

Well if you are one of the self appointed high IQ types on here then IQs on here are not all that high then, more in line with sub saharan africa. (i happen to think IQ as a measure of intelligence is flawed)

Grin Yep there's more than one like that .... and they're only too eager to tell you such.  Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #20 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 5:01pm

italianmight wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 11:35am:

Yuck!!

I once copped a cousin of mine a beauty - she'd moved into a flat and was home alone and it had apparently been a trysting place for ladies of the night and sailors (on the waterfront)... I showed up at the door with my best Swedish accent and said I Vass Sven comen back for another roll!!

"Sven... SVEN.. you remembering me, Amber... vrom Sveden chust vor you I kommen back!"

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print